Sign in to follow this  
Glom

Unconventional Prophet

You give that +7 speed way too much credit. You will not outspeed anything because you are still a human mage.
Stick with BW light, if you manage to get +8 set (yes, they exist if you ever get there) you will get some good bonuses, including your beloved speed boost (+4).
If you really don't wanna heal your party, you can still kite/root frontliners but purification song will make it mostly a waste of time and MP.
That's how the game is right now.
For tankiness +4 con +8 wit is acceptable.  If you go less wit, your healing capabilities will take a massive hit (casting spd/crits of heal).
Which is also why I would pick BW over Doom (ALSO stuns are more common than root/sleep).
Bow/Melee setups outside are not even worth discussing, go for 1-handed magic weapon and shield.
Cheers.

Edited by Sensei
  • Like 1

Hey I'm at the same spot as you! Recently switched to main a prophet, and am also looking into gear alternatives like heavy armors, con dyes etc.
After some tests and thoughts, I "may" have decided to go for doom heavy and +12 wit, not sure about rune yet, maybe casting speed. Prophets are probably the most "under-used" class as an active, so I thought to myself: "if I'm gonna be a useless active PP, I may at least be a living, useless, active PP".
Doom offers good health pool and defenses that BW light doesn't - fact that allows you to go full wit dyes on Doom, and not give up any of it for +con, like the case of BW L. Personally I would like to keep some sustainability in my group when it comes to healing, so I'm definitely looking to keep that M.Crit from wit, yet since I am not the bishop, I don't feel the need for the extra casting speed of BW L. And don't worry about the debuffs, they are already fast enough.
As for weapon, if I do decide to go for the Doom set, it will certainly be sword+shield - make good use of doom shield passive.

Edited by Pakarti

Sorry, I gotta be honest with you. Just quit already. "running around and debuffing everyone and getting caught by none". uhh i mean... 

Your experience on playing a Prophet will most unlikely be a bed of roses. Not for this client version, not on this server.

pretty much what nansey said, times when SR could go full +CON and get away with it are LONG gone, now its too late to make from prophet something which it isnt

BW light set, doom shield, 1h sword, +8 wit+4con or full +12 wit, when fighting with party with 80 lvl sws, first 2 minutes of fight you want to help with healing/buffing things canceled by crusher/mystic immunity/block shield-ww (as those skills get canceled even through puri) , after 2 minutes you can switch to debuffing root/fear/even more block ww-shield as it gives debuff now and reduces stats even more, if you play against party without purification song, you can go for roots even sooner, tho i dont think it will be insane landrate but you can try it

Guys u missed the point where he said he wanna be nuker DD. He said he dont wanna heal coz he would go for bishop so do he would for OL If he would like to be debuffer. So my suggestion would be demon set +6 or more (for defensive and other start stats), +12 int (dunno if pp can have such tho), soes +10 (fuk shield), and some epic items and you gucci to go. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JzOo said:

Guys u missed the point where he said he wanna be nuker DD. He said he dont wanna heal coz he would go for bishop so do he would for OL If he would like to be debuffer. So my suggestion would be demon set +6 or more (for defensive and other start stats), +12 int (dunno if pp can have such tho), soes +10 (fuk shield), and some epic items and you gucci to go. 

he said he doesnt want to go for nuker DD, what you do on your summer break that you forgot to read @_@

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1