Sign in to follow this  
Rizos

Newbie friendly suggestions for future update

Recommended Posts

On last update people focused on updating skill lvls on 82, new zone 82 etc etc. I had a little bit of brain storming with my team one eveing about why eu ppl dont join this server. Here are our ideas.

Premium - Similar system like 1st post on forum from new account. If new guy comes to server, he should contact admin (make big ad on main page about it or during account registration some special button). Admin can shortly verify if its new person joining server via chat/checking things from technical perspective and grant 1-3 months premium to his new 1-3 accounts or grant new kind of premium account on his main account that lets you log 2-3 additional chars w/o premium. The guy would be able to check out server w/o paying for premium. If it works maybe you could even extend this option and grant to his main acc some 1 month time limited items, like b weapon +10 armor +6 aq3 orfen 3 w/e.

Drastically increase event rewards - mostly by time limited items. We all know how tiger event influenced on server. To make sure server economy doesnt get fkd by changes, add mostly TIME LIMITED rewards. But The rewards must be worth the efford! There are many options of items you could add. Baium talismans, fi6, B grade sets +8 a grade sets +6-8, B/A weapons +16 with chosen rune like 2h blunt with othel or mage weapon with cast speed. Add epics lvl 3 time limited. AQ3 core 3 orfen 3 baium 3, these are pve/pvp epics you could skip antharas/zaken if some ppl complain about influence on olympiad but in my opinion why not to let new ppl join oly with fair gear? Are old folks who already gathered gear afraid of newbies in time limited gear? I think most of ppl agree its more fair for every1. Make these time limited rewards last for 15-30 days and be pretty common. Ppl could farm 1st 3-4 days of event and collect few epics/items from opening like 30 chest rewards already - lets say 10% chance. You could even add this new anakim/lilith to these time limited items so ppl can test it out. You could consider adding real epics lvl 1 with lower chance as an option for new clans that have no chance to farm epics, to have a chance to farm it different way less efficient way.

Prepare suitable zone with good exp/drop for new ppl. We have it already! The zone with very good adena and exp which is not suitable for 80+ yea right! Its devil isle. The zone needs just very little tweaks. Make mobs not being able to be pulled too far, maybe decrease p atk a bit or consider removing social agro from them. I think after eliminating "pulling train" problem there, its perfect zone for new ppl. Also you could increase gem a drop in new aoe zone so high lvl ppl feel no need to log boxes and abuse this low lvl zone farm.

Remove drops from RBs or add time limited items instead of real ones so it makes sense for newbies to collect these items but makes no sense for old players cos items cant be sold for adena .Also remove death knights or atleast remove it up to 65 lvl rbs. If its done, you dont even need to bring back old map without rp respawn delay, bosses would probably be more available on map - the bosses up to 65 lvl atleast

Consider adding more "full buff" consumables for newbies - preferably time limited so old folks dont create new accounts to abuse it

Add this S grades already, make enchant rates very low so even top farmers run with +4-6 max. Items itself have huge stats, +0 is like +16 b grade, new folks could jump into s grade farm straight and dont care about star wars items of old players

Make more newbie friendly farm mechanics instead of farmer friendly mechanics - i mean things like knoriks in loa. Similar system should work in gc/di/fi/new aoe zone. Lets say you farm DI, when you kill mobs there is chance to spawn midnight nightmare, when you farm gc, there is chance batur(boost drops ffs, havent heard any1 dropped anything from that sh1t so far) spawn, when u farm fi there is chance trex spawn, for new aoe zone you can add some new mini boss

Looking for more ideas from community! cheers!

 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

100% agree. Entry into the server is steep. Here are some of my thoughts on other variations of what you said @Rizos so admins could determine which process is easier.

1) make daily Strix quest give some number of buff scrolls (2 hrs of total time or more?) that only last 1 week or 3 days (allow not everyday farming but encourages constant logging in), but the buff scrolls are better than beer even. Make them include full buff and disco at that level (or just full) that way there is no need for PA and trying to manage that for new players. Make buff scroll stop at 75+ daily so top level players do not get and is time based scroll so expires and cant stock up at lvl 70 and rush to lvl 80 with no box.

2) Increase level for free armor again. Had moon quest, have C grade now. Don't stop as Rizos said, but maybe easier is give Top A time limited gear. Top A is at least good +++ of B gear but has draw back of not having amazing +6 and +8 set bonus. Time limted +6 or +8 sets sound hard to code too :) .

(Event): Exactly as he said. The balance of the event items can be done in the time. Make the duration the balance, so if event is 2 weeks, jewels only last 1 week so there are weeks in a month that wont have full free epics in oly. Gives people that have them real advantage still, gives new players boost and chance to fight on some weeks. 

(DI zone) also agree. Took a good amount of the money motivation of DI out now, maybe tune gem A towards higher areas and increase exp in DI so it is entry into GC??? Leave gem A to drop there, but maybe reduce chance in DI, add to FI, and increase heine. Gives new players chance to get money with Gem A and B weapon keys but gives solid exp location like LoA used to be. Needs some thinking on how to tune, but it is an area that is there. Could maybe even increase exp x2 or something and make monster level much lower so it is no use to existing players to get exp there.

(new player exp) L2 is best played in group, but unless you are bringing full CP it is hard for new player to keep getting decent exp above lvl 75/76. Most CPs are not open for all roles and pretty much want Bd/SwS bc they are boring class and hard to keep people playing them. So it is fairly important to allow new players to keep getting decent exp until they are minorly relevant and/or find a CP to play with. But right now it is quite a hard to stop of exp and requires finding a CP very soon after hitting lvl 76 which is low lvl for most CP. Lastly, driving is always a thing so can say just play char inside CP, but we play MMO's partially bc we like OUR characters. So there is more importance on lvling their own character. So maybe even SV needs exp boost to help players keep grinding exp at ok pace.

(new player gear) The difference between entry players and top players is probably 1000+ hrs of time in game. That is fine and hardcore players should have advantage, but advantage is nuclear bomb vs pellet gun. Top A "can" fill that hole slightly, but if time limited gear is introduced there is still Mount Everest in front of you to get real +10++ B grade weapon and +6/+8 armor. Another major problem with A grade now, is 75 DKs specifically. A grade could have been tuned like Rizos said to have low enchant drop rate and easier base weapon farming so there was way for players to get real Top A weapon; however, 75 DKs drop enchants and improved enchants at rates that top players would abuse if A grade was made easier to craft/drop.

(S grade) It sounds like from patch that this will be last A grade patch which makes it sound like S or S80 is around the corner. Great!!!!!!!. Echoing Rizos make it so base weapons are easier and enchants require farming. Gives newer players way to be 50-60% as powerful as top players without being irrelevant forever. The bigger topic of next gear set and if possible should be implemented sooner for A grade too; OVERENCHANT BONUSES!!!!.  Even if S grade armor comes out, there is almost no reason to move into S armor rather than stay in +10/+8 sets for top players. The set bonuses on A and maybe S armor needs to be edited to have some of overenchant bonus and/or edited to be good for the classes that use the armor set.

 

Admins,

We know you don't have infinite time and resources to do these things. So I think this is where communication from you towards the community needs to be increased. You have a large number of players that play this game regularly and in large quantities of hours. Make a list of things that players can help with: coming up with ideas, replicating bugs on test server, coding for those that know how. Make it similar to bot report and/or quest logging done recently, if you help admins with work you get a bonus. This is also good for newbies because they can get some of these rewards that full CPs might think will take away from group play. But, the players need information on what they can do to make the server better instead of just waiting around for new content from you.

 

Finally,

We all know this server needs money and PA system alone is decent source; but if some of these changes are going to be introduced it will reduce the income of the server for people buying CoL to sell for adena to buy gear. Ok, so lets unbox this. If new players wont pay for PA until deep into game, and wont donate large amounts to get gear to be relevant you will lose money. But if a lot of people join the server is good for the server too. So maybe think of new way to do the auction on website and/or make new gear only tradeable on auction and require "Auction Tokens". Auction tokens can be bought with Euro and for existing players they can use in-game adena to buy auction tokens (maybe at worse rate than euro? to encourage money to server?????) This gets very hard to make a specific set of items only tradeable on auction, but obviously you still need to make money and is better to "tax" all players a little money then to require 1 new player drop 1000's of euro's to join server and keep afloat. Old MMO's had monthly subscriptions, we have PA. You need the constant money, but it needs to change that all players contribute small amount vs new players drop 1000 euro and top players just buy all COL and never pay for life. Community please roast this section and come up with better ideas, but this server is living off the back of new players that I guess we assume are born in Dubai and have whole country's worth of money. We need something to split burden of server cost, reward players that farm a lot, but not require new players to pay for server.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I like Rizos idea. with time limited things on epics from events, from events etc.

S grade. I think it is to early to make S grade yet? Seems like people dont even have A grade +6, like most of people, and [A] grade weapons +10. Just my humble opinion, it is to early, with new update, it is easier to get gemstone A which was main problem to craft A grade weapons, soon people will OE [A] grade weapons, which is cool.

RB's. Fck  those rb farmers. IT is hard to balance that, from other side as u said Rizos, making limited time items will stop farmers to farm, but from other side, new people want to kill RB not just for exp but items as well, it is free 1kk-20kk  depends on rb lvl and drop.

What I would change instead of limited time on items is, if u get item, u can sell that item ONLY to your party member who was with you when you killed boss. And then BIND that item to you  and your account. So it wont be useless entirely. 

What do I mean, it is like in WoW. For example. Boss dropped SLS, you picked, but u dont need it for example. YOu have 2h to sell that SLS to your party member. Your party member buys SLS from you. He is SK, he uses that SLS for farm, etc. He cant sell that item to anyone outside party, 2h ends and he cant even sell to his party member. He cant make crystalls out of it. But at lvl 52 he can use B grade weapoin, so basically SLS becomes useless. So what do I suggest is, at least make that SLS bind to account. You can send that SLS to your Alt, or something, like only from same IP to same IP.  Bind to account item. I think it will be a lil better than just limited 50h. But idk, just an idea. Maybe it is hard to make or even impossible.

p.s. Fck u rb farmers.

Edited by Donkihot

Share this post


Link to post

1 thing you forgot to mention, for love of god, please, never introduce blessed and improved and giant and destruction and whatever enchant scroll for new grade, this RNG sh1t with "oh, let me put 3-4 improved enchant weapons on gun and randomly make +10-12 weapon" is such a crap honestly

7 hours ago, Donkihot said:

S grade. I think it is to early to make S grade yet? Seems like people dont even have A grade +6, like most of people, and [A] grade weapons +10. Just my humble opinion, it is to early, with new update, it is easier to get gemstone A which was main problem to craft A grade weapons, soon people will OE [A] grade weapons, which is cool.

chance to make fighter weapon +10 "normal way" is 5%, chance to make mage weapon +10 "normal way" is 0.7%, chances to make sets +6/7/8 are even less probably (lazy to google enchants for armors), thinking that this kind of overenchant should be normal is crazy in my opinion, thats why rizos idea to abolish all this star wars with new grade which is hard to enchant appeared. sure, you play a lot? you can make like +5/6 S grade weapon, you are newbie? you craft your S grade, make it +3, if you are ballzy and want "shiny" weapon, you go for some risky +4, nobody needs to see red/deep blue/purple weapons everywhere, these shiny armors comming from ppl proccing ez improved enchants in a row - sure, make it possible, but not easy to make by any means

10 hours ago, Zeperios said:

1) make daily Strix quest give some number of buff scrolls (2 hrs of total time or more?) that only last 1 week or 3 days (allow not everyday farming but encourages constant logging in), but the buff scrolls are better than beer even. Make them include full buff and disco at that level (or just full) that way there is no need for PA and trying to manage that for new players. Make buff scroll stop at 75+ daily so top level players do not get and is time based scroll so expires and cant stock up at lvl 70 and rush to lvl 80 with no box.

this could work if admins upped levels of all epic bosses to 80 lvl, so there is actual fight for it with your mains (lets face it, everyone hates this lowbie fiesta, it serves no purpose anymore as even if weaker clan appeared, it cannot really ninja epics), because if implemented right now, i can just imagine ppl being forced to farm these scrolls daily on their epic chars to have big advantage in case of death

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Zeperios said:

100% agree. Entry into the server is steep. Here are some of my thoughts on other variations of what you said @Rizos so admins could determine which process is easier.

1) make daily Strix quest give some number of buff scrolls (2 hrs of total time or more?) that only last 1 week or 3 days (allow not everyday farming but encourages constant logging in), but the buff scrolls are better than beer even. Make them include full buff and disco at that level (or just full) that way there is no need for PA and trying to manage that for new players. Make buff scroll stop at 75+ daily so top level players do not get and is time based scroll so expires and cant stock up at lvl 70 and rush to lvl 80 with no box.

2) Increase level for free armor again. Had moon quest, have C grade now. Don't stop as Rizos said, but maybe easier is give Top A time limited gear. Top A is at least good +++ of B gear but has draw back of not having amazing +6 and +8 set bonus. Time limted +6 or +8 sets sound hard to code too  .

(Event): Exactly as he said. The balance of the event items can be done in the time. Make the duration the balance, so if event is 2 weeks, jewels only last 1 week so there are weeks in a month that wont have full free epics in oly. Gives people that have them real advantage still, gives new players boost and chance to fight on some weeks. 

(DI zone) also agree. Took a good amount of the money motivation of DI out now, maybe tune gem A towards higher areas and increase exp in DI so it is entry into GC??? Leave gem A to drop there, but maybe reduce chance in DI, add to FI, and increase heine. Gives new players chance to get money with Gem A and B weapon keys but gives solid exp location like LoA used to be. Needs some thinking on how to tune, but it is an area that is there. Could maybe even increase exp x2 or something and make monster level much lower so it is no use to existing players to get exp there.

(new player exp) L2 is best played in group, but unless you are bringing full CP it is hard for new player to keep getting decent exp above lvl 75/76. Most CPs are not open for all roles and pretty much want Bd/SwS bc they are boring class and hard to keep people playing them. So it is fairly important to allow new players to keep getting decent exp until they are minorly relevant and/or find a CP to play with. But right now it is quite a hard to stop of exp and requires finding a CP very soon after hitting lvl 76 which is low lvl for most CP. Lastly, driving is always a thing so can say just play char inside CP, but we play MMO's partially bc we like OUR characters. So there is more importance on lvling their own character. So maybe even SV needs exp boost to help players keep grinding exp at ok pace.

(new player gear) The difference between entry players and top players is probably 1000+ hrs of time in game. That is fine and hardcore players should have advantage, but advantage is nuclear bomb vs pellet gun. Top A "can" fill that hole slightly, but if time limited gear is introduced there is still Mount Everest in front of you to get real +10++ B grade weapon and +6/+8 armor. Another major problem with A grade now, is 75 DKs specifically. A grade could have been tuned like Rizos said to have low enchant drop rate and easier base weapon farming so there was way for players to get real Top A weapon; however, 75 DKs drop enchants and improved enchants at rates that top players would abuse if A grade was made easier to craft/drop.

(S grade) It sounds like from patch that this will be last A grade patch which makes it sound like S or S80 is around the corner. Great!!!!!!!. Echoing Rizos make it so base weapons are easier and enchants require farming. Gives newer players way to be 50-60% as powerful as top players without being irrelevant forever. The bigger topic of next gear set and if possible should be implemented sooner for A grade too; OVERENCHANT BONUSES!!!!.  Even if S grade armor comes out, there is almost no reason to move into S armor rather than stay in +10/+8 sets for top players. The set bonuses on A and maybe S armor needs to be edited to have some of overenchant bonus and/or edited to be good for the classes that use the armor set.

 

Admins,

We know you don't have infinite time and resources to do these things. So I think this is where communication from you towards the community needs to be increased. You have a large number of players that play this game regularly and in large quantities of hours. Make a list of things that players can help with: coming up with ideas, replicating bugs on test server, coding for those that know how. Make it similar to bot report and/or quest logging done recently, if you help admins with work you get a bonus. This is also good for newbies because they can get some of these rewards that full CPs might think will take away from group play. But, the players need information on what they can do to make the server better instead of just waiting around for new content from you.

 

Finally,

We all know this server needs money and PA system alone is decent source; but if some of these changes are going to be introduced it will reduce the income of the server for people buying CoL to sell for adena to buy gear. Ok, so lets unbox this. If new players wont pay for PA until deep into game, and wont donate large amounts to get gear to be relevant you will lose money. But if a lot of people join the server is good for the server too. So maybe think of new way to do the auction on website and/or make new gear only tradeable on auction and require "Auction Tokens". Auction tokens can be bought with Euro and for existing players they can use in-game adena to buy auction tokens (maybe at worse rate than euro? to encourage money to server?????) This gets very hard to make a specific set of items only tradeable on auction, but obviously you still need to make money and is better to "tax" all players a little money then to require 1 new player drop 1000's of euro's to join server and keep afloat. Old MMO's had monthly subscriptions, we have PA. You need the constant money, but it needs to change that all players contribute small amount vs new players drop 1000 euro and top players just buy all COL and never pay for life. Community please roast this section and come up with better ideas, but this server is living off the back of new players that I guess we assume are born in Dubai and have whole country's worth of money. We need something to split burden of server cost, reward players that farm a lot, but not require new players to pay for server.

I really like the idea of letting people in with helping. I feel that some of the player base would help if they could. 

Edited by Yaeogk
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

For the donation side .

There's a my suggestion how to get rid of rmt players .

We have auction in which one we can sell the items for real money ,which we can use for it .

1. Change the prices make it lower(with lower price ppl will prefer to lose 10% more than buy from some rmt ) that's win=win

players get items -server get 💰💰

Make  the amount in Euro it maybe possible to withdraw from the auction?( Of course with some fees like 15%?) 

 

I know it will make easy way to get ++++ weapons armors etc for people with good amount of euro but still is better to hold it in server than lose it because of some rmt players .

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this