Sign in to follow this  
WingsOfFury

Idea for Patch 1.5

Hello, i was thinking that it would be great if Beast SoulShots would be added with patch 1.5. It would bring summuner class back to life. :) What do you think guys ?

• Like 1

pet shots will not come on 1.5 tho ive been talking with koll about this, and we will find out some way of bringing more usefulness and something extra for the sumoners classes.

Next update should contain hunting zones like EV for 60+ not only zones for full party, even tho party farming is great idea on L2C, but classes that dont work in aoe re non playable. Should also contain pet soulshots coz classes depending on them re non playable.
This will bring to life classes like summoner, dagger and some other that re not most welcome on aoe party if they have place/resources for their farming mechanics.

We know why pet shots re not implemented from very begining. At begining they would be very big advantage over other classes, bcoz when some other class need spend adena for gear, all class with summon need is pet soulshot and his healing skills, they dont need to gear themselves.

But now when we re few months from server start and everybody doing great, its not so hard to gear urself in top C grades, pet soulshot wont be such big advantage vs other classes, and can bring life to the game by more characters being fun to play.

But if its immposible, then it need atleast bring some other hunting zones like EV but for 60+ characters, with lower defense and hp xx than the zones for full party.

• Like 1

We know why pet shots re not implemented from very begining. At begining they would be very big advantage over other classes, bcoz when some other class need spend adena for gear, all class with summon need is pet soulshot and his healing skills, they dont need to gear themselves.

​Its kind of sad, because right now. The only way to play summoner is to be under geared. Else you'll lose agro and get 2 shot by a mob that soulshot crits you.

My top c duals are sitting at +0. My dual sls swords are in my warehouse collecting dust. 

I don't even turn power supremacy on anymore or use haste pots.

I think when spirit sharing is implemented. I will have to remove the buff from myself and only leave it on my summon. lol.

​Its kind of sad, because right now. The only way to play summoner is to be under geared. Else you'll lose agro and get 2 shot by a mob that soulshot crits you.

My top c duals are sitting at +0. My dual sls swords are in my warehouse collecting dust. 

I think when spirit sharing is implemented. I will have to remove the buff from myself and only leave it on my summon. lol.

​So u re telling me that mob lose agro from pet anyway? So my info about advantage over other classes at begining of server is not correct. Summoner got to be as well geared as other classes otherwise he got killed. So atm he has to earn gear himself and still lack pet ss :(
Ive been testing human summ with crystal dagger + summon. Human (low STR) with full buff deal more dmg to mob from crystal dagger than summon full buffed :/

I saw warlock farming bloody queens 2x faster than archer (with prp 56 buffs) so i dont think summoners are unplayable

I saw warlock farming bloody queens 2x faster than archer (with prp 56 buffs) so i dont think summoners are unplayable

​True, its just the whine a lot of some players...

​So u re telling me that mob lose agro from pet anyway? So my info about advantage over other classes at begining of server is not correct. Summoner got to be as well geared as other classes otherwise he got killed. So atm he has to earn gear himself and still lack pet ss :(
Ive been testing human summ with crystal dagger + summon. Human (low STR) with full buff deal more dmg to mob from crystal dagger than summon full buffed :/

​+str -dex seems to be the way to go.
Kai the cat has the best patk of all the summons (also has reflect). Unless its bugged. (which i have no way of checking)
I compared them all on the PTS. But yeah it sucks. Kai the cat is definitely the best summon since they nerfed shadow's VR to shit. 

Untitled.thumb.png.75af711aa1bd0e6fa55ae

​Archer solo/duo bloody queens? wat. Archers should definitly not be soloing 6x mobs...

Please elaborate. 

Playable != Viable. 

I assume it was that supremeQ guy? He leached in aoe parties until he was like 60ish.
But Ill check it out 'how good it is' on the PTS.

Only other high level summoner I can think of besides myself is zuk. 

edit: went on the PTS and tried it. Not impressed. 
Hes level 64 killing green mobs. His summon is level 66 killing level 60 mobs. 
Theres no other mob to kill at his level, besides the one inside LOA, thats the only reason why hes there. 

You spend most of your time pulling the mob, and rely on binding cubic to land. If you pull 2 mobs. Rip your mana.

Also I still pulled agro from my summon.

Hes an outlier. Nothing else. 

Oh i though u re Zuk :)

Anyway. Yeah, all VR is nerfed very hard on meele classes its not only Shadow summon passive. U can buff shadow with VR + shadow passive VR and its almost nothing. VR u can see only on mages (sick).

Summoner killing Bloody Queen faster than Archer is some kind of rumors, i was testing both on test server full buffed, Archer way stronger, more possibilities coz he dont waste whole mana to heal pet and need to sit after.
Anyway we talk bout long term. Archer is welcome in archer party, summoner is on his own, hes not interested in killing solo bloody queens, either archer should not, but archer find group for killing those, summ wont. Not hiding, summoner to play needs boost or hunting zones for him, coz he opposite to archer ill always be alone. Or theres a chance when pet ss occur there start forming meele parties like summ+dagger+other meele thats not welcome in aoe party. Atm summ is out of that idea coz he brings imho nothing to such pt.

Oh i though u re Zuk :)

Anyway. Yeah, all VR is nerfed very hard on meele classes its not only Shadow summon passive. U can buff shadow with VR + shadow passive VR and its almost nothing. VR u can see only on mages (sick).

Summoner killing Bloody Queen faster than Archer is some kind of rumors, i was testing both on test server full buffed, Archer way stronger.
Anyway we talk bout long term. Archer is welcome in archer party, summoner is on his own, hes not interested in killing solo bloody queens, either archer should not. Not hiding, summoner to play needs boost or hunting zones for him, coz he opposite to archer ill always be alone. Or theres a chance when pet ss occur there start forming meele parties like summ+dagger+other meele thats not welcome in aoe party. Atm summ is out of that idea coz he brings imho nothing to such pt.

​this.

No I play during NA time, zuk plays during EU time. Mad props to him tho, highest level summoner that hasn't leached in aoe groups 40+ afaik. The guy is a robot lol. 

He was a lot faster, supremeq guy. Mb couse he is 5 levels higher, but it seems that he has no problem leveling. I often see zuk in same place - bloody queens / loa. And he is in party with tank/bd or some more ppl - but he is playing and leveling. 

The ugliest thing about no beast shots is that mobs reagro to you instead of summon. Isnt the damage you inflict sufficient to gain ok exp? 

P.S. Archer solo bloody queens suck pls add no mana cost double shots, bitches drain mana hard:)) 2 bw glove craft failed need more keys! #sarcasm #nohate

SUPERMAQ just using mage nuke from 35 lvl to kill mobs. All summoners can play like this, but not all have cat to refill mana... SUPERMAQ just summon new one when it needs, so it looks like warlocks are the fastest class in solo lvling here... till 64.

If u wanna feeling fine with PS just find BD/AW (another dagger) for duo party... Maybe BH works too. Classic not for solo players... All solo exping here will be worse than parties. U have to understand and accept it :D... At least u need 2 ppl party for faster exp till 64. The fastest exp i got with duo BD and AW in EV (Lili/Fline Elders, Trents) but after 62 there is only few places to exp: EV (Unicorn/Satyr Elders/Treants) - unreal with those 24/7 aoe parties, DV (Blood Queens, Cave Maidens, Cave Keepers), LOA... For any of those spots better find 4-5 ppl party. EV still will be fine with duo (BD/AW). With BD u have to heal a bit, and AW - tank with summon. It's all :)

BTW: we had faster lvling inside CT than aoe parties. Pretty sure it still works for higher lvl locations. My party was Pala, BD, PP + PS. Now it's Pala, BD, AW, Gladi, PP + PS. PP + BD and your summon will land 1500+ crits about. The highest one was 1892 on Maluk Soldier. I guess it's a reason pets dont need soulshots yet... If u dont wanna get agro from mobs, just let your summon do one first hit before atacking. Never had problems with it... Healing Potions works too :)

BTW2: Pretty sure there still no another classes who will lvling faster than any summoner with selfbaffs...

I'm not a robot... 5-6 hours per day... =)  and sorry for my english :D

pet shots will not come on 1.5 tho ive been talking with koll about this, and we will find out some way of bringing more usefulness and something extra for the sumoners classes.

​How about 2.0 update? In that update ncsoft added pet soulshots :)

Don't play summoners, just reroll them to SWS and pm me for invitation in our team =)

More details in Recruitment Section !

Don't play summoners, just reroll them to SWS and pm me for invitation in our team =)

​Why I shouldn't play as summoner? It's like to say don't play as SWS...

as i said before on the 1.5 there will be not pet shots yet, but me and koll are running some possiblities about the sumoners.

we will find some way that will not increase sumoners power as for itself, but increase his usefullness in a party so this way parties will not be so turned out from taking a summoner in party. and in some cases they will even look for a specific summoner class depending on what kind of party they are and on what they want to do.

main goal, increase summoner classes usefulness without turning them into solo monsters.

as i said before on the 1.5 there will be not pet shots yet, but me and koll are running some possiblities about the sumoners.

we will find some way that will not increase sumoners power as for itself, but increase his usefullness in a party so this way parties will not be so turned out from taking a summoner in party. and in some cases they will even look for a specific summoner class depending on what kind of party they are and on what they want to do.

main goal, increase summoner classes usefulness without turning them into solo monsters.

​Sounds like a plan... would be awesome and summoners at last will be involved in partys activity (PVE, Raid hunting wise) :)

​Sorry for using your topic for that, I'm just doing my PR here brother. xD

​What way are you looking for guys ?! I can name at least 3-4 other classes which are not welcome in parties or not as much... Are you going to make more compromises with these classes as well ? 

QQ Bishop/PP/SE/EE cannot solo now lets get some extra benefits.... ridiculous rly 2 guys cry all day all long, now we looking for ways to please them

​Sorry for using your topic for that, I'm just doing my PR here brother. xD

​Slave :P

Summoners are more than playable... have no idea what all talking about... And it's useful enought with any melee (not aoe) party. Just like SE, EE, Bishop and PP....

The problem is i havent seen here parties like this. It's about 2-3 parties maybe.

with the changes i have in mind, the summoners will not become stronger, they will only make the party more efficient in different situations and different setups. it basicly it will not be a boost for summoners, it will be a boost for some of the weaker party set ups but that will come with the sumoner, its hard to explain without revealing more info then i want for now, but i believe u guys will understand later when u will see it.

just notice summoners will not get stronger, they will only help party being better, and make some not so strong setups being usable again in a comfortable and competitive way

Guys summoners are made for solo play, why do you want so bad to put them in parties.

I have a friend cat 60+, he is more then happy with his class and he plays from day one.

Good day! Don't know if it is possible here to ask a such questions, but I'd like to propose a little enhance the class Temple Knight. I really like this class in the game, but he's one of the rarest classes in L2. Maybe you could give him what may be a some passive skill for pve that does not upset the balance in pvp and facilitated a solo game for this class? Thank you for your hard work and great server!