Sign in to follow this  
xero11

brand new player to game.. Questions :)

#1: is this game needing alot of real $ to play? (pay2win?? type of thing?)

#2: which is best classes for new player main? maybe best most wanted support/healer?  also which not needing real $ to play good? (was thinking main??: warcryer/shillen elder/overlord, or an magic dps caster)

#3: is there skill respec? and how

#4: the Buff Set (buff scrolls) , able to buy ingame somewhere with the Adena ? or are these like new player item only

#5: is dual boxing a must? 

#6 Middle mouse button... how do I disable this from 180'ing camera view?.. (I use middle mouse button for my VOIP)

any other general new stuff let me know ty

Edited by xero11

1. $ helps but u can be competetive player without stending a cent. You kust need to find good group, else you need to spend a bit $ for premium to box support.

2.haha funny, i wanted to exacly suggest you se/wc/ol. They dont depend on items, are interesting, needed and good classes. Dont need to donate anything, just find good constant party - wont be hard on such class.

3. I dont understand what you mean.

4. You cant buy it with adena. Only with $. You can get limited amount of them from time to time from events. Not many ppl need/use them anyway. You can also buy donate coins (col) for adena and buy scrols using these cols (at nostalgia npc next to every gatekeeper npc) but these are pretty expensive.

5. Dualbox is must for most of solo players. If you wabt to make support class you will find party easily and you dont need to dualbox (dualbox is important for ppl who play damage dealer clases)

6. Search in game oprions 'system' pad or smth. The option is called "disable initialize button" or sometging smilar- not sure tho if its the thing ypu are looking for

• Like 1

#1 It's L2 is as pay to win as any other version of game. :-D

#2 Play what you like, 2.0 is coming soon to our server maybe you wanna look around for some videos about 2.0 cause many classes with change alot.

#3 There is a class change service for admin. Look up for change class service in forum.

#4 Buff scrolls are not tradeble you get some when you start in starter pack.

#5 Dual box requires Premium Account (PA), to make PA you need either 30 CoL(Coins of luck) for 7 days PA or 100 CoL for 30 days PA you can buy in npc nostalgia in game.

#6 Dunno about that feature. :-D

#7 most epic classic server EU with a nice comunity. Hope you enjoy our server. hope to see you in game. ;-)

• Like 2

6.) i dont think there is option to do that, maybe u could try to bind your mouse wheel button to something different and use that different kye for VOIP, but other than that i dont see it happening

14 minutes ago, Baluu said:

#7 most epic classic server EU with a nice comunity. Hope you enjoy our server. hope to see you in game. ;-)

+1

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baluu said:

#2 2.0 is coming soon to our server (...)

9_9

1. This server is not pay2win in any means. You can play without spending real money and take pleasure from it. You just need to remember that this is Classic and it's a lot harder than on "modern L2" servers. 

2. The best class is that, which you will like to play. Every character is better or worse in some aspects, one are a lot harder than others, but still all is definied by your playstyle. if you will get a good clan, there should be not problem with parties. No matter what class, you will find a RB if only you have a bow. For sure I can propose dwarf character as second char for making adena.

5. Playing without dualbox is possible. For small money you can buy buffs from high lvl PP in giran harbor (free teleport). It takes few minutes, but you will get a lot better buffs that from some dualbox. I'm playing a spoiler, close to 40 lvl. No dualbox and there is no problem with exp. And spoiler isnt a better EXPer (?) than other melee clases. So you can play without dualbox, its need just a little more adena spending.

That are just observations of low lvl player, who started not so long time ago.

thank you for all the positive feedback and support , .. so I want to play a support/healing class .. also something that will not/ does not require dual boxing , Shillen elder or something I was looking into?.. but I was told the Shillen elder is also most people boxing so its not needed in group or something ?  if so which class best active playing healing/support for caster groups that is not boxed then? or is all groups just all dmg casters with no healer/support in group? 

Edited by xero11

1. Buying a weapon from the AH at level 40 can help you , but not for long.

2. If you want to play a support right now i'd pick elemental summoner. in 2.0 you will be transition into DD.

3. no clue what u mean

4. There are some basic scrolls for donation currency but nobody uses the, since the server is very active and people find parties or have/box buffers.

5. Yes if you are a DD solo player. ( this is the only donation you need , a premium account , but later on you can buy it with adena )

6. I saw the option somewhere in keybinds, look it up.

2 minutes ago, xero11 said:

thank you for all the positive feedback and support , I thought I was going to get flamed lol .. so I want to play a support/healing class .. also something that will not/ does not require dual boxing , Shillen elder or something I was looking into?.. but I was told the Shillen elder is also most people boxing so its not needed in group or something ?  if so which class best active playing healing/support for caster groups that is not boxed then? or is all groups just all dmg casters with no healer/support in group? 

Elemental summoner , you dont need recharge when solo farming , your seraphim the unicorn pet provides caster buffs and INSANE mana regen bonus and since before 2.0 you dont have beast shots, its used as a healer in mage parties.

46 minutes ago, xero11 said:

thank you for all the positive feedback and support , .. so I want to play a support/healing class .. also something that will not/ does not require dual boxing , Shillen elder or something I was looking into?.. but I was told the Shillen elder is also most people boxing so its not needed in group or something ?  if so which class best active playing healing/support for caster groups that is not boxed then? or is all groups just all dmg casters with no healer/support in group? 

If i would create new character and wanted to play support, i would choose SE. It is very versitale class, you can get meele party, mage party, aoe party, Its needed everywhere. It has unique skills like empower and stigma which onyly this class has. It can heal, recharge mana, root enemies so they cant move, cure some of debufs. U wont get bored for sure on this class. Its counterclass is Elven Elder. Its healer aswell, with recharge, its more popular in party setups but it doesnt have, so many interesting unique skils. Its easier to find party on Elven Elder tho, because of party return skill. If you want more interesting and versitale slacc, pick Shilien Elder, u will enjoy it for sure. If you want char that finds party easier then pick Elven Elder because its more like meta pick. PPL tend more to box SE than EE because ee has party recall skill and it works on party members so it needs to be in party, while SE can buff EMP, recharge or even heal out of party so ppl prefer to have live EE in party setup and just make SE as a box. Every mage party however needs both EE and SE to have all important bufs.

Edited by Rizos

3 minutes ago, Rizos said:

If i would create new character and wanted to play support, i would choose SE. It is very versitale class, you can get meele party, mage party, aoe party, Its needed everywhere. It has unique skills like empower and stigma which onyly this class has. It can heal, recharge mana, root enemies so they cant move, cure some of debufs. U wont get bored for sure on this class. Its counterclass is Elven Elder. Its healer aswell, with recharge, its more popular in party setups but it doesnt have, so many interesting unique skils. Its easier to find party on Elven Elder tho, because of party return skill. If you want more interesting and versitale slacc, pick Shilien Elder, u will enjoy it for sure. If you want char that finds party easier then pick Elven Elder because its more like meta pick.

thanks! I heard shillien elder most people have for box toon and will be hard to get party ? confused about this because I thought its an active toon... regardless both of these don't require or need buff bot dual box? or does it? and whats warcryer good for ? any worth in caster group? thanks if you know more let me know :0 ..  and yeah I wanted to play shillien elder because its dark elf ^^  or the aoe caster dark elf but requires real $ probably and buff bot...

Problem is in current meta ppl play with setup containing 3 dds + tank/dd +sws + bd+ buffer and 1 recharge. They need both rechargers buffs(in mage party) tho so they dont want to sacrafice 1 dd slot for recharge so they box SE, because they want to have EE with party return in pt. Ull find party easier with EE for this reason. Both of them dont require dualbox. Pick EE if u want to be sure you find party easy. Or pick WC/OL. If u are interested in mage party then Get OL not WC, WC is for fighters. WC is char which can be afk for long time if u want to surf internet while you play l2 :D. He has very good buffs (almost all that fighers need so he is part of almost every fighter party. On exp, he just buff and sit, sometimes sleep some mobs, he doesnt have anything to do cos dont have any other skills for party exp except bufs. He has nice skills for pvp tho and hes very useful there when hes  active. However Overlord has better pvp skils than WC, has lower number of useful bufs tho and is chosen by mage partys mostly.

Edited by Rizos

good active SE in pt is THE DREAM :P it has also big skill base, so to perfect playstyle and to have perfect reaction in different situation on what to do will take some time, but there is no way u can get bored of it ;) 

going for meta pick EE is bullsh1t, but if u manage to be good main SE, u will get recognized and will be asked for pts very easily  (now i want to send greeting to cipka :D too bad u dont have that much time to play, other way i would deifnitely steal u from enemies for my pt)

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

good active SE in pt is THE DREAM :P it has also big skill base, so to perfect playstyle and to have perfect reaction in different situation on what to do will take some time, but there is no way u can get bored of it ;) 

going for meta pick EE is bullsh1t, but if u manage to be good main SE, u will get recognized and will be asked for pts very easily  (now i want to send greeting to cipka :D too bad u dont have that much time to play, other way i would deifnitely steal u from enemies for my pt)

Get off your dirty hands out of our wet Cipka! :ph34r:

39 minutes ago, Kure said:

Get off your dirty hands out of our wet Cipka! :ph34r:

dirty? i need good SE  for my melee cp, so i am definitely taking him, no matter what

You can check recrutment section on the forum(or party maching in the game itself). Usually ppl lf for tank\ ee\bards\bish. Se&Es are offparty chars (they are good but simply no free space in party). OL and warc are CP\clan chars (if u came alone - I would not advise it). Ppl just use pp box instead of live ol\warc. Tanks\sws are most wanted. All support is cheap to equip - they dont need ++weaps and ++sets\jev to perform their duties(adena+drop from aoe farm is enough to equip in low c\b).

so maybe a Bishop ?? they have good mp management? I want to play  a straight up healer/support for group,  I still haven't rolled a toon ive been trying to decide all day lol .. Bishop require a buff bot box??  thanks for the help let me know man

Edited by xero11

I dont recomend bishop. He doesnt manage mana well. Doesnt need dualbox, but its not very desired class for random party exp.. If you want to play bishop, make sure you would have constant party since low lvls.

Edited by Rizos

bishop doesnt have any good skills right now, he will get good things on 2.0  but after 76 lvl

class difficulty in pvp i would say 

SE > OL > WC > BP > EE from the mage supports

Yep, Rizos is right, bishop could have tough time 40l-58lvl, but before 40 its cleric- so no problem to find aoe party and CP recruting their bishes since 50. After 60 they are as a must in prty and CPs\clans lf them.

MoDoy : Bishop has all skills he wanted for - gr battle heal+ max base ress+ mass ress+boa+purify. c1-c4 bishops have no time for other skills.

1 hour ago, kktnxbye said:

Yep, Rizos is right, bishop could have tough time 40l-58lvl, but before 40 its cleric- so no problem to find aoe party and CP recruting their bishes since 50. After 60 they are as a must in prty and CPs\clans lf them.

MoDoy : Bishop has all skills he wanted for - gr battle heal+ max base ress+ mass ress+boa+purify. c1-c4 bishops have no time for other skills.

max base ress, ok cool, that doesnt make the class any more challenging or difficult, same goes for boa, on bishop u have different heals, thus there are bishops who manage their mp better than others, thats why i put it in front of EE, which is 1 button char (Party recall)

the skills bishop has now, u cannot really say how good the bishop plays, i am judging bp skill on how good he can manage cleansing debuffs and decision which one to cleanse, (back in the time was mana burn efficiency/mass blocks, but mana burn isnt comming in 2.0), when is the best moment to use balance heal and those kind of stuff, which can win u pvp if done right, not if u decide to use mass heal or greater mass heal, sick decision making

whoever played bishop must see that there could be much more it could do (and will be in 2.0) than what it has right now

Edited by MoDoy

I like when some ppl suggest to newbie stuff meanwhile they know shit about that themselves...

Mate, first here is short version. DONT PLAY BISHOP.

The longer version is following, aka emo crying experience and pov of one bishop; tl;dr :

At this point of the game its 90% of time literally useless char. 

1) exping: At this point there are two locations which requires presence of bishop. Lair of Antharras (60+) and Blazing swamp (70+). Both cases only in aoe parties. So if you go there single-targeting (archers/small mellee groups/cdl) its useless again. Raid boss parties you can skip , you have almost no buffs and heals there are with current mechanics (jsut bug minions - agro and run and the rest shoots from bow) not needed, so nobody will really invite you.  All aoe locations below 60 are usually done without bishop as well - simply its not needed (usefullness of EE/SE there is much, much, much higher than bishiops). And solo? Yep, you have one nuke but only for undead monsters. Dont worry, there are plenty of undeads in all level ranges but if you go nuke with that nuke you will realize that after 2 minutes you will rest MP for another 10 minutes. Viable combo is duo with SE for that, he will buff you empower, root mobs and recharge you.... and you will jsut kill it but with windstrike (that skil lfrom level 1)  not turn undead (more MP/damage ratio). I even tried melee style solo bish but meh... you are killing mobs for eternity.  If you somehow choose bishop anyway you need to find CP as fast as you can. Or in some cases good clan is enough (as a good clan i mean they invite you to parties even isntead of their more usefull (read it as SE/EE) box) even in low levels. If you deal with all this stuff another problems will appear...

2) playstyle: @MoDoy is particulary right, bishops havent reached their full potential yet. But that doesnt mean they are easy to play (read it easy to play good).. The main problem is MP. The second biggest problem is MP and third MP as well. There are few tricks how to manage that pain, i guess every bishop discover some of them by himself. If you are not carefull you burn your MP literally in seconds (it doesnt matter if pve or pvp) and after that you (and your party) are doomed. 
Also, lot of peoples philosphy is simple "Always blame supports" so if something goes wrong, you are one of the first persons to blame :D Next, life of bishop could be tricky sometimes, you can basicly leech for long minutes but it suddenly appear some yummy situation like tank stuned, 2 ppl paralyzed, 3 ppl sleeping, one afk, two dieing and you have sooo little time to make crucial decisions what to do first, second etc... :P 

3) equip: I dont agree bishop is low-cost char. True is you dont need ++++ weapon necessarry but what other ppl invest to oe weapon, you should invest into armors/jewells. Im starting to have nightmares about 2.0, at that point you will need 4 weapons (which 2 of them should be best possible). So lets sumarize that: +++ jewels (okay, same for all), 2 armor sets (light/robe) (best enchant possible ofc), 2 shitty weapons (MP regen and run speed runes), 2 good weapons (healing power, cast speed runes). As a cherry on top of the cake with all this shit in inventory you dont have much space in inventory cos of weight penalty so every death brings  huge risk of droping items.  GGWP :D 

4) bishops destiny: get ready when you log you will recieve many pms like "come to ress me to xxx pls" meanwhile sometimes they even forget to tell you that enemies are there (so in the end this adventure will cost you some % as well :D )... In pvp you are one of the first targets so you die even 2,3 times before gvg is resulted... Meanwhile in pve if you are lucky you are second one to die (after tank), if not - first one to die (damn, healing causing soo much agro) and ress you will recieve is shitty compared the ress you give your party mates :D Dont get me wrong, i like playing bishop but its definately not for everyone, you have to be carefull about that. Oh and also im not claiming to be some pro so you can expect some flamers will tear this apaprt but w/e.

I would realyl suggest you SE/EE if you want play active healing-kind of support. Maybe more SE thanks to its versatility (even soloing is not a bigh problem and it doesnt matter if mage/melee). Good luck ingame whatever you choose. 

• Like 1

1) true
2) only thing is mana managing, but still like come on, its not really up to bishop (eventho u can make better and worse decisions), but there is no way around if your DD/tank goes leroy jenkins, u simply have to spam that greater battle heal, but as i said, bp is getting really nice skill set in 2.0, so there will be more chance to see good and bad bishops
3)thats kinda over-kill i guess? 4 weapons? u will use 2 in reality, and thats casting speed one and speed one, did u even see the bonuses of those other 2 u mentioned? the mana regen one is the biggest joke in the runes, and healing power wont be prefered over casting speed one, about sets most of the classes need 2 sets at least if they want to be versatile in different situation, so i would say its same costy as any other class in game
4) idk how u play it, but most of the time i see things atm is bishop dying as one of the last guys in pt, because of no nbls mechanics and EE/SE not having mana gain/invoc, so there is literally no chance for rebuffing => straight bursting the DDs down

but overall Kure gave nice insight on bishop, i wouldnt recommend it as well, because it cannot bring anything to solo/duo xp, and even in bigger scale farming its kinda replaceable, so imo best choices u could go for are SE/EE/(or OL if u like mage parties)

48 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

1) true
2) only thing is mana managing, but still like come on, its not really up to bishop (eventho u can make better and worse decisions), but there is no way around if your DD/tank goes leroy jenkins, u simply have to spam that greater battle heal, but as i said, bp is getting really nice skill set in 2.0, so there will be more chance to see good and bad bishops
3)thats kinda over-kill i guess? 4 weapons? u will use 2 in reality, and thats casting speed one and speed one, did u even see the bonuses of those other 2 u mentioned? the mana regen one is the biggest joke in the runes, and healing power wont be prefered over casting speed one, about sets most of the classes need 2 sets at least if they want to be versatile in different situation, so i would say its same costy as any other class in game
4) idk how u play it, but most of the time i see things atm is bishop dying as one of the last guys in pt, because of no nbls mechanics and EE/SE not having mana gain/invoc, so there is literally no chance for rebuffing => straight bursting the DDs down

but overall Kure gave nice insight on bishop, i wouldnt recommend it as well, because it cannot bring anything to solo/duo xp, and even in bigger scale farming its kinda replaceable, so imo best choices u could go for are SE/EE/(or OL if u like mage parties)

2) It is up to bishop as well, mostly decision on skills/their timing etc. Basicly if you have to use GBH even once in pve means something went wrong. But i got your point, im looking forward to 2.0 as well eventho with my playtime i will get that nice skills somewhere around next summer (ohh and btw WTT 80 lvl skill with EE :(
3) not really. Idk exact mp regen of that dagger but for leech between trains every mp/sec counts i guess.. but its not priority ofc... and about that heal power.. well i would choose it over cast speed in pve like 95% of time so... everyone has its own priorities i guess. I just wanted to denny @kktnxbye claiming about low-cost support char equip. 
4) my experience tells different storry. I guess your pov is too archer-centric where you should burst at least one PR before fight even start... but in most cases situation is very different for me (for example today we had two encounters, first time i died twice (aka first and only target of Dreffmart - stunlock-crit TSS - ggwp :D ) , second just once (and it was only death of us, stiba got luck on DS crit... ffs i am a bit unlucky i guess or skillcritchance is too high? :D )... or mby i just suck in positioning (thats also possibility but for example dreft ran straight to me since beginning meanwhile he met half of pt unnoticed during his rush so idk)...
but i would liek to see noblesse-kind buff scrolls, pvps should be much more interresting after that

Edited by Kure

lets say runes u can "casually" do to lvl 9 (lvl 13 u wont waste for sh1t wep or sh1t rune, coz its quite hard to make them), mana regen rune gives u 1.3 mana regen, healing power is +45 healing efficiency 

both of those are stats from lvl 9 rune (lvl 6 is safe, so maybe not even 9 is so easy to make), so i wouldnt even bother slightly with those

about fighting, i played both archer (SR/PR) and mages (necro/sph) and all the time first targets are DDs, EXCEPT maybe when u play archer, u want your SR to stun-lock healers, but still u burst DDs, because other way u will get smacked hard

Edited by MoDoy