Rizos

Light armor sets modifications - sum up of ideas + pol

Light armor mastery modifications  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to buff light armor sets for light armor mastery classes by making custom changes such as:

• Changing current classic hit evasion formula and mobs accuracy values to interlude ones
    • Adding 3 speed into light armor mastery
    • Adding 5 speed into light armor mastery
    • Adding penalty to skill evasion rate on Ultimate Evasion while using heavy armor sets and shields, but keeping light set values original
    • Increasing Ultimate Evasion physical skill evasion rate while using light armor sets but keeping heavy armor values original
    • Dont change anything at all
    • I have better idea (describe it in post below)

Hello,

SInce i see more people interested in light mastery and evasion topics, I will try to sum up the best ideas and bring more of my ideas also.

Short version:

Make light armor sets competetive and make game look like old good l2 (its your target since you didnt implement transformations), get rid of benefits of using heavy sets on light armor mastery classes so we dont look like high rate java server. I think many people will agree with me at this point but keep such option for people who still benefit from it on some situations. Furthermore future 2.0 update is not going to bring any change in this topic, so maybe its worth to change it by ourselves sooner or later.

1. Add +5( or +3 if +5 is too high) speed bonus in light armor mastery in EVERY class. Its crucial to keep it under 7 so we dont destroy unique +7 speed set bonuses, but we make people benefit from light armors and dont change any pvp balance almost at all. Speed bonus encourages ppl the most for set choices, you can see it on bw heavy/mithril/doom robe sets

2. Change Ultimate Evasion skill evasion bonus that it gives full bonus in light set ( lvl 1 20% skill evasion rate, lvl 2 40% skill evasion rate, if it works like this keep it, if not adjust it to 20/40% respectively). Implement penalty for heavy armor while using UE -> -10% skill evasion rate (lvl1 ue 10%, lvl 2 ue 30% total evasion rate on character) and do same for shield but make it -8%

3. Change evasion formula and mobs accuracy values into interlude chronicle ones, This would greatly increase light armors value on pve and wouldnt affect pvp that much, but would actually give some benefits to people who decide to use light armors on pvp.

==========================================================

Long version:

I have realised that lineage II developers used big shortcut to make l2 classic. They basically modified god client by deleting some items and locations, plus changing mons on some of old locations. It didnt require much work from them. Here us my quess: the problem is they forgot to change some things that are ruining olds game balance. GOD chatacters had stats (str/dex/wit etc) doubled. So for elf had 72 str 70 dex etc if i recall correct. Because of this change plus the fact that character stats ( p def evasion accuracy etc) were growing 2x faster pass 70 lvl, developers had to increase mobs accuracy and change evasion formula. So basically they nerfed normal attack evasion chance formula by 50% (because almost every player is 70+ on god) and they increased mobs accuracy so they can be competetive against characters with high evasion and high dex values. Same thing happened to debufs. Every1 had 70+con so they had to increase landrate of stun for example so it can land on 70+ con characters. They also added possibility to make +15 dyes into 1 basic stat because it wasnt so OP when u changed ur str from 80 to 95. But here apears the problem. They changed GOD client into classic and didnt change many of these things back. So now we have +12/-15 dyes (well they didnt add SAs, made some adjustments, so its pretty balanced now so its ok i guess, it just fcks up elf and dark elf compared to humans), we also have problems with 50% nerfed evasion formula, and mobs with high evasion that can hit light armored daggers/archers on UE with 90% chance, plus we have debufs that dont depend on con/men stats, and magic evasion taht doesnt work cos ppl have 20 wit not 40+ like on GoD. All these problems plus teh fact that skills are pretty strong on classic compared to normal attacks, led us to situation we have now. You cant pve in light set because u dont evade any monster hits and its not effective, also on pvp you dont use light armor because it has a bit lower p def vs skills, SO basicaly you can just keep pl set and maybe bw light set for summoners plus drake set for some fanbois and delete all other light items, since they have no use in l2 and ppl can just crystalize them or sell in grocery. I think its always better to have variety in game, and that people can use items designed for them with benefits, right now daggers/archers are penalized for using light armors. These are not our server problems, but classic chronicles problem in general, but i think nobody likes them(except new dye system) and these are most likely bugs of official server, not intended changes and they dont fit to classic server conception. Mayeb we could do something to customize it on our server as we did with other things we didnt like from official servers?

Here are my suggestions. As you care about the server and want to keep it "classic style", as you already proved by not implementing transformations, i have discussed different options and tried to point the ones that wont affect pvp balance but will attract people to use light armors. The most important factors were to make light armros viable option again and not to change pvp balance of the classes, so changes cant be drastic. I had suggestions of adding skill evasion pasives in light armor mastery etc before, but this is too big big change in class  balance i think. I have 1 question to San0 tho. /Summon Sano . Is it possible trom technical point of view, to modify ultimate evasion skill that it recognizes what type of armor you are using and put heavy armor penalty into physical skill evasion bonus? Or is it possible to change autoatatck evasion chance formula, or mobs accuracy? Here are the change suggestions

1. Add +5( or +3 if +5 is too high) speed bonus in light armor mastery in EVERY class. Its crucial to keep it under 7 so we dont destroy unique +7 speed set bonuses, but we make people benefit from light armors and dont change any pvp balance almost at all. Speed bonus encourages ppl the most for set choices, you can see it on bw heavy/mithril/doom robe sets, and it would work also on prophets/glads/warords/destros etc if they wished to use light set as they have light armor pasive also. This sounds logic that lightly armored characters would be faster than hevily armored, doesnt it? On otehr servers tehre are hats, custom selfbufs that increase speed weight limit etc, and ppl dont complain. Actually i think custom buff taht increases weight limit influences game and armor set choice much more than 3 or 5 speed.

2. Change Ultimate Evasion skill evasion bonus that it gives full bonus in light set ( lvl 1 20% skill evasion rate, lvl 2 40% skill evasion rate, if it works like this keep it, if not adjust it to 20/40% respectively). Implement penalty for heavy armor while using UE -> -10% skill evasion rate (character with lvl1 ue + heavy set would have 10% chance to avoid physical skills, lvl 2 ue 30%) and do same for shield but make it -8%( so for example treasure hunter with ue lvl 2 doom hvy set + shield would have 22% chance to evade skills), eventually we can even keep bonus for heavy armors and shield original but boost UE while usning light set to like 25% on lvl 1 and 50% on lvl 2. But i think 1st option is better.

3. This may be technically problematic and time consuming thing -> Change evasion formula and mobs accuracy values into interlude chronicle ones, This would greatly increase light armors value on pve and wouldnt affect pvp that much, but would actually give some benefits to people who decide to use light armors on pvp.

You can add your suggesiont, maybe you have a good idea that doesnt change game balance much and is easy to implement

Also looking for admisn opinion, since they didnt answer in any evasion/light armor suggestions on forum yet, plus looking for feedback from sano and guys if it spossible to make such changes easily.

/discuss

• Like 2

Hello,

SInce i see more people interested in light mastery and evasion topics, I will try to sum up the best ideas and bring more of my ideas also.

Short version:

Make light armor sets competetive and make game look like old good l2 (its your target since you didnt implement transformations), get rid of benefits of using heavy sets on light armor mastery classes so we dont look like high rate java server. I think many people will agree with me at this point but keep such option for people who still benefit from it on some situations. Furthermore future 2.0 update is not going to bring any change in this topic, so maybe its worth to change it by ourselves sooner or later.

1. Add +5( or +3 if +5 is too high) speed bonus in light armor mastery in EVERY class. Its crucial to keep it under 7 so we dont destroy unique +7 speed set bonuses, but we make people benefit from light armors and dont change any pvp balance almost at all. Speed bonus encourages ppl the most for set choices, you can see it on bw heavy/mithril/doom robe sets

2. Change Ultimate Evasion skill evasion bonus that it gives full bonus in light set ( lvl 1 20% skill evasion rate, lvl 2 40% skill evasion rate, if it works like this keep it, if not adjust it to 20/40% respectively). Implement penalty for heavy armor while using UE -> -10% skill evasion rate (lvl1 ue 10%, lvl 2 ue 30% total evasion rate on character) and do same for shield but make it -8%

3. Change evasion formula and mobs accuracy values into interlude chronicle ones, This would greatly increase light armors value on pve and wouldnt affect pvp that much, but would actually give some benefits to people who decide to use light armors on pvp.

==========================================================

Long version:

I have realised that lineage II developers used big shortcut to make l2 classic. They basically modified god client by deleting some items and locations, plus changing mons on some of old locations. It didnt require much work from them. Here us my quess: the problem is they forgot to change some things that are ruining olds game balance. GOD chatacters had stats (str/dex/wit etc) doubled. So for elf had 72 str 70 dex etc if i recall correct. Because of this change plus the fact that character stats ( p def evasion accuracy etc) were growing 2x faster pass 70 lvl, developers had to increase mobs accuracy and change evasion formula. So basically they nerfed normal attack evasion chance formula by 50% (because almost every player is 70+ on god) and they increased mobs accuracy so they can be competetive against characters with high evasion and high dex values. Same thing happened to debufs. Every1 had 70+con so they had to increase landrate of stun for example so it can land on 70+ con characters. They also added possibility to make +15 dyes into 1 basic stat because it wasnt so OP when u changed ur str from 80 to 95. But here apears the problem. They changed GOD client into classic and didnt change many of these things back. So now we have +12/-15 dyes (well they didnt add SAs, made some adjustments, so its pretty balanced now so its ok i guess, it just fcks up elf and dark elf compared to humans), we also have problems with 50% nerfed evasion formula, and mobs with high evasion that can hit light armored daggers/archers on UE with 90% chance, plus we have debufs that dont depend on con/men stats, and magic evasion taht doesnt work cos ppl have 20 wit not 40+ like on GoD. All these problems plus teh fact that skills are pretty strong on classic compared to normal attacks, led us to situation we have now. You cant pve in light set because u dont evade any monster hits and its not effective, also on pvp you dont use light armor because it has a bit lower p def vs skills, SO basicaly you can just keep pl set and maybe bw light set for summoners plus drake set for some fanbois and delete all other light items, since they have no use in l2 and ppl can just crystalize them or sell in grocery. I think its always better to have variety in game, and that people can use items designed for them with benefits, right now daggers/archers are penalized for using light armors. These are not our server problems, but classic chronicles problem in general, but i think nobody likes them(except new dye system) and these are most likely bugs of official server, not intended changes and they dont fit to classic server conception. Mayeb we could do something to customize it on our server as we did with other things we didnt like from official servers?

Here are my suggestions. As you care about the server and want to keep it "classic style", as you already proved by not implementing transformations, i have discussed different options and tried to point the ones that wont affect pvp balance but will attract people to use light armors. The most important factors were to make light armros viable option again and not to change pvp balance of the classes, so changes cant be drastic. I had suggestions of adding skill evasion pasives in light armor mastery etc before, but this is too big big change in class  balance i think. I have 1 question to San0 tho. /Summon Sano . Is it possible trom technical point of view, to modify ultimate evasion skill that it recognizes what type of armor you are using and put heavy armor penalty into physical skill evasion bonus? Or is it possible to change autoatatck evasion chance formula, or mobs accuracy? Here are the change suggestions

1. Add +5( or +3 if +5 is too high) speed bonus in light armor mastery in EVERY class. Its crucial to keep it under 7 so we dont destroy unique +7 speed set bonuses, but we make people benefit from light armors and dont change any pvp balance almost at all. Speed bonus encourages ppl the most for set choices, you can see it on bw heavy/mithril/doom robe sets, and it would work also on prophets/glads/warords/destros etc if they wished to use light set as they have light armor pasive also. This sounds logic that lightly armored characters would be faster than hevily armored, doesnt it? On otehr servers tehre are hats, custom selfbufs that increase speed weight limit etc, and ppl dont complain. Actually i think custom buff taht increases weight limit influences game and armor set choice much more than 3 or 5 speed.

2. Change Ultimate Evasion skill evasion bonus that it gives full bonus in light set ( lvl 1 20% skill evasion rate, lvl 2 40% skill evasion rate, if it works like this keep it, if not adjust it to 20/40% respectively). Implement penalty for heavy armor while using UE -> -10% skill evasion rate (character with lvl1 ue + heavy set would have 10% chance to avoid physical skills, lvl 2 ue 30%) and do same for shield but make it -8%( so for example treasure hunter with ue lvl 2 doom hvy set + shield would have 22% chance to evade skills), eventually we can even keep bonus for heavy armors and shield original but boost UE while usning light set to like 25% on lvl 1 and 50% on lvl 2. But i think 1st option is better.

3. This may be technically problematic and time consuming thing -> Change evasion formula and mobs accuracy values into interlude chronicle ones, This would greatly increase light armors value on pve and wouldnt affect pvp that much, but would actually give some benefits to people who decide to use light armors on pvp.

You can add your suggesiont, maybe you have a good idea that doesnt change game balance much and is easy to implement

Also looking for admisn opinion, since they didnt answer in any evasion/light armor suggestions on forum yet, plus looking for feedback from sano and guys if it spossible to make such changes easily.

/discuss

​If they add A grade, would go Heavy or light on light user?

In any grade, light armor users can not rely on evasion anymore because is low. But even if it was high, in Classic, your enemies always use skills because skills have been increased a lot in power (and can do criticals!). So evasion is pointless for PvP. It is just not well adapted in the context of classic. Then an adaptation is required. It can not be ignored anymore.

Well the stuff I really hate is Heavy armor Natural ability - Lower crit damage.
I mean if you wear D gr heavy armor set and top C gr light set with higher p.def. you still will receive much less critical dmg regardless of Heavy armor mastery. 
Evasion for light armor sucks a bit... That's a critical  combat mechanics made by NCSOFT. Why? Think Logic. You hit someone you might miss or your target might evade your hit , but if you punch hard or jump like  some gorilla with both hands or use whirling kick your target never evades and you never miss... 
 Example with a bow : You shoot arrow you might miss , but if you take a very powerful shot you never miss...  so WTF is with this combat system? 
 I understand if there would be slight chance to evade skills depending on Evasion stat... For example Accuracy vs Evasion - Chance.  You might miss 40% normal hits while dodging around 15% of skills. (Yeah that would be GLAD EMO CRYING time... )... But still... It is fckd up by the very creators of this game. (No wonder many of em left and created new game Terra... lolz ^^ ) . 

So what I would think of... light armor should have a value should give a choice in between choosing Light  armor set or Heavy armor set for Archers , Dagger classes and other Classes.  In c5 version Warlord class (for example that I played) used Leather Zubei set and later on Nightmare Leather (even It looks so Ugly that some people might commit suicide) still... Leather armor mastery`s +7 evasion + 3 evasion armor mastery...  Gave an edge over  monsters that were 1-3 levels lower. I could take 40 monsters and survive thanks to evasion.  In latter chronicles if you wear on Glad or Warlord  Leather set you are called a noob , clown , idiot and all some sort of imbecile... Because you CAN ROCK WITH HEAVY. 
 Sadly same is here especially with  evasion that works pretty lame. If I'm to suggest any changes it would be to  recheck at least monsters accuracy value so that leather armor users might feel a difference. And to seek aim : to make accuracy , magic accuracy , evasion , magic evasion stats worth something. Why Hawkeye class is so superb? because he can use his self buff to boost  accuracy by a lot. That is super addition to bow`s -3.75 Accuracy.  Guidance buff should mean something else. Even tank classes could choose in some cases blunt over the sword because of highest accuracy... But sadly I see broken things , errors made by NCSOFT team. Maybe they have some amateurs in their team to make more things but in the end they turns not to be that professional. Still they are the same people and not some gods that could make a perfection. So I know this might be a fantasy , but still I have some faith that it is possible even regardless of gaming version to update  Leather armor slight boost , revamped Evasion and Accuracy to more logical basis. 

Well here was a lot thank you  if someone have read it ;)

• Like 1

Adding + speed to light armor is dumb.

You can simply make a macro to switch to light armor when you need to run/catch a target, and then switch to heavy armor if they attack back. 

Archers don't need any more buffs, they already 2 shot everyone without deflect arrow/transfer pain. 

​Tallum heavy for pve. Maj light/heavy for pvp in mass pvp/archers. DC light vs mages. Doom heavy for PRs abusing their cdl skill. 

Changing the way evasion/accuracy works in classic will make it more difficult for summoners to hit the mob due to having wizard stats. And without beast shots, still not in the game... well we might as well just copy the database over and open up a 1x interlude server. One of the summoner's best dye setups is +12 str -15 dex. We won't be able to hit anything anymore. 

Dunno. Giving mastery of heavy armor to light users wont solve problem. Because then light will be deleted from the game.

Still we are not talking about archers, but we are talking about daggers mostly. just everything will be better when u get shadow step. Check 2.2 update notes.

Guys Classic works like any LOL, Dota 2 game, there are strong and weak classes, then u get update, and then nerfs and boost comes. So i dont think that we need to change game it self. Maybe adding some passive for closw range light users. But really nothing much with light sets and formulas.

Adding + speed to light armor is dumb.

You can simply make a macro to switch to light armor when you need to run/catch a target, and then switch to heavy armor if they attack back. 

Archers don't need any more buffs, they already 2 shot everyone without deflect arrow/transfer pain. 

​Tallum heavy for pve. Maj light/heavy for pvp in mass pvp/archers. DC light vs mages. Doom heavy for PRs abusing their cdl skill. 

Changing the way evasion/accuracy works in classic will make it more difficult for summoners to hit the mob due to having wizard stats. And without beast shots, still not in the game... well we might as well just copy the database over and open up a 1x interlude server. One of the summoner's best dye setups is +12 str -15 dex. We won't be able to hit anything anymore. 

​Archers? Dont they do it better right now in bw hvy? ANd i said to add 5 speed so its lower than speed set bonuses. What about daggers, its better when they are runing in hvy with shields right? I didnt say to modify mobs evasion oO

Dunno. Giving mastery of heavy armor to light users wont solve problem. Because then light will be deleted from the game.

Still we are not talking about archers, but we are talking about daggers mostly. just everything will be better when u get shadow step. Check 2.2 update notes.

Guys Classic works like any LOL, Dota 2 game, there are strong and weak classes, then u get update, and then nerfs and boost comes. So i dont think that we need to change game it self. Maybe adding some passive for closw range light users. But really nothing much with light sets and formulas.

​Its about fixing evasion stat since its working in god formula where u were geting x2 more evasion per lvl. Do think god formulas stick well to classic low lvl characters?

Well the stuff I really hate is Heavy armor Natural ability - Lower crit damage.
I mean if you wear D gr heavy armor set and top C gr light set with higher p.def. you still will receive much less critical dmg regardless of Heavy armor mastery. 
Evasion for light armor sucks a bit... That's a critical  combat mechanics made by NCSOFT. Why? Think Logic. You hit someone you might miss or your target might evade your hit , but if you punch hard or jump like  some gorilla with both hands or use whirling kick your target never evades and you never miss... 
 Example with a bow : You shoot arrow you might miss , but if you take a very powerful shot you never miss...  so WTF is with this combat system? 
 I understand if there would be slight chance to evade skills depending on Evasion stat... For example Accuracy vs Evasion - Chance.  You might miss 40% normal hits while dodging around 15% of skills. (Yeah that would be GLAD EMO CRYING time... )... But still... It is fckd up by the very creators of this game. (No wonder many of em left and created new game Terra... lolz ^^ ) . 

So what I would think of... light armor should have a value should give a choice in between choosing Light  armor set or Heavy armor set for Archers , Dagger classes and other Classes.  In c5 version Warlord class (for example that I played) used Leather Zubei set and later on Nightmare Leather (even It looks so Ugly that some people might commit suicide) still... Leather armor mastery`s +7 evasion + 3 evasion armor mastery...  Gave an edge over  monsters that were 1-3 levels lower. I could take 40 monsters and survive thanks to evasion.  In latter chronicles if you wear on Glad or Warlord  Leather set you are called a noob , clown , idiot and all some sort of imbecile... Because you CAN ROCK WITH HEAVY. 
 Sadly same is here especially with  evasion that works pretty lame. If I'm to suggest any changes it would be to  recheck at least monsters accuracy value so that leather armor users might feel a difference. And to seek aim : to make accuracy , magic accuracy , evasion , magic evasion stats worth something. Why Hawkeye class is so superb? because he can use his self buff to boost  accuracy by a lot. That is super addition to bow`s -3.75 Accuracy.  Guidance buff should mean something else. Even tank classes could choose in some cases blunt over the sword because of highest accuracy... But sadly I see broken things , errors made by NCSOFT team. Maybe they have some amateurs in their team to make more things but in the end they turns not to be that professional. Still they are the same people and not some gods that could make a perfection. So I know this might be a fantasy , but still I have some faith that it is possible even regardless of gaming version to update  Leather armor slight boost , revamped Evasion and Accuracy to more logical basis. 

​Heavy armor doesnt have any crit dmg reduction. Heavy armor mastery pasives have it, but archers daggers tyrants dont have such pasive,

only bd sws and tanks have it. About skill evasion dependant to evasion i made 1 thread about this, not big discussion in that thread http://l2classic.club/forum/index.php?/topic/10292-light-armor-mastery-improvement/, would be fair it it worked on physical skills like m evasion on magic skils, players/admins wont agree with this idea i think, even tho it would be the most logic, and its good suggestion to discuss.

• Like 1

​Its about fixing evasion stat since its working in god formula where u were geting x2 more evasion per lvl. Do think god formulas stick well to classic low lvl characters?

​Heavy armor doesnt have any crit dmg reduction. Heavy armor mastery pasives have it, but archers daggers tyrants dont have such pasive,

only bd sws and tanks have it. About skill evasion dependant to evasion i made 1 thread about this, not big discussion in that thread http://l2classic.club/forum/index.php?/topic/10292-light-armor-mastery-improvement/, would be fair it it worked on physical skills like m evasion on magic skils, players/admins wont agree with this idea i think, even tho it would be the most logic, and its good suggestion to discuss.

​ As I said before. Take heavy armor w/o class lower grade , and Light armor Higher grade for better p.def.  Hit dagger class skills and check difference.

Dunno guys this topic about evasion doesnt look too needed. Maybe UE should be boosted but nothing more. U get Hide to get close, and if u cant kill target from close range then dagger needs buff, thats it.

Dunno guys this topic about evasion doesnt look too needed. Maybe UE should be boosted but nothing more. U get Hide to get close, and if u cant kill target from close range then dagger needs buff, thats it.

​No its about to boost light armor mastery so its more worth to use light armor on for example dagge rthan hvy setw.o mastery

​People used to say in 1.0 http://l2classic.club/forum/index.php?/topic/7993-grade-penalty-important/#comment-49145 "daggers take hide at 51 and shadow step at 40, so they wont need heavy. Archers as well".. since february!

Neither hide nor shadow step have solved the problem in Classic EU. So we can think ahead! we, light users, need you to give good suggestions too, or the more we advance in the game, the higher will be the advantage of classes with Heavy mastery over classes without it.

Well some thing is really amiss because Heavy > Light. What is  really stupid.  Since Heavy armor have its advantages Leather armor should have them as well. This topic wouldn't be created if Light armor would work properly. At this moment it's a mess.

• Like 1