Sign in to follow this  
darkwarlord

Tank Elf

If u mean Temple knight. Yes, he is good, because his root cubic is awesome. 

Our TK lvl 63 rooted anoying archer 76lvl and he must use bsoe and never come back try stun us.

He is not beast as SK or DA, but if u like him, your mind is friendly, u can easily find normal party and u can be useful for your party.

5 hours ago, Stiba007 said:

Our TK lvl 63 rooted anoying archer 76lvl and he must use bsoe and never come back try stun us.

Isnt that a bug then, when a lvl 63 can debuff a lvl 76 ?

Not sure if for cubics counts other debuff penaltys as for normal debuffs

1 hour ago, chevignon said:

Isnt that a bug then, when a lvl 63 can debuff a lvl 76 ?

Not sure if for cubics counts other debuff penaltys as for normal debuffs

Something interesting I noticed recently: SK's poison cubic works similarly and can be removed with Greater Antidote UNLESS the SK has max lvl cubic learnt. I guess it's the same with Emergency Dressing vs. ES's bleed cubic and Ice Dagger?
on topic: Sorry, elf tank useless af.

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

Something interesting I noticed recently: SK's poison cubic works similarly and can be removed with Greater Antidote UNLESS the SK has max lvl cubic learnt. I guess it's the same with Emergency Dressing vs. ES's bleed cubic and Ice Dagger?
on topic: Sorry, elf tank useless af.

@Cyane Any info? 

I heard about this root  cubic from somewhere before. cant remember.

10 hours ago, darkwarlord said:

Have a chance on this server?

Every class has chance, you just need to be good at what you are doing. If u want to see tank elf in action, i suggest you watching some Zhantiel movies on youtube. He plays TK on skelth and makes lots of videos.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, darkwarlord said:

Have a chance on this server?

I have been playing on TK since the beggining till lvl 70 and I can tell you some points: 

1. For AoEPvE is an amazing class, bcz the life cubic and the high WIT status helps a lot on hp potions crits and BS's MP saving.

2. Solo PvE is shit bcz u dont have enough dmg, even with full str.

3. PvP is funny and at same time, boring. Bcz u dont die for any warrior/rogue/mages* (if u know how to pvp against them or if they were fingerless)*, for the simple reason that they reach on 0 mp before u die. And Attractive Cubic piss them off as hell with his 100% root. The boring part is bcz u dont have dmg enough to kill them.

4. Mass PvP u will be the last man standing, u already can imagine how boring can it be. The max u can do is Entangle/Aggro/Judgement some enemies. Ur cubic wont have time to cast root or smth.

5. I gave up on TK bcz im not masoquist.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rhaegar said:

I have been playing on TK since the beggining till lvl 70 and I can tell you some points: 

3. PvP is funny and at same time, boring. Bcz u dont die for any warrior/rogue/mages* (if u know how to pvp against them or if they were fingerless)*, for the simple reason that they reach on 0 mp before u die. And Attractive Cubic piss them off as hell with his 100% root. The boring part is bcz u dont have dmg enough to kill them.

4. Mass PvP u will be the last man standing, u already can imagine how boring can it be. The max u can do is Entangle/Aggro/Judgement some enemies. Ur cubic wont have time to cast root or smth.

5. I gave up on TK bcz im not masoquist.

THIS

People should stop trying to be nice at all cost or to troll a guy who might be wasting months of gameplay just to realise his class decision was a one big mistake. If certain class is boring and weak just say it. Even if it looks that one guy likes particular class lore/concept and you don't want ot discourage him for picking what he might consider to be optimal for him, you still should give him nothing but hard and reliable arguments.

Stuff like "well TK isn't the best tank but definitely has it's own place and can be fun to play" is just a sad troll (be it intended or not) :f

To sum up this flame thread with almost no input on what OP was asking:

TK is:

Boring to PvE

Boring to PvP

Heavily reliant on having a good party because he farms slow

Has little in terms of active and impactfull skills

Isn't wellcomed in most CP's / CLAN's who are planning to PvP and contest EPIC's one day

If you simply like the lore concept and want an elf fighter, choose:

SWS for the tankish/supportish purposes

SR -  if you want range fighter

PW - if you want a melee dpser (although he's arguably weakest of the daggers)

If you like the concept of tanks and want to be annoying to enemies, choose:

DA - Arguably strongest tank, that farms fastest, has reasonable ammount of DPS (due to having a summon), is tankiest of em all and will be a beast in the future Olympiad games

SK - Arguably most fun to play of all the tanks, a lot of active abilities/nukes, highest autoattack DPS of all tanks and interesting skillset (but is least tanky) and his general PvP power is below DA

Paladin - currently crap which might become a powerfull and fun to play TANK in the future chronicles

if you simply want to be tanky and not really perform as a typical tank you can consider as well:

Warlord - with +con dyes he's a very tanky class, with awesome farming potential, wellcomed in most fighter parties, who brings quite a lot of fun when fighting in the mass PvPs, but to play efficiently you need a dedicated recharger and after you run out of mana (what happens fast) can't do much more than simply tickle enemies with bow

Destroyer - naturally  tanky hero who can become almost immune to physical dmg for 1.5 minute (GUTS), high DPS and decent for solo farming, he's main weakness is that he has no range abilities and can be very boring to PvP with

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

Warlord - with +con dyes he's a very tanky class, with awesome farming potential, wellcomed in most fighter parties, who brings quite a lot of fun when fighting in the mass PvPs, but to play efficiently you need a dedicated recharger and after you run out of mana (what happens fast) can't do much more than simply tickle enemies with bow

He is welcomed in mage parties aswell :D

3 hours ago, FinalFen said:

THIS

People should stop trying to be nice at all cost or to troll a guy who might be wasting months of gameplay just to realise his class decision was a one big mistake. If certain class is boring and weak just say it. Even if it looks that one guy likes particular class lore/concept and you don't want ot discourage him for picking what he might consider to be optimal for him, you still should give him nothing but hard and reliable arguments.

Stuff like "well TK isn't the best tank but definitely has it's own place and can be fun to play" is just a sad troll (be it intended or not) :f

To sum up this flame thread with almost no input on what OP was asking:

TK is:

Boring to PvE

Boring to PvP

Heavily reliant on having a good party because he farms slow

Has little in terms of active and impactfull skills

Isn't wellcomed in most CP's / CLAN's who are planning to PvP and contest EPIC's one day

PW - if you want a melee dpser (although he's arguably weakest of the daggers)

I guess you havent seen single Zhantiel movie, yes, TK is not DA or SK, but neither SR is PR, yet you still encourage him to make it? Whats up with suggesting him PW if he wants melee dps, while PW is possibly WORST class possible from all 31 choices right now? Are you sure you arent troll yourself? As i said, if you show yourself you are helpful as TK or you are good guy, you are capable of finding cp/clan, not everybody is trying to achieve perfect setup and rather have worse setup consisted of nice guys than flaming kiddos or emos and who knows, maybe they can even make their "bad setup" work in some way.

Reaper when quoting someone you srsly shouldn't cherry pick parts of someones post, cutting sentences in between, changing their meaning just to create a flame ground for yourself.

I never suggested that PW is a good class choice for him. What I said, and what you should read again is that if he really likes the elven lore and wants an elven fighter there are 3 better choices than TK, because the truth is that even PW is better of a pick simply because he's more fun to play (that's a general specific of dagger classes - lots of active abilities and high burst). With that said I've still added a note that PW is the weakest of all daggers so not sure what are you talking about.

Regarding SR, once again IF he likes the ELVEN FIGHTERS and no matter what he wants to make an elven figther, then yet again picking SR is better than going TK. 1 thing is that SR is way more fun to play during PvP. Since he's an archer class, he's naturally very efficient during PvP's and further more there's a lot smaller drop in PvP power when comparing PR to SR than if you compared DA to TK, where DA outshines TK so badly, that the poor elf simply becomes blind :<

And yes I do agree, that if you have a nice and fun personality you will find your CP anyway, but where's your point ? I never said that TK won't find a CP/Group, but that he isn't as wellcomed as other classes because of what it will be harder to find a group, and some groups (tryhards) will simply be not achievable for you. Hard to find =/= Won't find.

Less aggression more agreession! (ok that one was dumb :D)

3 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

Reaper when quoting someone you srsly shouldn't cherry pick parts of someones post, cutting sentences in between, changing their meaning just to create a flame ground for yourself.

I never suggested that PW is a good class choice for him. What I said, and what you should read again is that if he really likes the elven lore and wants an elven fighter there are 3 better choices than TK, because the truth is that even PW is better of a pick simply because he's more fun to play (that's a general specific of dagger classes - lots of active abilities and high burst). With that said I've still added a note that PW is the weakest of all daggers so not sure what are you talking about.

Regarding SR, once again IF he likes the ELVEN FIGHTERS and no matter what he wants to make an elven figther, then yet again picking SR is better than going TK. 1 thing is that SR is way more fun to play during PvP. Since he's an archer class, he's naturally very efficient during PvP's and further more there's a lot smaller drop in PvP power when comparing PR to SR than if you compared DA to TK, where DA outshines TK so badly, that the poor elf simply becomes blind :<

And yes I do agree, that if you have a nice and fun personality you will find your CP anyway, but where's your point ? I never said that TK won't find a CP/Group, but that he isn't as wellcomed as other classes because of what it will be harder to find a group, and some groups (tryhards) will simply be not achievable for you. Hard to find =/= Won't find.

I wouldnt bet my hand on saying that PW is better pick than TK. To tell you truth, TK is way much more useful than PW atm, just because dagger is generally more fun, doesnt mean that PW is more fun.

You would see how huge difference is in mass pvp between PR and SR, and then comparing DA with TK in mass pvp is very simple, whats is your job in mass pvp? To tank dmg for archers/mages, 1 silence at start of pvp and what can DA provide more than TK? And you can bet your ass that the silence will be casted on DA very soon after pvp starts, what you can do after that? Ofc DA is very good class, but comparing DA with TK is stupid, because they have very different functions in pvp.

14 hours ago, Reaper said:

You would see how huge difference is in mass pvp between PR and SR, and then comparing DA with TK in mass pvp is very simple, whats is your job in mass pvp?

Why are we suddenly comparing DA with TK in mass PvP ? :D

Anyways what more DA provides then TK during a fight ? Maybe a short cast time and high land rate stun ? :)

And I wouldn't say that DA and TK have different "functions" in PvP. It's just that DA has it's role and place (disable core targets) while TK simply has no role, he just walks there hoping someone will target him ^^

Generally speaking I don't disagree with your knowledge, because you know what you are speaking about for the most part, but you seem to overinterprate what I'm saying and trying to argue with things which wasn't said or suggested :)