Sign in to follow this  
TheRealTuna

Leveling Guide for Classic?

Hi everyone,

First and foremost, server is great so far! Nice to be taken back to the early days of L2 :)

I wanted to ask you guys if you had any ideas regarding efficient leveling from levels 1-40. I'm currently Lv24 Orc Shaman and am leveling slowly but surely, but am just kinda on my own and grinding on normal mobs.

Apart from joining an AoE party, are there any spots in particular that you guys have found to be effective in classic?

Thanks for the advice!

It is not recommended to level up without AOE party or without party at all. But if you insist, hunt only green mobs, evade red, yellow, blue at all cost. And to be honest you shouldnt level up on a green mob who (when you reach level up) will turn light blue. Depending of your play style with orc shaman - melee or poison and run, take dungeon or open hunting zone. Look for mobs who by hunting gives you quest items. One spot is Abandoned Camp but lots of players hunt there.

Well yeah.. I would like to know where i can exp tho. Archer 28 with D grade bow. I was at ac cus i can kill easly and fast, but seems like it doesnt worths anymore.

It is not recommended to level up without AOE party or without party at all. But if you insist, hunt only green mobs, evade red, yellow, blue at all cost. And to be honest you shouldnt level up on a green mob who (when you reach level up) will turn light blue. Depending of your play style with orc shaman - melee or poison and run, take dungeon or open hunting zone. Look for mobs who by hunting gives you quest items. One spot is Abandoned Camp but lots of players hunt there.

​Thanks for the reply!

Regarding mob colors, I am aware of that info. Right now I'm leveling on white mobs and it's going fine, but seems slower than it should be. I'm not really sure where else would even be an option though (going AC atm).

Think I will hunt those x2 orcs when I hit 25, unless I can get into an AoE party...otherwise doesn't really seem like there are too many options in classic for leveling :D

As a shaman you should always head for a Mage AoE group. With  24 head for a fortress of resistance group. With 26+ head for an Orc barracks group. Stay there till youre fit for Cruma. 

As a shaman you should always head for a Mage AoE group. With  24 head for a fortress of resistance group. With 26+ head for an Orc barracks group. Stay there till youre fit for Cruma. 

​The problem here is Orcs aren't any more fit for Cruma on lvl 39, than they are on lvl 20 ... or 1 (except acumen, but that's hardly enough to call them fit....). Even after 2nd cc, the debuffs will still only land reliably on Portas, but not Krators. Of course most people will neither know, nor notice, and 2 or 3 mages 35+ hardly need any help at all, so you can just tag along and leech.

​The problem here is Orcs aren't any more fit for Cruma on lvl 39, than they are on lvl 20 ... or 1 (except acumen, but that's hardly enough to call them fit....). Even after 2nd cc, the debuffs will still only land reliably on Portas, but not Krators. Of course most people will neither know, nor notice, and 2 or 3 mages 35+ hardly need any help at all, so you can just tag along and leech.

​is there any reliable way to exp rather than leech? :D

​is there any reliable way to exp rather than leech? :D

​AoE somewhere else, where monsters are the same level as was the level at which you acquired your last AoE skills. Ant nest maybe.

Any help on how to lvl with a Dark elf knight lv 20?

​Farm with sting, if you can't get AoE party, but you should be able to get it quite easily (aggression is necessary to pull trains of anything faster than a Porta).

As for location, until you get agro, NE of Gludio should work

Not everyone may be able to bring something to an aoe party, like archers at low lvl, or daggers.

As orc shaman you should try to get a party. Good luck my friend

I have to disagree with some of the comments here. AOE parties might be mandatory around level 30-35+ but I am level 32 right now, which I soloed and grouped with maybe one or two friends. It did not take me long to reach that level either (remember server xp rate is also higher than normal.) Soloing is a lot easier and faster than group xp if you can afford decent equipment and SS.

• Confused 1