Sign in to follow this  
FryderykChopin

[SUGGESTION] Make Boting Legal

Botting  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should admins implement this way of 'soft' botting to the server?

• Yes, it will be fair towards people who don't have time to play as much
    • No, botting doesn't belong to this game.

I know what you're all thinking right now but hear me out - not everyone has a time to play 24/7. A lot of people have some real-life responsibilites too. To some extent I believe you could say the game is not fair towards those people who don't spend as much time in it.

I believe botting would really help to balance things out on the server.

To make it as fair as possible, there would be only one, official way to bot which would be the same for everyone. Here's how it would work:

1. You could only bot in specific areas. In these areas, mobs would give lower XP/SP rewards so playing live would still be advantageous.
  2. During botting you'd be recieving special items to buy XP scrolls to catch up once you stop botting and go live. These items will be tradeable, so people who need adena will be able to just sell them to not create a big gap between level and equip to those who want to only bot.
  3. Some of these bot areas will be peace zones so you can't get killed by random PKs.
  4. Mobs in those areas will have 0 p.atk/0 m.atk so you can't accidentaly die during botting, to make it as friendly as possible.
  5. There will be no limitations on the botting, it will only stop on server restarts.

What do you guys think? :)

/Guess we can all agree that sounds completely retarded. But jokes on us, this is exactly what's coming our way with the new bot fishing in upcoming patch - https://l2wiki.com/classic/Fishing

Edited by FryderykChopin

Nope. game is made for players to play it, not PC play it for them. I understand, you might not have too much time for a game, but you must accept that and play casually because nothing is easy... why would you get for example 80% by botting of that what living players take by their time and effort put into that game? And also, I doubt anyone except chinesse spend 24/7 or even 12/7.

Edited by Myrtan

Voted for yes cos its troll topic about fishing

P.s. you forgot to add you gonna make not even 1% of exp you would do on normal exp spot

Edited by Rizos

There is an auto macro in official classic server. Its like botting if you are in a party and it is exactly what you said. soft botting

When you are in a party in cruma for example someone is main assist so you make a macro to assist him and you toggle this macro to work forever so you do other things and the character that you assist xp you without being on pc. you have to look pc though because it can go sideways really fast. this is the closest thing to soft botting that i have ever encountered and i am not happy about that because there are people there with 30 accounts that have full parties and use this thing and farm raid bosses and noone can compete with them. 

botting is the worst thing that ever existed. either soft or not

if you dont want to play and you dont have time then choose a single player game or a game with less grind

Edited by eXistenZ
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Pendragon said:

No, hes salty about fishing update in 2.0.

Oh I see. So the fishing system is exactly what he is describing?

you can just leave your character for 24h and get exp + items out of it? if so then it's stupid..

20 minutes ago, Creedie said:

Oh I see. So the fishing system is exactly what he is describing?

you can just leave your character for 24h and get exp + items out of it? if so then it's stupid..

not items. just some buffs (10%xp buff, vampiric range buff, berzerk buff etc etc) also the xp is not so much at least in Skelth that xp is harder than club... the only problem with fishing is that the entire server is afk fishing :P other than that its ok :)

Edited by eXistenZ

For those who missed it - yes, this topic is a complaint about the bot fishing in patch 2.0.

1 hour ago, eXistenZ said:

not items. just some buffs (10%xp buff, vampiric range buff, berzerk buff etc etc) also the xp is not so much at least in Skelth that xp is harder than club... the only problem with fishing is that the entire server is afk fishing :P other than that its ok :)

You get the fishes out of it which are tradeable, these buff scrolls you're talking about are reward for the fishes.

4 hours ago, Rizos said:

Voted for yes cos its troll topic about fishing

P.s. you forgot to add you gonna make not even 1% of exp you would do on normal exp spot

You probably never used the feature if you're serious about the 1%

oh duh, more topics about 2.0 features just before beta opens, but i voted yes as well coz trolololo

ps. too bad they increased prices for pk scrolls, the rage of people using 10% xp scroll and getting pked next minute would be fabulous

Game is simple. No time to play dont play. 

If u work and have money.

Buy acc, change name, transfer it. Izi game izi life.<<<<<< Our server advantage for non nolifer.

7 minutes ago, ProGressive said:

Buy acc, change name, transfer it. Izi game izi life.<<<<<< Our server advantage for non nolifer.

and what if: no time, no work, no money? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

damn, my life in nutshell

you forgot - no girlfriend!

Edited by Anytime

2 hours ago, ProGressive said:

ye that's exactly how it is, and it's exactly why the bot fishing is bullcrap. 

2 hours ago, kkthx said:

[SUGGESTION] Ban FryderykChopin for stupid suggestions.

1. Yes.
2. Obviously.

This.

23 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

You guys do realize it's a joke suggestion, right? It's supposed to show how stupid the upcoming bot fishing is.

ofc people realize it, tho i recommend looking for job in TV news or newspaper, coz the threads u are making look like this, which is perfect fit for those jobs ^_^ 

1ulfyk.jpg

7 hours ago, Anytime said:

you forgot - no girlfriend!

and here i thought we would get another epic marriage event between MoDoy and Elisa, the gatekeeper of aden.

well, there's always hope. i guess. 10.gif

Legal or illegal people use it equally. And unban for 5 euros. We have as an example "mattD - Dians" and many more. It is a business that you have to understand that serves the server... :D

16 hours ago, MoDoy said:

ofc people realize it, tho i recommend looking for job in TV news or newspaper, coz the threads u are making look like this, which is perfect fit for those jobs ^_^

Well sorry for clickbait but my point still holds - I mean, you read the whole thing and realize it's complete nonsense, but then you figure out the new fishing is exactly it and suddenly it's okay because it's 'official'? I just don't really think so

10 hours ago, Liso said:

Legal or illegal people use it equally. And unban for 5 euros. We have as an example "mattD - Dians" and many more. It is a business that you have to understand that serves the server... :D

But that's the thing, this doesn't benefit them in any way, it really just screws up the gameplay with absolutely no reward. I honestly can't imagine a person who would join this server just so he could bot.

4 minutes ago, FryderykChopin said:

Well sorry for clickbait but my point still holds - I mean, you read the whole thing and realize it's complete nonsense, but then you figure out the new fishing is exactly it and suddenly it's okay because it's 'official'? I just don't really think so

no, i knew after very first point when u said "botting on certain places" that u will talk all this time about fishing, and if u mean that in 1h of fishing u will xp same like killing 3 shamans in BS, then yeah, insane botting, u could probably "bot" more even with macro now, i believe u could put there enough commands to kill 4 shamans wow

well, i dont think OBT will persuade u about opposite of this thing, but i can tell u that even old fishing was bot action, who do u think farmed all the POCF for whole servers? sure some casual player who plays 1-2h who did it manually

200_s.gif

Edited by MoDoy

1 hour ago, MoDoy said:

no, i knew after very first point when u said "botting on certain places" that u will talk all this time about fishing, and if u mean that in 1h of fishing u will xp same like killing 3 shamans in BS, then yeah, insane botting, u could probably "bot" more even with macro now, i believe u could put there enough commands to kill 4 shamans wow

well, i dont think OBT will persuade u about opposite of this thing, but i can tell u that even old fishing was bot action, who do u think farmed all the POCF for whole servers? sure some casual player who plays 1-2h who did it manually

200_s.gif

I mean I've played on the offic... I don't have a subscription anymore but I can assure you that you're underestimating the exp you can get from the fishing, especially if you leave it overnight.

The thing with proofs was that they've never had enough value to make it worth for serious botters. I mean think of it, with the exception to inventory expanding (which again was a thing which held serious value for fairly small ammount of people), you could solve everything else by creating another account which was free and effortless on private servers. I feel like the only botters who were fishing were those who couldn't set up a real bot. In reality I felt like most fellow fishers were people who just enjoyed the thing. ...Meanwhile literally everyone will need the +STATS and XP boost scrolls.

Edited by FryderykChopin