Sign in to follow this  
Rizos

Mage damage skills bugged + suggestion for Server Re-Balance

About reflect dmg. I smth changed lately and skils dont have reflect dmg cap anymore (meele atacks still have but skils not). On official reflect dmg had cap of target p def + shield defence - on club works same for auto attacks. Check video

Auto atack hit for 88 850 but i reflect 1255(probably value of rb p def)

then i land deadly blow at 0:52 98k dmg and i reflect 19 785 (should reflect 1255 i suppose?)

same bug happened yesterday on pvp when ordi shot my mage for 6.3 but i reflect 2.8 even tho i had like 1200 p def

Proof from official? 2818 backstab (enemy has blazing skin 20% reflect) - should reflect 563 but reflected 393 cos of p def cap

@San0

Edited by Rizos
  • Like 1

Tyrant comparison:
Note: P def on test has small difference because 2 piece armor on club is bugged and you get like 30 more p def than on offi(bug reported in other topic) so in test i used armor set +0 on club and on official was +3/4 so p def differ by several 7 (on offic tyrant has 823 on club 830, same goes for tank, so dmg is not 100% same but a little bit lower on club)

https://l2classic.club/forum/topic/17595-1-part-main-armor-p-def-bug/

Test was made to check chain pull landrate on offic but u can also see dmg here as both chars are on self buff and known item (set +3/4) so on

official: 

club:

official:

blaster dmg : 667 / with hex 842
force storm dmg: 450
stun dmg: +- 460
Hurricane dmg with hex 1056
Raging force dmg: 182/ with hex 210

on club:
blaster dmg : 657 / with hex 829 - correct
force storm dmg: 444 - correct
Stun dmg: 530 bug? should be around 450
Hurricane dmg with hex 1039 correct
Raging force dmg 284/with hex 335 bug should be around 180/205

Edited by Rizos
  • Like 1

imagine thinking elders hitting like trucks was main problem for many people and was considered as urgent top kek matter

meanwhile nukers/tyrants hitting 30% more with their main skill was "i think damage is normal" 9_9 @iOrdinator i dont think archers will need any boost after all this fixes will be implemented tbh :D 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, iOrdinator said:

Add also reflect taken from hits. On previous patch there was a gap of how much damage you could get back. Now you hit and take half the damage back. You hit for 6k take back 3. I understand Pr being a glass cannon. But it’s another thing to be a glass cannon, another a kamikaze. Hitting for 6k and get 3k back with 7k hp pool is kinda WTH just happened here? : O 

To be honest when I heard you guys gonna boost archers I ve been expecting something to help archers to sustain.

Something like this 

C652D87C-7206-4FB8-863F-6466C05F28EA.jpeg

or like this

7743FB4F-96C7-46A5-B8D3-C0DA9F7A1ECE.jpeg 

Not giving to he some dash, that you can trigger only if he losing its whole cp before.

The main problem of archers on this chronicle is reflect. We should be afraid to shot on someone cause if not dead you are probably dead from reflect. No bishop can save you, nor party ud.

You should work for NCsoft... With Your imagination You can break classes much better then they do.

About reflect... Try be mage, and use aoe.

Edited by YipMan

7 minutes ago, YipMan said:

You should work for NCsoft... With Your imagination You can break classes much better then they do.

About reflect... Try be mage, and use aoe.

there is difference between "reflect being strong" and "reflect being bugged", for mages its first one, for PRs its second one

• Like 1

there is a problm with the refect related stuff in general when it comes to not normal auto attack hits.

the reflect you take from a single source should be capped - atm this is working for normal auto attack hits only.

dance of protection should decrease damage from reflect sources for all kind of dmage - atm this is also working for normal auto attack hits only also.

we checking it out and will try to change this as soon as its possible to make the damage you get from reflect to correctly capped and correctly decreased by dance of protection.

about some magic skills damage hiting harder then they should.

there was indeed a problm on the highest level of some of the magic spells where the power increase was applying wrong, for exemple prominence lvl 27 hiting for 1000, prominence lvl 28(+2power) hiting for 1040 and then prominence lvl 29(+2 power) hiting for like 1500. this power scalling was corrected and will be instaled on live on next restart.

this fixes will go for prominence, hydro blast, vampiric claw, death spike, might of heaven and hurricane.

in the case of the hurricane this problm was happening even earlier on all levels of the skill.

about tyrant damage, that will require more investigation to pinpoint the reason of the damage diference and the exact place to change to adjust it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

the smell of era where clicking F1 wont be enough to smash everything and when assist is actually needed in parties to do something when you want to kill people because your damage is not overboosted to heaven

it smells najs ^_^ 

2 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

the smell of era where clicking F1 wont be enough to smash everything and when assist is actually needed in parties to do something when you want to kill people because your damage is not overboosted to heaven

it smells najs ^_^ 

You forgot about fatal counter xd

2 minutes ago, YipMan said:

You forgot about fatal counter xd

we fought vs ordi yday, sorry to burst your bubble, but if they dont assist, its not so easy to kill people even with PRs ^_^ (sure, in mass pvp sometimes you happen to get lowered HP and you fatal someone who has 50-60% HP at that time and you kill him, but that goes same if you land vortex+buster on mage, but generally archers dont work that way :P )

Edited by MoDoy

3 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

we fought vs ordi yday, sorry to burst your bubble, but if they dont assist, its not so easy to kill people even with PRs  (sure, in mass pvp sometimes you happen to get lowered HP and you fatal someone who has 50-60% HP at that time and you kill him, but that goes same if you land vortex+buster on mage, but generally archers dont work that way )

Landing Vortex on puri song QQ 

Anyways sorry to burts You bubble ... its enought to be out of CP, and You get 1 shotted by FC on elemental mage xd 

Just now, YipMan said:

Landing Vortex on puri song QQ 

Anyways sorry to burts You bubble ... its enought to be out of CP, and You get 1 shotted by FC on elemental mage xd 

yeah, thats why server is full of archers 1 shotting those mages :d feel free to play archers and show us how its 1 shotting mages and how they dont need to assist in pvp, i bet you will be very successful, how come nobody did this before xD 

My Goodness What an Idea - Meming Wiki

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MoDoy said:

yeah, thats why server is full of archers 1 shotting those mages :d feel free to play archers and show us how its 1 shotting mages and how they dont need to assist in pvp, i bet you will be very successful, how come nobody did this before xD 

My Goodness What an Idea - Meming Wiki

Serwer is empty of archers becouse is full of tanks ....... 

Oke im done for today. My head is already hurting becouse of You.

3 minutes ago, YipMan said:

Serwer is empty of archers becouse is full of tanks ....... 

Oke im done for today. My head is already hurting becouse of You.

good ^_^

still waiting for kiss of eva to be self buff, not only 10% pure damage boost for free is unfair, but it also makes less punishing for parties without rechargers, coz they can withstand much more with 10% clarity effect from it, it totally unbalances whole gameplay san0 ^_^ 

Boosting archers cuz all club archers are uncapable to play sounds like plan.san0 pls implement bss for archers asap pls 

I could be a newbie here but @Rizos and @MoDoy are always giving proofs of what they're saying while people like @YipMan never likes to admite they're wrong.

Nice to see there are people investing their time so hard on OBT just to get bugs fixed, my thanks to you.

About archers if i remember well Agressive Team from GK (Sentry Pt) was mass assisting each other to delete people, is not like just one PR could go Yolo and solo people.

If im not wrong this was a top pack vs a top pack back then. And you can see any of his movies, hes not oneshooting people, plus i have to really admit FC damage under 20% hp is just to high.

Edited by Slush
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Slush you cant really blame denko for being aggressive when motoy is always provokative) but yes they helped a lot pose aswell on this server skill balancing

i could say modoy eventho is retarded really helped.

Edited by iAxZp

seems like most magical skills got fixed, still waiting to make kiss of eva self buff, as the pure 10% power boost and 10% clarity rekts the balance and makes no sense to have it on mages, make EEs great again

On 4/15/2020 at 2:57 PM, MoDoy said:

good

still waiting for kiss of eva to be self buff, not only 10% pure damage boost for free is unfair, but it also makes less punishing for parties without rechargers, coz they can withstand much more with 10% clarity effect from it, it totally unbalances whole gameplay san0  

It doesn't tho, since the nukes got nerfed (fixed), it's pretty good as it is. Mages aren't OP by a long shot, they're literally nothing but on par with stronger chars now. KoE is also pretty good for newbies and general nuker farming which definitely needs support at this stage of the server. Good change overall and all parties are free to adapt should they feel they can do better with a different setup.

Anyway glad the nukes got fixed so quickly, it really wonderful to see things moving so fast.

16 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

It doesn't tho, since the nukes got nerfed (fixed), it's pretty good as it is. Mages aren't OP by a long shot, they're literally nothing but on par with stronger chars now. KoE is also pretty good for newbies and general nuker farming which definitely needs support at this stage of the server. Good change overall and all parties are free to adapt should they feel they can do better with a different setup.

Anyway glad the nukes got fixed so quickly, it really wonderful to see things moving so fast.

have you ever pvped with end game mages? no, they are not okay, why do you think most of people played mages on official, without kiss of eva being on mages? you got it right, because they are actually strong. And you know by how much they were stronger? that they had to introduce blessed soulshots, which gave +15% dmg boost for physical attacks. and guess what, people still played mages after that mostly.

once again, kiss of eva breaks the game and it shouldnt exist, this is not supposed to be linemage2 and i hope once every broken skill me and @Rizos reported gets fixed, they will change this stupid kiss of eva to be self buff, until then fine, enjoy it coz mages got fixed before every other class (and by every other i literally mean every after deep tests)

Maybe I'm being naive but wouldn't a simple change like KoE can't be casted on 3rd class mages like they did with summoners "fix" end game mages while not screwing over those in lower levels?

On 4/13/2020 at 10:28 PM, SemenArsonist said:

how is necro a summoner? If you want to treat it like a summoner maybe it should get the whole summoner toolkit. I mean I agree that death spike should a bit weaker than elemental mage nukes, but just because it has a pet and transfer pain doesn't mean it's a summoner.

i cannot give kiss of eva to necros so ask san0 about that (kiss of eva cannot be casted to summoner classes)

11 hours ago, MoDoy said:

have you ever pvped with end game mages? no, they are not okay, why do you think most of people played mages on official, without kiss of eva being on mages? you got it right, because they are actually strong. And you know by how much they were stronger? that they had to introduce blessed soulshots, which gave +15% dmg boost for physical attacks. and guess what, people still played mages after that mostly.

once again, kiss of eva breaks the game and it shouldnt exist, this is not supposed to be linemage2 and i hope once every broken skill me and @Rizos reported gets fixed, they will change this stupid kiss of eva to be self buff, until then fine, enjoy it coz mages got fixed before every other class (and by every other i literally mean every after deep tests)

I don't know broski, I never really enjoyed being part of this kind of discussion because always both parties (pro and against) are at least somewhat biased about what they/their allies play or what they enjoy playing with/against etc. I'm going to say this though, when summoners were broken, everyone knew they were broken and basically everyone agreed that they they shouldn't have such high level of nukes. As for the mages you seem to be the only one here who's advocating them to be nerfed. Also, as a counterpoint, regardless of how I feel about how mages should or should not be, I raised the fact that KoE greatly helps beginning players who want to play mages, who are at great disadvantage against RBing chars (virtually everyone but mages) and who would be quite screwed over if you decided to remove this skill across the board - you haven't adressed this issue either.

btw. I didn't read the whole patch notes of the update where blessed SS were introduced but I'm fairly sure this wasn't the only change introduced there, i.e. there're way too many variables as to why they decided for this. Correlation doesn't imply causation and all.

Edited by FryderykChopin

1 hour ago, FryderykChopin said:

I don't know broski, I never really enjoyed being part of this kind of discussion because always both parties (pro and against) are at least somewhat biased about what they/their allies play or what they enjoy playing with/against etc. I'm going to say this though, when summoners were broken, everyone knew they were broken and basically everyone agreed that they they shouldn't have such high level of nukes. As for the mages you seem to be the only one here who's advocating them to be nerfed. Also, as a counterpoint, regardless of how I feel about how mages should or should not be, I raised the fact that KoE greatly helps beginning players who want to play mages, who are at great disadvantage against RBing chars (virtually everyone but mages) and who would be quite screwed over if you decided to remove this skill across the board - you haven't adressed this issue either.

btw. I didn't read the whole patch notes of the update where blessed SS were introduced but I'm fairly sure this wasn't the only change introduced there, i.e. there're way too many variables as to why they decided for this. Correlation doesn't imply causation and all.

we are playing mage party, so we would get affected by removal of kiss of eva as well. second of all, people dont agree with it because most of people play mages and you can just look at yipman standpoint, he shouts the loudest when we are nerfing other classes but when we want to touch mages, he goes "oh, okay, but then nerf this this and this on other classes as well!", eventho we are just fixing something they had extra and not nerfing. Guess who cried about summoners? you are correct, thsoe people who didnt have summoners and were being dominated by them, now they wont try to scream to nerf themselves if they play mages, right?

as for raidbosses, sorry to tell you, while watching san0s stream i realized it has 0 impact what class and weapon you have since lvl 25, he was doing 20 dmg with no grade dagger to boss and people still took him to party because bosses were being killed from like 30 people even on 30 lvl and after 40 when you join train bosses, once again, doesnt matter what class you are and you will get into party. also dont forget mages have AoE tool to compensate their inability to single nuke mana efficiently that most of other fighter classes dont have, so this kiss of eva is just pure excuse for people who are lazy to actually do something and want freebie boost.

Sign in to follow this