Sign in to follow this  
Sensei

Olympiad - 4 pillars arena

Are we gonna have white hair and hemorrhoids here while waiting for a fix on this?
Once opponent starts using WASD around pillars you have no idea where the fk he really is.
And that's possible in 1/3 of matches we play...Yeah, pretty high priority if you ask me!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, YipMan said:

And we all know who abuse this bug mostly ^^ 

Trademark move of zhttty since oly started in this server, lately it has become pretty popular among old oly players.
Edit: i don't even know why I bother with this thread after 2 years of oly. This is probably client related issue than they can do nothing about.

Edited by Sensei

Solution is very simple. Start giving bans for using this bug, same like GMs giving bans for using cycle macro by farm.

12 minutes ago, Stiba007 said:

Solution is very simple. Start giving bans for using this bug, same like GMs giving bans for using cycle macro by farm.

WASD movement has been there since the beginning of time, there is no way they will do that. Instead, I'm leaning towards a movement-improving solution; some ppl said the server uses GoD files but I don't remember this type of movement pattern when I used to play one. If you bumped on pillar you would stop right there.

i highly doubt this has anything to do with 4 pillar or olympiad in general, its doable on every single wall/tree/rock, its just people have no need to go as close as possible at those so it almost never happens outside of olympiad

also wth, you guys using wasd for this? @_@

Edited by MoDoy

2 hours ago, Sensei said:

Are we gonna have white hair and hemorrhoids here while waiting for a fix on this?
Once opponent starts using WASD around pillars you have no idea where the fk he really is.
And that's possible in 1/3 of matches we play...Yeah, pretty high priority if you ask me!

Im pretty sure i heard they had same problem with this arena on official as well. Dont know if they fixed it. 

Maybe someone who played there could enlighten us. But 100% agree with your post.

2 hours ago, MoDoy said:

i highly doubt this has anything to do with 4 pillar or olympiad in general, its doable on every single wall/tree/rock, its just people have no need to go as close as possible at those so it almost never happens outside of olympiad

also wth, you guys using wasd for this? @_@

it works with arrows too. ok.

14 minutes ago, Sensei said:

it works with arrows too. ok.

idk, i was just wondering coz many times i stuck when i use W to move close to pillar :D thats why if needed i just bug it with normal mouse click movement, to better not risk anything

It's doable pretty much everywhere and you don't even need to use WASD, having both mouse buttons held down and bumping into a wall produces the same result. It's annoying as fuck but I don't know if it's (realistically) fixable. Would be nice to get some info from GMs, and yes, this is what I call high priority, although if it hasn't been fixed in two years it's unlikely it will be fixed now.

3 minutes ago, SemenArsonist said:

Also how about open door matches in olympiad? Did that happen in official too? I'm legit curious.

yes, it happened on official as well from time to time, same thing like missing 120 counter (you get straight message for 60 instead of getting 120 before)

also there was one more on official, sometimes olympiad NPC didnt spawn in cages, so some matches were self buff matches on official :P 

Edited by MoDoy

7 minutes ago, SemenArsonist said:

It's doable pretty much everywhere and you don't even need to use WASD, having both mouse buttons held down and bumping into a wall produces the same result. It's annoying as fuck but I don't know if it's (realistically) fixable. Would be nice to get some info from GMs, and yes, this is what I call high priority, although if it hasn't been fixed in two years it's unlikely it will be fixed now.

i dunno what u guys complicate with w arrows or two mouse buttons, u can do the same just by clicking where to run.. Anyway i doubt its gonna be fixed as it seems it wasnt fixed on offi and i bet Sanos gonna answer its problem in core of l2

dunno never had actual problem manipulate pillars :D its simple character current position is at X and he wants to go at X' that is on the other side of obstacle, game devides this movement to "fragments" if no obstacle on the way texture will travel smoothly with character being on every fragment.if there is obstacle infront drawing flag doesnt allow into game to draw character so basicly character moving while game cannot draw. CANT be fixed imo:) 

P.S: to use or to counter it, you only have to imagine the char traveling. watch opponents direction of looking and u see him making running animation you will understand where he will be in next 1seconds. f.e when u are 4 pillars on opposite sides of pillar character needs aprox 2 sec travel time till be on other side.

Edited by iAxZp

From what i played lately in oly .. with arrows and WASD you cant do it anymore (official you cant do it) ... but you can do it by mouse click (also on official it was never fixed, even in korean client) 

8 hours ago, Rizos said:

i dunno what u guys complicate with w arrows or two mouse buttons, u can do the same just by clicking where to run.. Anyway i doubt its gonna be fixed as it seems it wasnt fixed on offi and i bet Sanos gonna answer its problem in core of l2

imagine not running with a steering wheel on 2020

Sign in to follow this