Sign in to follow this  
koncchar66

Unfair?

So I had been leveling a sws along with my main SK and managed to reach 70+lvl and had the chance to test him out in some good pvp. Here's the thing, sws is soooooooo weak. Of course having these useful defensive songs is a great boost....for the rest of the party. I think it's a mistake of how this class gets to remain the nerfed trash that was back in the days of c2-3 in comparison to all the other classes that do get some stuff from newer chronicles. What I mean by this: theoretically we play around c1-2, although classes do have skills like deflect magic (which sws also had but no now only other classes get to keep it), shadowstep, "tank grab" etc skills that existed after H5 - yet here is the sws who is even missing skills from H5 like psycho symphony and on top of that live with the nerfed version of song +3evasion from +10 than it was back then. In addition song of invocation is such a useless song here, skelth has made an improvement to it to -numbers of crt received . You only have one attack skill with a 20%?! land rate - sword symphony and a 15sec CD. Lineage by default decided not to gift sws with good stats and skills, but it at least gave them an improvement during gracia/H5, now on classic every other class gets to keep these improvements but sws that needs them the most doesn't?! 

Edited by koncchar66

1 hour ago, koncchar66 said:

on top of that live with the nerfed version of song +3evasion from +10 than it was back then

say-what.png

If you think that SWS is garbage compared to old chronicles then try to talk to any EE.

Edited by Rizos

But that's the point of this class. He's not a dps, he's tanky support. You have lots of debuffs (silence, root, entangle and one more dmg skill from 3rd class with hex debuff) and agro to help ur party win the fight. And don't forget the vengeance song, it reflects 20% of dmg back to the enemy. In that way sws has huge dmg :D 

Also, according l2 classic wiki we're gonna have some changes. Some songs will be 2 lvl. Some songs (the most useless like invocation and water) will be changed completely.

29 minutes ago, Noveria said:

But that's the point of this class. He's not a dps, he's tanky support. You have lots of debuffs (silence, root, entangle and one more dmg skill from 3rd class with hex debuff) and agro to help ur party win the fight. And don't forget the vengeance song, it reflects 20% of dmg back to the enemy. In that way sws has huge dmg :D 

Also, according l2 classic wiki we're gonna have some changes. Some songs will be 2 lvl. Some songs (the most useless like invocation and water) will be changed completely.

All these are not new, sws had the same skills in the past yet he underwent changes cuz he was weak. The real complain of how classes here get to have H5+ skills while sws miss them remains. It's like the whole staff hated sws so much, that they stripped them off completely. It's like every class is playing on classic 2.0, while sws literally just plays on chronicle 2.

PS: I never even mentioned DPS, I knew what sws has always been about, you debuff, sustain and sing, but to have such a low land rate of debuffs when almost 90% of stuns/fears get you + missing a whole debuff (psychosymphony) and a basic defence skill (deflect magic)  is really outrageous. 

Edited by koncchar66

2 hours ago, Rizos said:

say-what.png

If you think that SWS is garbage compared to old chronicles then try to talk to any EE.

Chest%20pain.jpg

for real tho, we picked the shortest straw on this chronicle :(

Edited by FryderykChopin

5 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

sws rly weak guys :

You just posted a video of an overgeared char killing mediocre players, whats that supposed to prove in any case? Btw see how even then the arrest doesn't land... Meh

Edited by koncchar66

Just now, koncchar66 said:

You just posted a video of an overgeared char killing mediocre players, whats that supposed to prove in any case? 

its a defensive support class, if you want to kill people, you will have to over gear them. If you want to play an offensive support class you can always go BD.

4 minutes ago, BlackJack said:

sws rly weak guys :

Now add to it new hero weapons, hero blunt with 406 hp heal per second. Plz buff sws, its too weak :D

Or try to kill sws who has more than 1 finger, with dagger on oly. GL :D

Edited by Rizos

I never mentioned a thing about the damage output of the class. What is really annoying and "unfair" as the title suggests is how sws has a very poor debuff land rate + missing skills from newer chronicles that other classes have. 

5 minutes ago, koncchar66 said:

I never mentioned a thing about the damage output of the class. What is really annoying and "unfair" as the title suggests is how sws has a very poor debuff land rate + missing skills from newer chronicles that other classes have. 

Try playing one of the spell casters and then complain about missing skills. It's how the koreans balanced the game, SWS is still the most important char if you want to have a proper CP. Not to mention that the "useless" songs you mentioned are buffed in antharas patch. Spell casters such as EE/BP/SH/SPS/ORCS are missing much stronger skills.

37 minutes ago, koncchar66 said:

All these are not new, sws had the same skills in the past yet he underwent changes cuz he was weak. The real complain of how classes here get to have H5+ skills while sws miss them remains. It's like the whole staff hated sws so much, that they stripped them off completely. It's like every class is playing on classic 2.0, while sws literally just plays on chronicle 2.

PS: I never even mentioned DPS, I knew what sws has always been about, you debuff, sustain and sing, but to have such a low land rate of debuffs when almost 90% of stuns/fears get you + missing a whole debuff (psychosymphony) and a basic defence skill (deflect magic)  is really outrageous. 

so, first of all, 76 lvl skill, deadly strike - H5 skill - except now they added it even 10s hex effect which is not resistable (max you can defend from it with immunity)
second of all, song of vengeance - eventho sws had this song in the past, it never was reflecting dmg from skills but only auto attacks, and this change makes it superior to most of the songs, would say pretty good change
third of all - the changes you mentioned skelth did, its future update to make sws even more appealing, invocation reducing crit chance, song of water increasing mp regen and mp pool, song/dance remaining for 5 minutes

now lets see what i could say if i said i lvled up dagger to 70+, well, compared to previous chronicles you can fail backstab from behind, your landrate of blows ir ridiculous and you have 0 CC on classic chronicle, switch/trick barely works on mental shield and for most of the good skills after 76 you need tablets (understandable)

now, do i think any of them is weak? i dont think so. are they getting boosts in the future? yes they do. so just be patient and be happy you are not as useless as dagger :D

Especially purify song he is missing, Which is changed compared to old chronicles and is the most OP party buff in the game right? :D

4 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

so, first of all, 76 lvl skill, deadly strike - H5 skill - except now they added it even 10s hex effect which is not resistable (max you can defend from it with immunity)
second of all, song of vengeance - eventho sws had this song in the past, it never was reflecting dmg from skills but only auto attacks, and this change makes it superior to most of the songs, would say pretty good change
third of all - the changes you mentioned skelth did, its future update to make sws even more appealing, invocation reducing crit chance, song of water increasing mp regen and mp pool, song/dance remaining for 5 minutes

now lets see what i could say if i said i lvled up dagger to 70+, well, compared to previous chronicles you can fail backstab from behind, your landrate of blows ir ridiculous and you have 0 CC on classic chronicle, switch/trick barely works on mental shield and for most of the good skills after 76 you need tablets (understandable)

now, do i think any of them is weak? i dont think so. are they getting boosts in the future? yes they do. so just be patient and be happy you are not as useless as dagger :D

unknown.png

:(

Edited by Rizos
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BlackJack said:

sws rly weak guys :

u alrdy forget he used here some kind of exploit and was regenerating his CP? :v otherwise would be dead long ago :v

12 minutes ago, Xafi said:

u alrdy forget he used here some kind of exploit and was regenerating his CP? :v otherwise would be dead long ago :v

well, ofc san0 can vamp cp

Edited by BlackJack

5 hours ago, koncchar66 said:

Oh please tell me more, sweet summer born.

patch 2.0 in a nutshell:

Bishops:

Skill 1553 1.jpg Chain Heal 1 active 194 0 12500000 900 -

Recovers the target and the 10 most injured allies around the target by 30% of their Max HP. The recovery amount decreases starting from the most injured person. Requires 4 Spirit Ore.

Elven Elders:

Skill 1550 1.jpg Mass Cure Poison 1 active 83 0 6800000 0 -

Cures all poisoned party members.

Been playing EE on this server 2,5 years and I still have yet to encounter a situation where I'd need to cure more than 1 person at once. And yes you need a scroll to learn this skill. And yes it also costs 31 magic tablets like real skills. Kinda makes you wonder if there's ever been, in the history of this chronicle, a single EE who actually learned it. 

Also, as a bonus just for you, you know what's difference between these two:

Skill 1355 1.jpg Prophecy of Water 1 buff 72 0 6800000 400 - For 10 minutes, a powerful spirit acts to increase a party member's MP Recovery bonus by 10%, M. Atk. by 10%, M. Def by 10%, Casting Spd. by 5%, Debuff Resistance by 10%. Decreases Skill MP Consumption by 3%. Consumes 20 Spirit Ore.

vs

Skill 1363 1.jpg Chant of Victory 1 buff 284 0 6700000 0 - For 10 minutes, a powerful spirit acts to increase a party members HP/ MP Recovery bonus by 20%, P./ M. Accuracy by 4, P./ M. Evasion by 4, P./ M. Atk. by 15%, Atk./ Casting Spd. by 10%, P./ M. Critical Rate by 15%, P./ M. Critical Damage by 15%. Consumes 60 Spirit Ore.

That's right, one of them is a fcking turns-dead-fish-into-a-fcking-murder-machine and the other is a "you know what just give me Kiss of Eva instead, I like the icon better"

Honestly if there's a single char in this game that actually deserves to cry, it's Elven Elders.

Edited by FryderykChopin

9 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Also, as a bonus just for you, you know what's difference between these two

Debuff resistance OP