Sign in to follow this  
blackmarket

Offline Shop animation gone... BUT...

But it would be good to different offline shop from ppl just selling and u can contact them still, coz they didnt use .offline_shop command.

How about nicknames of shops turn GREY the moment u activate .offline_shop?

image.png.33e9b5bd112ffbed80fb97fa551b4611.png <------- can i still try to pm him or hes on .offline_shop already? and i die hard trying to type his nick w.o luck coz he will be offline_shop already?

P.S back to 24h offline shop is good idea too

Edited by blackmarket

Leave him mail. lul 

or hope he will see your pm. btw it was showing when u try to pm, that he is using shop 

Edited by Aduha

5 hours ago, blackmarket said:

How about nicknames of shops turn GREY the moment u activate .offline_shop?

+1 for the brilliant idea, but for all you who write the history books please note that I've already suggested it several times before:

"change the offline shop indicator from sleep animation -> grey nickname" ~FryderykChopin, March 15, 2018 AD

"If there needs to be an offline shop indication - make it so that players' nick turns grey." ~FryderykChopin, February 28, 2018 AD

Also for the history books please note that I've already suggested to remove the fishers from Giran Harbor.

Please don't let me meet the same fate as Tesla. :(

After all - what I can I say, great minds produce only great ideas. :)

14 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

+1 for the brilliant idea, but for all you who write the history books please note that I've already suggested it several times before:

how is it brilliant idea? you are not trying to pm guy who sits with shop, its not like he will write you back and he gets spammed by shout in GH anyway, so you gotta mail him anyway and as reaver said, if you try to pm guy and he is in offline shop, you get system message, no need for grey nicks

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

how is it brilliant idea? you are not trying to pm guy who sits with shop, its not like he will write you back and he gets spammed by shout in GH anyway, so you gotta mail him anyway and as reaver said, if you try to pm guy and he is in offline shop, you get system message, no need for grey nicks

It's a brilliant idea because it's mine.

Also not sure why am I the one to realize this since I have no friends but one of the reasons are the situations when you're trying to reach someone who's not on your friendlist.

For the reference, please take take a minute to read through this hypothetical situation:

->420Weed69 hi
->420Weed69 you there?
->420Weed69 write me when you come back

*5 minutes later*
->420Weed69 Ok dude I see you're ignoring me, as you wish, I'm sending the nuclear missile to Florida

This could be prevented with the grey nickname.

...But on the more serious note it's mostly for active traders - when someone is sitting with an open window it means he's usually open for negotiations, which means you can offer him you'll buy let's say 50% of his stock instantly if he gives you a discount. Some people will refuse the offer because they believe they'll sell it quickly, some will accept it because they're not sure about it, or need liquid assets quickly. In these seituations leaving a mail simply doesn't cut it because his goods might be gone by the time he reads the email. 

When there's no offline shop indicator, you can't say who's shopping online and offline and so the bussiness part of the game is somewhat restricted.

25 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

Hey, you play this game for several years and you dont know basic things? 

Rizos providing lifehacks in 14 years old game D:

16 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

It's a brilliant idea because it's mine.

Also not sure why am I the one to realize this since I have no friends but one of the reasons are the situations when you're trying to reach someone who's not on your friendlist.

For the reference, please take take a minute to read through this hypothetical situation:

->420Weed69 hi
->420Weed69 you there?
->420Weed69 write me when you come back

*5 minutes later*
->420Weed69 Ok dude I see you're ignoring me, as you wish, I'm sending the nuclear missile to Florida

This could be prevented with the grey nickname.

...But on the more serious note it's mostly for active traders - when someone is sitting with an open window it means he's usually open for negotiations, which means you can offer him you'll buy let's say 50% of his stock instantly if he gives you a discount. Some people will refuse the offer because they believe they'll sell it quickly, some will accept it because they're not sure about it, or need liquid assets quickly. In these seituations leaving a mail simply doesn't cut it because his goods might be gone by the time he reads the email. 

When there's no offline shop indicator, you can't say who's shopping online and offline and so the bussiness part of the game is somewhat restricted.

no, let me tell you how this goes:

fryderyk writing pm to someone about negotiations

"420weed69 yo, i want to negotiate to you *pushes enter*

*System message - player is in offline shop mode so whisper option is disabled*

ah, so i dont need to bother writing him more asking stupid stuff like if he is here, because obviously he is in offline shop mode and i will write him e-mail

13 minutes ago, Rizos said:

Hey, you play this game for several years and you dont know basic things? 

Rizos providing lifehacks in 14 years old game D:

Wow, genius, i didnt even know something like this EXISTED?!? i always had hard time reading party chat because of the spam "your soulshots have been enabled", thanks man, you are life saver, idk how i could play this game for so long never realizing it :D

Edited by MoDoy

1 minute ago, MoDoy said:

ah, so i dont need to bother writing him more asking stupid stuff like if he is here, because obviously he is in offline shop mode and i will write him e-mail

Wow, genius, i didnt even know something like this EXISTED?!? i always had hard time reading party chat because of the spam "your soulshots have been enabled", thanks man, you are life saver, idk how i could play this game for so long never realizing it :D

IM GLAD I COULD HELP!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

no, u ignored one fact i mentioned in first post:

Nickname of a guy for example:

"sh0pr4nd0m8123890

u try pm

"sh0pr4nd0m8123990 yo
- system msg: invalid nickname

but why?

U keep looking at nicknames wasting time to realize u did mistake.

U try again:
"sh0pr4nd0m8123980 yo
- system msg: invalid nickname

At 3rd try after u checked all digits u finally see:

And all could have been done is look at grey nickname meaning that he cant pm him bcoz hes in offline mode.

But no, always come forum warriors to argue that its unecessary :) GL guys.

Edited by blackmarket
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, blackmarket said:

But no, always come forum warriors to argue that its unecessary :) GL guys.

ok, how many times you actually try to approach guy sitting with shop? if the guy is in hurry to sell something or is up to immediate negotiation - he is usually shouting as well = you can just click the name in chat, other way pming is literally waste of time and you should go for e-mail either way

also there is shortcut how to get "whatevernickyouhaveintargetatthismoment so you dont have to write it, but yeah, forum warriors at its finest (tho dont ask me which one it is, i just know it exists)

3 hours ago, MoDoy said:

Well my bad on one side there, I thought they removed the system message as well. In that way it shouldn't cause any problems for general population.

My second point still holds though - when you have hundreds of shops you can't check everyone if they're online or not. Nice thing about having the offline shop indicator is that you clearly see who's open and worth trying to contact. Back then when there was the offline indicator (aside from the animation cancer part), I sometimes ran through the harbor and when sometimes I saw someone sitting with already a solid price and w/o the mark I thought well screw it, he probably wants to get rid of it quickly maybe if he gives me that like 20% cheaper I can turn it within few days for a nice profit. Now it's just not possible because you simply can't tell online and offline shops apart. But anyway it's not really a major thing, I think we can be super happy about the sleep mark being removed :P