Sign in to follow this  
Nosgaroth

New player looking for some insight

Hello everyone, after years of not playing L2 I decided I'd check out my old addiction. In the past I played on various server, but almost always as a SK.

Now I am excited to start anew and am looking to play either SK, Pala or SE. Before I roll something that is going to be useless in the long run I'd like some feedback on the need for these classes.

I will be doing mostly PvE and probably leveling with a group but I'm open to PvP if it's needed for the clan.

SK is top choice, cuz it's super easy top lvl in pt's, solo, and also imba pvp char.
But cuz of that, this char does not give you any challenge at all.
Pala is for crazy fans, and SE is easy to go and find farm pt/solo and which is the best -  easy to find CP.

Welcome;)

Edited by Reddish

Thanks for your point of view, I didn't want to box anything at first so I can meet some people. Guess Pala is out of the question as I'm not fanboy enough to play it.

Never knew SE was even half decent as a solo farmer.

2 hours ago, Nosgaroth said:

Hello everyone, after years of not playing L2 I decided I'd check out my old addiction. In the past I played on various server, but almost always as a SK.

Now I am excited to start anew and am looking to play either SK, Pala or SE. Before I roll something that is going to be useless in the long run I'd like some feedback on the need for these classes.

I will be doing mostly PvE and probably leveling with a group but I'm open to PvP if it's needed for the clan.

SK is best choice especially for solo and party exp. You have solo dps, you can pull trains in party. Class is very strong on pvp and usefull in almost every aspect of game.

SE is good class but kinda out of meta right now so its pretty hard to find cp. It cant rly exp solo efectively and about party exp im pretty sure you can find party but not as easily as with sk

Paladin is out of meta pick, i would say the worst out of these 3.

I recomend Sk by far over other 2.

1 hour ago, Nosgaroth said:

Thanks for your point of view, I didn't want to box anything at first so I can meet some people. Guess Pala is out of the question as I'm not fanboy enough to play it.

Never knew SE was even half decent as a solo farmer.

SE solo exp is a royal nightmare, don't start it unless you have some people to play with or you're ready to make your own parties. The server population is pretty good but most people are at higher levels, which means you're going to spend a lot of time just lurking around rather than exping if you're not willing to make your own parties. Also 20-50 leveling is done mostly through RBs, for which you'd also have issues looking for party since summoners are the main healers there.

Out of the 3 that you mentioned I'll just be the third one to suggest SK. Red and Rizo did a good job highlighting all the reasons.

Take SK Bro ... or Consider to pick DA as well since its easiest solo exp due to very high panthera dmg....

Tank is very good choice for classic bcouse not in as normall L2 every singe party wants You.... AoE party, You can solo easy, and most important every single Raid party needs You, and raids are fatsest way to get exp b4 lvl 60. 

Thanks for all the responses, you all make a lot os sense. I'll be going for the SK, and possibly make an alt once I get to know this server better. 

I am really liking the positive feedback so far ^^ thanks people 

11 hours ago, ObiVanKenobE said:

unreal prices of spellbooks for SK ) unreal chance of drop )

It's all kind of crazy random. Sometimes u drop it from first mob, sometimes u waste few weeks;)

It's like farming tablets, our pt was lucky once and got 7 tablets per prime (3-4h). But it was only once:D