Kse

New comers attraction "Discussion"

Dear friends!

Our advertisement is running, but we think it's not enough. A lot of players are scared to start on an 8 months old server.

well frankly i have to agree with you as long as core players that are mostly in full armor and weaponry they focus on killing and disturbing/ruining your farming while you're low level or newcomer on this server. as one of Lineage II veterans ( 12+ years) i have to say that it will be hard. but still GL to me and every newcomer around!

What about increasing starting level and same starting town?

it saves a lot off time soloing, easier to find people to party with, overall more fun for newcomers.

Already lot of players are saving adena, to jump from C grade top A grande in next 2.0. 

3x is too fast ... from lv20 to lv40 its so faster. Moon set would be for fun. Its classic and its interlude quest . why not? 

​its 3x from innovas 1/6 so its aroun x1 like it used to be. you just have to remember...

how many clients can i have at the same time??

You can have many characters and accounds but you can play only ​One at the same time in one pc. If you want box you have to pay 10 euro per month or pay with adena as fas as i know

You can play 2 chars at the same time for free only if you have 2 pc

correct me someone if i am wrong

(its the best classic server out there for me. worth paying if you interested. i payed for innova classic and i was regret it. Here i will pay happily coz they deserve it. the server rocks!)

Facebook needs a little love to attract new players and new Likes in your page...

is not updated frequently with videos nor with anything else i think if you compare it with other lineage 2 facebook pages

• Like 1

Facebook needs a little love to attract new players and new Likes in your page...

is not updated frequently with videos nor with anything else i think if you compare it with other lineage 2 facebook pages

U sure u following the correct page? xD

last video there has like 4 or 5 days.

Is not like we can make the videos just pop out of nowhere xD

Yee...  But you can give there some nice "hot" information like for example last topic: "Classic Club preliminary 2.0 patch notes." 

It would attract more ppl for forum if you write there short description and give link to forum. But there is second side of medal that discussion about it would be divided to fb fanpage too.

You could get there information about standard maintenances like it's on L2 or Aion official fb fangapes with short description for example: "we fixed skill XYZ, please check ingame and give us feedback". 

Secondary thing is that if you don't remember what is proper name of fanpage it's hard to find it on fb. I don't know is it possible, but maybe you could manage sth that it would appear when you write "l2 classic club" or rename this fanpage to "L2 classic club / Lineage2 classic club".

Yee...  But you can give there some nice "hot" information like for example last topic: "Classic Club preliminary 2.0 patch notes." 

It would attract more ppl for forum if you write there short description and give link to forum. But there is second side of medal that discussion about it would be divided to fb fanpage too.

You could get there information about standard maintenances like it's on L2 or Aion official fb fangapes with short description for example: "we fixed skill XYZ, please check ingame and give us feedback". 

Secondary thing is that if you don't remember what is proper name of fanpage it's hard to find it on fb. I don't know is it possible, but maybe you could manage sth that it would appear when you write "l2 classic club" or rename this fanpage to "L2 classic club / Lineage2 classic club".

​page cannot contain any relation to L2, words such as lineage, l2, lineage 2 etc etc are property of ncsoft there for no one is allowed to use them, we already got 2 FB pages closed at beginning cuz of that.

• Like 1

​page cannot contain any relation to L2, words such as lineage, l2, lineage 2 etc etc are property of ncsoft there for no one is allowed to use them, we already got 2 FB pages closed at beginning cuz of that.

​OK :/  I didn't know that...

But think about rest ;)

Hello i dont think its a good idea but its an idea atleast  and i think it should be heard out.

Why dont you open a new server x3 rates lets say and let new players to come and play they will come like crazy i bealive.  

and after 1 max 2 months when everyone will be at 60 lvl around you merge the servers .    

everyone love the game at the begining when everyone running all around with tons of players .  and many partys to ++
and players always want to accomplise things on their own . thats what make them feel special and get more hyped to play :)

but the late game is the same .      

its the best idea i could think of ..           why i think its a good idea ?   couse even if you add newbie rewards to attract ppl now they will get bored at some point and leave before they get even to 40 lvl why ? the answer is simple couse they will play alone till 40 + .. and its boring .

thats why the best way is to create a HORDE of players. 

well i think its a good idea but got many holes too .    :) its the community choice in the end. thanks for hearing me out.

and sorry for my english :) 

It sounds good in theory but I don't think it would work - when you open a new, similar server, portion of players from the older one leaves there, which means the old one may have problems with population in those ~2 months, which may turn into a vicious circle: players leave -> remaining players see activity decreasing -> more players leave.

Also if you were to merge after those 2 months, most solo players will still be under ~50 and they may feel cheated when merged with 9 months old server. Remember that new servers on same project are usually released when majority of players on the original server reach the end game - which is just not the case here. I heard some people were over ~70, but I would say that's less than 5% of the server.

• Like 1

It sounds good in theory but I don't think it would work - when you open a new, similar server, portion of players from the older one leaves there, which means the old one may have problems with population in those ~2 months, which may turn into a vicious circle: players leave -> remaining players see activity decreasing -> more players leave.

Also if you were to merge after those 2 months, most solo players will still be under ~50 and they may feel cheated when merged with 9 months old server. Remember that new servers on same project are usually released when majority of players on the original server reach the end game - which is just not the case here. I heard some people were over ~70, but I would say that's less than 5% of the server.

​yea thats the main problem with my idea  :/   

but i had to say it.

thanks for pointing out the problems :) i was to lazy to think and write about the problems hehe

• Like 1

Good advertising is the only way. Not to change the actual experience that players seek. 

There thousands of people that are thirsty for a good l2 server

There are many solo players in mmo's these days. Not allowing 1 extra free box instantly makes them look for a different server. For starting on a server like this without friends/clan is quite hard to get somewhere unless they can get faster lvl's by having one buffer.

There are 2 kind of solo players:

1. the ones that enjoy playing alone with a buffer.

2. the ones that has no friends with whom to start on a server like this but getting xp easier with buffer will aim to join clans/cps. etc.

Another solution could be newbie buffs up to 40. But that's Gracia feature.

2. the ones that has no friends with whom to start on a server like this but getting xp easier with buffer will aim to join clans/cps. etc.

​if they are really interested to play here and lvl fast, easiest way is to look into party matching for AoE/RB pts, there is always something up looking for some classes, and its definitely much faster then solo with box buffer (and they wont need box buffer once they join clan/pt)

​if they are really interested to play here and lvl fast, easiest way is to look into party matching for AoE/RB pts, there is always something up looking for some classes, and its definitely much faster then solo with box buffer (and they wont need box buffer once they join clan/pt)

​Yeah, but i guess many doesn't know this. And people who know might be bored sitting in town waiting for a party instead of soloing.

Anyway i think with a newbie buffer up to 40 or 1 extra free box with some advertising might bring new people. Not to mention that 2.0 patch removes the level limit meaning higher levels to aim for, and its only natural to ease the lower level experience gain.

​Yeah, but i guess many doesn't know this. And people who know might be bored sitting in town waiting for a party instead of soloing.

Anyway i think with a newbie buffer up to 40 or 1 extra free box with some advertising might bring new people. Not to mention that 2.0 patch removes the level limit meaning higher levels to aim for, and its only natural to ease the lower level experience gain.

​giving free box will kill the server, 1. this server pretty much lives from buying PAs 2. ppl will stop grouping, and everybody will play with his box

• Like 1

MoDoy said everything that should be said about this.

Multibox kills some interactions between players. In my opinion we could maybe give free teleports for chars up to 20 lvl or free tp between starting locations.

Imho to increse the ppl here you should: 

1) More advertising

2) encouraging ppl to vote the server and give them a reward (exemple 1 Col...) 

3) Exp bonus like 5-6x till lvl 50, in this way they can grow up and if they have no adena to buy stuff they can pay for col and sell them in town.

​giving free box will kill the server, 1. this server pretty much lives from buying PAs 2. ppl will stop grouping, and everybody will play with his box

Fine, then what about newbie buffer up to lvl 40? (ww,shield,might,haste,vr,btb,cubic.and ww,shield,bts,acumen,conc,emp,cubic. easier to progress early.​

1) More advertising

3) Exp bonus like 5-6x till lvl 50, in this way they can grow up and if they have no adena to buy stuff they can pay for col and sell them in town.

​this is also a good idea 5x rate lvl 1-40 and 6x lvl 40-50.

Fine, then what about newbie buffer up to lvl 40? (ww,shield,might,haste,vr,btb,cubic.and ww,shield,bts,acumen,conc,emp,cubic. easier to progress early.​

1) More advertising

​this is also a good idea 5x rate lvl 1-40 and 6x lvl 40-50.

​if u give free buffs to newbies, say good bye to supports in aoe pts/RB pts, coz mages dont really need mp from rechargers and orc shamans will be just useless (raid pts dont need healer as well, tank with potions is enough)

increasing rates will just scatter population on low lvls, ppl will lvl up faster from those lvls and newbies wont be able to find as many pts as now 

overall -> bad ideas imo

You talk like it will be 50x rate or full buff where lvl 1-50 is like a walk in the park.

Orc shamans can use bow just like all the other classes. I've seen dorfs/cleric/se with bows at rbs too. There's no way to gain new players unless the lower levels gets easier. People will still do RB's if rates will be slightly higher because RB give a lot of exp.

I don't see new players scatter because leveling will be come slightly easier or an addition of newbie buffer. People that know aoe and rb gives faster xp they will do it. But it also help new players level faster solo if they like to, or can't find a party during their playtime. It gives the new player more options to choose. Because right now its only aoe and rb, solo xp is worthless. Like i said earlier in this thread, sadly there are more and more solo players in mmo's these days. Maybe that's why this kind of version of the game isn't that popular.

Hello i dont think its a good idea but its an idea atleast  and i think it should be heard out.

Why dont you open a new server x3 rates lets say and let new players to come and play they will come like crazy i bealive.  

and after 1 max 2 months when everyone will be at 60 lvl around you merge the servers .    

everyone love the game at the begining when everyone running all around with tons of players .  and many partys to ++
and players always want to accomplise things on their own . thats what make them feel special and get more hyped to play :)

but the late game is the same .      

its the best idea i could think of ..           why i think its a good idea ?   couse even if you add newbie rewards to attract ppl now they will get bored at some point and leave before they get even to 40 lvl why ? the answer is simple couse they will play alone till 40 + .. and its boring .

thats why the best way is to create a HORDE of players. 

well i think its a good idea but got many holes too .    :) its the community choice in the end. thanks for hearing me out.

and sorry for my english :) 

​Hello as a newcomer who started 2 days ago i would like to support idea of second server and merging In future. Lot of people will come and the ones who are already playing here have really no reason to start from beginning (maybe just few individuals who likes beginning). + now is best time to do that when people are starting to have 70+lvls.Its  best timing to attract new players by new server. And if merge Will come after 2months when everyone is only 50lvl it doesnt matter, because they Will continue playing together and there Will be incredible population rise.. I started 2 days ago Havent met single player until 20 was feeling like Im In singleplayer offline game... 20+ is better and u meet someone more often but still its getting dead and Will be only worse. Now Im 30 a find some buddies so its fine. But i wanted to end because of noone on these lower lvls and was bored by this singleplayer offline game. It was really sick experience for me. As a newcomer i would definately appreciate to start on new server and go throw the low levels with new people and merge In few months. Most depressing 2 days of my life when Ure killing 20+ solo In nograde and cant find living soul on your lvl(and if u finally find someone its twink with +10 and fullbuff - i found this really discouraging in my wooden set and no porting adena for class change quest lol). Its best solution!!! regards

• Like 1

Fair enough, I guess if it was announced since the beginning that the server is going to be merged with the current one, it would make a sort of 'digestable' solution.

However I'd still incline on option simply increasing rates until level 40 where people are actually starting to gather. It of course wouldn't completly remove the possibility of newbies leaving after seeing empty starting cities, but it would definitely help a bit. Maybe some fancy untradeable 'newbie XP token' to double your rates until level 40? :)