Missavrora

Hello, need a bit of info

Hello guys. I came back from l2 na classic sh1t. Hope here are things better.
Im not a pro in L2 so I need some info. I started to play a dagger, dark elf, it was fun, I was boxing PP, got only focus buff and might, hehe... anyway..

Would u recommend be to lvl up dagger with pp box? how long it will take me? are daggers cool in upcoming update? ( as I saw news, zaken or smth like that 2.0 is coming. ) Will I find clan easy? party? 

Also, thinking going TH. So AW or TH, a bit of info which are better for new uptade and overall. 

Thanks for info.

9 minutes ago, Missavrora said:

Hello guys. I came back from l2 na classic sh1t. Hope here are things better.
Im not a pro in L2 so I need some info. I started to play a dagger, dark elf, it was fun, I was boxing PP, got only focus buff and might, hehe... anyway..

Would u recommend be to lvl up dagger with pp box? how long it will take me? are daggers cool in upcoming update? ( as I saw news, zaken or smth like that 2.0 is coming. ) Will I find clan easy? party? 

Also, thinking going TH. So AW or TH, a bit of info which are better for new uptade and overall. 

Thanks for info.

@MoDoy @Rizos @Poseidon

Maybe our hero daggers could give u more info :D

All i know, now daggers are decent only on higer lvl (78+ with skill focus power/focus death) 

On next patch they will get huge boost

as rip said, before 78 dagger is not worth at all (here is example of how much useless dagger pre-78 can be https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=-4odNGvhUTY), after 78 PW/AW is still bad even if you get focus death, they become somehow playable if you get hero on them, but yeah, thats 3 people on whole server and you gotta compete with biggest china fishes which are fully stacked and gonna do pretty much everything to get those dagger heroes

currently -
pre-78 it goes like this TH>>AW>PW
past-78 with FD its AW>PW>>>>TH

on future updates - next update i would rate AW > TH/PW, in even further updates i would say TH>AW>PW will be a thing, also daggers get boost in next update we should be getting in next few months, and generally speaking since debuff resists will become more and more common, the meta will be switching from control classes into burst classes, so for example warlord/gladiator/dwarfs are definitely not going to see place in melee cp, rather it will be all about daggers/tyrants/destros (classes which are not dependant on CC)

about leveling, i guess faster and more enjoyable would be to lvl up actually SR/HE and then just class change it into dagger on higher lvls (careful dont pick PR as he cannot class change into daggers)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

on future updates - next update i would rate AW > TH/PW, in even further updates i would say TH>AW>PW will be a thing

why is AW best? cuz of bigger damage?

24 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

as rip said, before 78 dagger is not worth at all (here is example of how much useless dagger pre-78 can be https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=-4odNGvhUTY), after 78 PW/AW is still bad even if you get focus death, they become somehow playable if you get hero on them, but yeah, thats 3 people on whole server and you gotta compete with biggest china fishes which are fully stacked and gonna do pretty much everything to get those dagger heroes

currently -
pre-78 it goes like this TH>>AW>PW
past-78 with FD its AW>PW>>>>TH

on future updates - next update i would rate AW > TH/PW, in even further updates i would say TH>AW>PW will be a thing, also daggers get boost in next update we should be getting in next few months, and generally speaking since debuff resists will become more and more common, the meta will be switching from control classes into burst classes, so for example warlord/gladiator/dwarfs are definitely not going to see place in melee cp, rather it will be all about daggers/tyrants/destros (classes which are not dependant on CC)

about leveling, i guess faster and more enjoyable would be to lvl up actually SR/HE and then just class change it into dagger on higher lvls (careful dont pick PR as he cannot class change into daggers)

Thanks for such huge post ! One question. Lets be honest, that dmg difference wont big that huge, like AW will  hit 2.5k other dagger 2k, lets say. AW the slowest, PW is fast, but TH is super fast, especially when u need to reach target. Does that DASH matter so much in pvp or it doesn't make any difference so far? 

3 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

why is AW best? cuz of bigger damage?

1 minute ago, Missavrora said:

Thanks for such huge post ! One question. Lets be honest, that dmg difference wont big that huge, like AW will  hit 2.5k other dagger 2k, lets say. AW the slowest, PW is fast, but TH is super fast, especially when u need to reach target. Does that DASH matter so much in pvp or it doesn't make any difference so far? 

because of hex, thats also one of the reasons why TH will become greater than AW eventually in even further updates when song of purification will be common in every party, then even hex wont be landing, next reason is that TH 79 skill is superior to AW/PW (arguably same power as PWs 79 skill later on when they added full magical evasion to it), but as you said, it has dash advantage over other daggers, which in fact is trully huge in pvps (maybe not now if you are rich and spam speed potions, but they will eventually get restricted to 3 mins reuse and thats where dash will shine)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

because of hex, thats also one of the reasons why TH will become greater than AW eventually in even further updates when song of purification will be common in every party, then even hex wont be landing, next reason is that TH 79 skill is superior to AW/PW (arguably same power as PWs 79 skill later on when they added full magical evasion to it), but as you said, it has dash advantage over other daggers, which in fact is trully huge in pvps (maybe not now if you are rich and spam speed potions, but they will eventually get restricted to 3 mins reuse and thats where dash will shine)

if you would level a dagger which would you level now?

Just now, Pendragon said:

if you would level a dagger which would you level now?

if i knew i will have CP to support me, AW, if i knew i will stick solo, TH

• Like 2

Spent open beta to interlude as a th.  Was some of the most fun iv had with this game.  Pve was a bit lack luster without a decent over enchanted weapon and boss jewels.  Aq was a must. 

And PvP it just boils down to luck on the small scale and if you do any large scale PvP just expect to die before you get on your target.    Alot.  

Maybe where is em, like l2 classic server but x1000045224 rates? So I can try both th/aw at lvl 76 + ? I played all them 3 but it was interlude, different skills, etc.. 

1 minute ago, Missavrora said:

Maybe where is em, like l2 classic server but x1000045224 rates? So I can try both th/aw at lvl 76 + ? I played all them 3 but it was interlude, different skills, etc.. 

you can try, but as i said, dagger is very trashy if you dont have CP/clan support to actually stack you with items, and even then its mediocre at the best

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

What do u mean class change, forgot to ask.  how do I do that? It is donate thing on that server? quest? sub class?

Edited by Missavrora

2 hours ago, Missavrora said:

Would u recommend be to lvl up dagger with pp box? how long it will take me? are daggers cool in upcoming update?

from 40 lvl +12 str dyes, PL set and OE bow. No melee pve style till 73-74. Just you, your bow and pp off party.

dagger are always cool in straight hands.

rest is +- as Modoyko said.

2 hours ago, Missavrora said:

What do u mean class change, forgot to ask.  how do I do that? It is donate thing on that server? quest? sub class?

What Modoy linked + I know it sounds P2W-ish, but it just makes perfect sense on this chronicle. It's either that or buying chars through RMT once you get into lategame and want to remain functional as CP.

Thanks everyone for information, once again. Can someone explain me, why I see daggers, even high lvl with full plate set? not doom light set? Also, why where is 1488 demon daggers in giran harbor, like literally, 1 person sells 10 of them with 10 diffrent acc's, and zero crystal daggers. 

p.s. Only emi or demon staff are +10, others weapons it is hardly to find smth.

1 hour ago, Missavrora said:

Thanks everyone for information, once again. Can someone explain me, why I see daggers, even high lvl with full plate set? not doom light set? Also, why where is 1488 demon daggers in giran harbor, like literally, 1 person sells 10 of them with 10 diffrent acc's, and zero crystal daggers. 

As for the light/heavy armor - evasion is virtually useless on this chronicle, so people prefer that extra p.def which simply performs better in most situations.

As for the DDs... Also curious about that, probably someone stacked up keys/recipes and clicked tons of them... Dunno really

25 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

As for the light/heavy armor - evasion is virtually useless on this chronicle, so people prefer that extra p.def which simply performs better in most situations.

As for the DDs... Also curious about that, probably someone stacked up keys/recipes and clicked tons of them... Dunno really

so save adena on full plate and forget about other sets? ( blue wolf cool also, but expensive ) 

4 hours ago, Missavrora said:

Because heavy sets are still good due to their high p.def and hp(doom heavy, fp++), or sometimes due to other boosts like +7 speed in the case of bw heavy. But suffer more against autoatacks (like from tanks, bards, summons, archers) cause have less evasion.and no critical chance reduction from autoattacks like light armor passive. You ll begin feeling the effects in high lvl with all skills learned. Until then, pl best for pve +12 str -15 con, +bow like pose said. if want also to pvp bw heavy ll do the job.

Do not forget that in the next patch bw sets ll give stun resistance and doom sets root and sleep resistance!

Before you get high level i guess admins ll reopen test server here for zaken so no need to check in other servers. Gl

Edited by Cyane