Sign in to follow this  
Ithilaer

Fight between buffers.

So little question. I already have a person with me who plays SE.

But as a melee char I kinda miss haste buff, berserker etc.

Now, which buffer is best purely for buffing between OL,WC, PP.

Best one for PVE

Best one for PVP.

We are trying to decide. OL looks like he's lacking quite a few useful buffs. Though his debuffs are very sweet.

Lets discuss, really need to make up my mind somehow on this.

Thank you in forward.

u forgot to mention what class u play, it may vary depending if u are dagger, archer, gladi or warlord, all need different stuff for both pve/pvp

1 hour ago, Ithilaer said:

I play SK and Spoiler. In a long run i might create archer or mage.

P.S we already have SE

Yo. You definitely need haste, so the only option is wc or pp. Now since SE doesnt yave any different buff than wc (except emp but you dont care) so haveing  wc + se doesnt make sense. Make pp. Best chice for pve for sure cos of haste zerk holy weapon and greater might,

in this case pp for pve and wc for pvp.

pp for pve since he have the advantage of block shield/bless the body/bless the soul, Greater Might/Shield and haste. (WC have the weakpoint that u need him high lvl to have focus lvl 3 effect and hes without block shield/BTB/BTS/GM/GS)

wc for pvp because of fear (higher baselandrate as from pp) +sleep+great range dot

Edited by chevignon

12 minutes ago, chevignon said:

in this case pp for pve and wc for pvp.

pp for pve since he have the advantage of block shield/bless the body/bless the soul, Greater Might/Shield and haste. (WC have the weakpoint that u need him high lvl to have focus lvl 3 effect and hes without block shield/BTB/BTS/GM/GS)

wc for pvp because of fear (higher baselandrate as from pp) +sleep+great range dot

And who's better in pvp WC or OL?

33 minutes ago, Ithilaer said:

And who's better in pvp WC or OL?

OL since he have allot more debuffs and allot more pdef

Edited by chevignon

2 hours ago, Rizos said:

Yo. You definitely need haste, so the only option is wc or pp. Now since SE doesnt yave any different buff than wc (except emp but you dont care) so haveing  wc + se doesnt make sense. Make pp. Best chice for pve for sure cos of haste zerk holy weapon and greater might,

Since he plays spoiler as one of the chars I think he can afford just buy the haste lv 2 pots. It's costy but you can find a fair price if you buy directly from someone in large quantities (not the offline shop)

19 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Since he plays spoiler as one of the chars I think he can afford just buy the haste lv 2 pots. It's costy but you can find a fair price if you buy directly from someone in large quantities (not the offline shop)

i mean it's gonna be a box anyways, maybe from time to time ill play one of them for fun. I dont mind leveling a box. Im just not sure what should i get pp or wc, since we already got se

And in general is it easy to find party with pp or wc?

Edited by Ithilaer

39 minutes ago, ProGressive said:

If it will be standing box than prp. If active playe than WC.

Mm thanks for info. But since OL is so much better at pvp, i doubt it's worth investing time to WC.

Just now, Ithilaer said:

Mm thanks for info. But since OL is so much better at pvp, i doubt it's worth investing time to WC.

As a WC player i can tell u that for small scales pvp its not a big difference. Offcourse ol has bigger C speed because of bers+acu.

2 minutes ago, ProGressive said:

As a WC player i can tell u that for small scales pvp its not a big difference. Offcourse ol has bigger C speed because of bers+acu.

who got better 1v1 and DoTs?

1 minute ago, Ithilaer said:

who got better 1v1 and DoTs?

Dots for one target WC.

1v1 OL, because of Pdef and c speed. 

And if u are full buffed, i think WC has more c speed. But im might be lieing, i dont remember this atm. And once i was decent wc :(

Just now, ProGressive said:

Dots for one target WC.

1v1 OL, because of Pdef and c speed. 

And if u are full buffed, i think WC has more c speed. But im might be lieing, i dont remember this atm. And once i was decent wc :(

It's actually really hard to decide after talking to you xD

Just now, Ithilaer said:

It's actually really hard to decide after talking to you xD

If u go with fighter go for WC. better buffs and pvp its really small difference. Pvps are so fast and debuff deciding that OL CP regen wont be a big deal.

Actually im a big OL fan, and most of time i put OL in my cp. But for  two people party i dont see him so good. Especially withouth haste,dw,focus and bla bla bla.

If you it's a box: PP+SE > WC+SE.

Why ? BTB/BTS, ZERK (increases overall dps/speed - farming speed), elemental resists (are crazy effective vs nukers), additionally if things go south you have the resurrection and even if it's just a box, you can always swap and get insta heal, while WC heal is a dot meaning it's ok for general hp maintainance but won't let you sruvive unexpected and dire situation.

Additionally  as a BOX PP is better because it requires less work from you -> you just press buffing macro and he starts doing his job, while for WC you need to invite him to party whenver you want to rebuff.

Last but not least if you need some free adena you can always sell some buffs in giran as a PP :P

And if we will have 3rd prof - PP can offer you POF (which often can be better than COV due to smaller m.speed penalty) while COV  will be usually offered by clan/ally.

20 hours ago, Ithilaer said:

So little question. I already have a person with me who plays SE.

But as a melee char I kinda miss haste buff, berserker etc.

Now, which buffer is best purely for buffing between OL,WC, PP.

Best one for PVE

Best one for PVP.

We are trying to decide. OL looks like he's lacking quite a few useful buffs. Though his debuffs are very sweet.

pure buffer for PvE would be PP.

it has everything and more, except for empower, wild magic, advanced block and reflect damage.

if it's for PvP, OL.

single target CCs, AoE debuffs and CP heals do make a huge difference in group PvP.

1 hour ago, FinalFen said:

If you it's a box: PP+SE > WC+SE.

Why ? BTB/BTS, ZERK (increases overall dps/speed - farming speed), elemental resists (are crazy effective vs nukers)

And if we will have 3rd prof - PP can offer you POF (which often can be better than COV due to smaller m.speed penalty) while COV  will be usually offered by clan/ally.

Sorry to say that but u talking about interlude stats, not about classic stats.

In classic elemental resists just giving 3,5% dmg decrease (because of the high dmg range u dont even notice it)

And PoF dont even adds any magic bonus in classic.

COV>PoF in Classic

Uh, didnt know about the elemental buffs.

Regarding COV vs POF, sure if you are an archer/nuker movement speed doesnt matter to you, but as a meleeyou sometimes prefer to loose that 100-200 mdef in order to actually be able to get to your victim without being kited :f + in DD only fights m.def is worthless. Sure all of it are situational cases, but they happened to me quite often in the past.

9 minutes ago, FinalFen said:

Uh, didnt know about the elemental buffs.

Regarding COV vs POF, sure if you are an archer/nuker movement speed doesnt matter to you, but as a meleeyou sometimes prefer to loose that 100-200 mdef in order to actually be able to get to your victim without being kited :f + in DD only fights m.def is worthless. Sure all of it are situational cases, but they happened to me quite often in the past.

elemental buffs dont exist on classic, and about CoV vs PoF u are speaking about old stats (if u want to check discussion about them, here it is 

if not, u can compare stats yourself here because they are much different from old stats

PoF - For 5 minutes, a powerful spirit acts to increase a party member's Max HP by 10%, HP Recovery bonus by 10%, P. Atk. by 10%, P. Def. by 10%, Atk. Spd. by 5%, and Debuff Resistance by 10%. Consumes 20 Spirit Ore.

CoV - For 5 minutes, a powerful spirit acts to increase a party members HP / MP Recovery bonus by 20%, P. / M. Accuracy by 4, P. / M. Evasion by 4, P. / M. Atk. by 15%, Atk. / Casting Spd. by 10%, P. / M. Critical Rate by 15%, P. / M. Critical Damage by 15%. Consumes 60 Spirit Ore.

and if by any chance u decide to go for OL, VoP is like CoV (but gives 10% more max cp), its not good only for mages like it used to, but its as good for fighters now