caesar1989

And here we are again... :P

Hello there fellow players,

I've already played here on this server a couple of years ago, and as every other L2 player I quit and come back every now and then, as the nostalgia comes by :P

I really didn't achieved too much when i started here, as I then tried Skelth and NCWest  to see how it was, and was a bit disappointed ^^'.. that's why i went back to FFXIV and Diablo, out of boredoom... but hey, nothing is like grinding on L2  :P

So I decided to come back, but before i restart the client I also wanted some updated infos about the server, and that's why i'm here writing this thread ?
Without further ado, let's get to the questions!

• How is this server going? Still populated? (2 years ago it had around 1.5k/2k ppl online, it was not bad at all)
  • (For ppl that have also tried NCWEST and 4Game L2) What is the reason that keeps you here, instead of going on one of the official server?
  • Does the PA gives other benefits beside the possibility to dualbox?
  • is it a problem if me and my girlfriend play from the same IP? (we live in the same house, and plan to return together)
  • For someone that mostly plays 1 or 2 hours after work (not every day) and during the weekend, would you suggest starting a new adventure here?
  • This server is still up-to-date with the 4Game one? (i know i should search more, and ask less.. but i like to have all the informations in one place ?)
  • I've read about the looping macroes, can anybody suggest a site (or a google document maybe) with some (everyday usable) example?
  • Does it makes sense to have a dwarf to craft/spoil things, or should i just go for my main char?
  • If Destroyer is not the best "main class" to start with (as it would be difficult to find groups for anything), should i go for any other class specifically? (Buffer/SWS/BD/Healer for example)
  • Any news about this? (i opened that thread when i started playing here XD)

for the moment i think i've asked everything, but never say never, i may come back with more :P

Hope you have fun in game (and outside of it ofcourse!)

- Server is pretty populated even though patch 2.0 has been running for like 1,5 year, zaken update should be right at the corner (hopefully)

- haven't bothered playing those servers myself since i found what i was looking for in classic.club

- PA only makes the client that runs the premium not to count as a client. that means u can have 1 non premium and as many premium clients you want. no other benefits other than that

- No it's not as long as it's not from the same computer you can log normally 1 non-premium from each computer

- Not sure what to say about this one. you can't play full competitive with 1-2 hours per day but you can still have fun with casual/semi casual clans/people/parties etc. unless you do some heavy rmt (which is prohibited) u won't be able to catch up with the end game gear/levels etc

- holy shit no it's literally 2+- years behind, still playing on 2.0 mate

- looping macros is just useful for stuff like dances/songs every 2 min or rebuff/recharge etc, u just right click a macro and its like a toggle on/off thing 

- dwarves are always useful 

- destro is fine but it kinda depends what your gf wanna play, you can always do some nice combos with someone else and make your leveling smoother/easier

- no idea really im playing full vanilla client

• Thanks 1

hello

• online near 1k spreaded in 24 hours. lots don't play, cause w8ting for the next patch
  • you don't need to be nolifer to get high results/benefits
  • increases respect
  • no, you need 2nd pc for that, otherwise you need PA
  • yes
  • no, right now stays saviors 2.0 
  • №1: /next target, /attack, /delay 10; №2: /target %party1, /assist, /attack
  • i don't think so, when i played market was full of every piece of ...shakalaka
  • depends on your desire. wanna play solo or in cp/clan? solo = warrior class or sk/da, cp = rest characters
  • have no idea

welcome back and good luck!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, etze said:

- destro is fine but it kinda depends what your gf wanna play, you can always do some nice combos with someone else and make your leveling smoother/easier

She usually plays a support class (like healer or buffer) while i do the dirty job XD... but honestly we are open to suggestions for a good duo to grow up nicely and without too much of a hassle ?

8 minutes ago, etze said:

- dwarves are always useful

Well i kinda knew that, but the question was more intended like "is it worth to play Dwarf first, and main character later?"
but i suppose this is more of a 'personal' choice :P

8 minutes ago, caesar1989 said:

She usually plays a support class (like healer or buffer) while i do the dirty job XD... but honestly we are open to suggestions for a good duo to grow up nicely and without too much of a hassle ?

Well i kinda knew that, but the question was more intended like "is it worth to play Dwarf first, and main character later?"
but i suppose this is more of a 'personal' choice :P

well a good combo would be prophet+destro+bd or wc+destro+bd

and your gf can choose or swap between the supports. but you will need one premium account for that which means 10 euros (per month) and later you will be able to purchase it yourself through farming after 60+ lvl (needs like 18kk adena per month) 

about the dwarf thing, especially crafter is not that big of a deal, the adena is super mediocre and only if you are looking in the long term it's kinda worth it i think. profit is miniscule. spoiler should be better but you have to spend time on that

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, etze said:

well a good combo would be prophet+destro+bd or wc+destro+bd

and your gf can choose or swap between the supports. but you will need one premium account for that which means 10 euros (per month) and later you will be able to purchase it yourself through farming after 60+ lvl (needs like 18kk adena per month)

So, the best way to start is to play with at least one box (and thus spending those 10€) for the BD, or it would be ok also to just go for WC+Destro?

2 minutes ago, etze said:

about the dwarf thing, especially crafter is not that big of a deal, the adena is super mediocre and only if you are looking in the long term it's kinda worth it i think. profit is miniscule. spoiler should be better but you have to spend time on that

Exactly as I thought, well, i think i'll level it up during "dead times" when i should play on my own

Thank you for the infos ?

2 minutes ago, caesar1989 said:

So, the best way to start is to play with at least one box (and thus spending those 10€) for the BD, or it would be ok also to just go for WC+Destro?

dances are a huge boost

with a bd at 58 lvl u will have dance of fire, fury and warrior and at 74 lvl u get dance of vampire

if i was starting now i'd probably ask my gf to play pp since the plan was to go duo. pp has zerg+blesses+mental+holy weap which is nice for a melee dd (destro) but struggles to buff a whole party. on the other hand wc has vampire but no zerg/blesses/mental but is way more efficient for full party

since you only have 3 chars though, prophet is suitable and u can buy vampiric rage fish stews if you find it hard to grind at specific areas without vr

personally i'd put premium on pp/wc and get the bd to 58, then think about it if i wanna boost its level more

i mean even if u leave it at 58 and get fire/fury/warrior its still good

though u NEED dance of vampire to farm in end game areas like TOI or SV. so consider having a prophet lvl 66 or so and ask your gf to play bd as main

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, caesar1989 said:
  • How is this server going? Still populated? (2 years ago it had around 1.5k/2k ppl online, it was not bad at all) - surprisingly good, despite the fact the update just takes way too damn long... The truth is, we're waiting more for the solution of slow works rather than the update itself... Can't give you exact number but it's enough, despite the "waiters".
  • (For ppl that have also tried NCWEST and 4Game L2) What is the reason that keeps you here, instead of going on one of the official server? Skelth is dead, NCwest is insanely P2W (-40% mp consumption pendant anyone?).
  • Does the PA gives other benefits beside the possibility to dualbox? - You get 20x WW2 scroll on activation and the teleportation prices are halved. Not much but it's nice. Also you get a free basic hat for the duration
  • is it a problem if me and my girlfriend play from the same IP? (we live in the same house, and plan to return together) - No problem
  • For someone that mostly plays 1 or 2 hours after work (not every day) and during the weekend, would you suggest starting a new adventure here? - I'd say all fine for a casual play
  • This server is still up-to-date with the 4Game one? (i know i should search more, and ask less.. but i like to have all the informations in one place ?) - oh wow, hah, phewwwww. Well, no. But that's partially a good thing because the latest updates on 4game are becoming G.o.D. of Classic (a lot of L"un-lineage2ish" stuff if you know what I mean).
  • I've read about the looping macroes, can anybody suggest a site (or a google document maybe) with some (everyday usable) example? - can't help much with this one. But anyway it can't be used as a bot if that was your concern.
  • Does it makes sense to have a dwarf to craft/spoil things, or should i just go for my main char? - Pointless. Virtually the only way for newbies to get relevant ammounts of cash is to farm and sell event items during event periods. Just go for your main, survive on pleb equip and wait until event, then farm as much as you can and dress up in Gucci.
  • If Destroyer is not the best "main class" to start with (as it would be difficult to find groups for anything), should i go for any other class specifically? (Buffer/SWS/BD/Healer for example) - Personal opinion, but I feel like destro is quite mediocre here. If you're playing with your gf, SE+warlord combo comes to my mind. 
  • Any news about this? (i opened that thread when i started playing here XD) - dunno lol

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the answers and infos, I really appreciate it ?

I'm still downloading, so I may start playing with my GF from tomorrow.

5 hours ago, etze said:

personally i'd put premium on pp/wc and get the bd to 58, then think about it if i wanna boost its level more

I'm convinced about doing the VIP for one char but now I dunno which class to choose as main >_<
(and consequentially, which class to choose as a secondary support)

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

Personal opinion, but I feel like destro is quite mediocre here. If you're playing with your gf, SE+warlord combo comes to my mind. 

I wanted to go Destro mainly because i love the greatsword style of playing, but if warlord + se is a better option i may go for that one.

Also, in that case the VIP could be avoided? or we should still think to level up a BD (or any other support)?

Edited by caesar1989
added missing quotes

Try and look for chars that are good in the situation you want to play.

Do you plan on playing oly? Do you want to play sieges? Do you want to play in top clan in cp? Do you pvp in big or in small groups? Do you pve alone/duo or fullparty? How many boxes can you play? What do you enjoy playing the most? 

Just my 2 cents.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Temudjin said:

Do you plan on playing oly? Do you want to play sieges?

Sure i would like to, but it is a long shot,
given the small amount of time i have ?

Do you want to play in top clan in cp?

I would like to join a clan, but I don't know if we can fit in a top one...
As I said my game time schedule is tight (and not on a regular basis)

Do you pvp in big or in small groups?

Most probably will pvp only wen needed with my gf or small group (maybe this will change in the future)..
I can say for the moment that the objective is mostly pve

Do you pve alone/duo or fullparty?

I will play in a duo for most of the time (with my gf)

How many boxes can you play?

As the others suggested, I will probably buy 1 PA and play 2 boxes (my gf will play one... or viceversa).. In total we will have a stable group of 3 char (if the box is needed, if going se + warlord can let us avoid the box for the moment we will avoid it ?)

What do you enjoy playing the most?

If you mean character class, i used to play DA back in the day. But i would like to change (and honestly warlord doesn't seem too bad)
If you mean our playstyle, we are more pve oriented, but we also do not dislike a bit of pvp from time to time!

--- Edit ---

I've started reading around in the forum some posts similar to mine,
and it seems like Warlord is not a suggested pick (as it will be nerfed in the upcoming patches), while Tyrant seems to be a better pick.

Keeping this in mind, and knowing that i would like to not play a tank or a mage class,
- What class can you suggest to play?
- Based on this suggestion; What class should my gf play? (she usually go for buffer or healer, and she is ok with it xD)
- And, to complete the answer, What class should we box?

Edited by caesar1989
formatted the post, added more info

Hello and welcome to the server Caesar. Based on all the information you have given in this thread I could give you some hints.

Tyrant is a very good versatile class, but maybe not one of the cheapest to start with. Its good in aoe partys and performs pretty good in PVP. 
Destroyer does basically all the same things only cheaper :P. If you want a fast agile orc take tyrant. Do you want a slow fat ass hard hitting orc? Take destroyer.

Have you considered daggers and archers? If you are planning on doing mostly duo setups this might not be a bad idea. Especially if you consider playing PR, they get fatal shot which will make xp pretty easy. 

For your girlfriend I recommend to adjust to whatever you choose of playing. If you need any help with picking take a look at this reference guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A6N0SEWirtaYLauvEtpgwEivuJXnEdoRv8AIjwNECBM/edit?usp=sharing

Goodluck!

• Thanks 1

Thank you @Humble for the hints!

In the end we decided to go for Tyrant + SE (and a BD box), we are around level 30 (during the weekend we are to play a bit more :P)
We joined Drizzt clan, and it seems really good so far (very nice people, helping and caring about new players :))

Still, if you (or anyone else) have a guide or similar to share (like what quests to do if any, or how to make some money, or were to farm to hope for some drops XD)
feel free to drop a link here,

i'll give it a read for sure ?

For now, have a good game :D

On 5/2/2019 at 11:40 PM, caesar1989 said:

Thank you for the answers and infos, I really appreciate it ?

I'm still downloading, so I may start playing with my GF from tomorrow.

I'm convinced about doing the VIP for one char but now I dunno which class to choose as main >_<
(and consequentially, which class to choose as a secondary support)

I wanted to go Destro mainly because i love the greatsword style of playing, but if warlord + se is a better option i may go for that one.

Also, in that case the VIP could be avoided? or we should still think to level up a BD (or any other support)?

I would go for destro, if you are casual, before u reach high lvl there s gonna be probably zaken patch on i think destro is better than wl in endgame and especially on zaken patch, I would suggest you to play class you ejoy the most.

2 hours ago, caesar1989 said:

Thank you @Humble for the hints!

In the end we decided to go for Tyrant + SE (and a BD box), we are around level 30 (during the weekend we are to play a bit more :P)
We joined Drizzt clan, and it seems really good so far (very nice people, helping and caring about new players :))

Still, if you (or anyone else) have a guide or similar to share (like what quests to do if any, or how to make some money, or were to farm to hope for some drops XD)
feel free to drop a link here,

i'll give it a read for sure ?

For now, have a good game :D

good choice, Orcs stronk

Edited by Rizos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1