Sign in to follow this  
HelenGirro

Two suggestions from new player

Hi,

I have basically 2 suggestions and I think both of them are pretty easy to implement. I saw them on another server and it worked well and all players liked it.

1. Please make it so, that when you play the game the gamma on the monitor does not change while changing the windows. Its 2018 and this thing stills happens. Just disable it and let our monitors be. Or atleast make an option in the updater. It drives me sick.

2. Can you upgrade stores in a way that there is always some kind of space? Like at least SOME space? Truth to be told, I cant find anything in the market (and I know there is a /findprivatestore command) and I cant even walk between those shops). Not even talking about that there are dwarfs one on another so you cant properly target them. It really makes me sick.

3. Could you get rid of the offlinestore circle animation? It would make the clients easier on hardware (its swapping like hell in harbor) and it would increase clarity of the market.

I think both of these suggestions are really easy to implement and would not hurt a soul.

Edited by HelenGirro

21 minutes ago, HelenGirro said:

Hi,

I have basically 2 suggestions and I think both of them are pretty easy to implement. I saw them on another server and it worked well and all players liked it.

1. Please make it so, that when you play the game the gamma on the monitor does not change while changing the windows. Its 2018 and this thing stills happens. Just disable it and let our monitors be. Or atleast make an option in the updater. It drives me sick.

2. Can you upgrade stores in a way that there is always some kind of space? Like at least SOME space? Truth to be told, I cant find anything in the market (and I know there is a /findprivatestore command) and I cant even walk between those shops). Not even talking about that there are dwarfs one on another so you cant properly target them. It really makes me sick.

I think both of these suggestions are really easy to implement and would not hurt a soul.

1. open the ini find the lines:

[windrv.windowsclient]
windowedviewportx=1680
windowedviewporty=1050
fullscreenviewportx=1680
fullscreenviewporty=1050
menuviewportx=640
menuviewporty=480
brightness=0.800000
contrast=0.700000
gamma=0.800000

change to:

brightness=0.500000
contrast=0.500000
gamma=1.000000

I.e try to match the bright to be the same as your desktop, it's pointless for them to implement such change globally as everyone has different settings/monitors.

2. Never got blocked into dwarfs, only happens when you didnt load them. If you are loading those areas slow you need a SSD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

text

Yo, I will try your solution. Thank you for it. I do not agree tho that its pointless. As I said in my first post, it can be done and probably it can be done dynamically so you dont have to worry about your gamma settings. Well I have an SSD and when there are 1k dwarfs in giran harbor, you load them by hundreds. But thats not what I talk about. You cant practically see what each of them is advertising as their messages overlap. It would be better if there is atleast some space set between each other.

6 minutes ago, HelenGirro said:

Yo, I will try your solution. Thank you for it. I do not agree tho that its pointless. As I said in my first post, it can be done and probably it can be done dynamically so you dont have to worry about your gamma settings. Well I have an SSD and when there are 1k dwarfs in giran harbor, you load them by hundreds. But thats not what I talk about. You cant practically see what each of them is advertising as their messages overlap. It would be better if there is atleast some space set between each other.

You cant make forced gamma settings work well for everyone. as it's an old game. If they patch the ini and distribute it with different settings than the current ones it might fix it for you but make it worse for more people. I hope you get what i mean.

On the 2nd point, i dont think that's possible to do, if you scroll your camera and look into the ground, you can make it work, it's not perfect but its fine for me. You are mostly bothered because you you are new and want to check all shops to get sense of the economy. Once you are looking for specific things, you won't notice it as much.

Edited by BlackJack

22 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

another text

Wont argue with ya. All I can say is I saw both of these changes applied. Both of them worked correctly (on two of my PCs). Both of them improved QoL of players. No one complained.

8 hours ago, BlackJack said:

2. Never got blocked into dwarfs, only happens when you didnt load them. If you are loading those areas slow you need a SSD.

I have SSD but sometimes when the server hasn't crashed entire day, it takes several minutes to load all the shops.

But it's not a problem of spaces between traders... It's about the game prioritizing fishers and their f***ing summons over traders so if you want to really find something you need to bite the pillow. @San0 @Koll please make Giran the main trading zone instead - it has a strong nostalgia factor and the fishing zones are far from the traders so they don't intervene with the grueling loading.

3 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

I have SSD but sometimes when the server hasn't crashed entire day, it takes several minutes to load all the shops.

But it's not a problem of spaces between traders... It's about the game prioritizing fishers and their f***ing summons over traders so if you want to really find something you need to bite the pillow. @San0 @Koll please make Giran the main trading zone instead - it has a strong nostalgia factor and the fishing zones are far from the traders so they don't intervene with the grueling loading.

I thing in giran its not mutch space for all shopers, now there by many and in gh its more then can be in giran. Better cancel fisher in gh. 

2 hours ago, Andor said:

I thing in giran its not mutch space for all shopers, now there by many and in gh its more then can be in giran. Better cancel fisher in gh. 

It's not really that much smaller - it's just divided into smaller fragments and that's one of the amazing things about the Giran - instead of being overwhelmed by a plain area right from the TP like in GH, you just get the square, and if you're looking for specific thing your loading gets nicely distributed between the square, then from ivy, out middle, through the connector all the way the Taurin area. And because these areas are divided by walls, they don't lag as much.

But there're other reasons why Giran Town is extremelly superior trading zone to the Giran Harbor - except for Giran bussiness center being retail, oldschool and classic, it also has literally the bussiness center infrastructure; e.g. when you're in Giran Harbor and you craft something, you're missing gemstones - you have to go back to town. You bought a rune and you want to put it in the weapon, you go where? Back to town obviously. You want Spirit Ores for crafting shots? Back to town it is. All these NPCs simply are in Giran Town which is supposed to be the bussiness center, not the Giran Harbor. Giran Harbor did it's job well, but it's time to go back to the roots of the Lineage and return markets to Giran.

Edited by FryderykChopin

4 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

It's not really that much smaller - it's just divided into smaller fragments and that's one of the amazing things about the Giran - instead of being overwhelmed by a plain area right from the TP like in GH, you just get the square, and if you're looking for specific thing your loading gets nicely distributed between the square, then from ivy, out middle, through the connector all the way the Taurin area. And because these areas are divided by walls, they don't lag as much.

But there're other reasons why Giran Town is extremelly superior trading zone to the Giran Harbor - except for Giran bussiness center being retail, oldschool and classic, it also has literally the bussiness center infrastructure; e.g. when you're in Giran Harbor and you craft something, you're missing gemstones - you have to go back to town. You bought a rune and you want to put it in the weapon, you go where? Back to town obviously. You want Spirit Ores for crafting shots? Back to town it is. All these NPCs simply are in Giran Town which is supposed to be the bussiness center, not the Giran Harbor. Giran Harbor did it's job well, but it's time to go back to the roots of the Lineage and return markets to Giran.

Understand +

12 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

@San0 @Koll please make Giran the main trading zone instead - it has a strong nostalgia factor 

Couldnt agree more 

Also agree with the thing about gamma, if there would be some fix which would work globally for everyone, it would be awesome.

Edited by DesertEagle0.50
missing line

Cannot wait for 10 mins journey everytime i go buy talismans on friday/saturday with my HDD if giran becomes trading town.

8 hours ago, MoDoy said:

Cannot wait for 10 mins journey everytime i go buy talismans on friday/saturday with my HDD if giran becomes trading town.

It takes under 1 second to scroll down the camera to the ground, so unless you're playing on Atari the single trips are literally a non-problem.

alt-p is the answer to loading every trading zone faster. ;)

You don't need shiny graphics at this place if you wanna go fast.

Edited by Sarek

5 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

It takes under 1 second to scroll down the camera to the ground, so unless you're playing on Atari the single trips are literally a non-problem.

Laptop with only touchpad (no mouse) w/o scroll function. Where is your god now? :D 

• Like 1