Just wondering if this is a good place to start and stay a while? i stopped l2 in skelth 3 years a go and havent played since.

Not going hardcore maybe "semihardcore" i could say.

I almost forgot, do you guys have free dual box?

the only classic server worth to start, server is up 5 years so you can be sure it wont wipe soon like every outher server out there. Also Admins make updater every half year or so and they cut retarded content: we dont have instances, auto farm, loop macros etc. Online is stabile, lately growing so you should be able to find ppl farming even on lower lvls.

About boxing, you need 2nd pc to log 2 accs for free, or buy premium account - 1 month = 10 euro or 30kk

server is old as dinosaur shit, everyone is 76+.

People have thousands for +16 red glowing weapons.

Everyone has their own WC/BD/SWS/BD/SPOILER/ES (oly farmer).

But since it is the only alive server, yeah, u can play here.

It would be not fair to say that online is stable and growing. It's probably the most stable within chinese prime, but in general server lost a lot of people recently. My guess is that some of them will return back eventually, but it's not relevant if you're gonna play now. You will log and see that the most population has +++ weapons and armors, and who knows what else is under. This is months and years of farming (or thousands of euros that you can spend in auction). Sometimes new players get really upset when they understand that it's hard for them to catch up with lvls and gear, and without that they lose some end-game content or they're simply not enjoying it. And there is not much else to do, unless you don't mind pve/raids all the time (and you don't need to contest raids anymore, yaaay). It's just how it works, love it or hate it. It really depends on what kind of a player you are, if you're not intimidated - welcome! The good thing about server if you take a break for some reason and decide to come back after many months, you will still have all your chars and gear, so you can continue playing without any problems.
In order to dualbox you have to purchase premium account for euro/adena or launch second account from another pc/laptop if you have this opportunity.

Online was dropping several months ago, from my observation last 1-2 months its growing i wish i had access to numbers. Just my subjective opinion on how many ppl i see joining forum, low lvl locations and especially many new groups who hit 70+ recently

I dont really mind the +++ weapons and armos i believe it should be normal in a 5 year server but paying 10 euros for box is like paying for a subcription. Good for old players that can afford to pay 30kk but kinda bad for the new ones tbh. As Donkihot said if everyone have their own supports the only way to go is going dd+buffer.

I still will give it a chance, thanks for the responses. 

• Like 1

1.very stable server                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    2.good online for 5+ year old server                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            3.bit slow on updates,but stability of server pays that off.                                                                                                                                                                                                        4.you will never catch up top players with gear,but if thats not youre goal then thats the place for you :)                                                                                                                                5.admins always helpful,but too many times when they interrupting game policy (returning dropped/stolen items and so on).thats annoying.

2 hours ago, iScream said:

I dont really mind the +++ weapons and armos i believe it should be normal in a 5 year server but paying 10 euros for box is like paying for a subcription. Good for old players that can afford to pay 30kk but kinda bad for the new ones tbh. As Donkihot said if everyone have their own supports the only way to go is going dd+buffer.

I still will give it a chance, thanks for the responses. 

i can tell you that "subscription" model is much much better than actual f2p but p2w in game shop system, you know its not about lottery to enchant some OP item from shop in 5 bucks or 200 bucks while you know that people who can throw 200 bucks wont get ez advantage over you (just gonna say that if your concern is about the 10e per month for PA, its usually problem just first month which you have to pay, after that if you decide to get it through adena, its actually pretty easy task to farm that amount)

40 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

i can tell you that "subscription" model is much much better than actual f2p but p2w in game shop system, you know its not about lottery to enchant some OP item from shop in 5 bucks or 200 bucks while you know that people who can throw 200 bucks wont get ez advantage over you (just gonna say that if your concern is about the 10e per month for PA, its usually problem just first month which you have to pay, after that if you decide to get it through adena, its actually pretty easy task to farm that amount)

Can't argue with you, subcription model is always better but after some years its not worth it, thats why old p2p l2 had so many servers and players. Well in skelth was always worth it paying those 20 euros but after the population drop below 200 f2p was the only way to save that server but they decide to closed it.

I really don't mind to pay 10euros for subcription/box with high pop but paying 10 euros for low pop/endgame server for freshcomers is like a pain in the ass.

From my pass experiences this kind of server only survives thanks to old players clans taking long breaks and then coming back for the fun and so. Just saying that pay for dualbox barrier will piss some new comers and that should be take in consideration.

But like i said, i will give it a chance, havent found anything better than this.

7 hours ago, Rizos said:

Online was dropping several months ago, from my observation last 1-2 months its growing i wish i had access to numbers. Just my subjective opinion on how many ppl i see joining forum, low lvl locations and especially many new groups who hit 70+ recently

oh stop it dude )) lets be real, all those "new players" are just another boxes of mine or other person (chinese,br,eu)who decided what if "I" will play glad? :D

The online is same, I dont see anybody new, no new cps, few ppl are new, but at same time old people left. 

Edited by Donkihot

39 minutes ago, Donkihot said:

oh stop it dude )) lets be real, all those "new players" are just another boxes of mine or other person (chinese,br,eu)who decided what if "I" will play glad?

The online is same, I dont see anybody new, no new cps, few ppl are new, but at same time old people left. 

no they are not , pretty sure you dont even play lately. correct me if im wrong.

edit: that doesnt mean that some old players didnt leave.

Edited by Yomana

1 hour ago, Yomana said:

correct me if im wrong.

u are not.

there is no logical explanation, why would server have more new comers. This is boomers game, kids dont even know about lineage 2 existence.

So in theory, ppl get older and they get wifes, kids, they stop playing, and since we dont have fresh blood, l2 community numbers are going lower and lower, day by day.

So only reason online(new comers flow) might get higher is, that some random boomer would get tired of hf 5 server and he will switch here. But again, the amount of time I played here, and did low lvl rb's they there only box'es of already 70 + players. 

p.s. and most important thing is, if u see new comers at lvl 10/20/3040, it doesnt mean anything, what means the most is, if he will play up to 76+ lvl. Cause before that he doesnt exist. He doesnt change anything. Doesnt add anyting to server or remove from server.

At 76 he can join sides, + more active player, bla bla bla. Then u can feel difference.

Edited by Donkihot

38 minutes ago, Donkihot said:

u are not.

there is no logical explanation, why would server have more new comers. This is boomers game, kids dont even know about lineage 2 existence.

So in theory, ppl get older and they get wifes, kids, they stop playing, and since we dont have fresh blood, l2 community numbers are going lower and lower, day by day.

So only reason online(new comers flow) might get higher is, that some random boomer would get tired of hf 5 server and he will switch here. But again, the amount of time I played here, and did low lvl rb's they there only box'es of already 70 + players. 

p.s. and most important thing is, if u see new comers at lvl 10/20/3040, it doesnt mean anything, what means the most is, if he will play up to 76+ lvl. Cause before that he doesnt exist. He doesnt change anything. Doesnt add anyting to server or remove from server.

At 76 he can join sides, + more active player, bla bla bla. Then u can feel difference.

Well yes you are actually correct on these things.

Just lately after most european parties left ,we see some new people in 2 clans. Level 70+ . Thats all.

Also i think other primes dont have such problem 

I've been playing on this server for more than a year now and here's what I can tell you (no bs or sugarcoating it):

- farming is rather easy with dual box but it needs a lot of time, you won't make good adena unless you're a hardcore player

- most people have +++ gear and some know various exploits to OE, you will see same people selling OE weapons and after each restart the enchant grows. They sell, +11, next restart is +12 and so on until they reach+16 or more. There's something suspicious about that, all with new characters with names that don't make sense.

- sometimes the community can be quite toxic. If you have a decent weapon some players will try to train you hoping you will drop it. The chinos are doing this constantly in farm worthy areas. You can and you will drop stuff upon death, and the admins say it keeps the bots in check, but it actually benefits those high lvl dudes farming low lvl characters. Whatever, it's just annoying when you drop stuff just cause a 76+ char decides to stun you in toi or other areas.

- you will find parties at high lvls, if any (70+)

-there are a lot of bots but the admins are trying to do whatever possible to ban them. They ban them all the time, and there are periods when you can't see any, while other times you notice an increased bot activity. You will often find someone dragging 6 others behind him, buffers buffing at the same time and 2-3 chars hitting the mob. They will tell you some BS that it's macro, they' alt tabbing or stuff like that. just screenshot them and report it on discord, they often ban them.

-the thing that bugs me the most is the absence of catacombs and necropolis. I don't understand why they admins won't add them since these will be a lot of fun, farming would be profitable I guess, and clans with wars will have a lot of work to stay in them. Even more, it will be a honey trap for bots, so they will ban them faster (including the owners). The lack of these zones is the must frustrating issue for me.

-they don't include catacombs and necropolis, but they have devil's island with obscene strong mobs, the hunting area is mostly deserted because you can't stay alive for too long there and nobody bothers with it. Makes no sense to me, but whatever. 

-You will get spammed by mails and messages from RMT bots, it is frustrating but you end up ignoring it after a while.

Overall, as far as I know, this is the most populated server and minus the things listed here, I enjoy playing on it. I have convinced two friends to join the server last month. I gave them gear and all to have a smooth transition and I'm curious to see how much they will last. Welcome and try to enjoy your time here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Wolk said:

\-the thing that bugs me the most is the absence of catacombs and necropolis. I don't understand why they admins won't add them since these will be a lot of fun, farming would be profitable I guess, and clans with wars will have a lot of work to stay in them. Even more, it will be a honey trap for bots, so they will ban them faster (including the owners). The lack of these zones is the must frustrating issue for me.

I think that powerful clans will have a monopoly over the catacomb and necropolis and nobody else would be able to farm there. 

The pvp they bring would most probably be between high level players, protecting their low level farm characters.

I am saying this because you won't get all catacombs and necropoli. I think, in Classic, there is only Disciples (+Lilith boss) and Dark Omens (+Anakim boss).

Edited by Ovid

Ok so;
1.- Server is not heavily populated
2.- There's very little PVP after 76+
3.- There's practically no EU Prime now
4.- You have 1 EU side which has like... 20 active players? 1 BR side and 1, maybe 2, Asian sides.
Asian side prolly the only one worth playing because there is China clan with high activity and many players and Korean clan with 2-3 CPs that will often PVP with China (just for fun because Koreans don't even attend epics)

So in the end... you will spend a couple of months to get to high level, hoping for some endgame action but you won't find it anyway, cause since all sides are in different primes any endgame activity that is supposed to have PVP becomes just a PVE farm. And this happens with anything; Low level epics, silent valley bosses, high level epics.
If you like to kill mobs and progress on your own, yeah try this server. At least it is stable (although lots of bugs come and go) but if you come here hoping to find action you won't.
If there's any pvp for some endgame objective it is mostly one try, some 2 minutes PVP and that's it. But as i said, most of the times it will be just 1 side farming the objective uncontested in their own prime.

I'm a little tired of reading according to what comments from players who are not even playing on the server currently.
1. The server is 5 years old so it is logical not to find many low level characters as a general rule, but there is still a constant flow.
You have many randoms to go to leveling and raids to upload quickly (let's not forget that it is a classic retail server and that uploading alone should not be easy).
2. The US side had a large number of players but they broke the alliance and separated, but it does not mean that these players have disappeared. If you want pvp you can find it without any problem.
3. It is a server recognized for its population, stability and duration ... whoever wants to lose months of his life on servers that always close (this is not his server).
4. Right now the server has different competing sides.
- China (They have lost and a new clan has been formed with many players
)
- Europe is currently recruiting when a month ago they broke an alliance full of people.
- DarkForce has been together with Brazilian and Hispanic players for a long time.
- Then you have Koreans and 3-4 clans that have emerged and that seem to be recruiting.
- As they have said in other comments, there are many players unhappy with the servers that always close that have started and are growing.

I hope that anyone who wants to start the server will notice the good things and try it for himself, without attending to the haters.