rpgmaniac

I was planing to play but...

As I said in the title I was planing to play here until I read somewhere that we won't be able to open 2nd client without pay real money in order to purchase a premium account first, I suggest those responsible for this server to rethink very well this & leave dual-boxing free & charge money only those who want to open more than 2 client, if you don't do that I assure you that this will be the main reason that countless people who were interested to start playing here won't do it in the end, I will w8 to see what's the final decision regarding this matter in order to decide.

Just to say, everyone knew that since 23 march (78k views on this post), here (read FAQ) : http://lineage2classic.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10-classic-10-talking-island-x3/

At least there will be more active Support with that, Classic is not like you play usually, you need a party to xp properly above lv 20-25.

You can play for free with one account, it's enough because if you have a Clan or some friend, it's not a problem.

• Like 2

As I said in the title I was planing to play here until I read somewhere that we won't be able to open 2nd client without pay real money in order to purchase a premium account first, I suggest those responsible for this server to rethink very well this & leave dual-boxing free & charge money only those who want to open more than 2 client, if you don't do that I assure you that this will be the main reason that countless people who were interested to start playing here won't do it in the end, I will w8 to see what's the final decision regarding this matter in order to decide.

​Well, that is true, but...

The basic concept behind classic is that you need to cooperate in order to be successful. That means cooperate with real, live people. If we allow dual box, it will be just another low rate server with limited content. Certaintly not what people, who want Classic, came for.

• Like 1

The main goal of any MMO game is to make players play together. We understand that most of you are trying to make everything solo nowadays cause you afraid or too shy to find party or create it. If everyone will have infinite boxes - classes like PP or any support will be just boxed. So players that like to support most of the time will not have party cause everyone will have their own support. 

We want all of you to become a team, where every class will be very important. Cause if you will play all the time solo - the game will not be so interesting and fun as in a party. 

But we still give the option to play solo for players that just come to find out what Classic is and don't want to coop with anyone.

• Like 3

The main goal of any MMO game is to make players play together. We understand that most of you are trying to make everything solo nowadays cause you afraid or too shy to find party or create it. If everyone will have infinite boxes - classes like PP or any support will be just boxed. So players that like to support most of the time will not have party cause everyone will have their own support. 

We want all of you to become a team, where every class will be very important. Cause if you will play all the time solo - the game will not be so interesting and fun as in a party. 

But we still give the option to play solo for players that just come to find out what Classic is and don't want to coop with anyone.

​First of all I want to clear that I am a veteran L2 player with 10 years of experience 5 of those years on official servers, even there (on official servers) I "always" had my own buffpets, spoiler, crafter etc that's how I always played the game, & also I want to clear that I was always in the TOP clans of the server I was playing that means that I went with them for raids, for sieges, for PvP obviously & from time to time for farming, the point is that with so many nationalities in a server & so many different time zones you can't always find a buffer/healer to come with you & I don't know about how others think but me personally I don't like to loose time, when I sit to play & want to do something I want to do it that moment not hours later, also I might want to play during some very unusual times for example at 4 in the morning were at that moment most ppl with EU timezone like mine will be ofc sleeping & that's why I don't want to depend on others & be free to play the way I want any time I want & that's not possible with just 1 client, anyway I expressed the reason that would be impossible for me to play here if the 1-client restriction remain when the server official open, I hope you will rethink this & let all the f2p players to at least have the freedom to dual-box.

U have payed to play in off servers for 5years, and now u crying for some euros to dual box?O.o

​Let's just say that back then I could afford to pay for multiple subscriptions things have change greatly since then for me & for most people & now I can't do that anymore.

U have payed to play in off servers for 5years, and now u crying for some euros to dual box?O.o

​Let's just say that back then I could afford to pay for multiple subscriptions things have change greatly since then for me & for most people & now I can't do that anymore.

​Times have changed, like you said. Just adapt. Find a clan, make new friends, enjoy the game.

I think, that team work must be encourged. Otherwise MMOs are changing to a single player game. What if all people have boxes and nobody accept your party invitation? Why would you play a MMO if you want to stay alone? Just to grind hard and go PK them? - no thanks. I think MMOs should be a place for chats and cooperation, not only for competition and kills. We must share the positive moments, not only to express our anger on others. If you ask me, I would forbid all forms of multiple boxing. You are supposed to enter a fantasy world, to become a fantasy character. In this order of thoughts, Dual boxing is like schizophrenia. It makes the game like a work process. Let the game be a game. Let the game be a beautiful fantasy book where you enter, that fantasy world. Don't make it second job. We are destroying every beautiful playfull moment in our lives with serious approach with analyzis and starve for results, we forget to be playful and just to enjoy the process. PLEASE, PLEASE don't be so serious. 

• Like 3

SPREAD THE LOVE!! Lineage II is a great game not to enjoy with others. #dualboxisresponsiblefordivorces

On a serious note, rpgmaniac you came here like some other players telling us how great pro player you were and you were on top clans bla bla. Show that in actions. We all start at the same time so you have a chance to be the best. You can only be best with dualbox? Fine, pay 5 euro or something. If you want to get a free dualbox you won't pay for one which means you don't help the project which is doing great job so far. If the server is healthy the community is also satisfied. There will be at least 800 players and the server is international and you are telling us you won't find a single player at 4am your timezone? Come on!

You posted only 3 posts. What's your contribution towards the project's community i wonder...or will be for that matter.

I`d have to agree with most of the people here, that over the years Lineage 2 have become more about having or playing with your own buffer box, where as in the early years of Lineage 2, you would have sooo many dedicated buffers and healers and what not, and i guess it have alienated or set aside teamwork or just in general to play with other people, so all of the sudden you were able to play the entire game ( or most of it ) on your own, my thought is that maybe all this happen over the years as the players declined, so all of the sudden there were a need for more buffers or dd`s, so the dual box came more and more in play, or at least that`s how i see it and i can`t talk for everyone :)

But here on a server like this i think that both arguments are valid, so for me well im just happy im not the one who has to make that decision hehe :P but if i should say something about it, then i would say that i would personally like to have a buffer box, someone said we might have 800 to 1k people on this server, which would be awesome but, half of them are probably Russians which is fine i have nothing against them, but my point is that let`s say maybe half the server will have a language barrier, which makes it alot harder to play with them, so we`re down to around 4 to 500 people online that i might have the chance to play with, which is not alot, which also makes me agreeing with the OP that im not going to sit and grind without buffs, because the rest or the people in the clan im in are offline, so yea it`s a hard line to balance and again im happy im not the one to make that decision :P

Just my 2 cents 

Zaro

Lots of servers I see Running Dwarf with SE box buffer. Running Hawk Eye with Prophet or WC Box. I had a crappy pc to box... Played with Cleric as main,  then asked anyone for party still no response... You're on your own. So Farm Solo with Cleric Fettered Souls in Hardin`s academy till they become blue with Disturb undead :D 

​So find ur luck on another server...

For myself  (who will play a buffer) im pretty happy to dont see everyone running around with a buff bot behind

The goal of this game was party playing and that got lost because of all this freeshard servers out there that allow ppl to dualbox.

Most freeshard players arent even able to play in parties anymore because they became selffish's...

• Like 1

Oh Really ? I wanted to play here until i see they allow dualbox, they actually allow you to have multiple boxes, one account per computer, means you can always use VMs to log several account simultaneously or use an additional computer/laptop.

I want a server like the good old days something like Azurel2, where you can't have dualboxes.

and so in your opinion, ppl who play like with wife/husband or girlfriend/boyfriend or brother/syster or even just a room mate, should buy another internet connection?

Well And I want L2 classic with smart-like quest rewards , with unique class balanced system. With rewarding dungeon content to group with parties... With 100+ different hair accessories available and GoDD Hairstyles , but It's not going to happen. If you don't like this one server there's another classic Russian one. X1 rates but if you Donate you can have x3 rates. There adena drop is troublesome lots of exploits. While 25 lvl monster drops 400 adena 40 monster drops 2-250 adena... Try your luck there ;)

.... With 100+ different hair accessories available and GoDD Hairstyles , but It's not going to happen. 

​Never say never son!B|

and so in your opinion, ppl who play like with wife/husband or girlfriend/boyfriend or brother/syster or even just a room mate, should buy another internet connection?

​Absolutely not, i am not sure how AzureL2 was handling this issues, but that's what GMs and players are for, they report dualboxes.

they were handling exactly same way it will be handled here, hardware client restriction and active GMs in game to check doubtful looking ppl.

they were handling exactly same way it will be handled here, hardware client restriction and active GMs in game to check doubtful looking ppl.

​But the server will still allow one client per machine ? means i can log many characters with several machines ? or one person can only have one account as long as he doesn't have premium account ?

So i can use multiple boxes as long as i have Virtual Machines or laptops

​I think VM doesnt count as a separate machine.

Well the idea is you can play a char using a VM, so we came back to the stating point where everybody can use multiple boxes

ok, lets put it in a simple way for everyone to understand once and for all...

It is only allowed to open more then 1 client on the same computer, if you have a premium account.

If you have 2 people playing on same IP they can both log one client per computer.

if you have 20 computers, you can log 20 clients one in each computer.

if u decide to go ninja and go against the rules, logging more then one client per computer without a premium account and you end up getting caught, hope you wont come on forum complaining about the consequences.