Silverwing

Latin characters

Hi,

As I see, people are using both Cyrillic and western letters in game cliente

I don't know if its possible but would be a huge add if we people from Latin America could using accentuation, in other words letters like É Á À Ê Ã Ç Ü and so on (believe me when I say some times text get funny without accentuation for us)

Is it possible to enable this on client?

Yeah I wanna write Lithuanian in Trade/shout chat. Please enable Ą Č Ę Ė Į Š Ų Ū Ž . Don't forget Chinese their language should be available as well same as Indian and some from African Countries and Arabic language support should be installed as well :o

I'd be awesome if we could add those characters, they're used in many languages.

I don't really think it's possible, but it'd be cool if it was.

Russian players modified their files to write with Cyrillic alphabet (they have a good advantage - ruoff client files), our original patch supporting only Latin. Turning it off now doesn't make much sence because they will keep talking in russian, but using Latin so non-russian speakers won't understand it anyway.

We will implement other characters in the chat, but unfortunately now we are taking care of more important stuff. So chat for other languages will be added not at the start of the server.

Dont forget about our most iconic letter please. The Ñ ñ. We can't write a ton of words because of that and some can get easily confused like año (year) and ano (anus).

Listen, guys!

In the beginning I suggested to remove all non-english-language for better international in-game relations. I meant that if everybody will use in all-chat only his own language (except english ofcourse) - it will be bla-bla for everyine from another country, But in OBT we can see massive transliteration flud that is obscure for all.

So imo it would be good idea to fill in all (or most usable) simbols in chat at least. AND btw it could involve some players in this international server.

I don't agree. There are so many languages that use symbols and even though Administrators said they ll monitor only launch i feel it can get out of hand fast so i think it ll be bad as most English speaking countries won't understand anything. Those who wish to communicate in their own language can do so through whisper or clan chat.

expierence from client C2

by default it was english client, but russians added ru language support

effect was following: who do not used this russian patch - not seen any russian letter in chat :)

this is true solution

expierence from client C2

by default it was english client, but russians added ru language support

effect was following: who do not used this russian patch - not seen any russian letter in chat :)

this is true solution

​i'm not use, but see russian characters

sniffy, this is not client c2 (2004) but client l2classic (2015)

some extra actions from admins needed

in c2 russians needed to add russian font files, there those files are included

must replace to font files with english letter-characters only

Guys, replacing Cyrillic with latin would do no good, nor would banning them, nor any other obstruction. They will only adapt if it benefits them in the long run. The only thing you can really do is support what you consider good behaviour with your own actions.

Treat them politely if they at least try to communicate, ignore them if they flame or spam nonsense, pwn them if they act like dicks. They'll either learn that it benefits them to try, or they'll eventually quit. They'll adapt or they'll perish.*

But by acting the same, being the same dicks that theysometimes are, will only reassure them it's not worth the effort. Give them a chance, and only crush them into dirt when they personally give you a reason to.

That's my plan anyways ;)

*or, of course, they will overrun the server, but it's hard to compete with that :D

Guys lets keep it minimum,

GM already said that they want to implement this but not for now too much to do yet,

Besides we are a western server not a asiatic/african/mideast server

so just lether ABCD ÉÃÂÁ etc will do