Sign in to follow this  
Azurion

Bishop guide

Hey everyone, I decided to get back on old school L2 and try out a class I never had the chance to play back in the day, a bishop. Sadly I do not already have a cp or friends playing, but I don't mind, I'm here for my own fun, besides I can always meet new people in game - even though I can't really be available for prime times. Question is, how do I manage to level a bishop? I know I won't be welcomed to aoe parties, but I at least want to believe that occasionally TOI groups may pick me. What about solo though, how can I make it as effective as possible? I've searched the internet but most guides are really old and not of much help for 2.0 classic. 

PS: Yup, I'm pretty well aware I could make an elder to level up faster and then reroll to bishop, but come on I wish to live the experience of a true bishop leveling, no matter how long it'll take. ?

Edited by Azurion
  • Like 1

Well answer is obvious, it's hard af solo especially while not having any people around. But sure, you can wander around, keep pushing yourself even if it will be slow and by the time maybe you will find proper people to play with. I think that later at like 55-60lvl maybe you can even make parties on abg/fom raids, if nobody will take you to their pt and that might grant you an option to level up yourself. About solo, i knew only bishop that was soloing having SE on his back and just farming with Might Of Heaven. Later on, you might even get parties for GC or DI, maybe even eariel for TOI.

I made 1-70 in 1 month as solo bishop when I first started here, nothing special if you are the kind of person to take the initiative to create a party room for Aoe. Unless of course you are one of those who just wait for others to do things for you :P

29 minutes ago, Sensei said:

I made 1-70 in 1 month as solo bishop when I first started here, nothing special if you are the kind of person to take the initiative to create a party room for Aoe. Unless of course you are one of those who just wait for others to do things for you :P

And they actually joined your party? Why ?
I meeaaaan, what does a bishop even do in aoe? I won't take "heal" as an answer since it's barely needed and an elder can take good care.
Or maybe it was because the server was still young (assuming you didn't start now, 4 years after opening)

Edited by Azurion

29 minutes ago, Azurion said:

I meeaaaan, what does a bishop even do in aoe? I won't take "heal" as an answer since it's barely needed and an elder can take good care.
Or maybe it was because the server was still young (assuming you didn't start now, 4 years after opening)

He organized them. It's now about class, it's about social thingy.

• Like 1

Thank you for your answers! Although I would still like a little guidance for those times when soloing will be inevitable. Mainly I would like to know what gear I should use and in which areas. I've read stuff about battle prophets (even though I'll be a bishop, but I'm assuming it works similarly?!), but it's not very clear to me. Some say duals+light, others say root+bow, yet these are things I read on old l2 forums, nothing about classic unfortunately.

Edited by Azurion

well advantage of battle prophet against bishop is that battle prophet has buffs . i play SE and even SE buffs cannot be really considered REAL buffs so  when i go solo i ussualy drag prophet box behind me. 

i use +12 grace dagger with othell 8, bw light , +4STR/-5Con dye and iam able to kill farcrans quite easily without need for stigma (sometimes i use it,but much more often i just throw in might of heaven instead ) ,but i think stacked gear makes huge difference. it propably doesnt really matter if u use duals or dagger , but overenchanted stuff with good othell is pretty much must. otherwise u will be killing single mobs like 13s. its quite chill ,but not really something which gives u xp :D . no experience with bow so cannot rly comment on that

I also tried to main a Bishop and if you have lots of time to wander around ingame looking/organizing a party it can be less painful, but if you looking for some casual play don't do it because you'll end up rerolling because no one will take you to exp and you will logout without doing nothing.

Of course everyone wants a 70+ Bishop, but getting there is the hard part. If you play with some friends since the beginning to help you go for it, you'll enjoy a lot.

4 hours ago, Azurion said:

What Reddish said. Just like irl, people often want someone not necessairily to follow, but someone to lead the action. I quickly max'ed WIT for highest res possible, something that along other things pushed everyone to fr/inv me for whenever they died, which I didn't see as a chore, since it also offered me insta-invite to xp parties every time I logged. 
If anything, I notice that supports who otherwise have it hard, end up being the links of networking.

Edited by Sensei