Sign in to follow this  
San0

Reflect Damage effect.

Reflect Damage effect.  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Shall we change Reflect Damage Effect back to old way?

• Yes. make it work for melee normal attacks only as it used to be.
    • No. Leave it as it is now reflecting everything including ranged attacks.

It was pulled to our attention that reflect damage effect atm might not be pleasant for a big group of players.

As so we decided to come up with this poll to help us decide if we should leave it this way or change it to how it used to work before on melee normal hits only.

NOTE: This changes would apply only to normal reflect damage buffs/song. skills that add special reflect proprieties will not be changed considering its the skill itself adding the extra reflecting proprieties.

Poll will stay open till October 5th.

i dont even understand why it needed to be changed, its more fun and more chance of winning for melee party when they go against mage party

• Like 1

1st of all:

how is reflect bug working now?
how was reflect working before considering to how it work now?

2nd of all:

fix bug reported 1 month ago about no dmg from stun skills on rb.

1st of all:

2nd of all:

1st - ​its not a bug its how it works on classic, same as god system. it reflects not only melee attacks as it did pre god, but it also reflects damage from skill, archer skills, nukes, etc.

2nd - it has already been submited to be fixed but theres more stuff needing fix also, stuff cant just be insta fixed out of nowhere.

1st of all:

2nd of all:

1st - ​its not a bug its how it works on classic, same as god system. it reflects not only melee attacks as it did pre god, but it also reflects damage from skill, archer skills, nukes, etc.

2nd - it has already been submited to be fixed but theres more stuff needing fix also, stuff cant just be insta fixed out of nowhere.

​Haha, sorry, misspeled i meant "buff" not "bug" :P

Hmm.. Hard to answer about this dilema. If its not fixed mages with freezing skin re dealing even more dmg overall. Dark Avanger with Reflect Damage is still top tank, now even better.

But acording to classes that have some op skills like Riposte Stance of Gladiator/Duelist bcoz this class has everything and should be nerfed...

I dunno, i vote for back to old way and nerf to gladiator.

Bcoz for most classes it changes nothing, there re 4 classes having this buff. Sorc, SpS, WC, DA.

WC is rare, DA has it for his own, and 2 mages that re nukers, they already deal huge amount of dmg, they dont need to reflect dmg.

2nd - thanks for reply bout this.

I'd say leave it as it is now... If it was changed back it would become just another useless buff, because honestly when some close range char gets close to you on Classic, you're getting grilled 90% by skills; it's not Interlude where you buff yourself up and do every 5th hit crit, which does 2x damage than your best skill :D

From the moment you changed vampiric rage , i propose to change reflect dmg too. Some days ago i almost died from reflect damage (left with 1000 hp) hitting a bishop who has healing himself until i killed him. He didnt even touch me and i lost 3k hp + cp. If that is balance for you people then ok i dont have a problem.

edit: he had freezing skin from the sps he was farming with And im a sorcerer. (just for the info)

But acording to classes that have some op skills like Riposte Stance of Gladiator/Duelist bcoz this class has everything and should be nerfed...

except in classic they don't have risposte stance.

as for the reflect damage buffs: almost nobody is solo exping a melee character anymore after hitting 40, so if you nerf that, it's just going to become another useless buff.

if you really want to change it, change the amount of damage reflected(%), but don't change the basic formula.

1st of all:

2nd of all:

​Haha, sorry, misspeled i meant "buff" not "bug" :P

Hmm.. Hard to answer about this dilema. If its not fixed mages with freezing skin re dealing even more dmg overall. Dark Avanger with Reflect Damage is still top tank, now even better.

Bcoz for most classes it changes nothing, there re 4 classes having this buff. Sorc, SpS, WC, DA.

WC is rare, DA has it for his own, and 2 mages that re nukers, they already deal huge amount of dmg, they dont need to reflect dmg.

2nd - thanks for reply bout this.

​SpS/Sorc usually buff whole pt with this, you forgot to add SWS to class list. He has 20% reflect dmg song on 74, so you can stack up 40% reflect - now imagine killing bish with it. Considering mages always have sps or sorc to buff whole pt, meeles mostly have wc and every1 has sws, soon when ppl hit higher lvls everyone gonna run on 40% reflect. In my opinion its too overpowered and it nerfs archers the most ( Nukers can self heal when going low on hp and healers dead/stunned, and meeles have zillions of hp so they are happy to reflect zilions of dmg)

The previous VR effects removal really inceased this effect, Honestly your healers cant even begin to keep up you alive if you run into the middle of a large force and use auraflash/aoe. you pretty much instagib yourself. I cant even imagine those 70plus sorcs on siege day landing crit aura flashes and burning circles staying alive if they are getting 40% reflect per cast/player.

Archers and mages are best of dd in games, but they havent a lots of hp/cp, self buffs  on debuffs. I dont know how mages, but me as archer when i hit destro for 2000dmg and he  reflect to me 800dmg, i die for one, max two skills from him. Stun on mages/archers/healers land very often, so we have no chance survive it. Patch 2.0 and 1 destro with rush and reflect kill archers pt so easy. Its just my opinion.

just 1 recommend for who always die from reflect damage, just be fking careful next time, i manage 3-4 mages in my pt almost a year now and we never died from it even once, LUL

its not about dying! Yes its difficult to die from it BUT nukers (archers/mages) lose all cp + some health without taking a single hit. In mass pvp everyone has this buff. Its not like reflect skills that work for some seconds on certain classes, those skills make pvp interesting yes.

Imagine a tank with reflect buff + song , i will die on my sorc without him needing to hit me at all. The buff change from old versions was supposed to work together with VR. From the moment VR changed i dont understand why reflect remains the same.

its just one disadvantge side of this skill, how about  a bigger field like siege, those melee and tanker without this reflect is just literrally meatbag, literralyy !

or simply reduce by half the damage reflected from skills and autoattacks.

if the buffs reflect 20% damage by default, make it 10% and problem solved. that way with stacked buffs you'll have 20% instead of 40%.

• Like 1

its just one disadvantge side of this skill, how about  a bigger field like siege, those melee and tanker without this reflect is just literrally meatbag, literralyy !

​thats how the classes work, at close terrain range like LOA mages are at disadvantage. That has nothing to do with a skill thats supposed to work for ALL classes. Why nerf VR effect then? Answer me this.

​thats how the classes work, at close terrain range like LOA mages are at disadvantage. That has nothing to do with a skill thats supposed to work for ALL classes. Why nerf VR effect then? Answer me this.

​bcoz alot of skills were made under GoD than re too overpowered on classic. 

​becoz it doesnt affect only in pvp, but pve, you are a mage yourself, you know this, for more info, before fixing VR, we doesnt need healer to climbing to top level in three ways LOA

I know and i understand. Im just saying Reflect is overpowered as VR was too. So either keep both or nerf both (because they work in Synergy). Thats my opinion.

I definitely respect your opinion too :)

the synergy of VR with reflect is quite random. dont forget VR was working on chance so whatever would happen with VR would also happen without VR and you would still die from reflect if u had to... and as fact to add to this almost never both on ru classic or other classic you see archers or mages with VR, its pointless and its taking a buff slot.

delete glad/tyr class from l2 its buged and to OP, he can use 2 skills for kill mag. 1 year server and just now you make panick abaut it ?

delete glad/tyr class from l2 its buged and to OP, he can use 2 skills for kill mag. 1 year server and just now you make panick abaut it ?

​Delete OL, too op :D