Sign in to follow this  
FryderykChopin

[suggestion] Add restrictions for sending mail

Either:

a) Enable sending mail from level 25 at least (20 is reached too quickly, however at around level 25 some newbies might already start having spoil alts so they might need the mail)

b) Allow only 1 mail per 5 minutes or only 1 recipient per 5 minutes.

Reason:

BJ9PXu.jpg

This thing is much more cancerous than RMT PMs because at some point you just stop noticing the mails even if they're actually important. :S

• Like 1

a) so lets say you have 6 bank chars that are on the market, you'd need to level them all. Pretty stupid.

b) 1. Really stupid, 2. Less stupid, will still affect gameplay.

a) Woah sorry didn't think about it. Yeah leveling few chars to level 25 would be such a exhausting work it could cause some people to get PTSD. Especially since having multiple traders is a custom feature by default since on offi you have to pay for each acc /but that's just a detail/

b) You didn't give a reason why, just saying it's stupid can make you look like that kind of cool guy who doesn't look at explosions but as an argument it doesn't work.

Edited by FryderykChopin

33 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

a) Woah sorry didn't think about it. Yeah leveling few chars to level 25 would be such a exhausting work it could cause some people to get PTSD. Especially since having multiple traders is a custom feature by default since on offi you have to pay for each acc /but that's just a detail/

b) You didn't give a reason why, just saying it's stupid can make you look like that kind of cool guy who doesn't look at explosions but as an argument it doesn't work.

B) Because most of us understand why. If u finish AoE farm after 3-4hours and u send materials/keys/recipes and full drops on your dwarfs banks, u rly dont want losing by it tons of time. Very simple reason why it is stupid.

1 hour ago, Stiba007 said:

B) Because most of us understand why. If u finish AoE farm after 3-4hours and u send materials/keys/recipes and full drops on your dwarfs banks, u rly dont want losing by it tons of time. Very simple reason why it is stupid.

After 4 hours of farm I still don't see why it should be such an incovenience to spend <1 minute redistributing keys to X, mats to Y and full drops to Z to send it accordingly.

But fair enough, still no relevant argument against point (a) so it still holds as a main suggestion.

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

a) You make it sound like this feature is made to benefit the players. This feature exists, so new players can see the server is alive, it's good advertisement strategy, by the admins. Don't kid yourself.

b) I finish farm in LoA, let's say 6 hours of solo cdl-ing. Usually i have full inventory.

in Scenario 1. I would need to spend 25-30 minutes waiting in town to send all the items i farmed to mules.

in Scenario 2. I would need to send dall 20-30 items to one dwarf. Then log that dwarf , send all the items to the next dwarf, but lets say the keys. Then log 3rd dwarf that sells full drops, send all items but full drops to 4th dwarf and so on. Or just afk in town again for 30-40mins. Oh and what happens if i want to send mats to chars i dont have access to, for example i keep full drops but want to send resources/keys to party mules. You still sit and afk in town.

All this shit just because you can't delete few emails a day.

And yes i didn't bother to explain myself in the first post, because its self evident why it's a stupid solution to a non-existent problem that's barely any inconvenience.

1 hour ago, BlackJack said:

a) You make it sound like this feature is made to benefit the players. This feature exists, so new players can see the server is alive, it's good advertisement strategy, by the admins. Don't kid yourself.

b) I finish farm in LoA, let's say 6 hours of solo cdl-ing. Usually i have full inventory.

in Scenario 1. I would need to spend 25-30 minutes waiting in town to send all the items i farmed to mules.

in Scenario 2. I would need to send dall 20-30 items to one dwarf. Then log that dwarf , send all the items to the next dwarf, but lets say the keys. Then log 3rd dwarf that sells full drops, send all items but full drops to 4th dwarf and so on. Or just afk in town again for 30-40mins. Oh and what happens if i want to send mats to chars i dont have access to, for example i keep full drops but want to send resources/keys to party mules. You still sit and afk in town.

All this shit just because you can't delete few emails a day.

And yes i didn't bother to explain myself in the first post, because its self evident why it's a stupid solution to a non-existent problem that's barely any inconvenience.

b) you wasted time on this tl;dr because I already explained to Stiba (a) is the main suggestion and 

a) don't kid yourself, literally everyone who's active in GH would just make those few chars in one day and the problem would be solved. Or maybe not, maybe people would literally quit and kys themselves because they can't level few chars to 25 :D It's not supposed to make the game easier you walnut, it's supposed to fight the RMT who are actually screwing up the feature - deleting mails is not a problem, people becoming less aware of the mail because 9/10 mails are RMTs is.

1 hour ago, Rizos said:

If you could send mail only after friendinvite, it would solve problem i think

++ that's actually a best option if it's possible to implement.

Option about Friend invite is not standart and need to be implemented, we was thinking about option that: You can send mails only from chars that have 24+ hours of play time or other amount. It won't remove all spam mail, but it will decreased them hardly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

b) you wasted time on this tl;dr because I already explained to Stiba (a) is the main suggestion and 

a) don't kid yourself, literally everyone who's active in GH would just make those few chars in one day and the problem would be solved. Or maybe not, maybe people would literally quit and kys themselves because they can't level few chars to 25 :D It's not supposed to make the game easier you walnut, it's supposed to fight the RMT who are actually screwing up the feature - deleting mails is not a problem, people becoming less aware of the mail because 9/10 mails are RMTs is.

++ that's actually a best option if it's possible to implement.

So you will make legit players lose 1 day in leveling chars to 25, while the botters will just bot to 25 instead of 20 to spam. Good way to improve normal user experience.

1 hour ago, Rizos said:

If you could send mail only after friendinvite, it would solve problem i think

Its good idea, but if you think about, it will still cause problems. For example I don't want to have enemies on my friend list even if they are my friends, as it gives competitive  advantage, to see when they relog.

Or if you leave a recruitment msg or a really expensive item on a shop, you can't just say "mail me to negotiate". You'd have to do this while infront of the PC and answer instantly.

edit: A good addition to make your suggestion more viable would be to add such friend restriction for chars under level 40. Above level 40, you can mail anyone.

Edited by BlackJack

16 minutes ago, Koll said:

Option about Friend invite is not standart and need to be implemented, we was thinking about option that: You can send mails only from chars that have 24+ hours of play time or other amount. It won't remove all spam mail, but it will decreased them hardly.

How about your idear as base combined with a limit on the number of mails per day?

2 minutes ago, Anytime said:

How about your idear as base combined with a limit on the number of mails per day?

Good in theory, but in practice pretty sure spammers mass bot lvl 21 chars anyway, don't think this will affect them much.

1 hour ago, Koll said:

and rest would be banned after sending mail, and seller has to put them on xxx hour again before possibility to mail.

this makes sense. Maybe they would abandon mailing at all :P

3 hours ago, Anytime said:

Limit amount mails per day will be at around 30-50 or something like this. 

How about instead of lvl restriction, set 1st class complete as required? Dont know how fast bots do this, but its better option i think. No friendlist neded bc you can't add char from second acc without login both. Also some daily limit like 40.

Edited by Isoroku
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Isoroku said:

How about instead of lvl restriction, set 1st class complete as required? Dont know how fast bots do this, but its better option i think. No friendlist neded bc you can't add char from second acc without login both. Also some daily limit like 40.

Yeah that also sounds good.

Side note, someone pls feed lexa, she's getting hungry af :D

EidM6s.png