Prince

Quest rate

I try today to do Trade with Ivory tower (killing mushrooms for elves and d elves) quest, and when i got 900 adena for 10 spore sac I was just shocked. In my opinion quests like that (repeatable low level adena quests) reward rate should be lifted up. //////discussion on 

I don't agree with you.

Monsters have a 70% chance to drop adena and in the first levels when you kill a mob and get 25 adena is concidered balanced. By doing the said quest you continue getting adena per mob plus the reward for the quest which for 10 monsters isn't bad at all. I wouldn't wanna see a zillion players around those mushrooms while i grind so i m happy that some find it too low. :D

I believe it is how it was meant to be.

you are wrong if you think that every mushroom gives a sac, of course, this is x50 exp, but anyway, i leveled from lvl 8 till lvl 18 until i collected 10 sacs..... so believe, its not so easy. and it will be harder when there  will be many players hunting the mushrooms, imagine all pvp's, pk's near them if players will be interested in doing quests like that, i think that is real fun of the game. so in conclusion, i wont do any quests for reward like that, many players also wont do them, so all will be just farming random mobs in random spots, no pvp, no pk, no fun, bye bye server.

Not every mushroom gives it's sac but i doubt you leveled 10 times before finishing the quest. Why focus on what others might or might not do? You just do what you wish. Personally i will do them even if there are more players around and some might try to PvP. It's an open world. You can do whatever you want. Those monsters are close to the Starting Village so picking up the quest, hunt, deliver and go all over again isn't that bad.

I honestly don't understand your logic. You say on one hand the spot will be full with PvP and PKers and then you rant about how noone will be there to quest, PK, PvP or whatever. And your conclusion is because of that the server will be empty? Don't take it the wrong way but i think you got used to playing on high rate servers and you ll have a tough time adjusting here. Good luck though.

You did not understand what i meant. Reward for quest just wont attract ppl to do them, thats why all will just farm random mobs in random places, where ks wont mather, so there wont be any pvp's and that will suck. But when quests will attract ppl to do them it will be more fun farming that sacks with a lot of pvp's and pk's. I want that! I'm not talkig about 30k reward for 10sacs, i think perfect would be x10 rates for LOW LEVEL REPEATABLE QUESTS. And ONLY low lvl, maybe about till lvl 30, I dont know, it should be discussed with community. 

Btw, count TIME and ADENA when you running/ teleporting to spot for that quest, then u running back/soe to wilage to complete quest and take new one, you will spend more money on tp/soe to spot/wilage than 900adena that you earned for quest, if you will be running from wilage to spot and back, in that time you could farm more than 900 aden just killing random mobs. Think about taht :)

You did not understand what i meant. Reward for quest just wont attract ppl to do them, thats why all will just farm random mobs in random places, where ks wont mather, so there wont be any pvp's and that will suck. But when quests will attract ppl to do them it will be more fun farming that sacks with a lot of pvp's and pk's. I want that! I'm not talkig about 30k reward for 10sacs, i think perfect would be x10 rates for LOW LEVEL REPEATABLE QUESTS. And ONLY low lvl, maybe about till lvl 30, I dont know, it should be discussed with community. 

Btw, count TIME and ADENA when you running/ teleporting to spot for that quest, then u running back/soe to wilage to complete quest and take new one, you will spend more money on tp/soe to spot/wilage than 900adena that you earned for quest, if you will be running from wilage to spot and back, in that time you could farm more than 900 aden just killing random mobs. Think about taht :)

Thats why you have legs and thats where the awesome hardcore is! In such servers no one is doing tps at start and they may even sell soe to the shop, they all run. How do you imagine prof quests? :)   900adena is good

and if you do it 30 times + adena from mobs you have a brand new devotion set or somewhere near it as i remember the price. all perfect. Enjoy your beautiful day!

​Yes, i understood what you said but to me a level 10 quest rewarding with 900 adena is pretty good. I would walk back or use unstuck not teleport. I really love quests and to me x10 quest rate would be amazing but the game is a grindy, hardcore one and balanced and anything changed can turn that. For example the 21 level repeatable quest Grim Collector where you need to collect skeleton and zombie parts in Ruins. You don't have to return until you are finished so with x10 rates you ll grind 10 levels there and return with millions and there are many quests like it that you can do indefinite.

Well, I agree that the quests in classic suck even harder than those in the original game (that is something, you know?). Maybe if we could upscale them a bit, like killing 100 fungi for 9k adena, instead of 10/900, that might make them less useless without breaking the balance too much.

​Yes, i understood what you said but to me a level 10 quest rewarding with 900 adena is pretty good. I would walk back or use unstuck not teleport. I really love quests and to me x10 quest rate would be amazing but the game is a grindy, hardcore one and balanced and anything changed can turn that. For example the 21 level repeatable quest Grim Collector where you need to collect skeleton and zombie parts in Ruins. You don't have to return until you are finished so with x10 rates you ll grind 10 levels there and return with millions and there are many quests like it that you can do indefinite.

I have trayed this quest also, and for about 20 items (them i have colected in about 20 min) i have recived 84 adena, i havent had the time to far for full skeleton so i dont know what reward would have bin for it IF he would not be burned in creating him. In clasic change log is written that in 1 (one) week u can repeat 1 (one) quest only 50 times. So i dont think that anyone could hardly spam these quests so if you would receive 3k for 10 sacs 50 times i dont think that 150k is so big amount of adena ( which any way would be spend in starting wilages shops, not buying anything from players, that adena would not circulate in game economy) to ruin the world economy, just for faster geting No grade equipment.

Like Sett mentioned look at it in a bigger picture because well those are the rewards. You can't change that. I don't know how you spend your kinah but 150.000 is a huge amount for Classic. So getting that weapon or armor is a big deal.

A quest is considered complete upon delivering so if you keep grinding parts it is still one quest.

In my opinion that no grade mid weapon ( it costs about 150k) is not o big deal. Also, I ( only I, dont know about others) not going to kill mobs which are blue for me, and i'm shure that after about 10 times of doing that quest they will be blue acording to my lvl. So no more than 40k from one quest u will receive.

I'm starting to think that you dont know what you are talking about, because you just saying your opinion w/o any countings or facts.

You forget that you can make as many accs as you want and each acc can hold 6 elves... That means infinit supply of fungus quest and 23k from both weapons you get fromfrom lvl 10 and 12 quests. That means you get 30k un half an hour. So you can get full NG in a few hours...

That already happened un a x1 classic server that opened a week ago, almost 50% of the server ended up doing the fungus quest nonstop till they had money to get top NG. Completely destroying  the early game experiencia by exploiting an unbalanced race questing.

Alastor put it down on numbers for you. If you start this quest when the mobs are white and continue when they are green and stop till they turn light blue we are talking here many times over and over delivering the quest. Anyway, i can't convince you if it is worth doing if you made your mind. Move on to another but Classic and this project's rates are like this so...

This quest is balanced in the sense that most people will only have 1 account in the official server, thus creating a limit through a paying wall which is not worth the money. But here, the fact that you have inifinite accounts makes it easily exploitable for early game were adena is very scarce. In my opinion there should be a change in the fungus quest, either by reducing the reward to 200a or so, or lowering the rate of quest item drop or increasing the cuantity of needed quest items to 50 like the rest of races.. The mobs and the quest npc are much closer than in any other equivalent quest from other races, without taking into account that most of the other races need 50 quest items instead...

ATM I'm testing Dark Elven quests on beta with live rates x3... 
What can I say? You run a long way to the fungus each drops 30-54 adena - 10 monsters (min 300 max 540 adena) 10Q items - 600a reward. To be honest It SUCKS. 
Another quest "Scent Of Death" reward 1000 adena here. Must kill zombies (They die very hard and Quest drop rate is ~20%...) More adena you will spend on shots than you might get from the quest. And If you wont use shots you will might loose a lots of time in which instead you might kill bats with 2 shots and get xp / better adena...
Another quest in School of Dark Arts...  "Bones tell the Future" - Reward 1000 adena. (No teleport there , quest drop rate is very lame as well) wasting of time Not a quest...

1. Ofc collecting 100q items = 9k adena would be very nice , but It's not possible here. It might need scripting and stuff...
2. Each quest should be treated carefully because Some of them are good balanced , and some of them are so Useless that you just MUST IGNORE THOSE QUESTS.

My suggestion would be ... : 

Dark Elven quests : 

1.  Mass of Darkness (You must run to Dark Elf village talk with 3 NPC then head back to where you started)

Shot00038.png

As you can see reward is 100 adena (wow 2-3 imp elders) and you got them 1 Imp elder is killed with 2 shots wind strike without shots...

[It is One-time quest] couldn't It's reward be somewhat higher?  Like 600-800 adena? 

2.  "Deliver Supplies" (Here you talk with the Guard you run to village talk with NPC then get item back to starting npc then talk to other 2 NPC and get back for a reward) takes around 6-7 minutes to do quest. Reward... as you can see ^^  200 adena WOW.!!!
Shot00037.png

It could be raised a bit as well like 550-750 adena.

3. "Trade with Ivory tower" quest is a mystery to me. 
a) You must run far away to monsters hunting grounds
b) Reward is 1/3 lower than similar quest in Elven Village.
c) But there Fungus Near village and still faster to kill them and collect adena + better reward.

My solution would be :  Make it's reward 900 adena (not 600) and make Green Fungus spawn near Dark Elven Village where some Imps roaming around there`s a perfect space.  Shot00043.png

Just add  8-15 fungus + few goblin raiders.

4. Quest : "Keen Fangs" There you must collect 50 Wolf fangs to get random reward. I start quest when wolves are White , and I finishing it while they became light blue...
Its smt like 80%  1x q item per monster 20% 2x q items... Why not making slight change... 60%  3  fangs /  40% 4 fangs?

5. Quest : "Bones tell the future"  It's reward here 1000 adena.  But To get to the School Of Dark Arts takes a lot of time. And quest items are very hard to get by. This quest could make any ordinary guy into a madman... Quest drop rate is ~10% well it looks so. Because I killed 15 skeletons just to get 1/10 quest item...  
This quest would be perfect for party hunting , even with guys that already got 1-ist profession... But drop rate is awful and reward horrible.  If Reward would be like 4-5k adena and drop rate would be ~25-30% then It should be fine.

6. Quest : "Scent Of Death"  Just 5x quest items reward 1000 adena...  Killing zombies in the swamp... The funny part is that I must kill zombies endlessly for 15-40 minutes just to get all quest items. Sometimes you must sit and recover mana so the time prolongs ;)  I suggest Increasing q items drop rate to 35%  And reward to 1500 adena. At least more studs will do it.

7. Quest "Orc Subjugation"  Indefinite quest items each gives some adena... I think reward should scale as well with the aden drop. 
Don't forget in RU/KR adena drop on v1.0 was lower than x1... Here we got adena drop x3  but reward is x2 and quest becomes useless like. Check this out yourselves.
Shot00042.png

296 adena for 14 + 1 q items . 14(10x2)+(8x2) = 296 .  If adena for this quest rate x3... 14(10x3)+(8x3)=444 . A slight difference but looks fairer reward for killing ~15 orcs. While each drops 32-60 adena.

That` all about my suggestions at this moment. Some minor fixes , more accurate rewards based on game economy... Maybe I would be wrong but I really got smell for those things. BTW if school of dark arts quest (see #5) would be revamped at least in smaller levels people will gather in parties and do this quest more often than choose alternative mindlessly grinding...

p.s. quests like : "Vanquish remnants" I Suggest to make reward CAP 5k adena , same with "Hunt Of black Lion" Because this 1k is Hilarious for this server + It was made  to prevent bots of getting rich. But since we got custom anti-bot system... Something should be done. Thank you for your time I get back to testing ^^ Gonna share my findings.

ATM I'm testing Dark Elven quests on beta with live rates x3... 
What can I say? You run a long way to the fungus each drops 30-54 adena - 10 monsters (min 300 max 540 adena) 10Q items - 600a reward. To be honest It SUCKS. 
Another quest "Scent Of Death" reward 1000 adena here. Must kill zombies (They die very hard and Quest drop rate is ~20%...) More adena you will spend on shots than you might get from the quest. And If you wont use shots you will might loose a lots of time in which instead you might kill bats with 2 shots and get xp / better adena...
Another quest in School of Dark Arts...  "Bones tell the Future" - Reward 1000 adena. (No teleport there , quest drop rate is very lame as well) wasting of time Not a quest...

1. Ofc collecting 100q items = 9k adena would be very nice , but It's not possible here. It might need scripting and stuff...
2. Each quest should be treated carefully because Some of them are good balanced , and some of them are so Useless that you just MUST IGNORE THOSE QUESTS.

My suggestion would be ... : 

Dark Elven quests : 

1.  Mass of Darkness (You must run to Dark Elf village talk with 3 NPC then head back to where you started)

Shot00038.png

As you can see reward is 100 adena (wow 2-3 imp elders) and you got them 1 Imp elder is killed with 2 shots wind strike without shots...

[It is One-time quest] couldn't It's reward be somewhat higher?  Like 600-800 adena? 

2.  "Deliver Supplies" (Here you talk with the Guard you run to village talk with NPC then get item back to starting npc then talk to other 2 NPC and get back for a reward) takes around 6-7 minutes to do quest. Reward... as you can see ^^  200 adena WOW.!!!
Shot00037.png

It could be raised a bit as well like 550-750 adena.

3. "Trade with Ivory tower" quest is a mystery to me. 
a) You must run far away to monsters hunting grounds
b) Reward is 1/3 lower than similar quest in Elven Village.
c) But there Fungus Near village and still faster to kill them and collect adena + better reward.

My solution would be :  Make it's reward 900 adena (not 600) and make Green Fungus spawn near Dark Elven Village where some Imps roaming around there`s a perfect space.  Shot00043.png

Just add  8-15 fungus + few goblin raiders.

4. Quest : "Keen Fangs" There you must collect 50 Wolf fangs to get random reward. I start quest when wolves are White , and I finishing it while they became light blue...
Its smt like 80%  1x q item per monster 20% 2x q items... Why not making slight change... 60%  3  fangs /  40% 4 fangs?

5. Quest : "Bones tell the future"  It's reward here 1000 adena.  But To get to the School Of Dark Arts takes a lot of time. And quest items are very hard to get by. This quest could make any ordinary guy into a madman... Quest drop rate is ~10% well it looks so. Because I killed 15 skeletons just to get 1/10 quest item...  
This quest would be perfect for party hunting , even with guys that already got 1-ist profession... But drop rate is awful and reward horrible.  If Reward would be like 4-5k adena and drop rate would be ~25-30% then It should be fine.

6. Quest : "Scent Of Death"  Just 5x quest items reward 1000 adena...  Killing zombies in the swamp... The funny part is that I must kill zombies endlessly for 15-40 minutes just to get all quest items. Sometimes you must sit and recover mana so the time prolongs ;)  I suggest Increasing q items drop rate to 35%  And reward to 1500 adena. At least more studs will do it.

7. Quest "Orc Subjugation"  Indefinite quest items each gives some adena... I think reward should scale as well with the aden drop. 
Don't forget in RU/KR adena drop on v1.0 was lower than x1... Here we got adena drop x3  but reward is x2 and quest becomes useless like. Check this out yourselves.
Shot00042.png

296 adena for 14 + 1 q items . 14(10x2)+(8x2) = 296 .  If adena for this quest rate x3... 14(10x3)+(8x3)=444 . A slight difference but looks fairer reward for killing ~15 orcs. While each drops 32-60 adena.

That` all about my suggestions at this moment. Some minor fixes , more accurate rewards based on game economy... Maybe I would be wrong but I really got smell for those things. BTW if school of dark arts quest (see #5) would be revamped at least in smaller levels people will gather in parties and do this quest more often than choose alternative mindlessly grinding...

p.s. quests like : "Vanquish remnants" I Suggest to make reward CAP 5k adena , same with "Hunt Of black Lion" Because this 1k is Hilarious for this server + It was made  to prevent bots of getting rich. But since we got custom anti-bot system... Something should be done. Thank you for your time I get back to testing ^^ Gonna share my findings.

Reward in this server of trade with iwory tower is 900 l. I tested. Where are u testing?

So from what i understood is, you want it easier and you expect the staff to postpone the launch and manually redo all quests even though this is how official Classic is.

This wouldn't take much time... It's just obvious how inadequate this (ALL QUESTS x2 reward is). Im not suggesting to make something easy Im suggesting  something that people would start doing quests. With all this reward you will do low level quests? I doubt about it its easier to go with DE mage 2 shot bats collect xp/adena. And make yourself faster with both adena/xp without any party. Just by grinding bats and monsters like that. That's why this posts are here ;)  I understand classic should be like hard but for that is Innova. Go try it there... I already played. 10 lvl skeletons gives 3-10 adena.  and you might get a reward of 500 ADENA. You imagine that? 
 You can make like a roundabout with DE mystic. 
1. You kill fungus 300 adena then zombies 500 adena then school of dark arts skeletons 500 adena then spiders 1000 adena ~ 60-120 minutes (depends) and you got yourself 
2.3k adena. 

Here I just by killing monsters for 1 hour Get 11 level and ~4-5k adena... Just by killing them... 
I kill imp 2 shot 38 adena , I kill orc 3 shot i got 60 adena. I kill bat 2 shot I got 55 adena... See the difference? 10 bats >400 adena for sure. Why should I go do quest somewhere in other part of map to get 1000 adena for like 40 monsters? huh?

Because some monsters have high magic defense, other might be wind attack weak. Not all mobs are meant to be hunted by all classes and the downtime of the mage is compensated by the fast killing. Imagine all monsters would be undead. Everybody would make a Cleric.

Because some monsters have high magic defense, other might be wind attack weak. Not all mobs are meant to be hunted by all classes and the downtime of the mage is compensated by the fast killing. Imagine all monsters would be undead. Everybody would make a Cleric.

​I would never make cleric ^^

This wouldn't take much time... It's just obvious how inadequate this (ALL QUESTS x2 reward is). Im not suggesting to make something easy Im suggesting  something that people would start doing quests. With all this reward you will do low level quests? I doubt about it its easier to go with DE mage 2 shot bats collect xp/adena. And make yourself faster with both adena/xp without any party. Just by grinding bats and monsters like that. That's why this posts are here ;)  I understand classic should be like hard but for that is Innova. Go try it there... I already played. 10 lvl skeletons gives 3-10 adena.  and you might get a reward of 500 ADENA. You imagine that? 
 You can make like a roundabout with DE mystic. 
1. You kill fungus 300 adena then zombies 500 adena then school of dark arts skeletons 500 adena then spiders 1000 adena ~ 60-120 minutes (depends) and you got yourself 
2.3k adena. 

Here I just by killing monsters for 1 hour Get 11 level and ~4-5k adena... Just by killing them... 
I kill imp 2 shot 38 adena , I kill orc 3 shot i got 60 adena. I kill bat 2 shot I got 55 adena... See the difference? 10 bats >400 adena for sure. Why should I go do quest somewhere in other part of map to get 1000 adena for like 40 monsters? huh?

All custom quest editions is nonsense and they won't be changed if it's not a bug, you should now it by now :) This is why we are here waiting, because there are no custom editions of the files to make life better. 

I will do quests, not all of them perhaps, but some.

Depends on the online count. And don't live in the future, we don't know what tomorrow will bring :) 

Cheers brother!

In classic, there are exactly ten two quest available to each character that are worth doing, plus maybe mushrooms in elven village if you die a lot (return upon respawn). The rest is just retardedly useless, because you make more cash if you stay and farm, than if you waste time to turn them in.

Supposedly they were done this way to prevent bots running them. I don't really see how that was supposed to work. but it discourages players questing allrigh. What were the Koreans thinking?

Well at least ...
1.Green fungi could be not that far from DE village. Because it makes this quest really useless.
2. Vanquish remnants and some other q items = adena. Reward cap could be smt like 5000 adena or near to it... Because if I collect like 200q items and get 1-2k... In level 25-30+  WTF? Even useless to  bring q items to the npc ;)