deathangel

Gemstones and Cloths in Dion are too expensive

Having A Gemstones that are worth 7kk each completely breaks the mechanics of the game.

It's impossible to get A-grade gear, except for players who farm epic bosses. This leads to no difference between having levels 52 and 61, since it's much cheaper and better to buy +6 B sets. Of course, there are also +6 A sets, but only a few people have them.

This issue cascades further. It completely breaks the crafting of A-grade gear. No one would spend 600kk on Gemstones to craft A-grade weapons with only a 60% success chance. The weapon itself costs less. Additionally, bounty hunters become completely useless at high levels since no one needs A-grade recipes, except maybe a few that require B-grade gems.

This situation makes A-grade weapons mostly useless, as inserting a rune is never worth it. Even if you somehow craft the item or get it from a drop or a Raid Boss, you still have to obtain Cloths, which makes sets 20 times more expensive. This, in turn, leads to the strategy of enchanting sets to +6 and only then unpacking them.

I would suggest the following changes:

1. Increase the drop rate of Gemstones by at least 10 times and distribute them among more mobs. A-grade Gemstones shouldn't cost 1000 times more than B-grade.
  2. Add the ability to spoil them or obtain them from a quest.
  3. Reduce the number of Gemstones required to craft an item if the top options lead to imbalance.

I completely understand that A-grade gear is top-tier and should be expensive, but not to the degree where it is worth as much as tier-1 epic gear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, deathangel said:

Having A Gemstones that are worth 7kk each completely breaks the mechanics of the game.

It's impossible to get A-grade gear, except for players who farm epic bosses. This leads to no difference between having levels 52 and 61, since it's much cheaper and better to buy +6 B sets. Of course, there are also +6 A sets, but only a few people have them.

This issue cascades further. It completely breaks the crafting of A-grade gear. No one would spend 600kk on Gemstones to craft A-grade weapons with only a 60% success chance. The weapon itself costs less. Additionally, bounty hunters become completely useless at high levels since no one needs A-grade recipes, except maybe a few that require B-grade gems.

This situation makes A-grade weapons mostly useless, as inserting a rune is never worth it. Even if you somehow craft the item or get it from a drop or a Raid Boss, you still have to obtain Cloths, which makes sets 20 times more expensive. This, in turn, leads to the strategy of enchanting sets to +6 and only then unpacking them.

1. Increase the drop rate of Gemstones by at least 10 times and distribute them among more mobs. A-grade Gemstones shouldn't cost 1000 times more than B-grade.
  3. Reduce the number of Gemstones required to craft an item if the top options lead to imbalance.

I completely understand that A-grade gear is top-tier and should be expensive, but not to the degree where it is worth as much as tier-1 epic gear.

Hello. Did you consider Goddards changes about Gemstones A and Cloth Pieces? Because:
1) Gemstones where added to Goddard mobs.
2) Cloth Pieces where added to normal bosses in Goddard.

14 minutes ago, Koll said:

Hello. Did you consider Goddards changes about Gemstones A and Cloth Pieces? Because:

I've been waiting for that patch in order to see if it changes anything. I would lean towards changes that decrease the cost of A gems at least to 1kk.

I anticipate the price would drop maximum to 5kk during next 2 month or would stay the same. Which is a meaningless change towards proper craft/grade mechanics. 

@Koll Which price do you think would be the fair for A gems?

13 minutes ago, deathangel said:

I've been waiting for that patch in order to see if it changes anything. I would lean towards changes that decrease the cost of A gems at least to 1kk.

I anticipate the price would drop maximum to 5kk during next 2 month or would stay the same. Which is a meaningless change towards proper craft/grade mechanics. 

@Koll Which price do you think would be the fair for A gems?

Altar mobs, that will be available at stage 2, will have chance to drop Gemstones A. That change is not in affect because Goddard is at stage 1. Goddards normal bosses will have chance to drop 1-3 Cloth Piece. 

56 minutes ago, Koll said:

I can understand that you eased the cloth pieces so that end game players with a less competitive side can also get access to the cloths.

Now let me introduce to you the perspective of catching up players. (yes, you have them, those who have started recently and planning competitive game)

Gem hunting was the best way to catch up to mid game and have some adena to try to reach some end game content. Yes, high selling price but also few places to do it without high end gear. Now what? 

Yes, A grade is by far the top set for now and it should be expensive. You can't farm A grade recipes without nice gear and it was always useless as raidboss farmers sold it complete by far lower prices. (TI experience)

What other resource would you suggest as a catch up way to reach good farm? Given the update is for end game players and also the a gem addition decreases the farm for catching up players.

I always remember that good economy was reached by high ends selling higher grade staff for mid players and mid players selling resources at a good price to high ends. I see the balance shifted.

13 hours ago, deathangel said:

I also want Epics at lower price! And OE Weapon at lower price! Also, I want to enter game for 1 hour and be 82 in  a week! I am surprised admins followed this cry and added A-gems.

Edited by Xanaks

5 minutes ago, Xanaks said:

I can understand that you eased the cloth pieces so that end game players with a less competitive side can also get access to the cloths.

Now let me introduce to you the perspective of catching up players. (yes, you have them, those who have started recently and planning competitive game)

Gem hunting was the best way to catch up to mid game and have some adena to try to reach some end game content. Yes, high selling price but also few places to do it without high end gear. Now what? 

Yes, A grade is by far the top set for now and it should be expensive. You can't farm A grade recipes without nice gear and it was always useless as raidboss farmers sold it complete by far lower prices. (TI experience)

What other resource would you suggest as a catch up way to reach good farm? Given the update is for end game players and also the a gem addition decreases the farm for catching up players.

I also want Epics at lower price! And OE Weapon at lower price! Also, I want to enter game for 1 hour and be 82 in  a week! I am surprised admins followed this cry and added A-gems.

I had several hours dialog with a group who where farming A gemstones and was controlling spots after our last change in mobs spawn. They fully explained what they farm, how they farm, how they drop mobs on other people who trying to farm there, how they also control TOI Energy of Insolence farm with friends. They where not "catching up" groups.

3 minutes ago, Koll said:

I had several hours dialog with a group who where farming A gemstones and was controlling spots after our last change in mobs spawn. They fully explained what they farm, how they farm, how they drop mobs on other people who trying to farm them, how they also control TOI Energy of Insolence farm with friends. They where not "catching up" groups.

DI is not the only place to farm them, you know?

There are also TOI and controlling TOI and dropping mobs doesn't work so well there...  

I guess maybe you were not really trying to find catching up players, just a suggestion though

Controlling TOI Energy - in reality they have very little control. More like noise, given the price of the Energy.

Edited by Xanaks

18 minutes ago, Xanaks said:

DI is not the only place to farm them, you know?

There are also TOI and controlling TOI and dropping mobs doesn't work so well there...  

I guess maybe you were not really trying to find catching up players, just a suggestion though

Controlling TOI Energy - in reality they have very little control. More like noise, given the price of the Energy.

Increase in drop chance of A grade parts + recipes should be compensated by increase in drop of required for craft items.

For farm you can check Life stones ( ~8kk / ~24kk / ~68kk ), Magical Tablets ( ~5kk ).

24 minutes ago, Koll said:

Increase in drop chance of A grade parts + recipes should be compensated by increase in drop of required for craft items.

I can understand that, and the point is reasonable, just saying it creates a TI-like situation quicker as there are thinner chances for returning players to farm in the spirit of an open discussion and "suggestion" topic. Catching up is always more difficult, given you have players "dropping mobs and protecting farm spots". It is a strong mentality, but the reward should also be compensating. Decreasing gem prices will make battles less relevant. 

It is a bit like with epics, you created a situation where clans can retrieve epics if the epic is given according to the certain rule. I understand the point here again. However, there is always another side of the coin. It raises the prices of the limited epics in "freehold" as they are very few or you need to wait until the ruling top decides to quit and the rules suddenly do not work. (Brazilian players not like WuKong Haogu, it is exactly how epics go the "freehold" most of the time). Balance is crucial in this situation. 

However, the point is not about it: new catching-up players are not easily accepted by those playing groups because one side is on a free farm, so why would they need people? Another is low motivation, and when the big war starts because of the inflow of new catch-up players, they suddenly claim that they deserve it more than others or can easily buy it because they are old players. We have a situation where only catch-up players are primarily looking for those epics, and they are high in price again because you enforce the rule on the server prohibiting the sale of those items; again, it is a substantial hit for the new catch-up players.

I just provided the point from the new catch-up playing group here. Though some of your reasons are valid from your side, the legacy decisions that made it difficult for TI to acquire new players (even on the competitive side) are still valid. Given this context, gems with high prices and the ability to farm those with hard, difficult hours, but at least with the rewarding result in the end, would limit this situation again. The major question: What should we do so it doesn't take forever to catch up to a certain level?

Ultimately, the decision is always on your side, and your input is invaluable in shaping the future of the game.

Edited by Xanaks

Facilitating the drop of Gem-A is a necessity, since as Xanaks said, it is simply unfeasible to try to craft an A-grade weapon, even jewelry and equipment in general.

What's the point of trying to craft a majestic ring using 3 Gem-A (each gem costs more than the ring itself), or a weapon that possibly won't even cover the crafting cost.

It's very unbalanced.

Not only that, but to this day I still can't understand why up to lvl 75 (farm LOA), it is possible to drop TOP weapons in the game by hunting normal monsters (is the chance minimal? Yes, but at least there is a chance).

However, after lvl 75 (GC farm and now Goddard), there's simply isn't any full drop, not even normal equips have a reasonable chance (not to mention that top items like mj circlet and armor don't drop from these mobs).

Please note that here on the Dion server the chance of even dropping boots and gloves is ridiculous compared to IT, if I dropped 5 full items to date it's a lot (I've already raised about 3 characters to lvl 80).

Despite this, 1-2 players only need to kill a raid boss 60 to get TOP B weapons, enchant scrolls, stones (if DK borns), huge exp, etc.

I ask, why does a mob that hits really hard, like (4k+ per turn) on goddard cannot drop even a single low or top A weapon or a good piece of armor? (since crafting is impossible as i mentioned before).

You can see for yourself, practically no one is farming in Goddard, except the weaker mobs for dailys.

Server needs a huge change for newcomers to catch up, and even more to keep players attracted. Most of my CP just log for Epics now, why farm hours and hours and no chance for a single good drop?

No Bracelete 6, no new skills for clan, no new talisman (at least PI had it), no new bosses (at least for now - stage 2 will take at least 1-2 months since nobody hunts on goddard).

Talk with your playbase and see what's happening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Setzer said:

Facilitating the drop of Gem-A is a necessity, since as Xanaks said, it is simply unfeasible to try to craft an A-grade weapon, even jewelry and equipment in general.

What's the point of trying to craft a majestic ring using 3 Gem-A (each gem costs more than the ring itself), or a weapon that possibly won't even cover the crafting cost.

It's very unbalanced.

Not only that, but to this day I still can't understand why up to lvl 75 (farm LOA), it is possible to drop TOP weapons in the game by hunting normal monsters (is the chance minimal? Yes, but at least there is a chance).

However, after lvl 75 (GC farm and now Goddard), there's simply isn't any full drop, not even normal equips have a reasonable chance (not to mention that top items like mj circlet and armor don't drop from these mobs).

Please note that here on the Dion server the chance of even dropping boots and gloves is ridiculous compared to IT, if I dropped 5 full items to date it's a lot (I've already raised about 3 characters to lvl 80).

Despite this, 1-2 players only need to kill a raid boss 60 to get TOP B weapons, enchant scrolls, stones (if DK borns), huge exp, etc.

I ask, why does a mob that hits really hard, like (4k+ per turn) on goddard cannot drop even a single low or top A weapon or a good piece of armor? (since crafting is impossible as i mentioned before).

You can see for yourself, practically no one is farming in Goddard, except the weaker mobs for dailys.

Server needs a huge change for newcomers to catch up, and even more to keep players attracted. Most of my CP just log for Epics now, why farm hours and hours and no chance for a single good drop?

No Bracelete 6, no new skills for clan, no new talisman (at least PI had it), no new bosses (at least for now - stage 2 will take at least 1-2 months since nobody hunts on goddard).

Talk with your playbase and see what's happening.

I would agree that PI was a nice move and game changer. Tyrannosaurs and all. Bracelet chances were a bit too low but there was more to it.

I do not see the end game perspective as good as Setzer but I can claim that the catch up players always had a tremendous difficulty in actual catching up. It just cuts a lot of players. Coming to the spot, and having an understanding that it is almost impossible to defend yourself is not so cool in the long run. You introduced the Exp Runes 1-76 (78) before for COLs, I do not think that any end game player would be against it. 1rst, 2nd class transfers for CoLs is a great move. But expanding the donate base for catch up players is OK, just help those that want a bit quicker way to the big guys a bit quicker. The end game players, though having 0 interest in helping or inviting new people, also struggle from the lack of fresh blood who wants to put a claim on top things. 

On 7/12/2024 at 5:19 AM, Setzer said:

Agreed on everything but this part...
You can drop full B items UNDER GC (Shamans, warriors, etc.) Drop top B weapons/jewelry and such.

Generally, the server economy is F****ed when it comes to A grade - admins and GMs need to empathise with the player base of 70+ (presumably most of active players anyways). Because of already thinning numbers of players we don't have enough mats in circulation to support any sort of crafting. Unsealing or crafting super runes using gem A is another whole game of the impossible.

The ceiling for gem A, MTs and now cloth pieces have been long discussed as a virtually adjusted problem by the admins and seems like an opinionated and subjective way to control the progression for server's player base. 

2 hours ago, SirBishop said:

You can drop full B items UNDER GC (Shamans, warriors, etc.) Drop top B weapons/jewelry and such.

Generally, the server economy is F****ed when it comes to A grade - admins and GMs need to empathise with the player base of 70+ (presumably most of active players anyways). Because of already thinning numbers of players we don't have enough mats in circulation to support any sort of crafting. Unsealing or crafting super runes using gem A is another whole game of the impossible.

The ceiling for gem A, MTs and now cloth pieces have been long discussed as a virtually adjusted problem by the admins and seems like an opinionated and subjective way to control the progression for server's player base. 

Hello. Check other players answers in this topic. Some people want more A gem, some people don't want more A gems in same topic.

It's hard to defend the server when it comes to fun at prime lv 78+
There's simply nothing to do, there are no spots to farm items, the boss doesn't drop ANYTHING other than Phoenix Gems and some runes....

It simply loses its appeal, the majority of people only enter for Epics, Sieges, oly etc... 
We don't even have a bracelet size 6 to make us want to do the daily work.

I'm not even going to go into the merits of the new areas that have flopped... Just go now and you'll see for yourself.
The update is not 15 days old, it shouldn't be like this.

Staff must urgently pay more attention to 78+ content

Unfortunately, this is the reality today. 
I don't even have the energy to come and make suggestions here anymore. 
But I hope that changes. 

Setzer has some great suggestions! Listen to him.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SirBishop said:

Yeah, farming lvl 75+ mobs (like, in theory lvl 76 plus should be grade-S use).

Droping items of a lvl 52... on 70+ mobs... sooooo appealing. 

Anyway, the suggestions are there, goddard has so many content, just need to be well implemented. 

• Thanks 1

Seeing ppl crying over the PVE stuff just proves that server died 1 year ago when one of two EU sides quited (which made another eu side to quit also month later out of boredness and new options where to go to play). Server is alive as long as people have to fight with another people for spots/epics/etc daily and on their own primes. Sadly that is only EU people mentality and on this server it was seen through the most (with some smalls exception) history of existence. Maybe last 2-3 years it was case for Asia people on TI too, i dont know much since i quited that server long time ago, but i see some videos from time to time and even if it is 2 pt vs 2pt primes pvps it still pvps and not fully pve. BR prime is just difference, they have enough ppl to make two side even if it would be 2 maybe 3 pt vs same numbers (HR vs FC), but if you people really bored why not? But fuk no free farming on PVE stuff mucho better than actually PVPs so "we just gonna come to forum and cry that we need some special conditions on our PVE fiesta so it wouldnt be boring for us to log and make more of PVE".

Yeah, Nice logic, lets disband the Minor side in two so the bigger one (the one that you play with) can dominante ALL epics and Sieges.

This "Br Side" that you Said is composed of 2 BR parties (one not Full) and at best 1 and a half Arg.

The thing is that there isnt enough players, at least for now, after this horrible update.

No opportunites to new comers, nothing interesting for those who reached end game.

20 hours ago, JzOo said:

Seeing ppl crying over the PVE stuff just proves that server died 1 year ago when one of two EU sides quited (which made another eu side to quit also month later out of boredness and new options where to go to play). Server is alive as long as people have to fight with another people for spots/epics/etc daily and on their own primes. Sadly that is only EU people mentality and on this server it was seen through the most (with some smalls exception) history of existence. Maybe last 2-3 years it was case for Asia people on TI too, i dont know much since i quited that server long time ago, but i see some videos from time to time and even if it is 2 pt vs 2pt primes pvps it still pvps and not fully pve. BR prime is just difference, they have enough ppl to make two side even if it would be 2 maybe 3 pt vs same numbers (HR vs FC), but if you people really bored why not? But fuk no free farming on PVE stuff mucho better than actually PVPs so "we just gonna come to forum and cry that we need some special conditions on our PVE fiesta so it wouldnt be boring for us to log and make more of PVE".

Good times when there was pvps on Prime...
after this day //quit

3 hours ago, BlackTarj said:

after this day //quit

After these 2 fights where it was 6 ppl on first and 8 ppl on second (yeah lol excuses) we came 9 ppl with proper setup and made 2 more fights in which im 99% sure nobody died and you never show up after that (ill ask if any of cp member by any chance have fraps of that and post here later, you are welcome to post those fights also if you dare, but we all know the answer kekw). Our cp alone was fighting ur meme side (siege/oly most of the time coz of time zone difference), and at that time we had castle most of the time, and 5-7 heroes all the months. We played here not coz of ur meme competition and quit also not coz of you. There was just no hope for competitive EU players to comeback and make server alive again and thats why cp quit. We didnt came here on forum to cry that we need more pve stuff so we dont get bored unlike you. But hey im happy that this one pvp made you so happy that u will show it to ur grandkids someday saying how cool you were. Cheers

11 hours ago, Setzer said:

Yeah, Nice logic, lets disband the Minor side in two so the bigger one (the one that you play with) can dominante ALL epics and Sieges.

This "Br Side" that you Said is composed of 2 BR parties (one not Full) and at best 1 and a half Arg.

The thing is that there isnt enough players, at least for now, after this horrible update.

No opportunites to new comers, nothing interesting for those who reached end game.

There were times SA prime had enough ppl to make 2 sides and with not only 1 cp in each one, but at that time and from what i see now also you cared only about 1 thing and that thing was how to free farm everything in SA prime and make pvp once per 2 weeks was enough for you (even then u skipped 2-3 sieges). You can cry how much u want that asia had zerg and blablabla, but asia wasnt playing in SA prime or they did? About what opportunites for new comers you are even talking. New people who comes to see server will not stay here even if u force them to play till 76+lvl just to fking hit more mobs later one. It is what only casuals do and you and your side are on same mentality level. If you get bored just make pvp happens in ur prime or quit game. I heard wow is also pve game but with active player base maybe you should try this game instead.

7 hours ago, BlackTarj said:

after this day //quit

Before you open your mouth with possible lies like it never happened on what i said in previous post that you lost next two fights (also looks like we never had full pt in none of those 4 fights that day) which is not shown on your video, i post this one here. Indeed you made us quit with ur poor performence. 1 death from us on each of these fights and pussy ass tank player to bsoe first one on pvp. Next time delete ur streams and hope nobody will fraps it so you can lie that fights you lost never ever happened, but till then go hide in ur favela land. You were no name when server was alive and u till this day are no name.

Have you read what the actual thread is about? It's literally economy focused / PVE. Not your drama, pvp or hurt egos. 

You're literally offtopic here, just make another post "Why we left: the dramatic non-pve focused truth behind <insert some random clan> exit" and make your case there.

TL:DR; you left the server... Tough... nobody cares. No need to bring up some fraps or unfinished business if you don't plan to come back.

On 7/17/2024 at 6:00 AM, JzOo said:

Edited by SirBishop

On 7/16/2024 at 2:37 AM, Setzer said:

Yeah, farming lvl 75+ mobs (like, in theory lvl 76 plus should be grade-S use).

Droping items of a lvl 52... on 70+ mobs... sooooo appealing. 

Anyway, the suggestions are there, goddard has so many content, just need to be well implemented. 

The S grade is not coming man, that's why GMs like to keep a tight ceiling on the A grade as it will be the end game for years to come - they don't want for people to get bored having all the maxed out gear. Some facts (why GMs keep the level cap until half the server has left, etc.) and some presumptions obv, but I have no other explanation on why MTs drop is shit and everything else what is tied to content beyond 76+ is so scarce. 

3 minutes ago, SirBishop said:

Have you read what the actual thread is about? It's literally economy focused / PVE. Not your drama, pvp or hurt egos. 

You're literally offtopic here, just make another post "Why we left: the dramatic non-pve focused truth behind <insert some random clan> exit" and make your case there.

TL:DR; you left the server... Tough... nobody cares. No need to bring up some fraps or unfinished business if you don't plan to come back.

Have you read what admins said about this topic? Dont pretend you are smart which u dont. Admins already explained and answered everything about this topic so there is nothing else left just to answer to memers who tried bite. You dont like Dion go to fking TI its same pve content but with more areas to farm it. Admins opened this Dion server not for solo casuals like you so they dont need to add/change to anything every single randoms ask for. They mainly openned it coz oldies from TI who left that server long time ago wanted new fresh start, but yet again they left it and this time way too early (some of them left coz admins didnt listen them also even tho they had names and big expierence playing in club servers). So stfu this with your "nobody cares" coz you are the one about whose opinnion nobody cares here 🙂

32 minutes ago, JzOo said:

Have you read what admins said about this topic? Dont pretend you are smart which u dont. Admins already explained and answered everything about this topic so there is nothing else left just to answer to memers who tried bite. You dont like Dion go to fking TI its same pve content but with more areas to farm it. Admins opened this Dion server not for solo casuals like you so they dont need to add/change to anything every single randoms ask for. They mainly openned it coz oldies from TI who left that server long time ago wanted new fresh start, but yet again they left it and this time way too early (some of them left coz admins didnt listen them also even tho they had names and big expierence playing in club servers). So stfu this with your "nobody cares" coz you are the one about whose opinnion nobody cares here 🙂

Glad you managed to stay on topic in this post at least. Well done.

You're not the main character on this server I'm afraid. My point was you can contribute to discussion or bring some clan vs clan nonsense from back in the day. You left, so did your memories or whatever that clan stood for. Nobody needs your old farts and reminiscence.

"Admins opened this Dion server not for solo casuals like you" - that is very apt and on topic (well done again). It explains why there are no more new players below 75. Exactly because admins are busy keeping up with the next ceiling in level caps, drop rates and other pve content. Not much about server e2e - both the randoms you so despise and the more experienced players.

"...Left coz admins didnt listen them also even tho they had names" - calm your ego. Your clan is forgotten, your name is nothing unless you actually play and do the doing not just talking after you've left, etc. 

Edited by SirBishop