Sign in to follow this  
Add1ct

Question for GMs

Hello!
Me and my small group would like to know if it is in some future plan to open a new server,to merge maybe after a long time with the existing one.
We,and honestly most of the ppl that happens to talk to in the several servers rising and falling that we play,would like to play here to find some stability,but at the same time would never join in this specific server,many said also they tried but gave up,as it is too old,and the struggle to reach players that played here for years,not just in terms of levels,that is not the main problem especially for a group, is not considered worth to join a so old server that does not have anyway thousands of ppl.
Im sure you are aware of the large community that would play a fresh new server,so why dont you do it?in the end is money that u can grab.
I read some posts on the forum,and if you wonder why newcomer dont stay,is simple,if they are alone,they go soon bored of an empty world where they can easily be bullied by full items chars,and also generally not willing to spend money ina server they feel empty to have more windows,that you need in classic if you dont play summoner,and competitive groups would hardly start in a years-old server with shining red things around,only a real desperation could bring them here,but i guess as for me and my group,in the end we have more fun playing this constantly changing server that a server like club,i mean in its actual situation,ofc.

So,i just like to have an official response,if it is a "maybe" or a "never",without any drama,so that we can know if we can definitely move forward from hoping that something will happen here.

Thank you

Edited by Add1ct

7 hours ago, Add1ct said:

Hello!
Me and my small group would like to know if it is in some future plan to open a new server,to merge maybe after a long time with the existing one.
We,and honestly most of the ppl that happens to talk to in the several servers rising and falling that we play,would like to play here to find some stability,but at the same time would never join in this specific server,many said also they tried but gave up,as it is too old,and the struggle to reach players that played here for years,not just in terms of levels,that is not the main problem especially for a group, is not considered worth to join a so old server that does not have anyway thousands of ppl.
Im sure you are aware of the large community that would play a fresh new server,so why dont you do it?in the end is money that u can grab.
I read some posts on the forum,and if you wonder why newcomer dont stay,is simple,if they are alone,they go soon bored of an empty world where they can easily be bullied by full items chars,and also generally not willing to spend money ina server they feel empty to have more windows,that you need in classic if you dont play summoner,and competitive groups would hardly start in a years-old server with shining red things around,only a real desperation could bring them here,but i guess as for me and my group,in the end we have more fun playing this constantly changing server that a server like club,i mean in its actual situation,ofc.

So,i just like to have an official response,if it is a "maybe" or a "never",without any drama,so that we can know if we can definitely move forward from hoping that something will happen here.

Thank you

Before creating such themes, you and everyone else do not think why this server has been working stably since 2015?

All those people who say they would not enter because there are many red guns but then they cry when they enter servers and die after 2 months, I would tell them to make a thread and they will organize on their own to upload quickly. Updates have been made and things simplified a lot to get up quickly, and being able to equip yourself decently playing as a group or clan is not excessively difficult.

12 hours ago, VILEN said:

Before creating such themes, you and everyone else do not think why this server has been working stably since 2015?

Yes,we all know why it is working since 2015 dont worry

10 hours ago, Dasius said:

All those people who say they would not enter because there are many red guns but then they cry when they enter servers and die after 2 months, I would tell them to make a thread and they will organize on their own to upload quickly. Updates have been made and things simplified a lot to get up quickly, and being able to equip yourself decently playing as a group or clan is not excessively difficult.

As i said,is not my intention to flame or make drama.
Nobody is crying,not for this one or for the server we play,we know where we go to play,we'd like some stability more,but not at this price.
i just asked a question ,in the actual server we just dont think it is worth to do it.it is too old server and we are not talking of a big population,it's basically in the "final stage" as updates (as far as i understood).Mostly every solo player or group that randomly we meet think the same.
Could be wrong thinking,but it is what it is.

18 hours ago, San0 said:

not in the plans.

Ok,thanks for the answer,wish you best luck with server!

It makes me laugh when everyone says it's too advanced and things like that. If it is true that you play with a group, you should have no problem climbing quickly and equipping yourself. The server population is good and there are different sides competing, with many players returning in September to play. I invite all of you who think this way, that when you have 3 servers closed in 6 months, you will compete again and take advantage of the facilities that you have now and we did not have all the others at the time.

3 hours ago, Add1ct said:

As i said,is not my intention to flame or make drama.
Nobody is crying,not for this one or for the server we play,we know where we go to play,we'd like some stability more,but not at this price.
i just asked a question ,in the actual server we just dont think it is worth to do it.it is too old server and we are not talking of a big population,it's basically in the "final stage" as updates (as far as i understood).Mostly every solo player or group that randomly we meet think the same.
Could be wrong thinking,but it is what it is.

by no means its in "final stage", they are just not going to follow official with updates

L2 has so much content before GoD (up to H5 i count normal L2), that generally this is not even half way used potential

- Goddard area (IT/HS/FoG), Innadril area(fields of silence and second fields), Rune area(FoTD, stakato nest, Monastery of silence), whole Hellbound, whole Gracia continent (SoD/SoA/SoI with flying ships and transforms)

- S grade armors, S80 armors (HB farming and HB pvps), vespers (gracia continent)

- attribute system (different than whats on official right now, maybe some tweak of old attribute system? who knows)

- still missing lots of skills for classes, which can be added later to be farmed in several different ways in new locations

- from epic bosses - Frintezza / Freya / Valakas / Beleth / Tiat / Ekimus

- there are just few people 83, they didnt even reach 85 cap, but i dont think there is problem even if you can go higher than that, as long as classic system is kept (or leave it 85 cap, but i think leveling is big part of motivation why ppl go outside of town and grind)

- kamaels (now dont take me wrong, not necessarily new ones from classic as they are crap, also not necessarily old ones as they were OP, but possibly old ones being tweaked so they are not so OP OP, but generally decent)

- improved pets (kookaburas/wolves, eventho i think wolves were kinda toxic for gameplay back in the time)

possibilities are limitless, ofc i am not saying they should implement everything i wrote above and even if they decide so, it would take literally decade to get to that stage i believe, but pretty much anything you saw up to H5 (and maybe even some GoD features which are nice and not really out of l2 world) can be potentially implemented in the future. they are just done with blindly following official classic updates.

Edited by MoDoy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, MoDoy said:

- improved pets (kookaburas/wolves, eventho i think wolves were kinda toxic for gameplay back in the time)

Daaaaaaamn, old good times when enemy wolf was dying cos stacking or afk and droping 50kk worth wolf weapon ;) 

On 8/3/2021 at 5:14 AM, Dasius said:

The real problem for new ppl in servers with unbalanced rates is the inflation.

And their poor capability to adapt that rates.

With time, inflation is higher making more diffficult new ones to play. Add the shit farmers we have here, and thats your new ppl scaring combo.

Again and again asking for open new server?

And i always said the same answer - take it like this server is official and u entering to server where people playing for years same like on ofi servers.

Just take the challange and catch us!

Gl and Hf

Btw i started played after 1.5 year server start.

Edited by Wanali

1 hour ago, InstantKarma said:

it's normal, ppl want new server, actually is dead, 1 guy open 37 acc and kill all rb solo or farm in top spot solo xD

you have no knowledge at all :)

On 8/4/2021 at 12:01 AM, MoDoy said:

by no means its in "final stage", they are just not going to follow official with updates

L2 has so much content before GoD (up to H5 i count normal L2), that generally this is not even half way used potential

- Goddard area (IT/HS/FoG), Innadril area(fields of silence and second fields), Rune area(FoTD, stakato nest, Monastery of silence), whole Hellbound, whole Gracia continent (SoD/SoA/SoI with flying ships and transforms)

- S grade armors, S80 armors (HB farming and HB pvps), vespers (gracia continent)

- attribute system (different than whats on official right now, maybe some tweak of old attribute system? who knows)

- still missing lots of skills for classes, which can be added later to be farmed in several different ways in new locations

- from epic bosses - Frintezza / Freya / Valakas / Beleth / Tiat / Ekimus

- there are just few people 83, they didnt even reach 85 cap, but i dont think there is problem even if you can go higher than that, as long as classic system is kept (or leave it 85 cap, but i think leveling is big part of motivation why ppl go outside of town and grind)

- kamaels (now dont take me wrong, not necessarily new ones from classic as they are crap, also not necessarily old ones as they were OP, but possibly old ones being tweaked so they are not so OP OP, but generally decent)

possibilities are limitless, ofc i am not saying they should implement everything i wrote above and even if they decide so, it would take literally decade to get to that stage i believe, but pretty much anything you saw up to H5 (and maybe even some GoD features which are nice and not really out of l2 world) can be potentially implemented in the future. they are just done with blindly following official classic updates.

Yes,is true,even if many of the things you took as examples i would not like to have them! :D 
But is true,anyway,still server can change something,and is also a good patch to "stop",this is not the main issue anyway

4 hours ago, Wanali said:

Again and again asking for open new server?

And i always said the same answer - take it like this server is official and u entering to server where people playing for years same like on ofi servers.

Just take the challange and catch us!

Gl and Hf

Btw i started played after 1.5 year server start.

I understand myself this is actually best option around for classic to play in a certain way,but mostly is because classic is quite dead,cos if u really want to compare this to the official server we had back in times..well..this remain a private,longlasting,but still a private,for bugs,setup,money shops,etc.

Anyway i dont understand what would change to you players to have another server to merge later.i see only benefits for you,in terms of population/fun/farming chars-stuffs.
It's not that if they dont open new server ppl will rush and hurry to come to play in this,you can see it yourself.
So,i can understand if GMs say they dont want to,but players..really dont understand.

Also is always..meh reading the usual answers "we are hardcore,you are not,if you are you can catch us" like if only you played a low rate server in your life..and this is a lot faster than official was in the meaningful times,has always been,so,again,levels are not the issue,those are not that hard,we all know the game at this point.
I dont think there are many organized and competitive groups that would join a SIX years old server without second,third and even fourth thoughts.
Here you can more probably catch some alone player looking for an old classic l2 experience, that anyway will end up more likely leaving for feeling too far from full epics +16 weapons +8 set ppl or,even more likely,for boredom, cos it's a lonely way to high levels with buff windows to pay,otherwise you can not really play every class without being masochist.

I respect GM's decision,it's up to them,still dont understand you players,but anyway,gl,hf

Edited by Add1ct

4 hours ago, Add1ct said:

Anyway i dont understand what would change to you players to have another server to merge later.i see only benefits for you,in terms of population/fun/farming chars-stuffs.
It's not that if they dont open new server ppl will rush and hurry to come to play in this,you can see it yourself.
So,i can understand if GMs say they dont want to,but players..really dont understand.

Also is always..meh reading the usual answers "we are hardcore,you are not,if you are you can catch us" like if only you played a low rate server in your life..and this is a lot faster than official was in the meaningful times,has always been,so,again,levels are not the issue,those are not that hard,we all know the game at this point.
I dont think there are many organized and competitive groups that would join a SIX years old server without second,third and even fourth thoughts.
Here you can more probably catch some alone player looking for an old classic l2 experience, that anyway will end up more likely leaving for feeling too far from full epics +16 weapons +8 set ppl or,even more likely,for boredom, cos it's a lonely way to high levels with buff windows to pay,otherwise you can not really play every class without being masochist.

I respect GM's decision,it's up to them,still dont understand you players,but anyway,gl,hf

its actually very simple why players dont want new server which merges in future, mentality of l2 players nowadays is play 1-2 months and switch server the moment you are not dominating or top immediately, which also leaves that the guys who are dominatin on server staying alone and leaving as well, thus average lifespan of average l2 server right now is 2 months. thats why organized groups wont probably join this server, coz that would mean they would have to chain themselves to 1 project, invest into it to be something here, which is not an option because what if even after all that time they wont be top? if they quit, instead of wasting 2 months, they will waste 6-12 months.

if new server is opened, many people who play current server would leave to start playing on new server, just because they are not top here, thinking maybe they will be top on new one (#spoiler: they wont). Thing that certain amount leaves from main server, ppl who decide to stay start to see population decrease, decrease in shops of market and in result will leave as well, coz they feel like server is dying. that why old players dont want merge, because new people who join new server will probably quit 2 months in if they see they are not dominating and so will quit old people from main server who switched and see that main server has no population now (coz ppl left for newly opened server), they see population decrease in newly opened server after 2 months, so they decide to leave as well.

despite this server not having very competitive or strong parties in particular in its whole history, i would argue that at some points it came VERY close to famous Gran Kain (first ru classic off) in terms of competitiveness as sides/clans

Dont need new server..... This server is not f***ing shit.. Wanna play? Play at this server. Wanna top ?Play at this server.

You don't need to start a new server to show how cool you are and kill everyone at the beginning. Do you want to play? Play now on a stable server that is 5 years old.And if you want to jump on the servers every 6 months for easy earnings, then you are not here.

you can achieve everything on this server, there would be a desire. YES, it will be hard in some places, but it's better than I'll close the server in a year and that's it. There is a stable server here and people love it for this

17 hours ago, MoDoy said:

its actually very simple why players dont want new server which merges in future, mentality of l2 players nowadays is play 1-2 months and switch server the moment you are not dominating or top immediately, which also leaves that the guys who are dominatin on server staying alone and leaving as well, thus average lifespan of average l2 server right now is 2 months. thats why organized groups wont probably join this server, coz that would mean they would have to chain themselves to 1 project, invest into it to be something here, which is not an option because what if even after all that time they wont be top? if they quit, instead of wasting 2 months, they will waste 6-12 months.

if new server is opened, many people who play current server would leave to start playing on new server, just because they are not top here, thinking maybe they will be top on new one (#spoiler: they wont). Thing that certain amount leaves from main server, ppl who decide to stay start to see population decrease, decrease in shops of market and in result will leave as well, coz they feel like server is dying. that why old players dont want merge, because new people who join new server will probably quit 2 months in if they see they are not dominating and so will quit old people from main server who switched and see that main server has no population now (coz ppl left for newly opened server), they see population decrease in newly opened server after 2 months, so they decide to leave as well.

despite this server not having very competitive or strong parties in particular in its whole history, i would argue that at some points it came VERY close to famous Gran Kain (first ru classic off) in terms of competitiveness as sides/clans

It seems a very pessimistic scenario.
From what i understood,you say : there is people that will change to new one cos they are not dominating here,they will see they will not be dominating in the new one,so they will leave.
But if they act like this,they should have left from this one too,since they are not dominating, and this is why they leave,if u define their behaviour like this,so your logic seems to be fragile on this.
If this server doesnt need any merge and is "perfect" like it is,why should old ppl leave?you can stay here and wait merge.
If you change,there is a reason.
Also,seems to me many of you is actually playing in other servers and not in this so..i dont think you will feel server is "dying" ,as old players,os some of the players will change,u can continue playing other servers like u do now and wait merge :D

In my opinion,new server would have a lot more population than this one for a long time,there is a lot of "lineage 2 classic official-like ppl minded" that never started here and never will on this old one,for several reasons,old and new ppl wil have more fun in the new,for example you can set that if population go under a certain number for,let's say,a month,or whatever,you merge,in the worst scenario i believe you will have same population you have now doing like this cos u can just lose the new people "merge is too soon",but realistically in the end i think you will have more ppl,a more competitive and alive server.

1 hour ago, Duvs said:

Dont need new server..... This server is not f***ing shit.. Wanna play? Play at this server. Wanna top ?Play at this server.

You don't need to start a new server to show how cool you are and kill everyone at the beginning. Do you want to play? Play now on a stable server that is 5 years old.And if you want to jump on the servers every 6 months for easy earnings, then you are not here.

you can achieve everything on this server, there would be a desire. YES, it will be hard in some places, but it's better than I'll close the server in a year and that's it. There is a stable server here and people love it for this

Except Modoy's ones,all other answer seem to be sent from a bot that just say "play here,is not a 5000x where you feel cool cos u gank ppl".
Yes is exactly what i wrote im looking for :D
So i guess is a waste of time answering to those kinds of bot-replys.whatever you say you have same answer so..ok,you are right,whatever.

2 hours ago, Add1ct said:

It seems a very pessimistic scenario.
From what i understood,you say : there is people that will change to new one cos they are not dominating here,they will see they will not be dominating in the new one,so they will leave.
But if they act like this,they should have left from this one too,since they are not dominating, and this is why they leave,if u define their behaviour like this,so your logic seems to be fragile on this.
If this server doesnt need any merge and is "perfect" like it is,why should old ppl leave?you can stay here and wait merge.
If you change,there is a reason.
Also,seems to me many of you is actually playing in other servers and not in this so..i dont think you will feel server is "dying" ,as old players,os some of the players will change,u can continue playing other servers like u do now and wait merge 

In my opinion,new server would have a lot more population than this one for a long time,there is a lot of "lineage 2 classic official-like ppl minded" that never started here and never will on this old one,for several reasons,old and new ppl wil have more fun in the new,for example you can set that if population go under a certain number for,let's say,a month,or whatever,you merge,in the worst scenario i believe you will have same population you have now doing like this cos u can just lose the new people "merge is too soon",but realistically in the end i think you will have more ppl,a more competitive and alive server.

many people know it and maybe they are afraid to admit it, but there are some players who despite not dominating, they refuse to give up just because of amount of time/money they spent on the project.

there are many projects who are already doing what you described, they open new server every ~6 months and merge it with the main branch of server, cant say they are very successful, yes, their newly created servers have high population, but they all leave before the merge happens and the main branch is "meh" at best

also like you said, not many competitive groups would join club server right now, do you actually think if new server was made with purpose of later merge, those competitive groups would show up there and stay after the merge? at best they would show up, play for 2 months to dominate server, RMT as much stuff as possible and cash out (#averageServerProcedure).

but now really, lets say they opened new server, what would be adequate amount of time for you to accept merging servers? 6 months? (imagine main server losing some population for 6 months, thats actually already huge). now the question is, what will you achieve in those 6 months on new server? (or less, considering they wouldnt want to hurt their main server for literally half year). will you be able to compete with chars from old server? i dont think so, especially if market is not established, server and all the bosses/epics will be dominated by 1 side after 1-2 months (coz as i said, from start they might compete, at some point 1 side starts to lose, they cash out and quit, leaving other side freefarming and quitting right after them).

club is unique in fact that they delivered what they promised, long term classic server without bullsh1t official features and most importantly NO wipes and NO closing of server, even if population sometimes drops to smaller numbers. who really appreciates those 2 values this server has, will start and play here, no matter whats difference in gear/lvl, because they know eventually they have chance to catch up to those people, be it 1+ year, but they can do it. no other server can guarantee you that, because they all close in span of 3 months, in which you most probably never catch up people on the top

23 hours ago, Add1ct said:

Except Modoy's ones,all other answer seem to be sent from a bot that just say "play here,is not a 5000x where you feel cool cos u gank ppl".
Yes is exactly what i wrote im looking for
So i guess is a waste of time answering to those kinds of bot-replys.whatever you say you have same answer so..ok,you are right,whatever.

I came to this server in 2017. There were already sides that were at war with each other and it was sometimes painful to get a kick from everyone. We played with our clan, then as our clan and level grew, we were able to fight back. At the same time, not being in the top clan. It was only later that they joined someone and fought together. And you are looking for an easier level, as if to start everything from scratch and you are so awesome, you came and selected all the epics, immediately pumped 85. And he was sitting there selling Adena like this?

And then, as soon as you reach it in just 6 months, you will immediately leave the server and sell everything. With the words "It was easy, I bent the server and there is already a garbage dump". And you will run to another server and write posts there that a new server is needed, otherwise the old shit and there are no people there. You have chosen the path of the RMT, which will never settle in any place. After all, this is money for you, not a game. You're just working, which is very sad. And we get a buzz from good and complex pvp.

Therefore, I suggest that you play here without a new server, or go away  at other servers where they open for 6 months-1 year, and then close.

• Thanks 1

I guess it is obvious, but this is the perfect server from the perspective of casual players. My friend and I have been here forever and only recently we have started going to the "big-boy" levelling locations. Obviously we will never dominate any raids or own castles; however, it is nice to come back after a week or a month of absense to find your character just the way it was.

2 hours ago, Chanterelle said:

I guess it is obvious, but this is the perfect server from the perspective of casual players. My friend and I have been here forever and only recently we have started going to the "big-boy" levelling locations. Obviously we will never dominate any raids or own castles; however, it is nice to come back after a week or a month of absense to find your character just the way it was.

I agree with that. It is good to come back after a break of several months and still have characters. From this point of view it is an ideal server.

To attract new people it might be worthwhile to allow one free window, or at least for 5 euros.