tenkamenka

basic questions about the server

Hi guys! I'm a newbie here. I found the basic informations about the server but I have more question and I'd be happy if someone could answer :) Just some basic thing. Like: how many is the max character lvl, max equipment grade (B or A os maybe S?), are there any p2w possibility (weapon, clothes, enchantment (beacuse I dont like the p2w servers:( )), average player number and thats all for now. Maybe later if someone could answer to me I'll still have questions. Thank you for the answers! A newbie. :) 

1 hour ago, tenkamenka said:

Hi guys! I'm a newbie here. I found the basic informations about the server but I have more question and I'd be happy if someone could answer :) Just some basic thing. Like: how many is the max character lvl, max equipment grade (B or A os maybe S?), are there any p2w possibility (weapon, clothes, enchantment (beacuse I dont like the p2w servers:( )), average player number and thats all for now. Maybe later if someone could answer to me I'll still have questions. Thank you for the answers! A newbie. :) 

hello little adventurer XD. here are ur answers... about max lvl, there is no max lvl... u can lvl up till mobs will let u win EXP, max grade is A(rly expensive atm), and about pay2win... yes u can pay, but not for win. To WIN needs to PLAY!

and the average number is secret XD but there is many ppl around.

GL!

What are the most needed classes at the moment? I want to start, but I dont want to play class which is not needed (or there's more than enough players that have already chosen it) in parties and/or waste hours while searching for one.

Edit: By the way, do you still need books/amulets to learn skills?

Edited by s1lenc3
Additional question

3 hours ago, tenkamenka said:

You will never reach the max level dont worry, the pay part is just like official except you the first client for free. About people here is a screen shot yday thread:

Shot00017.jpg.227a51500cdf26a266246c796b

hey! thanks for the quick answer :) i dont want to pay thats why i asked it beacuse there are so many server where people can buy things and thats why they better than others... i understand so the A grade is the max. But I think I can make it if there is enough material and a dwarf, not just buy from another player or no? And if there is no limit for leveling, what is the highest level that a player can reach in A grade? I saw there are 79 lvl player so I think maybe this is the max. And if you can level up till the mobs let it that means there is 80+ areas like in the original L2? Or the maps is limited for some patch? Which version of the game is in?

23 minutes ago, tenkamenka said:

hey! thanks for the quick answer :) i dont want to pay thats why i asked it beacuse there are so many server where people can buy things and thats why they better than others... i understand so the A grade is the max. But I think I can make it if there is enough material and a dwarf, not just buy from another player or no? And if there is no limit for leveling, what is the highest level that a player can reach in A grade? I saw there are 79 lvl player so I think maybe this is the max. And if you can level up till the mobs let it that means there is 80+ areas like in the original L2? Or the maps is limited for some patch? Which version of the game is in?

Its Classic 2.0 ToI patch currently, this chronicle updates over time and adds new zonez / bosses / mechanics. It's return to the classic gameplay of original chronincles. 79 Isn't the max level, there is no maximum level, it just gets impossible at some point. E.g the exp from 79 to 80 is over double the one needed for 78-79 and as you can see there aren't many 79s.

No getting A grade set is really complicated, even if you get it unsealing it usually a clan effort.

5 hours ago, tenkamenka said:

Just for the record, any server that gets popular is inevitably going to attract adena resellers and thus is going to be P2W to a certain extent... I mean there's auction house where you can buy and sell your stuff for real money, but I don't think many people use it. 

The screen that BlackJack posted is definitely not a common sight, but the online is pretty good, I'd say 1,5k - 2k on average, which is pretty great for a non-Russian project. Despite server being almost 3 years old, you should see plenty of low lvl RB parties in /partymatching as you farm up. The only problem is that you need a bow to get invited into one - if you can't afford it, send mail to "KNOfortune and we'll figure something out.

25 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

Its Classic 2.0 ToI patch currently, this chronicle updates over time and adds new zonez / bosses / mechanics. It's return to the classic gameplay of original chronincles. 79 Isn't the max level, there is no maximum level, it just gets impossible at some point. E.g the exp from 79 to 80 is over double the one needed for 78-79 and as you can see there aren't many 79s.

No getting A grade set is really complicated, even if you get it unsealing it usually a clan effort.

Ohh i see. Btw thats how i meant that there is no max lvl but one point nearly impossible to reach the next. And sry but I dont know what it means "classic 2.0" beacuse I usually play interlude at the past and a little before interlude patch (I dont remember which was it) and if I understood correctly it's not a C3 or C4 or something, the "classic 2.0" is a little different like the original old patches yes? But how big is the map? Is the dinosaur island and kamael island and the following maps in (its just an example) or which version of the map is in? Sry if i annoy you I just want to be sure before I rly start playing here :)

3 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Just for the record, any server that gets popular is inevitably going to attract adena resellers and thus is going to be P2W to a certain extent... I mean there's auction house where you can buy and sell your stuff for real money, but I don't think many people use it. 

The screen that BlackJack posted is definitely not a common sight, but the online is pretty good, I'd say 1,5k - 2k on average, which is pretty great for a non-Russian project. Despite server being almost 3 years old, you should see plenty of low lvl RB parties in /partymatching as you farm up. The only problem is that you need a bow to get invited into one - if you can't afford it, send mail to "KNOfortune and we'll figure something out.

Thank you for the help maybe some point i'll be writing to you :) but what do you mean by bow? So if i'm a mage i dont need it right? And why a bow is so important for a non bow user character?

1 hour ago, tenkamenka said:

Thank you for the help maybe some point i'll be writing to you :) but what do you mean by bow? So if i'm a mage i dont need it right? And why a bow is so important for a non bow user character?

That's just how the low lvl RB parties on classic work - you have one tank and 8 bows, regardless of what you play - healer, buffer, dwarf... Bows only  

but if i just want to play with one of my friends we cant leveling without a bigger party? and a bow is important on a average leveling spot of just at the harder places like cruma tower or Toi?

9 minutes ago, tenkamenka said:

because at that lvl range tanks cant stand for long raid boss hits and healers go out of mp quickly. Later on with songs and stronger passives tanks on do well on mele with help of summoners. Summoners become rb healers cause their mp infinite as long as they resummon recharging pets. So after 55+ most rb partys are meles,

3 minutes ago, tenkamenka said:

but if i just want to play with one of my friends we cant leveling without a bigger party? and a bow is important on a average leveling spot of just at the harder places like cruma tower or Toi?

you can, a bow is a must in lower-mid lvls for getting rb party. but for standard pve just use your standard weapon. you ll do fine

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cyane said:

because at that lvl range tanks cant stand for long raid boss hits and healers go out of mp quickly. Later on with songs and stronger passives tanks on do well on mele with help of summoners. Summoners become rb healers cause their mp infinite as long as they resummon recharging pets. So after 55+ most rb partys are meles,

you can, a bow is a must in lower-mid lvls for getting rb party. but for standard pve just use your standard weapon. you ll do fine

ahh okey i understand it. one last question. what the "rb party" meas? (incidentally you mentioned "Russian project". At the past I played other servers full of russians and i hate it mainly because I cant communicate with them beacuse they dont want to speak english. But this server is not full of russians? That would be good :) ) Thank you for the fast replys and I hope we'll meet each other in the game! Could i search you ingame if I have some little questions? Actually I know the basics of the game so dont worry I'll not write a lot to you :)

1 hour ago, BlackJack said:

You will never reach the max level dont worry, the pay part is just like official except you the first client for free. About people here is a screen shot yday thread:

Shot00017.jpg.227a51500cdf26a266246c796b

That's not an actual indication of the online numbers. The guy who posted it was afk fishing and hadn't restarted like 3 days and his client was bugged, making duplicates of every person there. If you check you can see many people appearing 2 or times because the client is stuck. A simple restart would have made most of the people there vanish.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, tenkamenka said:

Ohh i see. Btw thats how i meant that there is no max lvl but one point nearly impossible to reach the next. And sry but I dont know what it means "classic 2.0" beacuse I usually play interlude at the past and a little before interlude patch (I dont remember which was it) and if I understood correctly it's not a C3 or C4 or something, the "classic 2.0" is a little different like the original old patches yes? But how big is the map? Is the dinosaur island and kamael island and the following maps in (its just an example) or which version of the map is in? Sry if i annoy you I just want to be sure before I rly start playing here :)

Classic is completely new game / chronicle that has nothing to do with the original progression. The hardest zone currently is ToI, Next patch will be Giants Cave/ Zaken / the one after Ketra/Varka.

40 minutes ago, tenkamenka said:

Some key features/tips.

Items can drop when you die from monsters(excluding raid bosses)

Updated client, you can change your key bindings and add key bindings to all your action bars.

There are a number of skills that didn't exist on interlude and were added on later chronicles. You can check them on l2wiki.com/classic (not entirely accurate as it follows official and they're a few patches ahead).

Grade of items goes up to A, at the moment most people use c/b items, A-grade weapons/armors are considered luxury items and are mostly owned by big clans(except for low a grade weapons, but nobody cares about them unless they are overenchanted)

You can join olympiad at level 55, but you will get stomped most of the times as you will be playing with 76+ people, still is a good way to get some money at early levels because you can buy enchant scrolls with marks that you gain each month from olympiad.

There is no Antharas/Frintezza/Valakas/Zaken, Zaken gets added at the next patch(it's slowly approaching), Antharas on a patch that will happen much later and Frintezza/Valakas aren't even included on EU Official(Zaken/Baium levels are 75+)

Best way to farm is to do raid bosses until 60ish. You can look for parties on party matching but at 40+ they don't really accept mage nukers because they run out of mana instantly and they have to hit with a bow. Mages can do AoE farm parties instead on Alligator Island/Enchanted Valley/ABG in order to level up.

Best early game healer is summoner. Most raid parties are looking for summoners because they have infinite mana and can just spam heal for ages. At later levels bishop becomes the best healing class.

Try to find an active clan when you enter the game, you get a passive experience bonus and some other rewards that help a lot, not to mention clan skills.

By leveling up you will begin to obtain rewards such as scrolls that increase experience gain, you should start using these at level 50+ in my opinion, because there aren't many of them to go around, unless you get a clan with a castle(and they are still expensive).

And last, you can start fishing at level 20+. Fishing here is different compared to interlude, you just buy a fishing pole, some standard bait and some fishing shots, you go next to a river and just press the fishing button. Nothing else is needed and you can leave it to afk fish for 24 hours before needing to change your pole. This is a good way to get experience at lower levels without needing to get out of town and it's also a good way to earn money by getting fish and selling them at Giran harbor(the place with the most shops). 

Okay I wrote a lot of things, I can write more but if it's your first time playing this client you should sit and enjoy the game. One last thing I want to mention is that you won't find that many people at level 1-40 because it's really easy to get past these levels. As a result the server may seem a bit empty to you at the beginning since you can't find parties easily. At 40+ that changes and raid bosses are hunted actively, you can also find AOE parties easily at this level with party matching. Good luck and have fun here.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SemenArsonist said:

Some key features/tips.

Items can drop when you die from monsters(excluding raid bosses)

Updated client, you can change your key bindings and add key bindings to all your action bars.

There are a number of skills that didn't exist on interlude and were added on later chronicles. You can check them on l2wiki.com/classic (not entirely accurate as it follows official and they're a few patches ahead).

Grade of items goes up to A, at the moment most people use c/b items, A-grade weapons/armors are considered luxury items and are mostly owned by big clans(except for low a grade weapons, but nobody cares about them unless they are overenchanted)

You can join olympiad at level 55, but you will get stomped most of the times as you will be playing with 76+ people, still is a good way to get some money at early levels because you can buy enchant scrolls with marks that you gain each month from olympiad.

There is no Antharas/Frintezza/Valakas/Zaken, Zaken gets added at the next patch(it's slowly approaching), Antharas on a patch that will happen much later and Frintezza/Valakas aren't even included on EU Official(Zaken/Baium levels are 75+)

Best way to farm is to do raid bosses until 60ish. You can look for parties on party matching but at 40+ they don't really accept mage nukers because they run out of mana instantly and they have to hit with a bow. Mages can do AoE farm parties instead on Alligator Island/Enchanted Valley/ABG in order to level up.

Best early game healer is summoner. Most raid parties are looking for summoners because they have infinite mana and can just spam heal for ages. At later levels bishop becomes the best healing class.

Try to find an active clan when you enter the game, you get a passive experience bonus and some other rewards that help a lot, not to mention clan skills.

By leveling up you will begin to obtain rewards such as scrolls that increase experience gain, you should start using these at level 50+ in my opinion, because there aren't many of them to go around, unless you get a clan with a castle(and they are still expensive).

And last, you can start fishing at level 20+. Fishing here is different compared to interlude, you just buy a fishing pole, some standard bait and some fishing shots, you go next to a river and just press the fishing button. Nothing else is needed and you can leave it to afk fish for 24 hours before needing to change your pole. This is a good way to get experience at lower levels without needing to get out of town and it's also a good way to earn money by getting fish and selling them at Giran harbor(the place with the most shops). 

Okay I wrote a lot of things, I can write more but if it's your first time playing this client you should sit and enjoy the game. One last thing I want to mention is that you won't find that many people at level 1-40 because it's really easy to get past these levels. As a result the server may seem a bit empty to you at the beginning since you can't find parties easily. At 40+ that changes and raid bosses are hunted actively, you can also find AOE parties easily at this level with party matching. Good luck and have fun here.

Thanks mate that help a lot for me! :) I never player this version of the game but I think I'll could learn it :) The archer/rouge/gladiators and any other similar class is good for leveling alone/with my friend or not? Because on the other servers where I played they was not so good just for pvp beacuse they eat a lot of soulshots. One more thing what will be important. Are there class change quest or I get it somehow? Really thanks for the help for everybody! :)

1 minute ago, tenkamenka said:

Thanks mate that help a lot for me! :) I never player this version of the game but I think I'll could learn it :) The archer/rouge/gladiators and any other similar class is good for leveling alone/with my friend or not? Because on the other servers where I played they was not so good just for pvp beacuse they eat a lot of soulshots. One more thing what will be important. Are there class change quest or I get it somehow? Really thanks for the help for everybody! :)

https://l2wiki.com/classic/Classes_in_Lineage_2 , click on the desired class, scroll down and there is detailed guide for the class transfer quests.

35 minutes ago, tenkamenka said:

Gladiators can be strong but they are mostly shit on mass pvp later on, Tyrant is a much better choice, assuming that you can get your hands on some gear. Both tyrants and gladiators deal decent raid damage and can also participate on AOE parties since they have AoE skills(mage AoEs are much better though). 

About Archers, depends on which class. Phantom Ranger is a beast because of this skill https://l2wiki.com/classic/Fatal_Counter_-_Phantom_Ranger which can oneshot people(and mobs ofc), provided that you have low hp. It's like mage cdl but it's slower, but in return it hits way harder. Haven't really touched Hawkeye/Silver Ranger, but they don't have fatal counter so they have to resort to using normal skills. 

About Daggers, it depends. Dagger classes need a lot of items, and most importantly 3rd class + 3rd class skills .Most 3rd class skills are difficult to obtain in this server because you need 31 magical tablets (which drop on TOI high floors). Magical tablets are a pain to obtain and as a result are very expensive. Especially when you need to obtain 31 of them. And the 31 tablets that I mentioned are just for 1 skill. As I said, daggers are very gear dependent, but if you manage to get high-end gear(and hero status) on them you can 2-shot most robe users. That being said, I wouldn't recommend rolling a dagger until you have a high level main that can support your dagger.

Personally, if we are talking strictly about duo exp with a friend, I would pick an archer(PR is the best choice) at the moment, since they are needed for raids and can easily solo/duo exp with a friend on a lot of spots, like outside of aden. If you get your friend to roll a prophet or a wc maybe, he will help a lot while exping. There are a lot of archer parties on the server as well, which means that you can find a constant party with ease. 

Soulshots are barely an issue here, unless you are very new to the game(and low on adena). A-grade soulshots and spiritshots are very expensive, but you won't need to worry about them for a while. B-grade blessed spiritshots are very expensive too, and that's one of the reasons most mages prefer an overenchanted Demon Staff(C-grade) over a B-grade staff/magic sword.

As Blackjack said, you can check most of the classes and the quests on the link he provided. Please note that you can't buy quest items on luxury shop, so you will have to do those quests manually for 1st/2nd/3rd class change. There is also no option to donate for class change, so you are pretty much fucked and will have to do them by hand. 1st class change quests are easy, 2nd class quests are a pain in the ass because you need to do 3 of them and 3rd class quests are like interlude 3rd class, in the way that you have to kill 700 mobs to advance. It takes a while but you can do it solo easily. 2nd class quests are the biggest pain in my opinion, and can also cost a lot of adena(for new players) because of many teleports. There are guides online that help you do all 3 quests at once(at level 39+) and help you minimize your adena expenses. Also you get leveling rewards that give you Scrolls of Escape to specific villages, and those can be used to reduce the costs of teleporting via gatekeeper. One easy way to not have to teleport to Giran is to visit a gatekeeper, teleport to giran harbor(you can do it from all villages and it's free) and just use a scroll of escape once you are there. So you can tell the gatekeeper to fuck off.

That's it, if you need anything else let me know.

Edited by SemenArsonist
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, SemenArsonist said:

Gladiators can be strong but they are mostly shit on mass pvp later on, Tyrant is a much better choice, assuming that you can get your hands on some gear. Both tyrants and gladiators deal decent raid damage and can also participate on AOE parties since they have AoE skills(mage AoEs are much better though). 

About Archers, depends on which class. Phantom Ranger is a beast because of this skill https://l2wiki.com/classic/Fatal_Counter_-_Phantom_Ranger which can oneshot people(and mobs ofc), provided that you have low hp. It's like mage cdl but it's slower, but in return it hits way harder. Haven't really touched Hawkeye/Silver Ranger, but they don't have fatal counter so they have to resort to using normal skills. 

About Daggers, it depends. Dagger classes need a lot of items, and most importantly 3rd class + 3rd class skills .Most 3rd class skills are difficult to obtain in this server because you need 31 magical tablets (which drop on TOI high floors). Magical tablets are a pain to obtain and as a result are very expensive. Especially when you need to obtain 31 of them. And the 31 tablets that I mentioned are just for 1 skill. As I said, daggers are very gear dependent, but if you manage to get high-end gear(and hero status) on them you can 2-shot most robe users. That being said, I wouldn't recommend rolling a dagger until you have a high level main that can support your dagger.

Personally, if we are talking strictly about duo exp with a friend, I would pick an archer(PR is the best choice) at the moment, since they are needed for raids and can easily solo/duo exp with a friend on a lot of spots, like outside of aden. If you get your friend to roll a prophet or a wc maybe, he will help a lot while exping. There are a lot of archer parties on the server as well, which means that you can find a constant party with ease. 

Soulshots are barely an issue here, unless you are very new to the game(and low on adena). A-grade soulshots and spiritshots are very expensive, but you won't need to worry about them for a while. B-grade blessed spiritshots are very expensive too, and that's one of the reasons most mages prefer an overenchanted Demon Staff(C-grade) over a B-grade staff/magic sword.

As Blackjack said, you can check most of the classes and the quests on the link he provided. Please note that you can't buy quest items on luxury shop, so you will have to do those quests manually for 1st/2nd/3rd class change. There is also no option to donate for class change, so you are pretty much fucked and will have to do them by hand. 1st class change quests are easy, 2nd class quests are a pain in the ass because you need to do 3 of them and 3rd class quests are like interlude 3rd class, in the way that you have to kill 700 mobs to advance. It takes a while but you can do it solo easily. 2nd class quests are the biggest pain in my opinion, and can also cost a lot of adena(for new players) because of many teleports. There are guides online that help you do all 3 quests at once(at level 39+) and help you minimize your adena expenses. Also you get leveling rewards that give you Scrolls of Escape to specific villages, and those can be used to reduce the costs of teleporting via gatekeeper. One easy way to not have to teleport to Giran is to visit a gatekeeper, teleport to giran harbor(you can do it from all villages and it's free) and just use a scroll of escape once you are there. So you can tell the gatekeeper to fuck off.

That's it, if you need anything else let me know.

Really appreciate it man! You're the best! ;) Do you know maybe that are there Hungarian players on the server?

24 minutes ago, tenkamenka said:

Really appreciate it man! You're the best! ;) Do you know maybe that are there Hungarian players on the server?

I don't really know, I've met a lot of Greek people and a lot of Slavic people. Also a lot of South americans. To be absolutely honest, I haven't met any Hungarian people, other experiences might differ though.

19 minutes ago, SemenArsonist said:

I don't really know, I've met a lot of Greek people and a lot of Slavic people. Also a lot of South americans. To be absolutely honest, I haven't met any Hungarian people, other experiences might differ though.

Ok maybe later i try to ask someone else. Thanks again for everything! :)

26 minutes ago, tenkamenka said:

Ok maybe later i try to ask someone else. Thanks again for everything! :)

One more thing. Which tank do you recommend? I dont know which one will be good. I had a dark avenger and I loved it but I think about a shilien knight too.

53 minutes ago, SemenArsonist said:

One more thing. Which tank do you recommend? I dont know which one will be good. I had a dark avenger and I loved it but I think about a shilien knight too.