Sign in to follow this  
FryderykChopin

How about making the upcoming HF server a bit more... 'Classic'?

Classic H5  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about these features? [multiple choice poll]

• No dualboxes - Yes
    • No dualboxes - No
    • Extreme Low Rates - Yes
    • Extreme Low Rates - No
    • Reduced Availability of Enchant Scrolls - Yes
    • Reduced Availability of Enchant Scrolls - No
    • Offline shops in Giran only - Yes
    • Offline shops in Giran only - No
    • Automatic Events - Yes
    • Automatic Events - No

I know it's a bit early and most people don't really care, but since opening the new H5 server is apparently inevitable, I was thinking - how about making it a bit more... classic?

Because right now, we all know how High Five servers work - even if it's low rate, High Five is so fast in nature that max 3 months after launch everyone is top level with all gear++ and people start to get bored and leave.

I understand that some people may enjoy it, but there're plenty of servers like this being opened several times a year (and most of them get closed/wiped same year).

So how about offering players a longterm, classic, High Five experience? Here're my thoughts:

1) NO DUALBOX AVAILABLE (+active dualbox hunting policy). Honestly, one of the best features I've ever seen on a lowrate server. Dualboxes were completely prohibited, meaning people could actually play active buffers, rather than everyone having one behind their butts. Huge classic feature.
2) 0,5x or even 0,25x rates. Simple as that, 0,5x rates = twice higher lifespawn of a server. Obviously, the exp reward for quests like Cruma series would have to be decreased accordingly.
3) MASSIVELY decreased spoil/drop rates of Enchants. Honestly one of the worst things that I see on the TI are the +10++ weapons in Giran Harbor. Back in days of C4 it was HUGE when someone had +5, +6 weapon on equeally old server. I think that's much more classic than everyone having either Obi-Wan's or Darth Vader's lightsaber of some sort.
4) Offline shops in Giran only. Since teleports are free until 40 it shouldn't be a problem. Giran full of shops, that's another classic nostalgia boner.
5) Automatic events? Wouldn't even need to have any special prizes, even if it was just for giggles, just for the score in leaderboard... Once or twice a day there'd be some automatic event that anyone could join, fight for few minutes and get back to farming :)

I think this project need  mid rate HF like x5-x15, just to atract more ppl to this project and some of them would join classic also. These rates are liked by majorty of h5 players and would bring the biggest population posible

I think this project need  mid rate HF like x5-x15, just to atract more ppl to this project and some of them would join classic also. These rates are liked by majorty of h5 players and would bring the biggest population posible

​Well, depends I guess. If the goal is to open a short-lived server then anything above 1x rate High Five will do, however if it's supposed to be a concurrent server alongside with classic then I'd suggest above.

if u wanna make concurent server to our classic ull make ppl quit from here and go there on fresh server and i guess its not a target for our admins, they want to make totaly different server not to lower online on talking island

if u wanna make concurent server to our classic ull make ppl quit from here and go there on fresh server and i guess its not a target for our admins, they want to make totaly different server not to lower online on talking island

​To be fair I was against the idea of second server ever since it was announced, as I believe it's going to be harmful to TI either way... But I guess you're right, for TI it's probably better to open a 'quickie' ^_^

you already gave more thought to the high five server set up then i did till now xD

not worried about it for now, we will see when we will come to it.

high 5 is not priority now, we just made the post for the ppl to not be too surprised when it shows up. 

I really appreciate the initiation of team for new project and I am so glad that I can enjoy playing this server with staff who really makes improvemenets (I regulary watch changelog).

But I dont think it is good idea open new project while many ppl have so big lags that can not pull trains... proxies fall down a lot and have dealy 1-2 sec has become standard for last months. Some days ppl complain about delay like 3-5 sec... even when change proxy, prot is forwarded and connection is solid. Not once I personaly lost 4% due to server fallen or lag is so hard. That is not much comfy at high lvl... That is my opinion... better have 1 project good working than 2 project even if 1 working fine and second not... I guess you will face same delay issues with second server cause still not solution for the 1st one...

baaaaaaaaa before that we need 2.0 :P

​Classic is our priority.

We won't open something else before we will give you 2.0 :)

I always liked the idea of Clan Halls in the town of Oren. Maybe you can make some advertisement to attract new people on Classic and give them a chance to win a half priced auctioned clan hall in Oren. Meaning you could try to code 2-3 halls in Oren... if it's possible, I'm not an IT savvy. 

​Working and stable 2.0

Coz 1.5 i still not. But 2.0 will be here longer than 1.5, so big chances for working and stable 2.0

I hate to be that guy, but the hi5 community is pretty locked in already. They play RPG-Club for low rate hi5, and averia for pay2win 50x "pvp hi5" 

If you wanted to attract more traffic to your network, i'd recommend interlude or gracia final if you can get good files.

• Like 1

...Or a PvP Classic server.

25x rates
2x adena
2x drop
2x spoil
5x quest drop/reward

Enable dropping items from players that you kill even if they have zero PK points :D

Regular PvP/TvT/CTF events for armor/weapon keys/ or even enchant rewards

Done :D

The only server that was most legit server of all times was RED vs BLUE (not bringing name, can google) full tvt events, even events like capture flag or king of the hill :D

we will talk about that when time will come, for now it doesnt matter. all that matters now its 2.0 to be rdy. after all ok with it we start talking about other stuffs.

but i am the biggest hater of multiboxing so most likely any server we would open in future it will almost for sure always be with same system we have on classic.

Edited by San0
  • Like 1

we will talk about that when time will come, for now it doesnt matter. all that matters now its 2.0 to be rdy. after all ok with it we start talking about other stuffs.

but i am the biggest hater of multiboxing so most likely any server we would open in future it will almost for sure always be with same system we have on classic.

sidy.gif

Like, what? :D Literally everyone who needs a buffer has a box here. I'm sorry but this is a complete box land, buffers here are as useless as everywhere; please, find a completely different way to prevent boxing on the upcoming H5 server. If you trully hate the multiboxing then check what I've written in the first post - there needs to be an active dualbox hunting policy. I understand selling boxes generates profit to keep the server up but there're plenty of other options - even if you had to go as far as XP/SP boosts for premium acc, it's still much lesser evil than several characters being completely useless due to allowed dualboxing.

​this is perfect

Like, what? :D Literally everyone who needs a buffer has a box here. I'm sorry but this is a complete box land, buffers here are as useless as everywhere; please

​u re wrong, who wants have buffbox, but there is also alot of active supports which been saved by limiting boxing here. Yet i agree even with PA there should be limit

​this is perfect

Like, what? :D Literally everyone who needs a buffer has a box here. I'm sorry but this is a complete box land, buffers here are as useless as everywhere; please

​u re wrong, who wants have buffbox, but there is also alot of active supports which been saved by limiting boxing here. Yet i agree even with PA there should be limit

​'a lot' is a strong word; I assume there are some masochists who enjoy solo PP exping but lets be honest, most people just skip anyway.

PA limitation is something but it's not good enough. As far as funding the server goes = XP/SP bonus for PA is much 'more Lineage 2' than dualboxing.

Ofc didnt mention PP coz PP w.o mana bun is not even worth to start Oly with ;p

I mean even with PA should be limit to 1box for example. Sad but true but u cant play L2 w.o buffer.

Lets be glad that Classic does not provide full CH buff and pots re 5min only, coz otherway there would not even be boxes supports need.

Ofc didnt mention PP coz PP w.o mana bun is not even worth to start Oly with ;p

I mean even with PA should be limit to 1box for example. Sad but true but u cant play L2 w.o buffer.

Lets be glad that Classic does not provide full CH buff and pots re 5min only, coz otherway there would not even be boxes supports need.

​That's the point, you really can't play without buffer, so if there was zero dualbox policy, playing solo buffers would actually be an option. :)

you already gave more thought to the high five server set up then i did till now xD

not worried about it for now, we will see when we will come to it.

I stole this quote from another thread so it would pop up in your notification feed