Sign in to follow this  
haoleflip

Lots of Spam - is this normal on international gaming servers?

I am not just talking about the bots, because we get those in NA servers too, but when someone is selling something in town they post "WTB so and so" like 5-6 times in a row! Only 1 time is needed and then just wait a bit and say it again. It is a considerate and nice thing to do for other players who are trying to sell stuff/talk in chat.

Yes it is. Make a macro for that. And spam all the way!
But to be honest - yes, that is annoying. Although people want to sell their stuff faster and be seen. Chat got its restrictions though.

Usually when server is as huge as this one, they add some delay restriction to those chats, like 5 seconds or so... There are like 4k online here and no restrictions :/

​4k really? Is that accurate?

When I see people flooding chat (more than 2 lines) I whisper them and ask them to stop or be silenced for 1 hour.

It works so far, but I can't be in every city 24 hours a day, so have a lil patience :)

Mmm there was one adena seller (at least one) in talking island spamming  through whisp. Are adena sellers allowed? If not, next time if you wish i may upload a screenshot so you may take action :)