Sign in to follow this  
FryderykChopin

[POLL] The 'conflict of interest' with the new H5 server

The 'conflict of interests' poll  

52 members have voted

1. 1. If L2Classic Club opens a new low rate High Five server in January '17, will you consider moving there?

• No, I will stay on Classic
    • Yes, I may consider moving on the new High Five server.

So as many of you probably already noticed, there's another low rate High Five (probably) coming in January next year. As you can say from the responses in the announcement thread, people have very mixed feelings about it. But anyway there's this one thing that caught my attention:

We picked HF chronicle - to be interesting for the people, but stay as far as possible from Classic, so no conflict of interests will occur. 
People, who loves Classic, will never play on chronicle such as HF at this point. So no peoples movement from Classic to HF are expected.

​I'd like to figure out if that's true. I kindly ask you to be as honest as possible in the poll; fanboys or haters won't help anything, this is purely informative.

There are many BIG h5 servers starting lately ( not gonna advertise), so ppl who prefer h5 than classic already moved/gonna move there, therefore in my opinion there wont be big migration from x3 classic to new H5 server in January, but this new server gives big chance to this projecto to bring fresh blood and organised clans and more ppl are gonna get informed about such a good project existence.

There are many BIG h5 servers starting lately ( not gonna advertise), so ppl who prefer h5 than classic already moved/gonna move there, therefore in my opinion there wont be big migration from x3 classic to new H5 server in January, but this new server gives big chance to this projecto to bring fresh blood and organised clans and more ppl are gonna get informed about such a good project existence.

​Well if its gonna work that way +1 from me.

I dont know how to feel about it.

1st its bad idea, coz we can lose players on classic
2nd its good idea, coz we honestly dont know how long will be Classic developing. Europe off classic is already dead, Russian is ok, but its russian and messy, Korean is full of bullsht. If koreans get finally bored of their pay 2 win they will stop playing, and classic creators will stop making new updates, and dunno where it will stay, every classic patch is making classic more complete, but 2.0 is not yet best, need way more patches, dunno if they will be ever released, so H5 is good backdoor plan, mostly if its going to be official files.

Ah, my bad wisdoms, hehe

And ofc this vote pool has no sense. Coz u ask forum users 1/4 of community on server - active ppl on forum re mostly ppl that care about classic, try to create it, so ofc they vote that they stay. U dont know about 3/4 of other ppl, that can potentialy be lost with opening of h5

and how long stays H5? Doesnt matter x3 x5 x7 x12. How long? MAX 3 months. Yep asterios is different thing with good idea, but because everyone has ++++ gear there, there are no mages only fighters.

Still classic gives global server feeling when u always have to reach something and wait for something, while H5 is well know chronicle, where russians rush, sell items, go next server. It's money making, nothing more.

HF will be just another usual server for jumpers, aka people that will come and go once they've seen it all again after 3-4 months.

the only problem is that it will steal some of the new potential players that could have joined classic instead, and may make other people migrate from classic to HF unless we get 2.0 before it.

some boosts(exp/buffs/gear) should be applied to characters below lv 40 in classic too, otherwise most newcomers won't come and stay around here with the current rates.

HF will be just another usual server for jumpers, aka people that will come and go once they've seen it all again after 3-4 months.

the only problem is that it will steal some of the new potential players that could have joined classic instead, and may make other people migrate from classic to HF unless we get 2.0 before it.

some boosts(exp/buffs/gear) should be applied to characters below lv 40 in classic too, otherwise most newcomers won't come and stay around here with the current rates.

​i dont see whats all the drama about the extra exp and buffs for new comers considering on 2.0 they will have academy system where they will have the 10% buff from clan + theres allways at least 1 light castle for 3 % extra. + they will have buffs from CH and most likely there will be allways some clan member online who can buff them.

+ since they will have CH they wont loose so much exp when they die and so on. once again, you guys tunnel vision in one point and do not look around.

and most likely they will even get some money from it cuz clan leaders will proly giving away some form of payment for academy chars.

Edited by San0

you rly gonna force me using the magic word?!?!?!? hum?!?!? hum?!?!?

ok...

here we go...

get ready...

SOON!!!

jokes aside, somewhere between here and end of December xD

we had some plans with some very important date about to come but in a realistic way i dont think it will be enough time to finish everything before that big day so... QQ

• Like 1

I personally don't see any problem with opening another server if it  has nothing to do with Classic. 

If admins would announce C4 or interlude, it would be a veeery bad idea. But HF... Completely different game, game style, everything. 

Let's look at our Classic. 

People are coming, people are leaving. But we are still playing with a great amount of players. And no matter if Hf server will open here or somewhere else, if people will want to leave, they will. 

But in this case, if they still wanna leave, they will stay with us, will be constantly updated with classic info and prolly will get back to classic.

It's a great that admins are thinking about growing, would be weird if they wouldn't tbh. 

And you are making (or trying to) drama out of nowhere, but not surprising, people here are known by doing so 

• Like 1

Well I've played for bunch of years on bunch of different servers and if I know anything, is that when some project decided to open similar rates or slightly faster server after the old one has been running for >1 year, it usually never ended very nice. Doesn't matter whether it was LR Interlude -> LR H5 or LR H5 -> MR Interlude, some people are naturally attracted to fresh server where they can progress faster.

Though the poll numbers look somewhat good atm so there's that. :)