Sign in to follow this  
kevilicious

Invokation

Any talks about getting this amazing spell for healers in classic? So we can stop always wanted ES for healing? I think ES healing is broken on classic and needs to be nerfed. While giving healers a boost in relevance. Healers need to be able to... well heal well on raid boss fights at lower lvs. Invok was an amazing ability that would allow healers keep healing. 

Also help Bishops be relevant on mid to low content. 

i dont think you are getting away with this suggestion here, if 1 skill is added to some class, other classes will come and want old skills as well, so thats why admins dont touch this kind of balancing

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MoDoy said:

i dont think you are getting away with this suggestion here, if 1 skill is added to some class, other classes will come and want old skills as well, so thats why admins dont touch this kind of balancing

I have nothing to add on this, tks

On 9/7/2018 at 2:03 PM, MoDoy said:

Why should that stop them from adding skills and spells? Clearly the classes are broken and not meant to be played like their designed classes. Aka healers can't heal and ES are main healers. That seems broken regardless of how people think. 

3 minutes ago, kevilicious said:

Why should that stop them from adding skills and spells? Clearly the classes are broken and not meant to be played like their designed classes. Aka healers can't heal and ES are main healers. That seems broken regardless of how people think. 

thats maybe at 40 lvls, try to heal with ES on 76+ pvp and you will see how "broken" it is to run 2 summoners as healers instead of BP+EE/SE

as i said, if they touch EE/SE, they have to touch every other class which will ask for old skills and that will bring huge imbalance

2 hours ago, MoDoy said:

thats maybe at 40 lvls, try to heal with ES on 76+ pvp and you will see how "broken" it is to run 2 summoners as healers instead of BP+EE/SE

as i said, if they touch EE/SE, they have to touch every other class which will ask for old skills and that will bring huge imbalance

So healers should be terrible until end-game? That's horrible gameplay mechanics right there. At least make healers relevant for start/mid levels. 

1 hour ago, kevilicious said:

So healers should be terrible until end-game? That's horrible gameplay mechanics right there. At least make healers relevant for start/mid levels. 

EE/SE is needed for AoE parties as rechargers, BP is not needed, but every pt which has in mind end-game takes bishops for AoE as it helps to not die or they know BP will become necessity on higher location AoE/pvp

yes, those are game mechanics, just because healers arent better than summoners on raid parties or parties which kill 1 by 1 (arguably summoners were better healers when we were farming 1 by 1 in loa with archers), doesnt mean its wrong, its just some classes are better in 1 situation, some classes are better in other one, thats how this game always worked, you cannot have class excelling in every aspect (except tyrants, that class is broken, rlly )

17 hours ago, MoDoy said:

EE/SE is needed for AoE parties as rechargers, BP is not needed, but every pt which has in mind end-game takes bishops for AoE as it helps to not die or they know BP will become necessity on higher location AoE/pvp

yes, those are game mechanics, just because healers arent better than summoners on raid parties or parties which kill 1 by 1 (arguably summoners were better healers when we were farming 1 by 1 in loa with archers), doesnt mean its wrong, its just some classes are better in 1 situation, some classes are better in other one, thats how this game always worked, you cannot have class excelling in every aspect (except tyrants, that class is broken, rlly )

That isn't fair Modoy. Just because people know a class WILL be good in the future should never be a reason to bring them into a party. They should be relevant and needed by the party in the first place. When did Summoners be able to resummon their pets with full mana like this? I never remember seeing summoners being able to spam heal like this without mana worry. Was this a classic change? If so that's the thing. When they changed it, where were all the healer outrage? Where was this backlash? The defending of healers? 

It seems like to many non-healer mains are trying to defend a healing class. Just because most of you here can box and level easily your healers doesn't mean newbies and new players have that same luxury. I think it would help some new healers who want to be more relevant when they start the game until they eventually realize they are useless. Afterwards most probably quit the class and play something else. Idk about you but I want more active healers playing...

Edited by kevilicious

2 minutes ago, kevilicious said:

That isn't fair Modoy. Just because people know a class WILL be good in the future should never be a reason to bring them into a party. They should be relevant and needed by the party in the first place. When did Summoners be able to resummon their pets with full mana like this? I never remember seeing summoners being able to spam heal like this without mana worry. Was this a classic change? If so that's the thing. When they changed it, where were all the healer outrage? Where was this backlash? The defending of healers? 

It seems like to many non-healer mains are trying to defend a healing class. Just because most of you here can box and level easily your healers doesn't mean newbies and new players have that same luxury. I think it would help some new healers who want to be more relevant when they start the game then eventually realize they are useless until much later and probably quit. Idk about you but I want more active healers playing...

when it happened? the moment ncsoft decided to give more levels to boxer unicorn and cat the cat after lvl 40, so their recharges stayed relevant because they are close to summoner level and the moment they made it possible to resummon pet during combat. neither of those were possible in past chronicles, thus it wasnt abused, but once again, you think people played summoners in past because mirage the unicorn was OP? no, they played it because they knew once they get magnus they will be able to solo locations like PI and make sh1t tons of money. you think daggers were relevant in gracia final leveling phase? wrong. thats why each dagger cp had destro in party which did whole leveling part, just so daggers become useful late game and carry party in pvp.

L2 always worked this way, nothing new, its just some changes were done to classes, thats all

21 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

when it happened? the moment ncsoft decided to give more levels to boxer unicorn and cat the cat after lvl 40, so their recharges stayed relevant because they are close to summoner level and the moment they made it possible to resummon pet during combat. neither of those were possible in past chronicles, thus it wasnt abused, but once again, you think people played summoners in past because mirage the unicorn was OP? no, they played it because they knew once they get magnus they will be able to solo locations like PI and make sh1t tons of money. you think daggers were relevant in gracia final leveling phase? wrong. thats why each dagger cp had destro in party which did whole leveling part, just so daggers become useful late game and carry party in pvp.

L2 always worked this way, nothing new, its just some changes were done to classes, thats all

Using other classes flaws is irrelevant. We can talk all you want about the problems other classes faces but right now lets keep it about healers. 

L2 always worked this way? Well ever since they changed the combat re-summon ability it completely changed everything summoners do while leveling in classic. Like any video game with abilities, if you make a change it will shift the balance. I understand this, and I figured healers having the ability to regain mana a bit wouldn't break the game like summoners infinite mana. 

My question to you Modoy is why are you so hell bent on defending the infinite mana thing? Is there a high level farming I am not aware about that utilizes this? Why can't summoners play summoners as a DPS class as they were intended? Or am I wrong? Were summoners always meant to be main healers with infinite mana?

3 minutes ago, kevilicious said:

Using other classes flaws is irrelevant. We can talk all you want about the problems other classes faces but right now lets keep it about healers. 

L2 always worked this way? Well ever since they changed the combat re-summon ability it completely changed everything summoners do while leveling in classic. Like any video game with abilities, if you make a change it will shift the balance. I understand this, and I figured healers having the ability to regain mana a bit wouldn't break the game like summoners infinite mana. 

My question to you Modoy is why are you so hell bent on defending the infinite mana thing? Is there a high level farming I am not aware about that utilizes this? Why can't summoners play summoners as a DPS class as they were intended? Or am I wrong? Were summoners always meant to be main healers with infinite mana?

yes, it changed everything they do until level 77, after that they finally get summon which could be called real summon, not the pleb mirage or soulless or kai the cat, those are really sh1tty ones, thats why people level summoners as mages with infinite mana

just to surprise you, in future updates (not the next one but one after that), summoners 1st class nukes (blaze, twister, aqua swirl) are getting power boosted, so the power of those nukes are same as prominence, hurricane, hydro blast, so not only they will have strong summon, banes and other stuff, but also transfer pain while they nuke as strong as mages.

summoners werent meant to be healers with infinite mana, but for sure they were meant to be some kind of secondary healers (understand as in past they were doing banes and helping a bit with healing while controlling their pet).

why not to add skill like invocation? if admins decide to add invocation because healers need it to manage their mp better and be more relevant, then i will insist that they will add blinding blow to AW/PW, TH kept dash while they removed only speed buff from other 2 daggers, which made them almost impossible to play without speed potions in this star wars mage meta where mage 3 shots you before you even manage to come to 1 of them. and imagine after that other 29 guys from other 29 classes will come and ask for some old skill for their class and whole balancing stuff will go into sh1ts  

11 hours ago, kevilicious said:

you can check past suggestions on forum. There are plenty of them. Most of classes lost several important skills they had in the past. There are suggestions to give back blinding blow to daggers, to give back pain of sagi to PR, to give back trance to ee, fear to sps, doom crusher to destro, bring back old evasion system, hawk totem on tyrant etc. This topic was discussed plenty of times, it always comes to one conclusion:  

- either add all these suggested skills to these classes cos in most case its very logical to add these skills and most of ppl dont understand why these skills were removed

- or dont add ANY skill

How exactly admins are going to explain why they added invocation on bishop but they didnt add fear to sps?. You cant add 1 skill, you add 0 or all. If you add all i think its gonna have bad impact on the server. Server would be full custiom, not even close to official classic, there were several custom features on the server when i started playing here. For example there were no assassin transforms, there were additional support summons (queen cat and seraphim), with reuse reduction and crit buff for pt, fatal counter with reduced dmg. After some time ppl realized that custom features are not what ppl want and most of custom changes were removed(support summons remained but theis party buffs were removed). Ppl even debate to remove giran harbor trade zone because they want it to be official- like. Most of ppl who want to play on low rate, are looking for f2p server which is as close as possible to official, and with low number of bugs. In long run server would die if you make it full custom because not many ppl would join this server.

Ppl like Modoy are not against specifically your idea. There is some logic it it and it might be good change in general. Ppl are just against adding any custom features because it would start some kind of "customization snowball", so many ppl here are against any custom changes.

Edited by Rizos
  • Like 1

You cant add skills because u mixing up chronicles.

While buffs are different stuff(but i dont like them adding as well)

Thats why we have some tank buff, pony buff and so on.

But asking for class changes and skill change are the core gameplay of any MMORPG. 

I simply don't get it. I'm used to MMOs listening to their player base and making changes where they saw would make a positive impact even if a few hardcore fans would QQ about it. They realize that the larger play base would like these changes and improve the quality for not only hardcore but new players alike. 

I just think its silly to say we shouldn't change something because everyone else would want change. Uhm duh, they will always want change. Don't worry about it. As developers find what you think is the most crucial changes and do them. If a few people QQ so what? If they decide to not change anything for healers than.... oh well. My life will go on. 

I mean they will make class changes in the next update. Should you all argue they make 0 changes because other classes that get nothing good should be mad and yell at them? Doesn't this sound silly?

1 minute ago, kevilicious said:

But asking for class changes and skill change are the core gameplay of any MMORPG. 

I simply don't get it. I'm used to MMOs listening to their player base and making changes where they saw would make a positive impact even if a few hardcore fans would QQ about it. They realize that the larger play base would like these changes and improve the quality for not only hardcore but new players alike. 

I just think its silly to say we shouldn't change something because everyone else would want change. Uhm duh, they will always want change. Don't worry about it. As developers find what you think is the most crucial changes and do them. If a few people QQ so what? If they decide to not change anything for healers than.... oh well. My life will go on. 

I mean they will make class changes in the next update. Should you all argue they make 0 changes because other classes that get nothing good should be mad and yell at them? Doesn't this sound silly?

they make class changed to pretty much every class while they are balancing classes as whole, thats the difference, adding invocation to healers is adding and boosting just 1 class

10 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

they make class changed to pretty much every class while they are balancing classes as whole, thats the difference, adding invocation to healers is adding and boosting just 1 class

Okay so that's the thing. I am okay with adding it in with the changes to all classes. I am not expecting the change now. Just hopefully throw in my thoughts for next updates in the future. :P

33 minutes ago, kevilicious said:

Okay so that's the thing. I am okay with adding it in with the changes to all classes. I am not expecting the change now. Just hopefully throw in my thoughts for next updates in the future. :P

for example in future EE will have BoE and SE will have mass recharge, seems fair to me

26 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

for example in future EE will have BoE and SE will have mass recharge, seems fair to me

We will be playing Bingo in nursing home while they add it on our lovely club

• Haha 1

Just now, Rip said:

We will be playing Bingo in nursing home while they add it on our lovely club

well, you can go for boe even now, no need to wait for update 

oh wait, i forgot you dont have EE in setup  

Edited by MoDoy

1 minute ago, MoDoy said:

well, you can go for boe even now, no need to wait for update 

oh wait, i forgot you dont have EE in setup  

PR is for pussy

Sorry @Stiba007 i didnt want to insult you 

@Rip Oh Sweetie, dont worry, u cant insult me. I hope that u had nice dreams and not nightmares from it.

@kevilicious Everything is possible here. Just dont give up it.

GMs resumed deleted epics jewels for one stupid boy. He didnt give up, he cried 10 long days, he screamed like little girl that he left server if they didnt send him it back. He got it back. 

BUT i think, that you need just adapt on Classic and u find ways like play easy without invocation. Its not so hard.

4 minutes ago, Stiba007 said:

GMs resumed deleted epics jewels for one stupid boy. He didnt give up, he cried 10 long days, he screamed like little girl that he left server if they didnt send him it back. He got it back.

Did they x-ray you too many times when you were a kid? What does this have to do with the topic now?

5 minutes ago, Anytime said:

Did they x-ray you too many times when you were a kid? What does this have to do with the topic now?

11 minutes ago, Stiba007 said:

Everything is possible here. Just dont give up it.

Rumours say Stiba was never a kid , Stiba was created in a lab with the most perfect DNA of human beings. 

Some of his powers include faster fingers of l2 in universe , ability to spawn and command an army of ponies , skill in virtual money negotiation and collection , superior eyes that can see every chat in discord server , supersonic hearing (using it to hear the cries of his enemies).

Sadly he also came with bugs (as all prototype models). Like , limited vocabulary that includes only words  "greedy, cry, boy, autistic , joke" , swallow understanding of word meaning like "Restart" to which even now he thinks it means "PVP".

As the most advanced "human" in the world Stiba dislikes everyone else.

After this failure philanthropic organizations are demonstrating in every major city of the world to stop the DNA creation of humans , which seems that will be the downfall of humanity.

Edited by Yomana
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Yomana I love it like my words stuck in your minds. ? 

Btw. For almost 3years, u never tryed go fight with me 1vs1. Are you sure about pvp? Your pvp style 1-2pt vs 1 farming DA was always awesome... 

52 minutes ago, Anytime said:

What does this have to do with the topic now?

I know it, nothing, my dear fan Mr.Joke needed my attention.