AxelJose

Searching for the names of some lore characters from Lineage II

I remember watching those Lineage II trailers with the elf decades ago and they were from the greatest things back then, they still look wonderful even now. I tried to search the names of some characters but could not find them on the wikia for some reason, mainly the iconic female elf from the trailers, i watched it like eight times but i can't tell what her name is, Yverlenn? Ithelenn? Also the names of the dark elf female and the main character, i mean the human with the brown hair

Best name for chars is Stiba and im absolutly unprejudiced.

I saw that 2 toxic bastards are playing with nicknames Stiba and Stiba007 and i swear on Modoys nonexistence god, that im not playing these chars.

Only few people know lore about this "c00L" nickname. 

• Haha 1

if you believe god i believe in does not exist, who am i to judge what other people believe in as long as that makes them happy 9_9

On 2/8/2020 at 7:52 PM, AxelJose said:

I remember watching those Lineage II trailers with the elf decades ago and they were from the greatest things back then, they still look wonderful even now. I tried to search the names of some characters but could not find them on the wikia for some reason, mainly the iconic female elf from the trailers, i watched it like eight times but i can't tell what her name is, Yverlenn? Ithelenn? Also the names of the dark elf female and the main character, i mean the human with the brown hair.

one of the elf females from lore was "Luellin", but i dont think its this one you are looking for from videos, as she was oracle and healing non-combatant class, but maybe its worth for you to check at least that little lore which is left on l2 wiki (tho they have only written from prelude until C3? something like that ;) 

If you're referring to this one, she's called Elcardia. You meet her in 7s quests at Gracia. 

d65ed5370cfadaaaed73a1dd484ec7e7.jpg

Edited by Fortuna
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Fortuna said:

If you're referring to this one, she's called Elcardia. You meet her in 7s quests at Gracia. 

Are you actually reading the quest windows in lineage 2 you fucking nerd? Do you have absolutely no self respect?

On 2/10/2020 at 5:36 PM, SemenArsonist said:

Are you actually reading the quest windows in lineage 2 you fucking nerd? Do you have absolutely no self respect?

I actually read quest windows in Lineage 2...image.thumb.png.d993dcbd9c93e691e8481cf8ee65847d.png

On 2/10/2020 at 6:20 PM, Fortuna said:

Actually it's ELCADIA.

'm not sure if you're referring to these guys here. In the video description her name is wrongly stated, the dark elf is Shiken and the human is Kain.

Edited by Ovid

Oops, should’ve been more clear: my translations are for the Interlude trailer only. I assumed OP meant that as well—Interlude, Grand Crusade, and Daughter of Shilen/Age of Splendor cinematics are the only ones with character names (that I know of, there could be more).

in Interlude, we have four of the five main  characters given names (except the delf female with a ponytail). In DoS we get Kain, Shilen, and Elcadia. Grand Crusade has Kain van Halter, Giselle, and Etis van Etina. (kinda curious why so many humans named Kain, because they’re obviously not all the same person—there’s several in the lore as well. Maybe a popular naming convention after their Creator? Like, Elves might name their daughters Eva. Idk)

I feel like there might be more cinematic names I missed, but this is what I have currently.

*also, I keep thinking the Interlude and Oath of Blood delf females are the same person (same ponytail/outfit etc) and the light elf female in both, though wearing different clothes, is also the same person idk

Edited by runamukcamper

2 hours ago, runamukcamper said:

Oops, should’ve been more clear: my translations are for the Interlude trailer only. I assumed OP meant that as well—Interlude, Grand Crusade, and Daughter of Shilen/Age of Splendor cinematics are the only ones with character names (that I know of, there could be more).

in Interlude, we have four of the five main  characters given names (except the delf female with a ponytail). In DoS we get Kain, Shilen, and Elcadia. Grand Crusade has Kain van Halter, Giselle, and Etis van Etina. (kinda curious why so many humans named Kain, because they’re obviously not all the same person—there’s several in the lore as well. Maybe a popular naming convention after their Creator? Like, Elves might name their daughters Eva. Idk)

I feel like there might be more cinematic names I missed, but this is what I have currently.

*also, I keep thinking the Interlude and Oath of Blood delf females are the same person (same ponytail/outfit etc) and the light elf female in both, though wearing different clothes, is also the same person idk

Could you please share the link of that Interlude trailer? I think I don't know it.

after their Creator? Like, Elves might name their daughters Eva.

Shilen created the elves from water. Eva was the goddess of music and poetry. After Shilen's demise, they made Eva the goddess of water and the elves started to worship her instead. At that time, Shilen was already the goddess of death/destruction and created the underworld, and got trapped in it by her mother Einhasad.

Edited by Ovid

6 hours ago, Ovid said:

Could you please share the link of that Interlude trailer? I think I don't know it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CsNutvmrHIA

I couldn’t find the one with the Korean subtitles I’d used, but it’s out there :)

as to Shilen/Eva, I should have pointed out *light elves* not dark might use Eva as a name, as she might not be their creator but she is their “patron goddess” so to speak. Not sure if dark elves would use Shilen as a name with how much they hold her in reverence, but they do use variations (Shiken? I guess?) This is all speculation though, which I like to do a lot.

• Like 1

I vaguely remember it. I have no idea what's the story behind it. I only read the "legend" on the official site, before it got shit with Goddess.

Yeah, they really messed up with that. At least Juji managed to save some of the lore here.

I do wonder how many of the cinematics were meant to be connected, like using the same characters. Granted, they could just be similar race and hairstyle and I’m reading too much into it...But that’s part of the fun.

11 hours ago, runamukcamper said:

Yeah, they really messed up with that. At least Juji managed to save some of the lore here.

I do wonder how many of the cinematics were meant to be connected, like using the same characters. Granted, they could just be similar race and hairstyle and I’m reading too much into it...But that’s part of the fun.

I never thought they were linked. They all just seemed to be promo material-type cinematics.

I am so sad that this game has gone to shit, from a player perspective. Because, from a dev perspective, they still make money out of the P2W part.

And hate all you want, but my favorite was truly H5 chronicle. They could've improve so much upon the imbalances, instead of introducing Goddess.

I really think there will be no other MMO like Lineage 2. I have tried several, and none scratched that itch. Maybe in another life.

Edited by Ovid

I have no particularly strong feelings about or experience with H5, considering I never really got into L2 until Fafurion. Kinda wish I did though with any of the pre-GoD stuff, considering I’m a lore bitch. 

And yes, the potential was there and they’ve tried (not very hard, but they tried) to bring back those glory days with the remaster. Sadly that too fell down NCSoft’s dark pit imho. Not gonna touch that with a ten foot pole though. But even then, there’s an MMO born every minute, they say lol. There might  still be something for you!

On 8/1/2021 at 10:59 PM, runamukcamper said:

I have no particularly strong feelings about or experience with H5, considering I never really got into L2 until Fafurion. Kinda wish I did though with any of the pre-GoD stuff, considering I’m a lore bitch.

Actually, after C4, there wasn't too much of a lore. I mean, on their site (pre-2012) there was a section with the lore. Most people might remember the "Legend". 

But after reading the Legend, there wasn't too much information revealed about the events in C5, Gracia, etc. Maybe some quests offered something; all I can think of is the 7 Signs chain quests, but other than that, you'd have to really scour the internet for information about, let's say, the Kamael. 

Other ways one could learn about the world was by making the Baium, Antharas, Valakas, Frintezza, Freya quests. Or from 3rd Class and Noblesse quests.

I read on some site that they (the kamael) were created by the Giants, to be God-killing-machines; and that's all I can recall.

Other info I have is that the "Seal of Shilen" (Forbidden Gateway, near the Cemetery of Aden) is where Shilen will come into the world. It's a gateway of some sort, guarded by one of her generals. Again, very old memory from the far reaches of the internet.

As you said, the potential was there, but it was missed in favor of more money making I guess.