FryderykChopin

@admins: Let's talk about those mass mails, shall we?

Let me tell you story of Bolek and Lolek.

Bolek is a guy who plays on this server. He actually plays on this server quite often, and because he's enjoying his stay here, he actually donates from time to time to buy himself a nice hat or a death certificate. And since he donates, he's glad that there's a promotion for donation bonus from time to time, and he's also glad that this fact is announced on both forum and site, and usually even ingame, so that there's virtually no reason he can miss it. 

Lolek on the other hand doesn't play here right now - but he used to. The reason why he left is unknown, but he - just like anyone else - gets bored from time to time. And since he still kind of miss this place, he's just waiting for a little push to give it another shot. What could bring him back? Maybe an update to check the new skills, maybe an event to let him farm up and kickstart his comeback.

What Bolek and Lolek have in common though, is that both of them are on the Classic Club's mass mail list. Now let's take a look at what both Lolek and Bolek recieve in their mails:

BolekLolek.thumb.jpg.2461371cd90e61fbea942b1344d36da4.jpg

The GREEN marked messages are announcements of various updates or events. Great news for Lolek! Bolek doesn't care since he's an active player and already know of these, but he doesn't mind them either, as long as they're not being sent too often. What neither of them understand though, is why they recieve two copies of virtually the same mails within the spawn of 5 days. Useful as it is, one reminder is enough.

The RED marked messages, however, provide absolutely zero value for either of these two guys. Bolek doesn't care because even though it could be an important message for him, he already knows of such donation-related bonuses from forum, site and ingame announcements. Lolek doesn't care either, because why should he care about "new donation methods" or a donation bonuses on a server he doesn't even play on? Even if Lolek used to be solo player with a dualbox, so he could theoretically welcome the fact that he can buy PA for 9$ instead of 10$ (he'd much more likely welcome free PA week/ends during events or after update so he can actually try to check in again without having to pay for it), the problem is that:

Both Bolek and Lolek have a limited attention span for mails that don't interest them. If either of them keep getting these mails with no interesting information in them, they're eventually going to unsubscribe from these mails, and the chances of bringing back people like Lolek will become close to zero because he won't hear of actually great news like another update or the upcoming 5 year celebrations.

/shoutout for this mail though. This is probably the only red marked one that I'd let slide for a mass mail because it's legit cool:

guns.jpg.e32f63d21a8271e233a3e66c3f395d7a.jpg

• Haha 1

/bump, again completely unnecessary mass mail. (it's about the gamble thing - for those who unsubscribed already)

Always ask yourselves these two questions:

1) Is it really so important that Bolek (active player) needs to get notified by email of it? Isn't announcing it in game enough? ...and
2) Can Lolek (inactive player) really make anything of it? That is, if he's not playing here, how exactly is this information going to bring him back?

In this case, it's again absolutely worthless information for Lolek (nobody, N-O-B-O-D-Y is ever going to return to a server because he can gamble some real money. Nobody.) and there're plenty of way to notify Bolek other ways. An absolute waste of a mass mail and pointless subsequent un-subscriptions that are likely never going to come back, unless you're going to re-do the mail confirmation after every such pointless mail.

Mass mail only about events, updates and important server informations. 

Edited by FryderykChopin

18 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

Mass mail only about events, updates and important server informations. 

but its new pvp event, so it must be important to announce :d

• Haha 1

@Koll@San0@Kse Two days later, exactly the same mail with a different title. I have no words. What do you expect? That people who left are going to jump back on the server because they can gamble real money? For love of heavens...

I'm not going to waste my time bumping this topic next time you decide to lose more mail subscribers, I just wanted you to know how utterly stupid this is. An absolute mental gymnastics. Wow.

I know I said I wouldn't bump this topic.

BUT!

I made this topic, alright.

Now fast forward 1 month later.

They release new patch...

They release new event...

And instead they send mass mail about this:

mairu.thumb.png.4041feb5a25a119c6b15d68a7e17ef75.png

I have reached the state of a complete literally not being able to even, and thus, I am become the odd.

lqqU_Y7B_400x400.jpg

• Haha 1