FryderykChopin

[You Laugh You Lose challenge] NCwest gets exposed

That feeling when the s***storm starts growing into such apocalyptic dimensions you just need to merge topics about it just so there are at least 2 or 3 topics on the 1st page that are NOT about the issue:

pendantki02.png.79e8bc63df4a4e8a0faa7ded035e6c4c.png

Instead of watching and laughing with what they do there, we better check and see what our server does here. I am here 4 months and all I hear is that update gonna hit soon and many people will join. Instead of that, I see a lot of people leaving and many people don’t even have the will to log and play.

If update won’t come soon with new boosts for new players so they can catch up situation gonna be same like on chronos. Only people with overenchaded weapons and epics lvl 3 gonna stay here, waiting for the server to die.

server is really good. But need more advertising, more happenings and maybe a lil more pay2win options for newcomers. I dunno like weekly runes 100% xp 1-70. Or something like that.

Btw 2.0 and 2.5 hits together on off by the end of the month. Pray for us!

2 minutes ago, zadkiel said:

Instead of watching and laughing with what they do there, we better check and see what our server does here. I am here 4 months and all I hear is that update gonna hit soon and many people will join. Instead of that, I see a lot of people leaving and many people don’t even have the will to log and play.

If update won’t come soon with new boosts for new players so they can catch up situation gonna be same like on chronos. Only people with overenchaded weapons and epics lvl 3 gonna stay here, waiting for the server to die.

server is really good. But need more advertising, more happenings and maybe a lil more pay2win options for newcomers. I dunno like weekly runes 100% xp 1-70. Or something like that.

Btw 2.0 and 2.5 hits together on off by the end of the month. Pray for us!

one side has unlimited resources and programers, another side has 1 pleb programing in his mom's basement and has income of a Slovenian single mother.

Slow and steady, id rather have this than bullshitery like ncsoft.

58 minutes ago, Pendragon said:

one side has unlimited resources and programers, another side has 1 pleb programing in his mom's basement and has income of a Slovenian single mother.

Slow and steady, id rather have this than bullshitery like ncsoft.

no, they screwed up, it was said zillions of times updates are taking them too long and not to lose people, they should split 1 ncsoft patch into more small ones which will be distributed over year, so people get this feeling of "hype" and need to farm something new

san0 said before saviors "well, this is big patch, ofc it take long to implement, zaken patch will be much easier as there are much fewer features" - and look at it now, its already 1.5 year since we go saviors update and zaken patch is not even in visibility

instead of forcing the update all at once, they could make small releases like:
1st month - new set bonuses + new super runes
2nd/3rd month - skill balancing + olympiad rewards
4th/5th month - new bosses
6th/7th month - GC zone
8th/9th month - devils island zone
10th/11th month - augmentation system
12th/13th month - finish other irrelevant features (like making all first classes same icon in party window)

wuala, you make full update in same amount of time, but community will be kinda hyped ever 1-2 months for new features, also people will see we are getting updates frequently (even if small ones), which shows that admins are working non stop on it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Rizos said:

How do you farm these pendants? $$$$?

Yup. It's just like the good ole' brooches, except arguably much more influential. Stuff like -40% mp consumption is a royal nightmare to anyone not willing to spend couple k's

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

they should split 1 ncsoft patch into more small ones which will be distributed over year, so people get this feeling of "hype" and need to farm something new

^This, so much. Generally a lot of stuff that could be done much better way, it's even some elementary stuff like updating the donate store. It hasn't been updated since the start, and the issue is that because they obviously get no revenue from the shop itself, they need to depend on other sources of income which actively hurt the game, like the dualbox. If they just reworked the whole PA and donate shop to be a bit more P2W-ish but so that it allowed players to get a free dualbox, it would've helped the server a ton. Nobody's going to leave because the PA gives e.g. +5% XP, drop, fishing or whatever but sure as hell a lot of people leave when they realize they can't box a buffer without spending 10$ on a server they don't even know if they want to play in a longterm.

It could be even a free dualbox for a month or so, but the point is that it feels like it's completely pointless to even suggest anything at this point because things just aren't moving, like, at all. Which to me is an absolute shame because this server has a great potential, heavily amplified by the recent NCwest fiasco (and more to come, surely). NCwest bent you over, Skelth is paid, you can't speak Russian, this is where you come. Unfortunately, nobody's inviting at this point.

Edited by FryderykChopin

33 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

no, they screwed up, it was said zillions of times updates are taking them too long and not to lose people, they should split 1 ncsoft patch into more small ones which will be distributed over year, so people get this feeling of "hype" and need to farm something new

san0 said before saviors "well, this is big patch, ofc it take long to implement, zaken patch will be much easier as there are much fewer features" - and look at it now, its already 1.5 year since we go saviors update and zaken patch is not even in visibility

6th/7th month - GC zone
12th/13th month - finish other irrelevant features (like making all first classes same icon in party window)

wuala, you make full update in same amount of time, but community will be kinda hyped ever 1-2 months for new features, also people will see we are getting updates frequently (even if small ones), which shows that admins are working non stop on it

24aae7ad2d78970d490d6ec9a8669a7a4c4f38af00c3f4780c46bbcb48b6f507.jpg

This is the answer a couple of people get when we asked for a better new comer pack to make new people research end game a little bit faster and join server sides/dramas.

11.png

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

6th/7th month - GC zone

Well they spend like 8 months making antharas client work so lets say number 1 of ur list could be done after 10 months, oly rewards after 12 etc. But still would be much better if they make it like this. Just make new client work, fix all bugs (make game be same as 1.5 patch but runing on antharas client) and then make small patches every 2 months.

Mby its good to rly consider server reopening and merge with old one after half year to bring many ppl when new patch is done. They could get extra money if there ar emuch more ppl playing. They could hire 1 more developer team which would work on integrating new client (7 signs or smth) for future patch while Manton could work on fixing bugs and introducing small patches to current client, then new client patch could come in less than 1 year from previous update. Making "p2w donates" like 1-70 exp runes or 1-70 full buff items for lowbies could also bring extra money

Edited by Rizos

They prolly woulda forced it out quicker if server was dying, its not however, compared to 1.5 ending to this, its very much alive, so they are less stressed out to launch it, + more time for ncsoft to fuck up

1 hour ago, Jsem said:

This is the answer a couple of people get when we asked for a better new comer pack to make new people research end game a little bit faster and join server sides/dramas.

11.png

Yeah but there's just so much wrong with it it's insane, I won't even go into details just basics why those arguments don't wort:

1) No freebies - that argument would work if the early game was populated enough, right now most people dwell 60+ and it's borderline impossible for newbies to find a party around the early levels. The only way to get a party there sometimes is through RBs but *gotcha* you don't get invited if you don't have bow, and you don't have bow when you're a newbie. Sure, you can just box a buffer but *gotcha* you can't because it's locked behind a paywall, which leads to another point:

2) shop is updated when they see fit - the problem isn't that X or Y isn't available for those who want to pay it, the problem is that server obviously requires money to run which would be infinitely less painful to get from extra cloaks or slight P2W stuff rather than locking dualbox behind a paywall. Extra point: I'm one of the owners of the santa outfit from 2015. If the price is set high enough (ideally, the older the item is, the higher the price), I wouldn't mind, as long as the dualbox for newbies get unlocked.

3) "buff scrolls are still around so the opinion they're obsolete makes no sense" hahahahh this one got me good, let's take a good look:
Shield Scroll = Shield lv 3 = 1 COL = ~200k
Beer buff = Shield lv 3, Might lv 3, Empower lv 3, Haste lv 2, I mean entire f***ing full buff = ~200k on market

Sure the PK scrolls might find a use but the issue gets back to 1) and 2) debunked before

4) Offline zones are limited time event - That's probably the longest limited time event any server has ever had. I'm quite fan of the offline ticket zone and I fully support their return though as long as we get the dualbox paywall out (I mean damn, even without it, the idea was quite brilliant to be honest)

5) Exaggerating much. I don't remember what the discussion was about back then but I'm sure it was aimed at people not getting invited into ~20 RB parties because they don't have bow (and can't box buffer to farm effficiently alone). It's just that, nothing beyond that is necessary. Low C guns cost less than top D ones.

6) Reaching endgame in 1 month - the issue is not people taking too long to reach endgame, the issue is people leaving because there's just too many unnecessary obstacles.

7) The shop is there you don't have to use it - yeah back to the "box behind a paywall because not enough painless items get sold" problem

8 ) Well whatever you do, it just doesn't work right now - things take way too long to get done, so much that people are in fact leaving.

9) Removing prices for <40 teleports - agree there, it should help a bit. Won't do much as long as dualbox is locked behind paywall tho.

1) No freebies - that argument would work if the early game was populated enough, right now most people dwell 60+ and it's borderline impossible for newbies to find a party around the early levels. The only way to get a party there sometimes is through RBs but *gotcha* you don't get invited if you don't have bow, and you don't have bow when you're a newbie. Sure, you can just box a buffer but *gotcha* you can't because it's locked behind a paywall, which leads to another point:

so newbie cant afford to donate to buy bow but u want more p2w starting packs?

NCsoft. 

Not even once. 

I'm so glad I didn't fall for the ncwest hype and managed to get a a few months of undisturbed farm while everyone flocked to the ncwest server. Don't ever trust innova and ncwest. Everything they touch is doomed to fail. Who even sat down and thought that giving players such op items was a good idea? 

1 hour ago, Rizos said:

Well they spend like 8 months making antharas client work so lets say number 1 of ur list could be done after 10 months, oly rewards after 12 etc. But still would be much better if they make it like this. Just make new client work, fix all bugs (make game be same as 1.5 patch but runing on antharas client) and then make small patches every 2 months.

Mby its good to rly consider server reopening and merge with old one after half year to bring many ppl when new patch is done. They could get extra money if there ar emuch more ppl playing. They could hire 1 more developer team which would work on integrating new client (7 signs or smth) for future patch while Manton could work on fixing bugs and introducing small patches to current client, then new client patch could come in less than 1 year from previous update. Making "p2w donates" like 1-70 exp runes or 1-70 full buff items for lowbies could also bring extra money

there are no new skills added on this patch, just reworked, you dont need antharas patch for them to balance things/change stuff on skills / olympiad shop, and even then as you said, imagine we would get first "small" update like 4 months ago with new sets, people would be hyped and would farm to make their sets +6/7/8, olympiad and pvp would become a bit more balanced with introduction of BW sets, then in 2 month people would be hyped coz olympiad shop would be updated = 3rd class skills for lots of people including solo players for who its very hard to gain, reworked skills which once again would balance pvp a bit, etc. etc.

remember what hype was when they introduced hero weapons 3 months into saviors update? i think that was the month where every alliance tried the hardest to get as many heroes as possible, such small thing as hero weapons changed point of view on olympiad

then remember when they introduced priests, a.k.a. "mini epics"? holy sh1t, how much pvp was there, ppl were camping them, when it was about to spawn there were like 5-6 cameras, and again, thats just introduction of 4 high lvl bosses, not anything big

I suggested a lot of things on that thread you mentioned, even doing a breakdown on donation shop items and their relevancy. All I got was an angryish reply by san0. But to be honest I understand that they are quite busy at the moment and they have more important stuff to do than freshen up the donation shop. Still it would be good to have it fixed at some point,as it really feels outdated. As for the patch, a lot of people have gotten tired of TOI, I agree, but I would prefer if we actually waited a bit more and get a polished end product than a buggy mess that has been rushed for release. Either way I assume they want to attract a shitton of people and a full zaken update sounds much better for marketing  than 1/Xth of zaken update and a new part being released every 2 months. That being said, I guess we have to be patient. 

21 minutes ago, SemenArsonist said:

Either way I assume they want to attract a shitton of people and a full zaken update sounds much better for marketing  than 1/Xth of zaken update and a new part being released every 2 months. That being said, I guess we have to be patient. 

having frequent mini updates would keep people busy playing, that way more people would play no matter which time of year it is and that would certainly attract more people, considering they know they are going to see some new features getting implemented instead of knowing next update comes in 2 years (from what i heard, many people went to off because they know they are going to get new updates frequently while here you have to wait 2 years)

15 hours ago, Rizos said:

so newbie cant afford to donate to buy bow but u want more p2w starting packs?

I'm struggling to figure out what's "pay to win" about starting packs - I meant them to be free like the current starting packs, except they'd include shadow low D guns (especially a bow which would be part of the opening regardless of the choosing).

But as I said it's one of the smaller issue, the largest bottleneck the server is facing in newbie area is the locked dualbox...

Ok this one made me giggle in the morning - players keep calling the mods out on completely ignoring every single question about the P2W pendants. Someone notices that the main community manager's title changed literally to 'inactive members' (couldn't come up with this one) and she only wakes up to disprove this. What member 'Degus' came up with afterwards is virtually a retirement-worthy burn:

inactive.thumb.jpg.5aa89e3e6ed915e075d66f7a00ef2a23.jpg

https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/11813-hime-is-an-inactive-member/?tab=comments#comment-86979

• Like 2

The ride just never ends guys. Admins kickin it in the Caribbean for all the money from pendants so forum's AI throws them into "inactive members" group automatically :D

inactivo.thumb.jpg.c84b7ca01ad84e04328653108a78e417.jpg

Edited by FryderykChopin

Haven't posted in a while because it starts feeling like beating a dead horse but anyway. Water Pendants. Aside from being virtually a gmspeed RB jewel, it also adds massive flat m.crit damage, so if you use a basic magic skill and it crits (pendant gives m.crit rate as well), you get the full bonus damage. Here's what happens (mind you, it's not even +10 yet):

On 5/2/2019 at 2:04 PM, FryderykChopin said:

Haven't posted in a while because it starts feeling like beating a dead horse but anyway. Water Pendants. Aside from being virtually a gmspeed RB jewel, it also adds massive flat m.crit damage, so if you use a basic magic skill and it crits (pendant gives m.crit rate as well), you get the full bonus damage. Here's what happens (mind you, it's not even +10 yet):

well, to be fair, that pendant works like dot debuff crit, so except having huge flat bonus from p2w item, i dont think mechanically its DAT broken