Sign in to follow this  
FryderykChopin

[poll time] Would you be okay if the server went slightly more P2W-ish if it meant they hired a new coder?

P2W  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be okay if the server had more advantageous donation options for exchange of potentially having bugs fixed and patches installed faster?

• Yes (I'd be okay with it)
    • No (I prefer status quo)

Just a wild thought, but the report section sometimes makes me feel like they could use an extra hand in the developement section (e.g. the dagger skills which wait for fix for over 4 months already)... But since obviously people don't work for free (and since the donate shop is 2015 as fug), I suppose one of the options would be giving slightly more donation options to simply bring more resources to server to eventually work with. I'm not going to post any detailed options, but since pretty much only thing people use COL for right now are Premium Accs - and thus suddenly releasing any extra options to Nostalgia shop for COLs could completely crash the economy, causing COL prices to skyrocket and eventually make people who buy it for adena quit - I suppose one of the options could be some kind of 'special premium acc' (minus the stupid naming), which would be only buyable directly through the Account Control Panel on website for €, and could include certain bonuses such as +% XP/SP bonus, adena and eventually spoil or drop rate. Could be something competely else obviously, but the point is that whatever it would be, it would noticeably affect the gameplay.

Obviously, in the perfect world they could just release more hats to Nostalgia and suddenly they'd drown in millions, but unfortunately it doesn't work this way - you can either have advantageous things that brings the money, or the non-advantageous things that don't.

no, because i heard their thoughts about hiring new people to project, so hard to imagine it happening

ps: why anonymous poll?

Edited by MoDoy

If they don't go full retard with donations, then sure. For your information I consider exp/sp bonus going full retard, especially on classic. Nevertheless, I voted no because I find it hard not to go full retard with donations.

Edited by SemenArsonist

More effort staff put into project more peoples they attract, more donations they get. And they have verry strong tools to attract peoples onto serwer. For me its like buing product before it comes on market... You buy, but You have no idea what. They want to hire new staff member, to do more often updates... okey lets do it. But its like every single investition, 1st You put into , after gets profits..... not vice versa. They know serwer population is booming after every single update, so it in their interest to try making them more often, and without tons of bugs.

PS. IF You hire new coder plz dont hire the one who was responsable for updates on Dex .... xd

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, GniTs said:

I think AIO buffers with 1h duration would be good

NOOOOOOO man, this is some of the ridiculous shit people mentioned that should be avoided at all costs. AIO buffer on classic x3 is bullshit. The server got to where it is by avoiding shit like that.

edit:fuck, was this a troll post? you got me

Edited by SemenArsonist
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, GniTs said:

I think AIO buffers with 1h duration would be good

Only if it has Skill 1543 1.jpg Great Fury and Skill 1542 1.jpg Counter Critical, otherwise I'm not buying ?

9 hours ago, SemenArsonist said:

If they don't go full retard with donations, then sure. For your information I consider exp/sp bonus going full retard, especially on classic. Nevertheless, I voted no because I find it hard not to go full retard with donations.

Dunno, for me it's like... Even if we ignore RMT where you can literally buy 76 chars and RB jewels - since there still is a certain chance of getting caught - you can basically pay your way even now by buying COLs for $ and sell them for adena already. Ultimately, isn't the xp/sp bonus basically the same thing as buying COLs for $, selling them for adena and then buying the event items to hoard the XP/SP scrolls? But whatever, most people vote against the idea so I guess we can scrap it.

4 hours ago, ProGressive said:

Great fury is actually op with this stun effect, might be really good boost for archers, mages.

Hmm, I did some research on this skill and it says the stun effect was only added on 7S patch... I guess that shouldn't really bother us ?

Poor people and their envy. ? 

@FryderykChopin Im curious on one thing. Where and when do u make up/write trollsh.t like this? ?

Toilet? By watching Ulice? On the way from/to work? In work if u need short time on waiting something? 

1 hour ago, Stiba007 said:

Poor people and their envy. ? 

@FryderykChopin Im curious on one thing. Where and when do u make up/write trollsh.t like this? ?

Toilet? By watching Ulice? On the way from/to work? In work if u need short time on waiting something? 

(a), (b) and (c) is correct. Nothing like being paid for sitting on toilet while watching Ulice.

Edited by FryderykChopin

Now, just try think about poll with TvT events every weekend with nonsense reward like time limited huts/agations on week and open fortress for pvp for low lvls clans w/o CH and your poll can has success. ?

8 minutes ago, Stiba007 said:

Now, just try think about poll with TvT events every weekend with nonsense reward like time limited huts/agations on week and open fortress for pvp for low lvls clans w/o CH and your poll can has success. ?

TvT event is held every tuesday, sure, its not weekend but hey, its every week, so i guess it counts, not to say it has pretty good reqards, not hat or agathion!

23 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

TvT event is held every tuesday, sure, its not weekend but hey, its every week, so i guess it counts, not to say it has pretty good reqards, not hat or agathion!

Its not TvT event, but boring PvP event, where u need zerg and rly fast kill 2times one Captain in ToI and second in LoA. After killed captains is over. (20:29/22:29, "Fun" on 2-3mins)

Its not funny, reward is shit, if u plan invest clothes only to 6+ A grade pieces which after patch will be easier get from new locations.

Result? No reason lost time for nothing, better prepare adena other way for time after patch, than spend a lots of money/time doing A sets +3.

Real TvT events with 2-4 randoms team in coloseum are incomparable with PVP event LoA/ToI.

PS: It was funny maybe first time when we killed first captain on server with CP and killed random pt and made bigger dmg than koreans. MJ hvy armor wasnt bad, but still useless.

Better sold it for 500M adena than try it OE on +6 now.

4 hours ago, Stiba007 said:

Not sure if I caught it all, but actually some kind event for "non factor" clans would've been insanely helpful for the servers' health overall. Remember that a lot of people who are in 50s and 60s right now are part of future of the server that you definitely don't want to lose on. Rewards could've been fairly solid since it would be a clan-based event.

Not sure if there'd be any need for a poll for this - the problem isn't that it's a controversial idea, the problem is that it would most likely require a lot of coding and server needs the patch 2.5 asap. 

2 hours ago, Stiba007 said:

Its not TvT event, but boring PvP event, where u need zerg and rly fast kill 2times one Captain in ToI and second in LoA. After killed captains is over. (20:29/22:29, "Fun" on 2-3mins)

Its not funny, reward is shit, if u plan invest clothes only to 6+ A grade pieces which after patch will be easier get from new locations.

Result? No reason lost time for nothing, better prepare adena other way for time after patch, than spend a lots of money/time doing A sets +3.

Real TvT events with 2-4 randoms team in coloseum are incomparable with PVP event LoA/ToI.

PS: It was funny maybe first time when we killed first captain on server with CP and killed random pt and made bigger dmg than koreans. MJ hvy armor wasnt bad, but still useless.

Better sold it for 500M adena than try it OE on +6 now.

right, because TvT event is definitely not >PvP< event :D sure, you need to be fast (as in every objective focused event, enemy wont let you objectives if you are too slow) but i disagree you need zerg, i am pretty sure if fear clan organized 2 melee parties, they could easily snatch 1 boss each tuesday

reward right now is insane, if you manage to get A grade set completed, you are almost god getting those 50-80% debuff resists, on new update who cares about completing MJ set just to get 50% stun resist for like 1kkk when you can get 30% resist from 20kk BW set

2-4 random teams in coloseum, that must be much fun, getting only DDs into your team or only supports, this is not pvp server with full buffs from alt+B and everyone playing only DDs+BPs, so it will never work out

2 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Not sure if I caught it all, but actually some kind event for "non factor" clans would've been insanely helpful for the servers' health overall. Remember that a lot of people who are in 50s and 60s right now are part of future of the server that you definitely don't want to lose on. Rewards could've been fairly solid since it would be a clan-based event.

Not sure if there'd be any need for a poll for this - the problem isn't that it's a controversial idea, the problem is that it would most likely require a lot of coding and server needs the patch 2.5 asap. 

this, new update gives you nice event even for low level guys, 21h bosses, everyday at 21:00 RBs from 50 lvl up to 75 lvl spawn in different locations, you could interpret it as pve/pvp event, considering how much fight ppl will put for them

Edited by MoDoy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes MoDoy, there is so many news in upcoming update but not info what they choose implement with new update and when...

1 hour ago, Lafi said:

Yes MoDoy, there is so many news in upcoming update but not info what they choose implement with new update and when...

True that, but the RBs MoDoy mentioned should really be quite high on the priority list of the features to implement since they could bring the much needed life into the "middle class" clans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

right, because TvT event is definitely not >PvP< event :D sure, you need to be fast (as in every objective focused event, enemy wont let you objectives if you are too slow) but i disagree you need zerg, i am pretty sure if fear clan organized 2 melee parties, they could easily snatch 1 boss each tuesday

reward right now is insane, if you manage to get A grade set completed, you are almost god getting those 50-80% debuff resists, on new update who cares about completing MJ set just to get 50% stun resist for like 1kkk when you can get 30% resist from 20kk BW set

2-4 random teams in coloseum, that must be much fun, getting only DDs into your team or only supports, this is not pvp server with full buffs from alt+B and everyone playing only DDs+BPs, so it will never work out

Fear clan = WS so if you are fighting with them on other floor and they will farmed bosses. Guess who get reward? Side which stop u and other their part killed captain. Still boring and event on 2-3mins.

Reward is useless. Where can you use it with like "insane" advantage? Most chars are about feed waves and u dont need A grade sets on it. Mass pvp? :D Better make from it adena.

If u get  only DD, w/o buff and w/o reset mp u do nothing for short time. So everyone who take support on this TVT event will be like gold grail. But for some time, he will be out of mp. 15mins is so long time w/o buffs.

2 teams are standard, with 4 teams, 1 team can be super strong but if 3 team start focus 1 team, they delete him. If you are not extra emo tard like a lots of players from my fans club, u enjoy it with everyone random in your team and u killing everything vs you (enemy/ally/random) there.

40 minutes ago, Stiba007 said:

2 teams are standard, with 4 teams, 1 team can be super strong but if 3 team start focus 1 team, they delete him. If you are not extra emo tard like a lots of players from my fans club, u enjoy it with everyone random in your team and u killing everything vs you (enemy/ally/random) there.

well, sure, if you properly think the idea go for it, but your standard TvT wont work here for reasons i said, but just saying "make TvT" will bring just more problems than good, as admins would have to brainstorm how to balance/design things to make them work on classic low rate chronicle (dont forget how ended admins pvp event attempt on 1.5 with pirate vs assassin, even if they had idea and somehow tried to describe design, it wasnt even close to be completed)

and anyway, its just another instanced sh1t for me, i prefer open world pvp (as this is only thing L2 is good in), so new RBs/locations should fix it (even yday i saw in FoM some 2 parties of randoms fighting for lolo 48 lvl boss, i dont think this server needs artificially made repetitive pvp)

Edited by MoDoy