Sign in to follow this  
Solidus

L2 UI scaling and 27" Monitor

Hi all.

I could use your help please in regards to choosing a 27" Monitor for L2.

Should I go for

• 2k/1440p 2550x1440? 
  • or HD/1080p 1920x1080?

I'm afraid that if I go for 2k then the UI of the game (which unfortunately cannot change AFAIK - please let me know if there's any adjustment we can make) will be really small (like chat, even if you enlarge it or inventory, bars etc.) & since I'm 31, this is an issue for my damaged body.

What monitor do you use?

Thanks all 

Hello. There are setting somewhere. I spend some time, but couldn't find it for now. I had 2 system folders in 1 client and one of them was scaling 150% or 200% ( UI also was big ). But at some point I had to fully delete my test server system folder and it stopped scaling. Unfortunatly I don't have time right now to find this setting. Also clue I have: when I was chenging test server system folder name - scailing was disappearing.

Also this setting in Option.ini lead to non existing folder:
[UIEditor]
SysPath=f:\lineage 2 classic antharas\Interface_testmain\Default\

Google didn't helped?

I don't think L2 files can be adjusted just for the UI icons... 
If though this could happen it would be the greatest gift..

Still I can't decide which resolution to opt for :( Guess I'll stay with my 23" 1080p

10 hours ago, Solidus said:

Hi all.

I could use your help please in regards to choosing a 27" Monitor for L2.

Should I go for

• 2k/1440p 2550x1440? 
  • or HD/1080p 1920x1080?

I'm afraid that if I go for 2k then the UI of the game (which unfortunately cannot change AFAIK - please let me know if there's any adjustment we can make) will be really small (like chat, even if you enlarge it or inventory, bars etc.) & since I'm 31, this is an issue for my damaged body.

What monitor do you use?

Thanks all 

Choosing monitor for la2? 

Choose monitor for games and it's obvious 2k monitor, ofc if your gpu is powerful enough. Yes, UI is smaller in higher resolution, nonetheless you will get used to it

27 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Choosing monitor for la2? 

Choose monitor for games and it's obvious 2k monitor, ofc if your gpu is powerful enough. Yes, UI is smaller in higher resolution, nonetheless you will get used to it

thanks... yeah most of the things are a matter of getting used to them but then again what if I can't see **** of the chat for example :D 
Anyway, thanks!