etze

Expand Warehouse

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

i see zero correlation with fishing example you used, but its fine. first of all, this thing is not "extremely useful feature", sure, it might be useful, but not even close to be something so important to even call it useful feature. next thing eventho it might look like nothing can go wrong, its coded there already, always everything can go wrong in coding and i am pretty sure there might be some dupp bug if they code it like monkeys in short amount of times with ctrl+c ctrl+v from existing thing or something.

in second part you said it correctly, there are and will be always more important stuff to do, thats why i am against it, because there wont be ever time to try to implement this.

my bad, I just flied through your comment and saw a fishing there for some reason :ph34r::D 

Anyway.

"not even close to be something so important to even call it useful feature" ~it is absolutely vital feature for collectors. At the point we keep getting more and more untradeable event items it's really getting into a point where we're forced to either discard some or just stop collecting things. It's definitely extremelly useful for us and there's just no "word play" around it. As for the other reasons to implement it, yeah there're other ways to deal with the issue, but saying it's "not even useful" is straight forward ignorant.

As for the coding part - you see, none of us are coders and thus none of us really know how it works. The difference between me and you is that I acknowledge it and I accept that it might be difficult to implement, while you're claiming it in absolute terms.

"There wont be ever time to try to implement this" ~and there the relevance of your argumentation went. 

20 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

my bad, I just flied through your comment and saw a fishing there for some reason :ph34r::D 

Anyway.

"not even close to be something so important to even call it useful feature" ~it is absolutely vital feature for collectors. At the point we keep getting more and more untradeable event items it's really getting into a point where we're forced to either discard some or just stop collecting things. It's definitely extremelly useful for us and there's just no "word play" around it. As for the other reasons to implement it, yeah there're other ways to deal with the issue, but saying it's "not even useful" is straight forward ignorant.

As for the coding part - you see, none of us are coders and thus none of us really know how it works. The difference between me and you is that I acknowledge it and I accept that it might be difficult to implement, while you're claiming it in absolute terms.

"There wont be ever time to try to implement this" ~and there the relevance of your argumentation went.

amount of "collectors" on server is so low that in big picture is irrelevant, thus making feature for them is irrelevant as well, considering what drawbacks it brings (focusing on something else rather than on bug fixing/implementing new patch), its like me asking for more macro slots because i am using all 48 and i dont have enough (yes, i suggested that and it got denies, which is fine, because amount of people having it full who will prosper from changing it is irrelevant amount, its not game changing feature and as you would think its just changing 1 number in code - maximum amount of macros, window has more slots than its uses so there cannot be graphical problems or other you would think, but i also dont think it works that way)

i dont have to be coder to know it is like it is, i think i reported way too many bugs in past and cooperated with admins to see the pace of implementing/fixing stuff.

2 hours ago, MoDoy said:

Your problem is that you probably saw a butt of coding and now you feel like you know enough to make such judgements. Going to restaurant reguarly and knowing what the meal is made of doesn't make you a chef either.

How about you stop thinking so highly of yourself and actually let people who actually understand these things make these judgements? If it takes too much work then fine, let it aside, but if it takes few minutes then please, let admins do what benefits the players and just keep your subpar generic knowledge for yourself.

Edited by FryderykChopin

6 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

Your problem is that you probably saw a butt of coding and now you feel like you know enough to make such judgements. Going to restaurant reguarly and knowing what the meal is made of doesn't make you a chef either.

How about you stop thinking so highly of yourself and actually let people who actually understand these things make these judgements? If it takes too much work then fine, let it aside, but if it takes few minutes then please, let admins do what benefits the players and just keep your subpar generic knowledge for yourself.

but if you go to restaurant for more than 1 years everyday, you order every meal zillions of times, you grasp idea how long it takes them to prepare what kind of meat, so you probably can imagine that ordering chicken with potatoes instead of chicken with rice wont cut it from 30 mins of waiting into 30s of waiting ;) 

3 hours ago, MoDoy said:

but if you go to restaurant for more than 1 years everyday, you order every meal zillions of times, you grasp idea how long it takes them to prepare what kind of meat, so you probably can imagine that ordering chicken with potatoes instead of chicken with rice wont cut it from 30 mins of waiting into 30s of waiting ;) 

But that's exactly the thing, just because you've ordered chicken with potatoes a hundred times doesn't mean you have an idea how Scallop Sashimi with Meyer Lemon Confit is prepared.

I understand that you've reported XY bugs which definitely made the game better for all of us, and you have my respect for that, but you should stop seeing yourself as vice-adming with exclusive right to decide which ideas should be considered and which not. Especially after straight forward saying that because something is not exclusively important to you means that 'there will be never time to implement it'. If things which are less important than fixing bugs and implementing new patch should never be bothered with, then the this whole section is apprently useless, because there're exactly 0 ideas of which you could say "well I'd rather have this instead of patch 2.5". So please, once again, leave these judgements to admins.

2 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

But that's exactly the thing, just because you've ordered chicken with potatoes a hundred times doesn't mean you have an idea how Scallop Sashimi with Meyer Lemon Confit is prepared.

I understand that you've reported XY bugs which definitely made the game better for all of us, and you have my respect for that, but you should stop seeing yourself as vice-adming with exclusive right to decide which ideas should be considered and which not. Especially after straight forward saying that because something is not exclusively important to you means that 'there will be never time to implement it'. If things which are less important than fixing bugs and implementing new patch should never be bothered with, then the this whole section is apprently useless, because there're exactly 0 ideas of which you could say "well I'd rather have this instead of patch 2.5". So please, once again, leave these judgements to admins.

"suggestion" section being useless? well, kind of, dont you agree? i mean, i could probably count on ONE hand how many things were actually changed throught the suggestion section, most of which were heavily gameplay influencing things (like for example QHP potions getting reuse + not being able to use combat), or am i wrong? for other things there is just no time to implement them even if they were good ideas.
and you got the idea right, why shouldnt admins focus on thing which will make happy small amount of people rather than fixing bugs/implementing new things, which will make most of the people happy or will bring them wave of new people? i mean, >YOU EVEN HAVE THAT OPTION IN GAME<, so there is 0 reason for admins to even try to implement this, there is nothing like "leave this judgments to admins" as it is stupid question in the start, you were right (eventho it was joke) when you mentioned zorgzor in your first reply in this topic because even someone brainless as him could probably tell this is not happening

(ps: nobody said you cannot donate for expand warehouse, donate CoLs - > sell them -> buy fishes -> buy your lovely expand warehouse, or its too against your user experience and too complicated, so admins should implement skip of the middle 2 steps which generally take like 30s each for a player?)

4 hours ago, MoDoy said:

(ps: nobody said you cannot donate for expand warehouse, donate CoLs - > sell them -> buy fishes -> buy your lovely expand warehouse, or its too against your user experience and too complicated, so admins should implement skip of the middle 2 steps which generally take like 30s each for a player?)

The problem is that you didn't even properly read the previous discussion. The issue is not the lack of the option, it's in its limited usage - as far as solving this goes, simply adding more levels of the fish option (+removing the level restriction) would work just as well.

4 hours ago, MoDoy said:

and you got the idea right, why shouldnt admins focus on thing which will make happy small amount of people rather than fixing bugs/implementing new things

That would definitely be the case if the idea that I suggested required hours of coding. But you're completely ignoring the possibility that it could actually just take couple of minutes of implement. Just stop thinking of the coders as machines who just taps the keyboard with miles of code 24/7 and whenever they're interrupted, the entire work just falls apart. If I were to bet, I'd say 90% of time is them just trying to figure out how to do what they want to do. And now, try to wrap your head around idea that this may be - maybe not, but may be - really just copying a very short line of code of which they just alter the level of the skill and remove the level restriction. Maybe it's really not much harder than that. Maybe it really can be done within couple of minutes. And hell maybe they'll be even glad to get something useful done with relative ease. I mean, maybe not, but as I was several times before, none of us have enough programming knowledge to actually make this judgement; I accept the fact that if it actually takes too much work to implement, then it's fair to skip. You completely ignore this fact and refuse the possiblity of being wrong. You really need to stop being so self-righteous and haughty. You're not an admin.

Edited by FryderykChopin

2 hours ago, FryderykChopin said:

That would definitely be the case if the idea that I suggested required hours of coding. But you're completely ignoring the possibility that it could actually just take couple of minutes of implement. Just stop thinking of the coders as machines who just taps the keyboard with miles of code 24/7 and whenever they're interrupted, the entire work just falls apart. If I were to bet, I'd say 90% of time is them just trying to figure out how to do what they want to do. And now, try to wrap your head around idea that this may be - maybe not, but may be - really just copying a very short line of code of which they just alter the level of the skill and remove the level restriction. Maybe it's really not much harder than that. Maybe it really can be done within couple of minutes. And hell maybe they'll be even glad to get something useful done with relative ease. I mean, maybe not, but as I was several times before, none of us have enough programming knowledge to actually make this judgement; I accept the fact that if it actually takes too much work to implement, then it's fair to skip. You completely ignore this fact and refuse the possiblity of being wrong. You really need to stop being so self-righteous and haughty. You're not an admin.

none of us has programming knowledge to make this judgment - hold on a second, i know you couldnt realize i study informatics on university and the things you described arent like you did? yes, 90% of the time is you thinking how to properly code something and you dont want to be interrupted by bullsh1ts coz you need to be even more focused than during coding part, its not like "oh, let me think for 5 minutes about this and after let me think 5 mins about that" and if they really code by copying lines from 1 part of code to second, then i am really not wondering server has bugs which need months to be solved as it is also very bad habit in programming. i am pretty sure l2 scripter is not a terribly hard thing to do which i could actually do, considering san0 is changing some stuff himself

Edited by MoDoy

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

none of us has programming knowledge to make this judgment - hold on a second, i know you couldnt realize i study informatics on university and the things you described arent like you did? yes, 90% of the time is you thinking how to properly code something and you dont want to be interrupted by bullsh1ts coz you need to be even more focused than during coding part, its not like "oh, let me think for 5 minutes about this and after let me think 5 mins about that" and if they really code by copying lines from 1 part of code to second, then i am really not wondering server has bugs which need months to be solved as it is also very bad habit in programming. i am pretty sure l2 scripter is not a terribly hard thing to do which i could actually do, considering san0 is changing some stuff himself

Then get involved. But until then, please leave these decisions on people who are in charge.

2 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Then get involved. But until then, please leave these decisions on people who are in charge.

wish it would be that easy, they are probably too afraid to let outsider near their files so max i can do for this server is blackbox tester ;) i am sure this thing is not getting implemented, but if your heart (would say brain but thats debatable) will be only happy once you hear same answer from admin, then keep waiting, who knows, maybe if you spam them about it in every second topic like you did with sleep animation (except the fact there you had community behind you that it would actually be good, still it took you half year to achieve eventho it was "only deleting 1 animation, how hard it can be"), maybe you will achieve your dream of donating for expanded warehouse

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

wish it would be that easy, they are probably too afraid to let outsider near their files so max i can do for this server is blackbox tester ;) i am sure this thing is not getting implemented, but if your heart (would say brain but thats debatable) will be only happy once you hear same answer from admin, then keep waiting, who knows, maybe if you spam them about it in every second topic like you did with sleep animation (except the fact there you had community behind you that it would actually be good, still it took you half year to achieve eventho it was "only deleting 1 animation, how hard it can be"), maybe you will achieve your dream of donating for expanded warehouse

I don't understand why are you being so bitter; all I'm asking you is to let admins have this decision. I believe it's not a difficult thing to implement, but if it is - and that's where I ask you to leave your opinion out of - I'm perfectly fine with the feature being postponed. Nothing more, nothing less. No need to get all upset about such little things :)

wtf how did this thread end up like this?

i was just asking a question bout the warehouse passive skill

Are you guys serious? There are at least 3 obvious active drama bait threads and you guys choose to shit up the one thread that actually has a reasonable proposal.

Edited by SemenArsonist

22 minutes ago, SemenArsonist said:

Are you guys serious? There are at least 3 obvious active drama bait threads and you guys choose to shit up the one thread that actually has a reasonable proposal.

in other 3 topics the main actors refuse to answer and participate in discussion, so you just grab opportunity forum gives you

On 6/27/2018 at 6:15 PM, FryderykChopin said:

Fellow collector? Hi! :)

The wiki says only 7: https://l2wiki.com/classic/Fishing_-_Skills#Expand Warehouse... But since we're talking WH slots, I'd like to ask @Manton @Kse @San0 @zorgzor@Co-owner - could we please get additional WH expand option through donate with COLs? It's absolutely P2W-free and it makes life of many people, especially us collectors, much easier. I'd be more than happy to pay even if it was a direct paid feature. //Oh and the fishy option adds only 6 slots per level.

zorgzor AHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAH