Sign in to follow this  
GrimoireWeiss

Protection from over leveled characters.

Like first let me tell why I think it's needed.
Around a year back I started playing here. For multiple weeks I have seen same archer with friends killing people at Plains of Lizardman and he is the guy that has 7200 PK kills. Because of that PK list I can see that not only he had top C grade he had like 10+ levels over others. Soon I quit to wait for 2.0 and few weeks back I started playing here again.
Now yesterday at Ivory Tower crater people from a clan came with 3 archers and started killing people for no reason. Today I go to Cruma Tower and as soon as I start hitting a mob some archer again with gear and over leveled kills me. I move to sea of spores few hours later same archer from Cruma Tower kills me again and then again. So all exp I got was out the window.
There are some other examples like a guy threatening me to kill me with high lvl mage because he thinks it's his farming spot when I was farming there for hours.

People abuse that fact they have high lvl characters. There is no gameplay or fairness in being shot in the butt by high lvl PK character. I am fine by being killed by similar lvl or even by multiple enemies. As we know on classic version few lvl difference means everything so it would be good idea for example have protection from over leveled people  that are like 6lvl above you. Or just have protection from PK until lvl52 for example.
I know pvp is important in this game but some are working hard to level and get gear while others create alt's to kill weak players without pretty much any resistance.

Edited by GrimoireWeiss

i think players just need to soldier on and eat it. Now with the new update its takes like 4 or 5 days for you to be out of the 40s and into the 50s and this was from a plains walker playing solo so i believe 90% of the classes can do it faster.

that is what open world pvp stands for, you can literally kill and annoy anyone you want, if you play the game you should be prepared for it and be sure it will happen, just soldier on and eventually you out level those genius people and problem solved.

yes i also got pked a lot, specially in forest of mirrors by some high mage, i also did punched my table couple of times because of it. but that is just how it is. now im on 70s while that char is still there annoying people.

plus, that protection thing you say wouldn't do any difference because this players really enjoy this kind of stupid stuff so they would come with char higher lvl to the max possible by those protections and with top gear still pk you same way.

Until 40 lvl there is buff to get protection from getting pked by higher lvl chars. However he can still debuff you and drop to mobs i believe, which is kind of sucky but thats the game.

sorry to say this, but this is L2 getting pk'd is a big part of it.

if u dont know how to deal with it on your own, then make some friends that can come and help you or join a clan that can protect you, theres a reason that ppl pk and have pk chars, if your an untagged guy pking you is one way to force you to pick a side.

ofcourse some just like to pk for the hell of it and again it might suck but its a part of the game and removeing would be a big mistake just becourse some ppl dont know how to deal with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valeera said:

i think players just need to soldier on and eat it. Now with the new update its takes like 4 or 5 days for you to be out of the 40s and into the 50s and this was from a plains walker playing solo so i believe 90% of the classes can do it faster.

that is what open world pvp stands for, you can literally kill and annoy anyone you want, if you play the game you should be prepared for it and be sure it will happen, just soldier on and eventually you out level those genius people and problem solved.

yes i also got pked a lot, specially in forest of mirrors by some high mage, i also did punched my table couple of times because of it. but that is just how it is. now im on 70s while that char is still there annoying people.

plus, that protection thing you say wouldn't do any difference because this players really enjoy this kind of stupid stuff so they would come with char higher lvl to the max possible by those protections and with top gear still pk you same way.

I am fine with occasional PK but not like this. I come to one spot I am shot in the butt and then I go to another spot which is far from last one and still same guy finds me and shots me in the butt... He has almost 0 consequences because no one will win against him and if someone pops up he will run or relog. 

I have my main which is 35lvl, spoil 45lvl and wc 48lvl. I play sometimes with friend. Before I play on main I collect gear and books. I had to play for a week near Ivory Tower for that god damn phantom cubic spell book. Now I am trying to farm sea of spores. As I have to level wc as well I gain 0.03exp on both characters. It takes hours to gain some %exp. I lost 20%exp on wc today with those unwinnable fights. I can't run away either with lack of speed. There isn't much PvP when double shot takes all my cp and good chunk of hp on a dwarf with buffs and full plate armor set. 

It just would be nice to have protection against PK until 52. People will have their skills,gear and join clans or something when they get there. I don't want to block pvp just somehow make those fights fair.
Maybe add penalty for killing low lvl players. I am sure there are more refined ideas to this topic. I wouldn't write this if it was few times but it happens too often. 

5 minutes ago, valkynic said:

sorry to say this, but this is L2 getting pk'd is a big part of it.

if u dont know how to deal with it on your own, then make some friends that can come and help you or join a clan that can protect you, theres a reason that ppl pk and have pk chars, if your an untagged guy pking you is one way to force you to pick a side.

ofcourse some just like to pk for the hell of it and again it might suck but its a part of the game and removeing would be a big mistake just becourse some ppl dont know how to deal with it.

They more likely force people to go play something else so that when they log back it would be time for kids to go to sleep. I wouldn't be playing if I was against PK but when they run around killing majorly weaker characters without any consequences there is a problem. PvP is big part of L2 not PK...
No one said anything about removing it. Just adding protection to 52lvl, maybe add penalty for killing weak characters or entirely something else to make it a bit fair. I don't see much difference in this type of PK from a guy using alt characters killing afk fishing people on platforms. Those that do these kind of things seriously have some sort of issues.

18 hours ago, GrimoireWeiss said:

They more likely force people to go play something else so that when they log back it would be time for kids to go to sleep. I wouldn't be playing if I was against PK but when they run around killing majorly weaker characters without any consequences there is a problem. PvP is big part of L2 not PK...
No one said anything about removing it. Just adding protection to 52lvl, maybe add penalty for killing weak characters or entirely something else to make it a bit fair. I don't see much difference in this type of PK from a guy using alt characters killing afk fishing people on platforms. Those that do these kind of things seriously have some sort of issues.

Wrong. 1) PK is a big part of l2 too. 2) ppl like you will find something to complain no matter what 3) mostly all these PK are 50-60 lvl, it's a lvl u can make in 1-2 weeks

When i was 30-50lvl I was killed by PK like 10 times too (or needed to relog). Later I made 56-58 lvl and started to lvlup my spoiler and every time I met these archers in ivory\hardins\ai - I logged my mage and took some gifts from them (brig helm, c bow, d jewels)

Learn how to adjust or dont play l2.

On 11/26/2017 at 9:08 PM, kktnxbye said:

Wrong. 1) PK is a big part of l2 too. 2) ppl like you will find something to complain no matter what 3) mostly all these PK are 50-60 lvl, it's a lvl u can make in 1-2 weeks

When i was 30-50lvl I was killed by PK like 10 times too (or needed to relog). Later I made 56-58 lvl and started to lvlup my spoiler and every time I met these archers in ivory\hardins\ai - I logged my mage and took some gifts from them (brig helm, c bow, d jewels)

Learn how to adjust or dont play l2.

People like me? Who exactly? What are you even talking about...
Made a suggestion on forum part that is for suggestions = complaining. I am already leveling multiple chars which will take long time and the time required according to you is clearly for those that sleep at their pc.
Who the F are you to tell me to play or not? With your crystal clear arguments you are surely showing why PK is huge part of the game. You are clearly one of those that are unhappy with everything and feel the need to show that dissatisfaction. If you don't like people "complaining" than ignore the post.

I played official and I played too many private servers. I barely remember any PK incidents as people just resolved it with fighting. I don't remember any archer squads or people killing others that are fishing. Ignore forum threads and ignore my comment as you will reply to it most likely again just assuming stuff.
I do this not because I feel like I need to change the game. I do this because for example I don't want to see some kid killing others at 2-3AM while they afk fishing. And he can do that with pretty much 0 consequences as there are no guards and he can step back into peace zone.

@GrimoireWeiss look, you have free newbie protection till lvl 40... Most of the big PKers are lets say in locations till lvl ~50, just survive that few lvls and you will be fine... PK will be punished HARD in upcoming updates, no need to destroy this part of game even faster than on ofi...

Why should I show the arguments to what's obvious itself? Ppl already showed you the archer squads from offi, and I met absolutely the same on each big ru server.
I told many times that what do we have now - is SO easy you cant even imagine(in comparison to what was in the past).
PK scrolls A grade =600k now, its almost deleted all pk 61+. Till 40 u have PK protection. So basically ppl need to make only 20 lvls with this risk(of being PKed).

If you wanna kill mobs with 0 risk - go play more carebear games. Here should be stuns\pk - it's L2.

9 hours ago, GrimoireWeiss said:

I do this because for example I don't want to see some kid killing others at 2-3AM while they afk fishing. And he can do that with pretty much 0 consequences as there are no guards and he can step back into peace zone.

Hi and welcome to the server.
If you hit lvl 40, go xp at forest of mirrors.
There is a good guy called ChnDaye there, he will not let anyone else PK you :)

I think we don't need that. If players don't like to play here because of pk, they shouldn't play L2 at all. PK, PVP and other confrontation with other players is the basis of this game.

1 hour ago, Noveria said:

I think we don't need that. If players don't like to play here because of pk, they shouldn't play L2 at all. PK, PVP and other confrontation with other players is the basis of this game.

Stop copy pasting such crap. PK'ing (especially lowbies) is a very minor part of the game. If you analyzed online time of each active player spent on PvP/trading/grinding and PKing you would probably notice that PK'ing on average takes 0.1% of overall online time of a player. So ye PK'ing is not L2, is not main part of this game and definitely isn't a reason for someone who doesn't like PK mechanics, to not play the game/join our server. It's just a feature rarelly used by others (talking about PKing lowbies with high lvl chars now).

If you don't have anything smart to say, then just stop after saying "you have to deal with it" because demotivating new players from staying on our server achieves nothing beside harming the server population.

Edited by FinalFen

2 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

Stop copy pasting such crap. PK'ing (especially lowbies) is a very minor part of the game. If you analyzed online time of each active player spend on PvP/trading/grinding and PKing you would probably notice that PK'ing on average takes 0.1% of overall online time of a player. So ye PK'ing is not L2, is not main part of this game and definitely isn't a reason for someone who doesn't like PK mechanics, to not play the game/join our server. It's just a feature rarelly used by others (talking about PKing lowbies with high lvl chars now).

If you don't have anything smart to say, then just stop after saying "you have to deal with it" because demotivating new players from staying on our server achieves nothing beside harming the server population.

I'm seeing a lot of rage here, this is unpleasant. Just calm down, okie?

I was PKed at lot when i was low lvl, that was before 2.0 when PK is not a big deal and penalty for that was low. So what? I'm still playing here, it's not demotivating at all. This makes me feel that server is alive. Now PKing it's quite costly and i don't see much of PKers.
You see a lot of leaving ppl? Well, ppl coming and leaving constantly. It is a common thing. If this was a serious problem, i mean, really A LOT of leaving ppl, the administration would take measures, and i don't think we should blame only PK for that. I invited couple of my friends to play here, none of them said that they don't like being here because of PK.
If u guys really care about that, you should cooperate in game and hunt PK. I can help too.
I said what i needed to say, no need to response at this message.
                                                                                                                                                                                             Peace and Love:P

You miss the point. My post wasn't about PK'ers being unhealthy for the server or PKing mechanics being bad, but about your attitude (and plenty of other people on this forum) regarding newbies who get PK'ed by high level chars. I remember when not long ago I was coming back to L2 and was looking for a server to play on. If back then I would encounter such a topic like ths one, where some newbie QQ's about PKers and other players tell him that if he can't deal with PKers he shouldn't play the game/server I probably wouldn't even give a chance to classic.club because why would you put your self into a sufferfest if PKing on the server is so common that people warn you to not play the game if you can't handle being PK'ed ?

Now if you look on @kktnxbye post you can notice that he's actually giving a valid insight on the server situation and explains why PK'ing isn't a big/common problem. His post definitely won't scare away someone who's considering his start on classic.club

Edited by FinalFen

1 hour ago, FinalFen said:

Stop copy pasting such crap. PK'ing (especially lowbies) is a very minor part of the game. If you analyzed online time of each active player spent on PvP/trading/grinding and PKing you would probably notice that PK'ing on average takes 0.1% of overall online time of a player. So ye PK'ing is not L2, is not main part of this game and definitely isn't a reason for someone who doesn't like PK mechanics, to not play the game/join our server. It's just a feature rarelly used by others (talking about PKing lowbies with high lvl chars now).

0.1% difference in your DNA is distinguishing you from the ape. Or is it? xD

" saying "you have to deal with it" because demotivating new useless players who will leave anyway cause anyway will find a reason to cry" fixed that for you, dont thanks me.

Edited by kktnxbye

10 minutes ago, kktnxbye said:

" saying "you have to deal with it" because demotivating new useless players who will leave anyway cause anyway will find a reason to cry" fixed that for you, dont thanks me.

Well said, My thoughts exactly.

I appreciate those few that tried to give their opinions in proper manner but there isn't really much to talk about now. Many here just are unhappy and sad people. Someone writes a topic with a suggestion suddenly it transforms into "You complain. You will always complain" and then throw some more empty assumptions...
Useless or not every game needs a stream of new players to keep it alive. You behave like this is an attack on your game when I only suggested to have protection against characters with much bigger level and there was nothing about disabling PK. I will play this as much I want but you kind of dig your own pits with "Every new player useless", "Git gud" and "You only complain" mentalities.
To others thank you for your opinions.