Sign in to follow this  
Jassim

Worth checking out Lineage 2 classic?

Hello everyone,,

As a pretty heavy MMO player who never experienced or really heard of Lineage, is it worth it for a new player to check out? I've played a lot of other NCsoft games and they all seemed to be pretty well rounded but i guess I'm looking for insight from someone who knows a bit more about the game and development of the classic server to even dictate if it's worth looking at. Also what the gameplay style of Lineage 2 is? I assumed it was PVP based or something because that's kind of what it looked like, but what is the end game goal in lineage 2 and can you get there as a free player? Not looking for a money sink just a time sink really. Thanks in advance!!!!usps trackingshowbox 

Edited by Jassim

2 hours ago, Jassim said:

Hello everyone,,

As a pretty heavy MMO player who never experienced or really heard of Lineage, is it worth it for a new player to check out? I've played a lot of other NCsoft games and they all seemed to be pretty well rounded but i guess I'm looking for insight from someone who knows a bit more about the game and development of the classic server to even dictate if it's worth looking at. Also what the gameplay style of Lineage 2 is? I assumed it was PVP based or something because that's kind of what it looked like, but what is the end game goal in lineage 2 and can you get there as a free player? Not looking for a money sink just a time sink really. Thanks in advance!!!!

Lineage2 is something u cannot find so often .. its a 90% PvP based game , map is not so largue so it means you have to fight for spots to farm .. there are no dungeons and there are plenty a lot of WORLD BOSSES around all map and lvls .. dont expect to find a lot of ppl in low lv zones , but at high lv zones u'll find a lot) and yes u can get in the end game as a free player.

but are u gonna play on NCsoft servers or in this private one? i suggest u to play on this private which is really better then the official .

there are so many great mmos which have PVE content better than PVP content in l2, also as newcomer you will get bored pretty fast as its pretty much everyday same thing for 1 month long on later levels and PVP/PK (for which this game is known for) is very dependable on community, which is big trash nowadays (not speaking only about this server, but l2 in general :D)

if you dont have to, dont start L2, its really not game appealing to someone not familiar with it when you dont know what to expect

yeah it's a tough call, I can hardly imagine a newbie enjoying this game... Most MMOs these games are usually full of features to keep you entertained on your way to endgame, they send you to different locations and do different stuff every X minutes to not let you get bored, you do this quest, you run there, you build yourself a new armor, you ride some godzilla, fly to Moon on unicorn, there's tons and tons of different skills that you upgrade and you have to actually aim them and combo them etc... Meanwhile L2, especially Classic, is basically "ok here's your char, you're going to spend another several weeks to months left-clicking mobs and then we might let you participate in the fun part of this game". 

L2 Classic was never intended to be a game for newbies, it's strictly aimed at oldschool players.

41 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

L2 Classic was never intended to be a game for newbies, it's strictly aimed at oldschool players.

This pretty much.

Lineage 2 is still alive because the oldschool players refused to play other things beside this game.

Lineage 2 good days are over, right now l2 is a business for pretty much everyone, dedicate yourself hard enough so when you leave you at least  get some money back for all your effort.

I don't recommend it either but also I do recommend you to download the game, make any character, explore villages, towns and the map of L2. Listen to the music that brings nostalgia to every oldschool player.

If you go out of town, hit a mob and die so you can return to it.

Teleport is free below Lv40.

If you really want to give it chance, keep in my mind that you'll struggle a lot to catch up to rest of us.

On 2/4/2020 at 2:42 AM, Torres said:

I don't recommend it either but also I do recommend you to download the game, make any character, explore villages, towns and the map of L2. Listen to the music that brings nostalgia to every oldschool player.

If you go out of town, hit a mob and die so you can return to it.

Teleport is free below Lv40.

If you really want to give it chance, keep in my mind that you'll struggle a lot to catch up to rest of us.

This

Sign in to follow this