Hello, i m here for one of the most discussed subjects since the beginning of the server. Debuffs, but especially LS since its the one my char has. Lets take a look on this shit. As far as i know (always can be wrong so feel free to correct me and i ll remove post cos this whole thing is based on that) it s supposed to have 100% landing rate on our patch, which is as it used to be till some point in 1.3. Anw some ppl were whining that its op af (which i agree but the whole char is useless compared to DA, so idc) and we changed it to what it is now. Atm it has a landing rate same as a stun i suppose. The thing is test server is closed so cant check it. I keep seeing ppl 4+ lvl below me resisting ls and me on the other hand getting stunned and ofc feared. I blame all that, since i have no reason to believe that ls would have a lower landing rate than a stun, to the fact that they have mental lvl 4 and i have resist stun lvl3. Most ppl run like that i guess, not many have EE72. Which rises the question: We nerf one skill cos we consider its too op for our liking, and also we make it affected by a buff acquired at 58 lvl or w.e. How s that balance ? How is fear not a "mental" attack, and thus not affected by mental shield, and a fucking lighting hitting ur head is? If we also take into account that its a debuff that lasts for 5 sec and has 10 sec reuse and compare it to every stun or fear in this game we understand why its supposed to work 100%.

Just want opinions from players/admins. As i said my whole argument is based on the fact that its supposed to work 100% and on the knowledge i have on how mental works. If not right i m sorry. You can trash this post or w.e cos u r afraid for the 4-5 high level SKs of the srv, i don't give a fk.

Well LS atm is like 50%. Yes, ppl were QQ about LS op, but back then it was not 100%, but high smthing like fear. The main difference is LS is active and fear is not, well yet DA can make stun. Well when LS was being nerfed nobody was overusing fear back then like LS and somehow fear got untouchable, but comparing LS to fear, its sissy, coz fear is way more op, not to mention not only DA has it, but also shamans, necromancers, which have alot of other strong skills. So if those are not touched, LS should be not too.

I believe back then nobody knew what was the landrate of LS so everybody though is bugged, and went for fair fix 50%, but now we can find proofs for that. Same goes for mana drain of Orfen and even for Fatal Counter.

Imho after 2.0 gms should focus on fixing formula for skills like they want to do with Orfen.
 I agree on global nerfs like Vampiric Rage. But through some time we talk on forum i feel its not right to nerf 2-3 skills while not touching other. Or if so, nerf or maybe lets call it "ballance" other skills too.

• Like 1

the time it was working 100% was not intended, it was a bug, even raid bosses were get paralized 100% by it. that it got fixed.

the only problm atm with lightning strike is that half second delay from when the skill hits till the skill takes effect.

it was never 100%, only 100% debuffs in game are stigma and real target, but it had really high landrate before nerf,so i am not wondering some ppl might thought its 100%

many ppl run with resist shock lvl 4, becuase u can take it from castle

logic behind nerfing ls was imo it could be casted on non flagged/non war ppl, and since u cannot wake up from para like from stan when u are being hit, it resulted in many ppl dropping items while farming (hello old bilbao/z0z), its stupid it got nerfed, but thats comming from DD which usually doesnt train, so if my main was trainer and dropped several items per day, i would cry as well

• Like 2

the time it was working 100% was not intended, it was a bug, even raid bosses were get paralized 100% by it. that it got fixed.

the only problm atm with lightning strike is that half second delay from when the skill hits till the skill takes effect.

​Yes i agree that it was a bug working 100% also on raids and npcs. I was there, I know it was 100% and not "almost" 100%. But u mean to tell me its meant to work with the chance it has now and be affected by mental ? just asking.

it was never 100%, only 100% debuffs in game are stigma and real target, but it had really high landrate before nerf,so i am not wondering some ppl might thought its 100%

many ppl run with resist shock lvl 4, becuase u can take it from castle

logic behind nerfing ls was imo it could be casted on non flagged/non war ppl, and since u cannot wake up from para like from stan when u are being hit, it resulted in many ppl dropping items while farming (hello old bilbao/z0z), its stupid it got nerfed, but thats comming from DD which usually doesnt train, so if my main was trainer and dropped several items per day, i would cry as well

​I wont pay the price cos z0z is a dick and ppl are QQers. I had my share of shit from z0z also when I was lower, but i made my pt protect me.

Its not affected by mental. Show me proof movie or i wont believe u

Also i was 90% not 100 i think. Now landrate is pretty low (i think lower than offi) but its normal on this server, that dark elf skills are custom nerfed here, nothong new bro ;). Unless ppl convice gms that its better to keep skills oryginal like on offi and do custom changes only to exp scrols, cp pots etc, there will always appear topics like this one

Well LS atm is like 50%. Yes, ppl were QQ about LS op, but back then it was not 100%, but high smthing like fear. The main difference is LS is active and fear is not, well yet DA can make stun. Well when LS was being nerfed nobody was overusing fear back then like LS and somehow fear got untouchable, but comparing LS to fear, its sissy, coz fear is way more op, not to mention not only DA has it, but also shamans, necromancers, which have alot of other strong skills. So if those are not touched, LS should be not too.

I believe back then nobody knew what was the landrate of LS so everybody though is bugged, and went for fair fix 50%, but now we can find proofs for that. Same goes for mana drain of Orfen and even for Fatal Counter.

Imho after 2.0 gms should focus on fixing formula for skills like they want to do with Orfen.
 I agree on global nerfs like Vampiric Rage. But through some time we talk on forum i feel its not right to nerf 2-3 skills while not touching other. Or if so, nerf or maybe lets call it "ballance" other skills too.

Wow datplays changed his mind? Ur on drugs today bro? :O. Finally u said smth smart

Also i was 90% not 100 i think. Now landrate is pretty low (i think lower than offi) but its normal on this server, that dark elf skills are custom nerfed here, nothong new bro ;). Unless ppl convice gms that its better to keep skills oryginal like on offi and do custom changes only to exp scrols, cp pots etc, there will always appear topics like this one

​I cant show u proof since test server is closed. And if thats the case its even worse cos u give a debuff with much bigger cd than the stuns/fear/silence etc lower chance than the other debuffs. Actually its the only debuff that its landtime is lower than its cd. Thats exactly the reason why its supposed to have such a big landrate. 

​I cant show u proof since test server is closed. And if thats the case its even worse cos u give a debuff with much bigger cd than the stuns/fear/silence etc lower chance than the other debuffs. Actually its the only debuff that its landtime is lower than its cd. Thats exactly the reason why its supposed to have such a big landrate. 

​Actually its not the onyl debuff... Sworsingers "slience" (sword symphony) has 10 sec duration (minus mental shield effect i guess? but im not sure if its mental attack or not) and 15 sec cd... and i believe some other debuffs as well...but thats offtopic

I guess its messy after that manual "fixing" LS by admins... it should have like 90+% landrate on lower/same lvl enemies and almsot zero landrate on enemies 4+ levels higher ... same as every other debuffs on classic chronicle... but what i saw at this point its like 60% landrate no matter the level difference (higher or lower)...

Its my wild guess, i think we should test it tonight Sayo :P

​Actually its not the onyl debuff... Sworsingers "slience" (sword symphony) has 10 sec duration (minus mental shield effect i guess? but im not sure if its mental attack or not) and 15 sec cd... and i believe some other debuffs as well...but thats offtopic

I guess its messy after that manual "fixing" LS by admins... it should have like 90+% landrate on lower/same lvl enemies and almsot zero landrate on enemies 4+ levels higher ... same as every other debuffs on classic chronicle... but what i saw at this point its like 60% landrate no matter the level difference (higher or lower)...

Its my wild guess, i think we should test it tonight Sayo :P

In my opinion it works here exacly like u said. Just fixed landrate, no mater bufs lvls epics. Thats bad

No lvls make a difference, but still i dont want it work 100% on ppl 10lvl below me cos idc. I want it to have a proper landing rate on ppl around my level like every debuff, which isnt the case.

No lvls make a difference, but still i dont want it work 100% on ppl 10lvl below me cos idc. I want it to have a proper landing rate on ppl around my level like every debuff, which isnt the case.

​Why not, Why not making it 100% oryginal like on official? I dont see point to touch skills like this on some classes but keeping oryginal skills on other "OP" classes. I also think smth is messed up with debufs in general. When i hex mobs lower lvl than me in loa sometimes they resist 4-5 hex in a row, and i assume it should be 90% but looks like its lower. Same goes for stun, not to mention anchors from 60 lvl death waves landing n 70+ chars (hello EU :DD), slows from 30 harpys landing on 70+ characters, or poison in ant nest or bloody queens landing on 70+ characters lol

​Why not, Why not making it 100% oryginal like on official? I dont see point to touch skills like this on some classes but keeping oryginal skills on other "OP" classes. I also think smth is messed up with debufs in general. When i hex mobs lower lvl than me in loa sometimes they resist 4-5 hex in a row, and i assume it should be 90% but looks like its lower. Same goes for stun, not to mention anchors from 60 lvl death waves landing n 70+ chars (hello EU :DD), slows from 30 harpys landing on 70+ characters, or poison in ant nest or bloody queens landing on 70+ characters lol

​Why not, Why not making it 100% oryginal like on official? I dont see point to touch skills like this on some classes but keeping oryginal skills on other "OP" classes.

​2:11 archer resisted LS, so its not 100% as i said, or 4:02 necro resisiting it on second video (i stopped watching after that), about info if mental shield gives resist vs paralyze, i thought it does, however after watching some videos and reading a bit (not a lot tho, coz i am already home for christmas and i dont have my pc/time here), paralyze shouldnt be categorized as mental debuff but more like physical debuff (kind of weird i guess, but it might be just rumors ive read) and thus it shouldnt be affected by mental shield (but as i said, LS shouldnt be 100%, i bet there are many more videos from official where u can see ppl resisting it, however now for sure it has way lower land rate than on official)

omg PLACKU.. Learn to read...

Why not making it 100% oryginal like on official?

means it should be exacly (100%) same as on official, not 100% landrate lol. On official it lands probably with 90% chance to same lvl/lower lvl enemies without epics or any other resisting factors. 

Dat Modoy.....

About mental shield it increase  resist to:

- Sleep (wc sleep, mage sleep, bish sleep etc)

- hold(Shilien elder root, tank/bd/sws arrest, ol root)

- mental attacks (these are mostly detarget skills like trick switch aura flash, shadow step + fear skills like wc fear ol fear, da horror)

Mental shield doesnt resist:
-magic debufs (hex curse weaknes, seal of suspension etc..)

- paralize skills ( anchor (magic), lightning strike(physical))

-Stun (DA stun stun shot hammer crush etc..)

-physical debufs ( glad hex, stigma, destro hex etc)

- bleeds/poisons

mental shield gives resist to hold, sleep and mental attacks, but it says nothing about paralyze.

and as far as i remember, only fear is considered as mental attack. or target-removing skills eventually.

paralyze should be a debuff similar to stun, only difference is that it should be magical, not physical, as it inflicts non-attribute damage(and it was also bugged until some time ago, since it added m.atk to spell power, althou i don't know if it's been fixed yet or not).

the only thing that should give paralyze resist in game should be the Lionheart self buff from warrior classes.

omg PLACKU.. Learn to read...

Why not making it 100% oryginal like on official?

means it should be exacly (100%) same as on official, not 100% landrate lol. On official it lands probably with 90% chance to same lvl/lower lvl enemies without epics or any other resisting factors. ​

yeah, my bad ive read it wrong rizos, but everything i said in my post stays, just remove quoting you and everybody should be happy

Dont forget that most A grade armors have paralis resistance, so LS with chance like now will be useless, thou w.o A grades when it work normal it seems to be OP, but all comes within time.

Didnt read all the comments, all I can are 2 things.
LS paralyse has 1 or 2 seconds delay on it (Dunno the reason).
72 lvl DA can land on 75 lvl Glad with mental shield + lvl 3 orfen-core in 80% chance. Dunno if I was unlucky but few DA's from perks that are 72- were spamming on me fear after fear with those jewells on my char.

Dont forget that most A grade armors have paralis resistance, so LS with chance like now will be useless, thou w.o A grades when it work normal it seems to be OP, but all comes within time.

by most a grade sets u mean only dark crystal? coz tallum = bleed/poison, mj = stun, nm = sleep/hold