Sign in to follow this  
Titurel

No Classic

Hello, I wanted to expres my concern about this server not being much of a classic server. Two days after I started I already had a lvl 24 palus knight and scavenger, and a lvl 20 cleric, and had about 4kk adenas in equipment and matts. Now i'm making 1kk every hour and a half. If classic was meant to revive those old hardcore l2 times this is far from it. On early chronicles you had to work your ass out to get just 100k in day, now I could make 8kk in the same period of time. The nectar event is just too much, you can get 50 nectar in an hour or less, at a sale price of 13k, you can earn 650k in an hour. Well, just my thoughts about it, maybe i'm wrong and the server is not meant to be hardcore. In spite of this I have a positive overall opinion of the server. 

I wanna Buy a SOES And its cost 100 kk +++ (example) so That adena you are talking about is Nothing you are just low lvl on a allrdy grown Up community so chill and keep adena you will need them

• Like 1

Event won't last forever, so better stop using forum and farm now while you can :D It's almost 1 year alive server, it's normal big players buying nectars like chips Im doing that too.

You've got a point there; back on 1.0 it was really as you were saying - old school hardcore, 100k a day was a rich man's success and using shots for a farm was a dream... However you need to understand it's not for everyone. Many people were getting so frustrated with lack of adena some of them started leaving, because it was simply too hardcore. And you need players to keep the server up in longterm.

So you need to find a compromise - on one hand you had group of players who can potentially leave because it was too hardcore, and on the other hand you have the classic hardcore players who don't mind the lack of adena, but simply won't leave if you make it a bit easier for them with extra adena. So it was pretty simple decision for devs to make when they increased the arena around the 1.5 patch :)

• Like 2

Hello, I wanted to expres my concern about this server not being much of a classic server. Two days after I started I already had a lvl 24 palus knight and scavenger, and a lvl 20 cleric, and had about 4kk adenas in equipment and matts. Now i'm making 1kk every hour and a half. If classic was meant to revive those old hardcore l2 times this is far from it. On early chronicles you had to work your ass out to get just 100k in day, now I could make 8kk in the same period of time. The nectar event is just too much, you can get 50 nectar in an hour or less, at a sale price of 13k, you can earn 650k in an hour. Well, just my thoughts about it, maybe i'm wrong and the server is not meant to be hardcore. In spite of this I have a positive overall opinion of the server. 

​Imagine that 1.3 update brought x3 drop, and w.o deleting that u would have 15kk at first day ;p

w.o deleting?  What is it?

​w.o admins afford to turn off this "feature" within 24h.

u re grammar nazi or what was that question @Phoenix ?

​I could not understand that such a W.O.

Thats great how you do on low lvls but I think you will see real grind at 60+. Check server top lvls, in top 50 is lvl 68 or something after year of play :)

You weren't here on 1.0 bro when we were farming 9 people an x1 mob almost with bare hands.

When poison and flames where top pve skills xD

This is the true Classic.

• Like 1

You weren't here on 1.0 bro when we were farming 9 people an x1 mob almost with bare hands.

When poison and flames where top pve skills xD

This is the true Classic.

We cant make 9 ppl party back then :ph34r: It was much harder cause we had party bug. Only 7 ppl can be in party :D

• Like 2

1.0 is the real "early game" classic. I spent 2 months playing everyday (as a random wc) to get 40, now you can do it in 2 weeks!? and this is why classic is perfect to me, because you can get everything which I have in much less time, so you have the chance to fight against the older players. just enjoy and get the top levels faster. ;)

Back In 1.0  I press Exit game lots of times when i had 1 death a lost like 10% 
when reaver pked everyone at the  entrance of Dv and the only spot was to aoe at portas with full cruma w8ing 1 hour to get a free slot at a pt
farming sorc 43 lvl with devotion and a mid D grade weap ;)

• Like 1

w.o deleting?  What is it?

​w.o admins afford to turn off this "feature" within 24h.

u re grammar nazi or what was that question @Phoenix ?

​I could not understand that such a W.O.

​Haha, u still don't know i guess "w.o" means "without"

He wake up on 45-60lvl, some random high lvl come to him and he was pked. :D

Last evening, some high lvl randoms from ally Vigalence make  me on pk -30% for 15min on 57lvl :D. After my clan regrup and we kick ass iDee and other noobs by Unicorn on other side EV where unicorn has spawn, 25min later we kick these noobs again. We catch enemy with Ishka on port to DV and we hunt it around cata Apostate. 

Pls fix RB and chill out boys from top clans. :D Its funny, we kick ass enemy with same lvl as me, 30min later Big girls +65lvl hunt us.

You've got a point there; back on 1.0 it was really as you were saying - old school hardcore, 100k a day was a rich man's success and using shots for a farm was a dream... However you need to understand it's not for everyone. Many people were getting so frustrated with lack of adena some of them started leaving, because it was simply too hardcore. And you need players to keep the server up in longterm.

So you need to find a compromise - on one hand you had group of players who can potentially leave because it was too hardcore, and on the other hand you have the classic hardcore players who don't mind the lack of adena, but simply won't leave if you make it a bit easier for them with extra adena. So it was pretty simple decision for devs to make when they increased the arena around the 1.5 patch :)

I know, it just doesn't feel gratifying when you accomplish some goal. I got my briga set and my revo sword with a 2 day farm adena and it was like.. MEEH. I've played some other classic server some time ago and just geting a bronze set was glorious! I feel like that sense of accomplishment has been lost. I really don't get that people who leave the server becouse it is "too hardcore", I mean what's "too hardcore"? It's a relative thing, if you are having a hard time trying to get a mid no-grade equipment then everebody is dealing with the same issue. If you multiply the rates by 3 then you will have the same issue but with C-grade equipment / exp. I.e. now I have to get to lvl 55 to get some sense of accomplishment, e.g. geting a top B grade weapon. to sum up by increasing rates you are only transfering low-grade / lvl issues to higher grade / lvl leaving a big hole in the game as no low-NG / D / C equipment is used. 

I'd argue that's part of the point there. They didn't want to complete eradicate the 'hardcore' part, they just wanted to move it a bit further so people have time to 'adapt'. 

Problem was when people who've spent a major part of their playtime lately on e.g. high five servers where - even if they're 1x - they get top NG, top (common) D and C grade basically for free and they rush to 40s 50s in no time, and then they try it here and can't even properly kill a mob because they can't afford soulshots. But when you give them a helping hand in the start they have time to get used to simply not getting everything they want... Which they can later start seeing as a positive thing :)

I know, it just doesn't feel gratifying when you accomplish some goal. I got my briga set and my revo sword with a 2 day farm adena and it was like.. MEEH. I've played some other classic server some time ago and just geting a bronze set was glorious! I feel like that sense of accomplishment has been lost. I really don't get that people who leave the server becouse it is "too hardcore", I mean what's "too hardcore"? It's a relative thing, if you are having a hard time trying to get a mid no-grade equipment then everebody is dealing with the same issue. If you multiply the rates by 3 then you will have the same issue but with C-grade equipment / exp. I.e. now I have to get to lvl 55 to get some sense of accomplishment, e.g. geting a top B grade weapon. to sum up by increasing rates you are only transfering low-grade / lvl issues to higher grade / lvl leaving a big hole in the game as no low-NG / D / C equipment is used. 

​this is the truth of classic, what you want i already feel it at 1.0, it was so hardcore that i will never forget, i can guanrantee  you that classic servers you mentioned is nothing compared to what i had been experienced in that 3-4 month, but its gone and you will never have a chance to play 1,0 anywhere.

Classic is now just a brand, its what NCsoft want, and actually not so many players can cope with this kind of hardcore, there are many aspects that you still haven any chance to know, how level impacts in pvp for example, if your clan war got 3 levels higher than you, then when you see him comming, pls just PR or bsoe or relog, the chance of winning for you is very slime. So if you only wanna play with mobs then, yea, this classic is just so easy, but if want some serious play, some competition, some satisfy from winning a pvp fight, you have to make friends, have to find a constant party, a team, a clan, a community. And this is an advice for you, if you still wanna keep this "easy" feelings, call some friends to play with you, soon you wont do many thing alone anymore

• Like 2

Do u understand that this happens because top clans helping peoples so CAstle sieges would be more and more bigger. U will start playing game when pvp starts, and to reach that u need to farm. Yes thats the biggest problem. And when u join some clan your exp slows down.

get that sword that u have +10 or something if u think adena is not a problem.