Sign in to follow this  
kontuad1

New player - need advice on character creation

Hi all. Im thinking about playing here since NCsoft classic is a piece of shit. I'm thinking about bishop as my starter/main class. Is this good choice? Will I get problems with getting party @20+ ? My other options are necro, wl or spoiler. What would you reccommend in current server situation (deficit/supreme of healers)?

Thanks for advice and see you ingame soon

It's generally not advisable to make BP on classic unless you have a CP/clan to play with - in basically all random parties, EE/SE is going to be a first choice over you because they can recharge/buff on top of healing - an very often people have the SE/EE boxed anyway so it's going to be extremelly hard to level up solo.

From the chars you mentioned, WL would be absolutely fantastic joice. Easy AoE parties, with bow you can go raids as well, very strong in PvP.

Thank you for the advice, but I wont play with box and wont get buffs with me for WL so if dont get party it would be vhard to grind (as BP I can always smite some undeads :))

Also I would like to know if WL are desirable in clans or would be better to roll pure tank?

bishops are essential and hard to find nowadays. probably most needed class in server right now

but they are difficult to level up as well

I can tell you my first hand expierence, as i've started a BP about a month ago.

I was playing single box only, and donated 2 euro to get top D magic blunt and D bow for RBs. So, starting from 20 to ~45 you are welcome in any RB party as long as you have bow, no one cares about your prof.

You can also try soloing undeads with undead smite - I did for some time, very low efficiency since you burn your mana in 3-5 minutes and then regen it for up to 10 minutes. Keep in mind I've donated for top D 2h blunt (atuba), without donations it gets even worse, the only pros is that by farming undead you actually get adena, while RB are usually not profitable unless you are lucky and get some weapon drop.

So, I got my 40, completed my second prof and became a noble healing class - Bishop. And thing started to change really quick. First of all no one at all need BP on farming parties, since he adds nothing to that party in terms of xp/time ratio. Well we have low lvl acum and bers, but every dude on the server has boxed PP, no one needs even those. You are not needed as healer on RB either, since summoners have infinite mana and we burn our mana in like 5 minutes. And also ppl stop taking you to RBs from ~45 since they want real DDs. Well if you donate for +10 emi, i guess you will get a spot, otherwise very unlikely.

I've met a couple guys that actualyl took me to farming, once... Guess they realised how useless BP is, but were nice enough not to kick me right away, though did not ever invite after that, still have them in friend list :) I was looking for CP, i had a chat with a guy called Fortuna, had him in my friend list to "watch my progress", but they need 70+ bishops and they did not help me in anyway (dont blame them, it is risk to help unknown player), so you will be on your own for a looooong time.

So I've been struggling to get lvl 47 by solo grinding mobs (no one was accepting me on RB/farm party) with our smite undead nuke, which is just terrible in terms of power-to-mana ratio, real mages hit x1,5 harder for x1.5 less mana and any target. The new 2nd prof nuke... dont even waste SP on it. It can be used on any target, but it has even worse (hard to imagine) power-to-mana ration and it has 4s cooldown which makes it completely useless.

Aaaaand at lvl 47 I've decided to reroll into TK (that was about week ago). I am lvl 53 TK atm, it took me about 4 days to get TK to same level as BP, and I am always wanted in RB parties, aoe parties, already got good clan.

So , to sum it up. Unless you have tons of best gear, you have a CP that will assist and help you leveling up - do not start as BP.

P.S.

8 minutes ago, etze said:

most needed class

Yep, at 70+ i bet they are :)

Edited by Orbry
  • Thanks 1

Also it's important to note that there's a reroll possibility on this server, so if you really want to play BP, you can just play EE/SE since they have much easier time finding PT and then, when you eventually get to 70+, you can reroll to bishop... It costs 20€ but it's still much less than what you'd have to pay to be able to play bishop on NCwest :D 

44 minutes ago, Orbry said:

I can tell you my first hand expierence, as i've started a BP about a month ago.

I was playing single box only, and donated 2 euro to get top D magic blunt and D bow for RBs. So, starting from 20 to ~45 you are welcome in any RB party as long as you have bow, no one cares about your prof.

You can also try soloing undeads with undead smite - I did for some time, very low efficiency since you burn your mana in 3-5 minutes and then regen it for up to 10 minutes. Keep in mind I've donated for top D 2h blunt (atuba), without donations it gets even worse, the only pros is that by farming undead you actually get adena, while RB are usually not profitable unless you are lucky and get some weapon drop.

So, I got my 40, completed my second prof and became a noble healing class - Bishop. And thing started to change really quick. First of all no one at all need BP on farming parties, since he adds nothing to that party in terms of xp/time ratio. Well we have low lvl acum and bers, but every dude on the server has boxed PP, no one needs even those. You are not needed as healer on RB either, since summoners have infinite mana and we burn our mana in like 5 minutes. And also ppl stop taking you to RBs from ~45 since they want real DDs. Well if you donate for +10 emi, i guess you will get a spot, otherwise very unlikely.

I've met a couple guys that actualyl took me to farming, once... Guess they realised how useless BP is, but were nice enough not to kick me right away, though did not ever invite after that, still have them in friend list :) I was looking for CP, i had a chat with a guy called Fortuna, had him in my friend list to "watch my progress", but they need 70+ bishops and they did not help me in anyway (dont blame them, it is risk to help unknown player), so you will be on your own for a looooong time.

So I've been struggling to get lvl 47 by solo grinding mobs (no one was accepting me on RB/farm party) with our smite undead nuke, which is just terrible in terms of power-to-mana ratio, real mages hit x1,5 harder for x1.5 less mana and any target. The new 2nd prof nuke... dont even waste SP on it. It can be used on any target, but it has even worse (hard to imagine) power-to-mana ration and it has 4s cooldown which makes it completely useless.

Aaaaand at lvl 47 I've decided to reroll into TK (that was about week ago). I am lvl 53 TK atm, it took me about 4 days to get TK to same level as BP, and I am always wanted in RB parties, aoe parties, already got good clan.

So , to sum it up. Unless you have tons of best gear, you have a CP that will assist and help you leveling up - do not start as BP.

P.S.

Yep, at 70+ i bet they are :)

Daaaamn, thank you so much for this opinion. You saved me from leaving this server probably :)

Now I'm choosing between WL or tank. How do you find usefullness of them? I didn't mention that it will be for PvE mostly, because Ill get to PvP when I farm some decent gear/adena and then decide what will be best.

1 hour ago, kontuad1 said:

Daaaamn, thank you so much for this opinion. You saved me from leaving this server probably :)

Now I'm choosing between WL or tank. How do you find usefullness of them? I didn't mention that it will be for PvE mostly, because Ill get to PvP when I farm some decent gear/adena and then decide what will be best.

DA would be a great choice as well - from 20 to 50 you get most progress through RB parties, after that you exp mostly with AoE parties where you tanks are much needed for pulling the trains... In the meanwhile the solo exp isn't great, but with the summon it's definitely doable just with pots and fish buffs

3 hours ago, kontuad1 said:

lol, dude you cam push as PP or WC, with duals and vampiric buff (or vamp from fishing) or bow, and near 70 lvl reroll back to bp. Or even ask top clans who needs player on their BP.

Bp is a really one of most wanted, you know. Kinda sad that you leaving that class.

Oh, by the way

3 hours ago, kontuad1 said:

Was glad to help. :)

But to be objective, I completely forgot about paid reroll option, it actually might be a posibility for you, though its not an option for me, since i like to "grow" my own char, have some emotional attachment to him, not be just "driver", and changing class would feel like that for me, that's the reason I totally forgot about rerolling - I was not considering it an option. If you do not share such roleplaying "things" you can actually level as different class and then pay for reroll, just read carefully the rules, not every class can reroll into BP.

P.S. my "reroll" into TK was a gud ol new character creation :)

• Like 1